Eurobasket 2017 SLOVENIA takes the gold

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

a-French-Fan
Senior
And1: 304

Re: Eurobasket 2017 

Post#61 » by a-French-Fan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:35 pm

baldur wrote:what kind of organization is this? one group is in finland, another is in israel. Do they even know where these countries are located and how far from each other? to give the sense of an event, it would be better to be held in one country or lets say in two neighbour countries. anyway apart from that, as a turkish, this is by far the worst squad of ours i have ever seen in a championship.

It was to end empty stadiums. Usually people only went ans saw their national team playing home.So that was the idea to create a Eurobasket in 4 countries? Moreover each country hosting a group could invite a country. As a sample, after a lot or fans from Finland presents at WC 2014, France invited Finland. So games of France and Finland were sold out. It was the same stuff with Turkey and Germany. With a such important Turkish community in Germany, they (german organization) were sure to sell out 9 games. With this organization, you may sell tickets for 60% of games of the first round instead 5 games of thé local team (<10% 1st round games).
Frank Ntilikina is a play-off player, but he goes to the Hornets.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Ntilikina - Malédon - Hayes
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
Embiid- Poirier - Lessort [without Embiid: Fall]
maRioGrande
Sophomore
And1: 165

Post#62 » by maRioGrande » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:58 pm

Alatan wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
Alatan wrote:
I dont agree with Dario being better than De Colo even as he isn't some great player. I dont know what you people see in Dario... Bojan Bogdanovic is clearly the best player on the Croatia NT and apart from shooting he doesnt have much going for him.

I disagree. Even tho Bojan has the scoring numbers, its Dario who carries that team on both ends. Take Dario out, and that team is hot air.

Not the impression i have but maybe im wrong.

If you will follow Croatia on Eurobasket, then I'm sure you'll see that Dario is the true leader of the team.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,534

Post#63 » by Alatan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:03 pm

maRioGrande wrote:
Alatan wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:
I disagree. Even tho Bojan has the scoring numbers, its Dario who carries that team on both ends. Take Dario out, and that team is hot air.

Not the impression i have but maybe im wrong.

If you will follow Croatia on Eurobasket, then I'm sure you'll see that Dario is the true leader of the team.

Well in the games i watched in the Olympic's the only player that made a big impact was Bogdanovic. The rest did give a lot of hustle but didnt really strike me as impactful players. Maybe he is the leader through charisma or whatnot but as a player he has a lot more to improve.
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#64 » by TheTrooper » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:36 pm

Alatan wrote:
maRioGrande wrote:
Alatan wrote:Not the impression i have but maybe im wrong.

Well in the games i watched in the Olympic's the only player that made a big impact was Bogdanovic. The rest did give a lot of hustle but didnt really strike me as impactful players. Maybe he is the leader through charisma or whatnot but as a player he has a lot more to improve.

He was Croatia's second scorer behind Bogdanovic ( 20th overall ), best rebounder ( 6th overall ), best shot blocker and 3rd in assists and steals.
Bogdanovic is the best scorer, but this is Dario's team.
maRioGrande
Sophomore
And1: 165

Post#65 » by maRioGrande » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 pm

Alatan wrote:
maRioGrande wrote:

I agree Bojan was the best player last year, he had terrific tournament, but even then Dario was right behind him. Both played approx 38mpg, only Bojan was resting on defense unlike Dario who was great on that end.

I don't expect Bojan to have same numbers this year and Dario is much better player after year in the NBA. He will be go-to-guy in decisive moments.
Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,683

Post#66 » by Johnny Firpo » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:55 pm

Can't wait to see Doncic and KP. Too bad Jokic and Giannis are going to miss it.
Acountant_Z
Junior
And1: 169

Post#67 » by Acountant_Z » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:06 pm

Alatan wrote:
maRioGrande wrote:

People do not get just how good Saric is. That boy will be an all-star one day, He is that good. His talent is sort of wasted on the Sixers. Bogdanovic is a nice player but he is nowhere near Saric all around.
MC3
RealGM
And1: 7,747

Post#68 » by MC3 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:08 pm

Saric is a leader. Bogdanovic is just a scorer. And it's not like Saric isnt good scorer. He just doesnt need to be first option and guy who puts 20 every night, when he has someone else to do it.
Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,477

Post#69 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:31 pm

maRioGrande wrote:Wouldn't call it a joke, but he is better than De Colo, should be at number 4.

