Lebron's Next Team Best Scenarios

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

SF_Warriors
General Manager
And1: 3,794

Re: Lebron's Next Team Best Scenarios 

Post#61 » by SF_Warriors » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:22 am

Cycloneon wrote:
Adam Stern wrote:
DowJones wrote:
Financially that just doesn't work.

In today's NBA I don't think you can make that statement anymore. :lol:

Nah it might literally not work. If Chris Paul wants his $40m a year and Lebron wants at least $35m, along with Melo wanting at least $30m it might be financially impossible lol

Not to mention capela is an expiring contract and his extension would easily be in the 14-18 mill range, gordon makes 13 mill per, and they would probably need to trade anderson's contract as well as both tucker's & gordon's. Anderson's contract is not easy to move at all.

bron, harden, cp3 alone would make at least $80-90mill easily, and that is assuming one or both of lebron and cp3 take pay cuts. Add melo on a 10-15mill veteran superteam discounted contract and we would be talking 4 players making about $100 million which is a conservative number.
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#62 » by RightToCensor » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:42 am

Cycloneon wrote:
Adam Stern wrote:
DowJones wrote:

Nah it might literally not work. If Chris Paul wants his $40m a year and Lebron wants at least $35m, along with Melo wanting at least $30m it might be financially impossible lol

If Chris Paul wanted $40M so bad he would have leveraged for it this summer instead of opting in, earning less, and putting himself in a better position to win and attract good free agents.
NBARocks
Sixth Man
And1: 1,505

Post#63 » by NBARocks » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:16 am

Boston or Milwaukee. If you give Stevens Lebron, he'll definitely win something. And Lebron and Giannis together is just unfair. they can just switch everything esp with Middleton around. These two teams gave GSW the most trouble even without Lebron. their length and ability to switch allow them to defend GSW better than most teams.
gmoney411
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,821

Post#64 » by gmoney411 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:35 am

SF_Warriors wrote:
Cycloneon wrote:
Adam Stern wrote:

Not to mention capela is an expiring contract and his extension would easily be in the 14-18 mill range, gordon makes 13 mill per, and they would probably need to trade anderson's contract as well as both tucker's & gordon's. Anderson's contract is not easy to move at all.

bron, harden, cp3 alone would make at least $80-90mill easily, and that is assuming one or both of lebron and cp3 take pay cuts. Add melo on a 10-15mill veteran superteam discounted contract and we would be talking 4 players making about $100 million which is a conservative number.

Anderson is almost certainly gone if the Rockets get Melo so he wouldn't be factored in.

In order to get LeBron it would likely have to be an opt in type scenario like Paul. Gordon and Tucker are almost for sure gone in that scenario and then they'd still have to get creative to get to the LeBron number. Paul, Harden, LeBron, Melo is very possible though.
Adam Stern
Sixth Man
And1: 1,767

Post#65 » by Adam Stern » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:19 am

Cycloneon wrote:
Adam Stern wrote:
DowJones wrote:

Let's not be obtuse.
Financial concessions are implied.
ProcessDoctor
RealGM
And1: 5,193

Post#66 » by ProcessDoctor » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:26 pm

In order of likelihood:

1. HOU
2. PHI
3. SAS
4. LAL
5. MIL

Houston has his buddy CP3, and they have a free-flowing offense that might appeal to LeBron. I would question if they'd have too many ball-handlers, but if CP3/Harden can show it works then maybe it has a chance. He also might be hesitant to go West.

LeBron and Simmons seem to be very close, and Embiid will definitely recruit LeBron when the time comes. From a sixers fan perspective, I would hope they keep Fultz, but if they can get a top 10 guard in exchange for him then I might be on board. Fultz might be the best fit though, and he's on a rookie contract.

I think San Antonio would give him the best chance at a championship, but I don't know if the situation would appeal to LeBron. They run a tight ship from the FO down, so I don't know if it's LeBron's thing really. LeBron and Kawhi would be insane though. I would love to see LeBron play with the GOAT coach to try and take down GSW. Would be epic.

I think the LAL scenario is unrealistic if Bron wants to win a championship, but that's just me. He'd have to recruit both WB and PG13 to have any chance at beating GS there.

From a basketball perspective, MIL would be higher on the list, but I can't see him going there because He has no ties to the city or team. My guess is he'd probably choose Philly over them due to the market/Simmons/Embiid if he wanted to stay East.
2023-2024 Philadelphia 76ers:

Lowry/Melton/Payne
Maxey/Hield/Downtin
Oubre/Batum/Council
Harris/Covington/Martin
Embiid/Reed/Bamba
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Re: RE: Lebron's Next Team Best Scenarios 

Post#67 » by DoItALL9 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:33 pm

Bobalob wrote:If this has already been done my bad. But what are the best case scenarios for Lebron to ever win a ring again?

