Denver VS Minnesota - 8th seed showdown 4/11/2018 - poll from last summer

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Denver VS Minnesota (who finishes with a better record)

Minnesota
62%
Denver
38%

Total votes: 400

Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach
And1: 2,296

Re: Denver VS Minnesota (who finishes with a better record) 

Post#141 » by Nuggets_Talk » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:19 am

karkinos wrote:
Wolfy1983 wrote:Is this a rhetorical question?

seriously
vegas odds on minnesota over denver would be heavy

I imagine there will be a lot of wealthy Minnesotans in about 8 months with the over under being only around 45 wins
flintsky21
Sixth Man
And1: 2,781

Post#142 » by flintsky21 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:28 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:
flintsky21 wrote:Twolves. The NBA right now is an arms race, and as it stands, Minnesota has 3 stars to Denver's 2.

Too bad that's not how it works.

One superstar can be better than 3 All Stars. It depends who turns out the best of them all.

Well between Denver and Minnesota, the 2 best players are in Minny.
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,193

Post#143 » by Wolfgang630 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:37 am

flintsky21 wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
flintsky21 wrote:Twolves. The NBA right now is an arms race, and as it stands, Minnesota has 3 stars to Denver's 2.

One superstar can be better than 3 All Stars. It depends who turns out the best of them all.

That's debatable
Wolfy1983
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,299

Post#144 » by Wolfy1983 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:51 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:
flintsky21 wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:

That's debatable

No it isn't.
Sig By: MettaWorldPanda
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach

Post#145 » by Nuggets_Talk » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:31 am

Wolfy1983 wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
flintsky21 wrote:Well between Denver and Minnesota, the 2 best players are in Minny.

That's debatable

No it isn't.

Huh? What the hell have I been reading on this board then. I think it's the actual defintion of debateable
kinggnik87
Sophomore
And1: 172

Post#146 » by kinggnik87 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:43 am

flintsky21 wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:

Best players doesn't equal to winning. Last season NO has 2 better players while Min has 3 better players than Nuggets.
Yet, they are BELOW nuggets.

Better players doesn't equal to winning. It is about how they perform in the system.
Rashoismydad
Junior
And1: 78

Post#147 » by Rashoismydad » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:54 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
Wolfy1983 wrote:
Wolfgang630 wrote:
That's debatable

No it isn't.

Huh? What the hell have I been reading on this board then. I think it's the actual defintion of debateable

I can debate that 1+1=3 too, but it would just make me look like an idiot.

In the thread dedicated to slob on Jokic he is getting 1/4 of the vote. You are mistaking your delusion for a legitimate argument and I feel bad for you. Your inferiority complex and wolves obsession must be hard to deal with for your loved ones. I couldnt care less about the nuggets and certainly dont obsess over the views of their fans like you do the wolves. Just another middle of the pack team with no real chance of moving up in their current iteration due to a lack of top tier talent. Put them in the same boat as a Utah type team, some nice players who might be able to give their fans the thrill of a playoff chase only to be clobbered in the first round. Basically a nothing team nobody cares about, and this just stings the sh*t out of you.

Is that me declaring how much better MN will be? Nope, but im not ignorant to what it takes to be a real contender in this league, and theres nobody outside of Colorado who thinks the nuggets have a better core to push toward contender status than the wolves.
Shadilay
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#148 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:02 am

I think Denver will.

The team fits better
Raptors til death
baldur
RealGM
And1: 12,366

Post#149 » by baldur » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:08 am

It is a failure if minnesota can't finish with a better record.
Nuggets_Talk
Head Coach

Post#150 » by Nuggets_Talk » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:53 am

Rashoismydad wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
Wolfy1983 wrote:
No it isn't.

In the thread dedicated to slob on Jokic he is getting 1/4 of the vote. You are mistaking your delusion for a legitimate argument and I feel bad for you. Your inferiority complex and wolves obsession must be hard to deal with for your loved ones. I couldnt care less about the nuggets and certainly dont obsess over the views of their fans like you do the wolves. Just another middle of the pack team with no real chance of moving up in their current iteration due to a lack of top tier talent. Put them in the same boat as a Utah type team, some nice players who might be able to give their fans the thrill of a playoff chase only to be clobbered in the first round. Basically a nothing team nobody cares about, and this just stings the sh*t out of you.

Is that me declaring how much better MN will be? Nope, but im not ignorant to what it takes to be a real contender in this league, and theres nobody outside of Colorado who thinks the nuggets have a better core to push toward contender status than the wolves.

Wow it really does bother you that kat vs jokic is closer than you want to admit. Too bad.

"It's only geyme . Why u heff to be mad?"
-some hockey dude.
Rashoismydad
Junior

Post#151 » by Rashoismydad » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:03 am

Nuggets_Talk wrote:Wow it really does bother you that kat vs jokic is closer than you want to admit. Too bad.

-some hockey dude.

The mere fact you phrase it as "closer than you want to admit" makes my point for me. Go beg somebody else for approval, KAT>Jokic by a mile in the same manner KG>Mcdyess. Cling to your dreams of them being close, I will confidently state one is a future HOFer and the other might make an all star team. Seriously, inferiority complex.
Shadilay
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,534

Post#152 » by Alatan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:35 am

Rashoismydad wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
Wolfy1983 wrote:
No it isn't.

You dont need to debate anything, your style of arguing does the job.

