Lebron James Final Season as a Cav

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,787

Re: Lebron James Final Season as a Cav 

Post#141 » by RoyceDa59 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:01 pm

Vee-Rex wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:Cleveland was all the rage when the players knew they had a legitimate chance at a championship. The second that went away, things went back to normal and everyone wants a ticket on the next flight out of that town/franchise as quickly as possible.

Irving wants to go, James wants to go, Carmelo no longer wants to come. I feel bad for Cavs fans.

We do have a championship banner. Maybe one day you'll know what that's like.

I sure hope so but I highly doubt it. Raps would need a complete overhaul and get lucky through draft picks to ever be in a position to win a championship.

That being said, I'd take living in Toronto, and 0 championships, to living in Cleveland with 1 championship. Every day of the week and twice on sundays. :D
Go Raps!!
Vee-Rex
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#142 » by Vee-Rex » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:01 pm

Lala870 wrote:
Vee-Rex wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:Cleveland was all the rage when the players knew they had a legitimate chance at a championship. The second that went away, things went back to normal and everyone wants a ticket on the next flight out of that town/franchise as quickly as possible.

Irving wants to go, James wants to go, Carmelo no longer wants to come. I feel bad for Cavs fans.

We do have a championship banner.

Do you work for the cavaliers organization in such a capacity you directly contributed to the win?

"we" lol.

We, as fans, celebrated the championship our team brought us. The banner is a reflection of that.

Are you seriously that dense or trying (but failing) to troll?
Vee-Rex
Starter
And1: 2,667

Post#143 » by Vee-Rex » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:02 pm

RoyceDa59 wrote:
Vee-Rex wrote:

We do have a championship banner. Maybe one day you'll know what that's like.

I sure hope so but I highly doubt it. Raps would need a complete overhaul and get lucky through draft picks to ever be in a position to win a championship.

That being said, I'd take living in Toronto, and 0 championships, to living in Cleveland with 1 championship. Every day of the week and twice on sundays. :D

Ahh, so the real objective of your original post has been revealed. Bashing the city of Cleveland. Bravo! :lol:
Coachcavplaya23
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#144 » by Coachcavplaya23 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:14 pm

queridiculo wrote:
Coachcavplaya23 wrote:
Seabass777 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I wonder why the relationship is beyond repair and who caused it???

Gilbert being a Trump cheerleader might have something to do with it.

So what does Gilbert supporting Trump have to do with it? Lebron supports Clinton who is pathetic candidate. I can see the connection though. They both cry a lot when they lose.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Post#145 » by jbk1234 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:14 pm

Ckay wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is messed up to me. Unless Sheridan's source is LBJ himself, and he didn't claim it was, how does he know which source is lying?
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#146 » by loserX » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
Ckay wrote:
Read on Twitter

This is messed up to me. Unless Sheridan's source is LBJ himself, and he didn't claim it was, how does he know which source is lying?

The one that disagrees with Sheridan is lying, obvs.

I mean it's not like Sheridan himself would benefit from posting a sensationalist rumour on the internet, right? Ulterior motives are just for other people.
ravinaziankid
Senior
And1: 268

Post#147 » by ravinaziankid » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 pm

Coachcavplaya23 wrote:
queridiculo wrote:
Coachcavplaya23 wrote:
I wonder why the relationship is beyond repair and who caused it???

Gilbert being a Trump cheerleader might have something to do with it.

So what does Gilbert supporting Trump have to do with it? Lebron supports Clinton who is pathetic candidate. I can see the connection though. They both cry a lot when they lose.

Wow didn't expect that coming from a cavs fan, i thought you guys worship lebron and he can do no wrong.

I think if i were the cavs, I would trade his ass for some assets so you're not left with overpaid role players.
ocelot17
Starter
And1: 3,829

Post#148 » by ocelot17 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:16 pm

It's pretty obvious lebron is coming to Houston to play with harden, cp3 and melo.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Everyone knows that lebron only cares about winning championships and he's the biggest front runner that will leave at the first sign of trouble.