The 1 that popped in my head is to the Spurs

SA would need to trade Aldridge if he opts in, Parker and Ginobli would have to retire, and they'd probably have to trade Rudy Gay. All reasonable. That would free up space for 2 max or near max contracts (I'd rather have Boogie or PG than CP3's old ass)

Patty Mills/Dejounte Murray waiting in the wings/TP on a 'i love Pop' league minimum deal
Danny Green
Kwahi/ K. Anderson
Lebron
Boogie/Gasol (For those that dont think Boogie is a 'Spurs player', Pop loves Boogie)

Team would be fleshed out with any number of vets taking David West type deals

Kwahi would be the perfect player for Lebron to hand over the reigns so to speak, and would afford him the luxury of playing the 4 and not guarding KD (or chasing Klay) going forward.

Add on...

I think Cousins and Pop would get along. Cousins wants to be coached from a no- nonsense guy. For Cousins to be his best imo, The coach will have to demand respect at all times. Pop does\would.
DoItALL9
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,272

Re: RE: Re: Lebron's Next Team Best Scenarios 

Post#68 » by DoItALL9 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 12:39 pm

Froob wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:Boston Celtics and I don't think it's close.

They already have 2 other all-stars to team up with James. Plus,

They also have the assets to not only acquire LeBron but also acquire a 4th and/or 5th star to go along with IT, Hayward and LeBron. That's the depth of their treasure chest. Additionally, Boston is the most successful franchise in history, they play in the East, and it will be easy to attract veteran FA's to round out the roster.

They have great management, great coach, great fan base.

I think if the Cavs and Boston wanted to put together a James trade, Boston could make the other moves required to have a team strong enough to dethrone the Warriors as soon as next season.

I'm in the James to Boston camp, even as a Raptors fan.

Cap wise it's not really possible unless Cleveland is willing to help make it happen. But, it would be hella fun. Guess we'd send Horford away to S&T to make it happen?

Or maybe a sign and trade for IT4?
SkyHookFTW
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,097

Post#69 » by SkyHookFTW » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:27 pm

The Sixers are an interesting team for this. Imagine Embiid healthy and Fultz/Simmons show that they are what everyone thinks they are. They have two excellent glue guys in RoCo and Saric, a good shooting vet in Reddick, and a back of the bench that is quite strong, with Holmes, TLC, Okafor, Johnson, Sauce, and T.J. McConnell. They show that they can compete by getting the 6th seed despite their inexperience and youth. Now they have a year of playoff experience, three budding stars with high ceilings, solid experienced vets, and a fan base that would worship them right to the Rocky statue. Add LeBron and you have a mix and match team that can play big or small if you choose.

PG: Simmons, T.J., Fultz
SG: Fultz, Reddick, Sauce, TLC
Forward: I'm not breaking this into SF/PF because with LeBron and RoCo can play either position. You could have a rotation of LeBron, RoCo, Saric, and Johnson in various configurations. Now toss Simmons in that mix if you want Fultz to play PG and Reddick SG sometimes. The versatility is tremendous with a great mix of vets and young players.
C: Embiid, Holmes, Okafor

What has to go right is Embiid's health and the growth of the young stars for this year. If that happens, LeBron might see Philly as the place to be next year. You could have the best two-way big in the game with perhaps the deepest forward rotation in the league. Has LeBron ever played with a potential two-way elite center? Or another big who looks like he has the same passing skills as himself? If LeBron needs a rest Philly won't be tossing out a scrub from the bench anymore--they have quality depth.
"It's scarier than Charles Barkley at an all you can eat buffet." --Shaq on Shark Week
"My secret to getting rebounds? It's called go get the damn ball." --Charles Barkley
Baller1234a
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,714

Re: RE: Re: Lebron's Next Team Best Scenarios 

Post#70 » by Baller1234a » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:30 pm

DoItALL9 wrote:
Froob wrote:
RoyceDa59 wrote:Boston Celtics and I don't think it's close.

They already have 2 other all-stars to team up with James. Plus,

They also have the assets to not only acquire LeBron but also acquire a 4th and/or 5th star to go along with IT, Hayward and LeBron. That's the depth of their treasure chest. Additionally, Boston is the most successful franchise in history, they play in the East, and it will be easy to attract veteran FA's to round out the roster.

They have great management, great coach, great fan base.

I think if the Cavs and Boston wanted to put together a James trade, Boston could make the other moves required to have a team strong enough to dethrone the Warriors as soon as next season.

I'm in the James to Boston camp, even as a Raptors fan.

Cap wise it's not really possible unless Cleveland is willing to help make it happen. But, it would be hella fun. Guess we'd send Horford away to S&T to make it happen?

Or maybe a sign and trade for IT4?