If you couldn't care less about the Nuggets why do you insist on slandering them in every thread...

As for do the Nuggets have a core for contending, time will tell. Murray could end up being as good as Lillard, Harris could become a Thompson type player and Jokic could be great. It is too early to tell so i would refer from labeling the Nuggets as a team without a future.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#153 » by psimanic1 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:38 am

Rashoismydad wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:Wow it really does bother you that kat vs jokic is closer than you want to admit. Too bad.

-some hockey dude.

The mere fact you phrase it as "closer than you want to admit" makes my point for me. Go beg somebody else for approval, KAT>Jokic by a mile in the same manner KG>Mcdyess. Cling to your dreams of them being close, I will confidently state one is a future HOFer and the other might make an all star team. Seriously, inferiority complex.

You sure your nickname shouldn't be KATismydad? That's how you are talking about him.... :crazy: :crazy:
LordCovington33
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,646

Post#154 » by LordCovington33 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:15 am

I remember this time last year, Wolves fans were talking up their chances of having a winning record and making the playoffs. We all know how that turned out. Look, you might have some talent on your team, but now is not the time to get cocky. Let's see how they gel first, before you start dissing other teams.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#155 » by HeartBreakKid » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:21 pm

Rashoismydad wrote:

-some hockey dude.

Jokic was easily better than Towns last year, not even sure how you can say it's the opposite, and by a mile??
Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,658

Post#156 » by Jadoogar » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:07 pm

Nuggets_Talk wrote:
Bobalob wrote:Re: the Nuggets depth, its ironic that Nuggets fans keep bringing up the Nuggets offense and Jokic's play in the second half of the season, aka after the Nurkic trade. Ding ding ding!

They got better by LOSING depth. Players need minutes and consistency to shine, not a 10 deep team with guys overlapping each other.

How you got Murray, Barton, Mudiay, Harris, and Jameer Nelson (and Malik Beasley) on 1 team?! :lol:

2 or 3 stars >>> 9 or 10 dudes all on the same level. Get the Nuggets outta here.

I don't get that last part. What does "9 or 10 dudes all in the same level" mean?

I don't get any of it. Losing Nurkic also improved their chemistry and fit (things that Bobalob claims don't matter at all).
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#157 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:33 pm

I am absolutely floored that people view Wiggins as a bright shining star but Harris as a mediocre talent. Harris >>>>>>>> Wiggins.

If you were the Bulls and didn't have any players that could break down a defense Wiggins might be the better fit. But for a 3rd/4th player his skill set simply doesn't match the needs of the team. Meanwhile, Harris can play off ball and defend really well.

KAT could take an enormous jump this season, but he shined next to Rubio and now that he is gone and a bunch of scorers have replaced him I don't find it very likely. If he doesn't I have Denver.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
YourBuddy
Bench Warmer
And1: 657

Post#158 » by YourBuddy » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:38 pm

simmbiid wrote:I remember this time last year, Wolves fans were talking up their chances of having a winning record and making the playoffs. We all know how that turned out. Look, you might have some talent on your team, but now is not the time to get cocky. Let's see how they gel first, before you start dissing other teams.

:lol: get out of here.

The Wolves fans weren't the posters to start "dissing" other people talk. Some Nuggets fans come in here falsely claiming that Wolves fans are always wrong and they are always right in this discussion instead of just sticking to the actual topic. So spare us with your "don't be arrogant" comments. Especially since it isn't just Wolves fans voting in this poll.
Bobalob
Bench Warmer
And1: 882

Post#159 » by Bobalob » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:59 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
Nuggets_Talk wrote:
Bobalob wrote:Re: the Nuggets depth, its ironic that Nuggets fans keep bringing up the Nuggets offense and Jokic's play in the second half of the season, aka after the Nurkic trade. Ding ding ding!

They got better by LOSING depth. Players need minutes and consistency to shine, not a 10 deep team with guys overlapping each other.

How you got Murray, Barton, Mudiay, Harris, and Jameer Nelson (and Malik Beasley) on 1 team?! :lol:

2 or 3 stars >>> 9 or 10 dudes all on the same level. Get the Nuggets outta here.

I don't get that last part. What does "9 or 10 dudes all in the same level" mean?

I don't get any of it. Losing Nurkic also improved their chemistry and fit (things that Bobalob claims don't matter at all).

Facepalm.

1) I didn't say fit doesnt mater. I said elite talent trumps fit

2) Yes Denver got better bc of chemistry, but Denver simply became a better version of Denver. I mean congratulations, but they obviously did not become better than the eight teams ahead of them who had more talent *bang*. And at minimum they will not be better than GS, Houston, Minny, OKC, or San Antonio this year, all teams with elite talent(s). Got it now? Good.
Rashoismydad
Junior

Post#160 » by Rashoismydad » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:44 pm

Alatan wrote:You dont need to debate anything, your style of arguing does the job.

If you couldn't care less about the Nuggets why do you insist on slandering them in every thread...

As for do the Nuggets have a core for contending, time will tell. Murray could end up being as good as Lillard, Harris could become a Thompson type player and Jokic could be great. It is too early to tell so i would refer from labeling the Nuggets as a team without a future.

This kind of nonsense is why you deserve ridicule.

The guy who shot 40%, has a PER of 11.9, a TS% of 51.8, and an Ortg of 103? That guy?

Its about as reasonable of an assessment as saying Jokic >= Towns. Not at all.
Shadilay

Return to The General Board