He will go to the team that gives him the best chance of winning and that's Houston. He's said multiple times that he would love to end his career with his banana boat friends.
Coachcavplaya23
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#149 » by Coachcavplaya23 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:25 pm

LoveMyHeat wrote:
Coachcavplaya23 wrote:
LoveMyHeat wrote:I must have missed the part where LeBron held a gun to Gilbert's head and forced him to type.

I guess you must of missed the part where Lebron acted like diva for a hour in order to satisfy his over inflated ego.

Notwithstanding the ridiculousness of The Decision, well-adjusted human beings aren't "triggered" into writing 400-word public letters likening players to property. Gilbert is mentally ill. Please stop defending the indefensible.

Please tell how he is mentally ill.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#150 » by LakersLegacy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:59 pm

LeBron having to deal with some drama w/ Riley, Jackson, Kyrie and owner Gilbert int he last year.

If he leaves LeBron legacy will show he has a strong will and will play where he can engineer a contender and likes the people running the team.

I've been afraid to change my job. It's good but not championship great. I may let LeBron be my role model on this one since I'm at a 50/50 coin flip. LOL.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#151 » by LakersLegacy » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:04 pm

ocelot17 wrote:It's pretty obvious lebron is coming to Houston to play with harden, cp3 and melo.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. Everyone knows that lebron only cares about winning championships and he's the biggest front runner that will leave at the first sign of trouble.

He will go to the team that gives him the best chance of winning and that's Houston. He's said multiple times that he would love to end his career with his banana boat friends.

I think LeBron might not want to live in Texas because his wife likes LA and they are really anti-Trump and kind of anti-red. LeBron is really socially conscious. Not full Jim Brown but 75% Jim Brown.

But I would love to see what coach D'Antonie could do with LeBron!!!
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,797

Post#152 » by jc23 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:14 pm

Seabass777 wrote:It really just goes to show you how fast things in the NBA could change.

From the outside it seemed perfect Lebron is back home going to the Finals every year, and just like that it's over.

Must really suck to be a Cavs fan right now. It just looks like there's too much dysfunction going on in that organization right now.

i think cavs fans need to take a step back and realize they are still in store for a great season. You have lebron for one more year and the odds still say you are the favorite in the east.

you went all in to win titles and as soon as lebron leaves you will suck but so what, that is how this story usually ends. Most fans would love just one of their last 3 seasons. Even the warriors will drop off a cliff one day, you just got to enjoy the ride while it lasts.
Be curious, Not judgmental
DaddyCool19
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,392

Post#153 » by DaddyCool19 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:14 pm

loserX wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Ckay wrote:
Read on Twitter

The one that disagrees with Sheridan is lying, obvs.

I mean it's not like Sheridan himself would benefit from posting a sensationalist rumour on the internet, right? Ulterior motives are just for other people.

Wasn't he the first reporter who said that Lebron was going back to Cleveland in 2014?
SCHeat
Pro Prospect
And1: 676

Post#154 » by SCHeat » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:16 pm

Are any Cavs fans actually surprised by this. I mean, you had to have known in 2014 that he wasn't staying long.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,797

Post#155 » by jc23 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:23 pm

LakersLegacy wrote:
ocelot17 wrote:It's pretty obvious lebron is coming to Houston to play with harden, cp3 and melo.

I think LeBron might not want to live in Texas because his wife likes LA and they are really anti-Trump and kind of anti-red. LeBron is really socially conscious. Not full Jim Brown but 75% Jim Brown.