De Colo is awful on defense, and he's a choker, but I prefer him to Dario also.
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#70 » by SlowPaced » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:24 pm

May not even bother to watch Turkey's games this time around. They could defend to a certain degree, but holy hell is that roster devoid of creativity.
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,534

Post#71 » by Alatan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:45 pm

This tournament is a shell of it self. Every team missing 3-4 important players. It should be renamed to Eurobench 2017.
a-French-Fan
Senior

Post#72 » by a-French-Fan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:45 am

Mirotic12 wrote:
maRioGrande wrote:Wouldn't call it a joke, but he is better than De Colo, should be at number 4.

De Colo is awful on defense, and he's a choker, but I prefer him to Dario also.

And De Colo is clutch. He could be MVP 2 years ago without bad choices by Collet deciding to keep Parker as leader during money time versus Spain....During 7 games De Colo took the lead, was dominant but at the end it was Parker 's team.

Believe me, France will be exciting. No Parker now, but a réal big three (De Colo, the underrated Heurtel ans Fournier) and Diot and Jackson able to score.

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
burek3
Pro Prospect
And1: 538

Post#73 » by burek3 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:37 am

Yes, but interestingly they tend to slip into unwarranted blackouts during games. I was watching their last prep game the other day, against Germany. They lead by 14, and just like that, eaten up 9-0 scoring run, scored one, and again Germany pulled right in.

A good team should never let a beaten team come right back into the game. Granted, they still won, but yeah, inconsistent. Maybe just prep game mentality, who knows, we shall see...
"Holy f**k" :o
- DeAndre Jordan
a-French-Fan
Senior

Post#74 » by a-French-Fan » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:23 am

burek3 wrote:Yes, but interestingly they tend to slip into unwarranted blackouts during games. I was watching their last prep game the other day, against Germany. They lead by 14, and just like that, eaten up 9-0 scoring run, scored one, and again Germany pulled right in.

A good team should never let a beaten team come right back into the game. Granted, they still won, but yeah, inconsistent. Maybe just prep game mentality, who knows, we shall see...

There is no defense this year, and the big three did not play a lot during second half against Germany. But if was safe fort thé end: each possession started with Fournier to create fort him or others.

For 1st round I only fear Finland because there will be no defense and it gonna look a shoot countest :p

Paris 2024 (Starters):
Coulibaly - De Colo
TLC - Rupert or Risacher
Wembanyama- Yabusele
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,029

Post#75 » by SimonFish » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:49 am

does Anthony Randolph has Slovenian descent? I don't understand how he could get the Slovenian nationality (he has never played in the Slovenian league).
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,616

Post#76 » by UcanUwill » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:57 am

When I put Dario at #5, I knew it will be questioned, but didn't expect so many people to agree with me that Dario>Bojan,
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,029

Post#77 » by SimonFish » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:02 am

OP: here is the complete squads from wiki

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EuroBasket_2017_squads
Side beard
Analyst
And1: 2,297

Post#78 » by Side beard » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:11 am

Alatan wrote:This tournament is a shell of it self. Every team missing 3-4 important players. It should be renamed to Eurobench 2017.

And who's fault is it?
jptremblay
Rookie
And1: 1,215

Post#79 » by jptremblay » Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:23 am

SimonFish wrote:does Anthony Randolph has Slovenian descent? I don't understand how he could get the Slovenian nationality (he has never played in the Slovenian league).

Nope, but he has Slovenian money, which seems to work better.
When this account gets more "And1"s than posts written ...then my life will be complete. And maybe it will be the right time to hang it up. (Achieved on 2017-2018 season)...but still here.
JohnWillow
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,702

Post#80 » by JohnWillow » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:51 am

Doncic live stream.

Celtics fan. :crazy:
We also face the Kings twice in the near future. I think it's time Yabu pays back some of that free money he's been given his entire career and bounces Fox for a nice 2 week ankle sprain.

Return to The General Board