What Would be the Basketball's Version of McGregor vs Mayweather?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,260

Re: What Would be the Basketball's Version of McGregor vs Mayweather? 

Post#61 » by Tracymcgoaty » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:17 pm

pcbothwel wrote:
Veyron wrote:Nothing like that circus of two clowns fighting from different sports. Dumbest things sport ever seen and will be watched by retards only.

Im going to laugh so hard when McGregor completely trounces Mayweather and Max Kellerman's head explodes.
People act like Conor is some free swinging gorilla with great power, but no real skill.
His power and speed are very good, but not generationally great... Its his timing, movement, efficiency, and spatial awareness that make him great.
It would be like someone saying Lebron is great because of his size and jumping ability. But then completely ignored his speed, IQ, and vision

i guess we'll ignore the absolute total difference between an octagon and a ring. the difference between boxing and MMA is worlds apart.

Watch Toney against Couture when Toney went to the MMA, fight didnt even last 2 min

you give all these high praises to connor but where is the praise for floyd? the guy is the best defensive boxer the world has ever seen and probably in the discussion for being the best boxer ever. it ain't like he is meeting some chump of the block...
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,102

Post#62 » by Lalouie » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:19 pm

Maya Moore vs a 50 yr old nate robinson
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#63 » by kamaze » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:41 am

Warriors (the best that ever did it statistically) against the Nix (great fanbase that pretends the team is good).
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
Bankai
RealGM
And1: 26,487

Post#64 » by Bankai » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:42 am

Jordan's Bulls or Durant's Warriors (Mayweather) vs Marbury's Beijing Ducks (McGregor).
axeman23
Analyst
And1: 3,107

Post#65 » by axeman23 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:09 am

ropjhk wrote:Jordan vs Lavar Ball

Greatest of all time who was thought to be done with his sport comes back for a one time engagement against an opponent who loves to run his mouth.

But when was McGreggor thought to be "done with his sport"? I'm assuming after this one time engagement he'll continue on with UFC... :lol:
axeman23
Analyst

Post#66 » by axeman23 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:12 am

MeestR wrote:the Suns Gorilla facing Nate Robinson in a dunk contest.

Might NEED the full 10 rounds for Nate to get a dunk that counts, though. SO, Nate by Decision, or Gorilla by TKO? :lol:
axeman23
Analyst

Post#67 » by axeman23 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:17 am

Lana Del Rey wrote:
mtron929 wrote:My vote: #1 men's high school basketball team vs WNBA championship team (pay per view)

That would be essentially a high-school practice, but with women instead of pylons.

Damn you, I nearly spat my coffee all over my keyboard reading that! :rofl2:
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,103
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#68 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:32 am

LeBron James Vs. 40 year old Steph Curry in a 3 point shootout.

In an actual game (fight) LeBron(Conor) would dominate him, but in a specialized match that incorporates one part of the game Steph(Floyd) is going to probably run away with it, unless the 2 years off, and taking it lightly has withered his skill away a lot more than people are thinking it has.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,102

Post#69 » by Lalouie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:52 am

In any boys vs WNBA game there has to be one incentive... The winner gets $2000 per point margin,,, because I think at some point the boys will play lazily and make the game closer than it should be
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#70 » by euroleague » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:06 am

malice at the palace, where ron artest sucker punches mayweather instead of some random fan, then they fight.

lavar ball joins the nba for the cavs.
MJ comes out of retirement, and joins the warriors to ringchase in order to top robert horry/Bill Russell.

MJ/Lavar sub in at SF and go mano-a-mano in the NBA Finals in garbage time after most of the fans already left.
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,278

Post#71 » by RSCD3_ » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:10 am

When conor turns mayweather into dust, we'll see more fair comparisons.
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life
RSCD3_
RealGM
And1: 7,278

Post#72 » by RSCD3_ » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:12 am

euroleague wrote:malace at the palace, where ron artest fights mayweather instead of some random fan.

A charging artest would scare me more if I was Mayweather tbh
I came here to do two things: get lost and slice **** up & I'm all out of directions.

Butler removing rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back

Peja Stojakovic wrote:Jimmy butler, with no regard for human life

Return to The General Board