But I would love to see what coach D'Antonie could do with LeBron!!!

maybe he is raptor bound then.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#156 » by Stillwater » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:27 pm

If he decides to leave after next year, which I clearly believe he has not decided yet, then Houston probably would have reason to believe they have a decent chance of getting him because of those reasons, but Melo still isn't traded,there is no way of knowing how a cp3 harden back court will actually work out, etc. but if it does,& Melo is traded there without giving up Gordon and they can beat the warriors a couple of times without Lebron, I could see that as an option for him if the Cavs implode due to the KI situation. aside from all of those things happening , it is much more likely with the roster built around him in Cleveland that he remains there despite the off the court differences regarding opinions about the leaders of this country between him and the Cavs owner,esp considering the majority of owners share the same views as Gilbert.
Gilbert has done everything expected of an owner this time around going way into the lux tax etc. his views on the direction of America although differing from James will likely not impact James ability to win there.Not enough for him to abandon his fanbase again
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,746

Post#157 » by G35 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:30 pm

axeman23 wrote:
G35 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:tell sheridan to name the source or stfu

Wouldn't it be more practical if Lebron himself refuted the statement. Until Lebron says he will or won't stay the speculation is relevant.....

So 1 reporter (Sheridan) is enough to give credence to the "speculation", but 1 reporter (Vardon) with tangible ties to the city/team is not enough to refute it? Sounds logical...

You must not have heard of this new thing called "social media" where any reporter/hack can post whatever they want. Now if you think Chris Sheridan doesn't merit any attention it will die a quick death. But if its getting attention on a national level then its on Lebron to say something or else reporters are going to keep speculating......
I'm so tired of the typical......
chrispak98
Sophomore
And1: 128

Post#158 » by chrispak98 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:38 pm

ESPN_Skip wrote:this is what lebron does.. passive aggressiveness BS

makes you sign larry hughes, antwan jamison, ben wallace, shaq, (wanted amare)... the team signs them and then has no cap room to get better...and lebron dips

same thing in miami...heat traded two 1st rounds picks so they can do a sign and trade and get lebron for more than 4 years... than lebron dips after 4 years anyway.

cavs 2.0 tristan, JR, shump, korver... all bad contracts.. all done to appease the king.... now they cant get more help and guess what lebron is going to do? cavs had the highest payroll in nba history last year.

dude needs 60% of the starting lineup to be all-stars and a bench filled with former all-star role players... this is just to get out of the east.

Your hate for LeBron is oozing out of you
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#159 » by Stillwater » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:40 pm

G35 wrote:
axeman23 wrote:
G35 wrote:

Wouldn't it be more practical if Lebron himself refuted the statement. Until Lebron says he will or won't stay the speculation is relevant.....

So 1 reporter (Sheridan) is enough to give credence to the "speculation", but 1 reporter (Vardon) with tangible ties to the city/team is not enough to refute it? Sounds logical...

You must not have heard of this new thing called "social media" where any reporter/hack can post whatever they want. Now if you think Chris Sheridan doesn't merit any attention it will die a quick death. But if its getting attention on a national level then its on Lebron to say something......

Lebron doesn't care, his people already refuted it to Joe Vardon.
There is too much of this garbage surrounding him in the past for him to answer to every speculation.
+ he has likely not made a decision, so why refute it? maybe he will leave, and saying he won't and then leaving would be worse
than just leaving.
Not too mention his unwillingness to commit beyond this season retains his leverage with the Cavs ownership to not get lazy,thinking they can just go with the same line up against GSW without doing something,anything even if it is as small as adding Wade after a buyout instead of signing Pointer or White from summer league, to try to keep Lebron happy & on board after this season.
+ the KI request could be completely ignored if Lebron commits to staying now, as well.
When it could be the Cavs best chance to beat GSW by replacing KI with a better defensive presence in the back court and a blue chip young player (not necessarily a rookie)that contributes right away and also keeps Lebron happy. As opposed to a centerpiece rookie who is not ready to compete and only helps the Cavs post Lebron departure.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,885

Post#160 » by BlazersBroncos » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:41 pm

I really think it would be more suprising if LBJ stayed than if he left, and have thought this since he went back to CLE.

The perfect storm hit for Lebron to return to CLE real quick, win a chip, get redemption from the large amount of fans that hated him, add some hometown mystique to his legacy and then bounce back to a big market.

And that's whats going to happen. He accomplished what he set out to do in Cleveland. Now he will move on. Ownership rift or not, he isn't going to stay. And I am not saying any of this will malice towards Cleveland fans or anything, I just think its the way the cookie will crumble.

Return to The General Board