James/Brown/Hayward/Tatum/Horford
Smart/Rozier/Crowder/Morris/Zizic

Can put either Morris/Crowder/Smart in the starting lineup and either use the picks to get proven talent or draft talent
Bet with Stillwater Celtics will finish 6th or higher in ECF Standings Regular Season(17-18). [WON]
giordunk
Analyst
And1: 493

Post#71 » by giordunk » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:03 pm

all these scenarios are crazy and I'd probably lose my **** if any of these happened.
i like peanuts
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,727

Post#72 » by DowJones » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:14 pm

gmoney411 wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:
Cycloneon wrote:

Anderson is almost certainly gone if the Rockets get Melo so he wouldn't be factored in.

In order to get LeBron it would likely have to be an opt in type scenario like Paul. Gordon and Tucker are almost for sure gone in that scenario and then they'd still have to get creative to get to the LeBron number. Paul, Harden, LeBron, Melo is very possible though.

That would require Cleveland to trade LeBron. That would require Houston to trade a ton of future assets....think 2 unprotected 1st round picks in 2020 and 2022 and a pick swap or 2. Cleveland won't willingly trade LBJ and they won't do it for a late first either. Would Houston be willing to pay that much to get LBJ?
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,516

Post#73 » by 76ciology » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:55 pm

Colangelo Mafia
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
gmoney411
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,821

Post#74 » by gmoney411 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:50 pm

DowJones wrote:
gmoney411 wrote:
SF_Warriors wrote:

That would require Cleveland to trade LeBron. That would require Houston to trade a ton of future assets....think 2 unprotected 1st round picks in 2020 and 2022 and a pick swap or 2. Cleveland won't willingly trade LBJ and they won't do it for a late first either. Would Houston be willing to pay that much to get LBJ?

Houston wouldn't blink an eye. They have Harden locked up for 6 years. Their picks won't be any good minus a serious injury to him.
Unbreakable99
General Manager
And1: 3,993

Post#75 » by Unbreakable99 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:01 pm

I think LeBron goes to the Lakers and takes Paul George with him but if it's just LeBron added to a current team and no one else added with him I think the team that gives him the best chance at a title are the Sixers. The Sixers have the cap room and the talented players to play with.
Guest202
Sixth Man
And1: 1,245

Post#76 » by Guest202 » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:03 pm

shmeakone wrote:The most exciting option would be the Knicks regardless of who the other players are.

LeBron to LA is a false flag to set up a "shocking" LeBron to Knicks. #1 market, plus low expectations and he'll coast to the Finals. LeBron, Porzingis and Cp3?
Read on Twitter
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#77 » by KidPistol » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:44 am

I want to see LeBriannis.

Please go to the bucks.:
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
Kurosawa0
Analyst
And1: 3,276

Post#78 » by Kurosawa0 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:07 am

If Cleveland wasn't such a dumpster fire with Dan Gilbert I'd say he should stay even if Kyrie is traded. Finishing his career in Cleveland would have a boost to his legacy even if they never win another title. That said, I can't blame LeBron if he wants to bolt and not be around one of the worst owners and people in the league.

I think people are probably underrating Houston. The math seems tough, but I wouldn't be surprised to see LeBron pull a banana boat + Harden. The two moves LeBron made in 2010 and 2014 shows he thinks big. Imagine something like:

Chris Paul
James Harden
LeBron James
Carmelo Anthony
Clint Capela

Then you bring Wade off the bench with Nene and some other minimum guys. Houston probably has to dump Gordon and Ariza, but those are good players. Some team would take them for nothing. Sounds crazy, but LeBron has said he'd take less for the banana boat crew to happen. It's honestly a better option than the Lakers.

Just something to think about.
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,066

Post#79 » by Lalouie » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:15 am

Bobalob wrote:
Kwahi would be the perfect player for Lebron to hand over the reigns so to speak, and would afford him the luxury of playing the 4 and not guarding KD (or chasing Klay) going forward.

Add on...

LeBron would never ever give up his throne. That's why there's certain teams he can't play with
DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,727

Post#80 » by DowJones » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:15 am

Kurosawa0 wrote:If Cleveland wasn't such a dumpster fire with Dan Gilbert I'd say he should stay even if Kyrie is traded. Finishing his career in Cleveland would have a boost to his legacy even if they never win another title. That said, I can't blame LeBron if he wants to bolt and not be around one of the worst owners and people in the league.

I think people are probably underrating Houston. The math seems tough, but I wouldn't be surprised to see LeBron pull a banana boat + Harden. The two moves LeBron made in 2010 and 2014 shows he thinks big. Imagine something like:

Chris Paul
James Harden
LeBron James
Carmelo Anthony
Clint Capela

Then you bring Wade off the bench with Nene and some other minimum guys. Houston probably has to dump Gordon and Ariza, but those are good players. Some team would take them for nothing. Sounds crazy, but LeBron has said he'd take less for the banana boat crew to happen. It's honestly a better option than the Lakers.

Just something to think about.

The only way this works financially is if LeBron takes the MLE.

Return to The General Board