Lakers sign Andrew Bogut to 1 Year Deal

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,700

Re: Lakers sign Andrew Bogut to 1 Year Deal 

Post#41 » by whatisacenter » Tue Sep 19, 2017 6:00 am

No downside as far as the Lakers are concerned even if/when he gets injured. When healthy, Bogut is one of the best interior defensive centers and you can run some offense through him in the high post. The Lakers/Warriors games should be fun this year with Luke and Bogut in LA, Daddy Ball talking trash and the Steph/Lonzo matchup.
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#42 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:07 am

The Laker Kid wrote:I live in LA and I didn't know we have a hockey team

sorry i don't buy that. Especially after the Kings won two Stanley Cups and were a constant topic on sports radio for nearly two months during their runs each time with the Lakers being so bad. Not to mention if you ever went to the Staples Center, you'd automatically know who the Kings were.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,046

Post#43 » by shangrila » Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:08 am

getitdone323 wrote:
pootbrah wrote:
PockyCandy wrote:I would be more excited about this signing if Bogut didn't make Joel Embiid look like the NBA's version of Brett Favre.

I dont know who Brett Favre is but I know Embiid was the best player on the court when ever he stepped foot on it last season so what ever that comparision is stop it. Fingers crossed to a healthy season from Bogut. Lakers frontcourt is looking very strong.

Please tell me that was suppose to be green font?

Not everyone follows the NFL or american sports in general. I personally wouldn't have known about the guy if he hadn't played in Minnesota and thus popped up in Min sports news.
udfa
Starter
And1: 2,821

Post#44 » by udfa » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:24 am

If Bogut is close to his form from two years ago, this is a really nice pickup for the Lakers. If he looks like last year (during the rare moments he was actually on the court) they would be better off not having him at all.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#45 » by PKABOOICU » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:19 am

Something big stewing in LA.
Side beard
Analyst
And1: 2,297

Post#46 » by Side beard » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:44 am

getitdone323 wrote:
SimonFish wrote:this is an NBA forum. why are people surprised that somebody doesn't know who the **** Brett Favre is? LMAO.

to me its like finding out that someone who only watches european soccer and rugby not knowing who michael jordan is

(not comparing farve to MJ goat wise, for all the people who know who brett farve is)

Like anyone in europe gives a damn about american football.
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#47 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:06 am

Dr Aki wrote:
DoItALL9 wrote:It'd be something if they later use him to unload Deng

Sent from my LG-H872 using RealGM mobile app

moreso clarkson

what contender is going to want to take on Deng?? even if bogut was the prize?

a clarkson and bogut combo for an expiring makes sense for a few playoff teams

Clarkson, Brewer, and Bogut for the expiring contract of Tony Parker + filler.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,414

Post#48 » by Slava » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:19 am

Side beard wrote:
getitdone323 wrote:
SimonFish wrote:this is an NBA forum. why are people surprised that somebody doesn't know who the **** Brett Favre is? LMAO.

to me its like finding out that someone who only watches european soccer and rugby not knowing who michael jordan is

(not comparing farve to MJ goat wise, for all the people who know who brett farve is)

I've seen Patriots/Broncos jerseys in Copenhagen and Stockholm on Sunday nights at bars showing NFL games. Its even bigger in places like London with a heavy expat population.

Saying no one cares about NFL in Europe is really inaccurate.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,180

Post#49 » by Bologna Smasher » Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:38 am

I thought the Lakers liked their rookie Thomas Bryant? This makes him the fourth string center.
michaelm
RealGM
And1: 4,769

Post#50 » by michaelm » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:16 am

Slava wrote:
Side beard wrote:
getitdone323 wrote:

I've seen Patriots/Broncos jerseys in Copenhagen and Stockholm on Sunday nights at bars showing NFL games. Its even bigger in places like London with a heavy expat population.

Expecting everyone in Europe to care is equally inaccurate however.
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#51 » by TheTrooper » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:23 am

Slava wrote:
Side beard wrote:
getitdone323 wrote:

Well out of 700+ million people in Europe you might find a 3-4 million people that know something about the NFL or are fans.Rest 696+ million cannot name more than 1-2 players. Most people could not even name a single player.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,115

Post#52 » by Dr Aki » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:28 am

basketball probably isn't even the #2 sport in the world, let alone gridiron

gridiron probably doesn't even crack the top 10

cricket is the #2 sport in the world if anyone is wondering
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#53 » by SlowPaced » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:37 am

getitdone323 wrote:to me its like finding out that someone who only watches european soccer and rugby not knowing who michael jordan is

Nope, bad example. Basketball is popular worldwide. Whereas only North Americans give a **** about American football.

Slava wrote:I've seen Patriots/Broncos jerseys in Copenhagen and Stockholm on Sunday nights at bars showing NFL games. Its even bigger in places like London with a heavy expat population.

Nobody is suggesting that literally no one cares. Percentage wise, it's true, only a very small group of people outside of North America actually know about American football.
NBAfan3024
RealGM
And1: 7,035

Post#54 » by NBAfan3024 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:46 am

Wonder why bogut would sign there...would of thought he wanted to be on a contender
Green89
RealGM
And1: 26,606

Post#55 » by Green89 » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:55 am

He's probably there for the LA lifestyle.

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,414

Post#56 » by Slava » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:57 am

SlowPaced wrote:
getitdone323 wrote:to me its like finding out that someone who only watches european soccer and rugby not knowing who michael jordan is

Nope, bad example. Basketball is popular worldwide. Whereas only North Americans give a **** about American football.

Slava wrote:I've seen Patriots/Broncos jerseys in Copenhagen and Stockholm on Sunday nights at bars showing NFL games. Its even bigger in places like London with a heavy expat population.

Nobody is suggesting that literally no one cares. Percentage wise, it's true, only a very small group of people outside of North America actually know about American football.

My first year living in Europe, I was pretty surprised by how popular American pop-culture is around here. They even sell discounted stuff in supermarkets and some pizza chains for superbowl weekend.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,442

Post#57 » by Jables » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:09 pm

Dr Aki wrote:basketball probably isn't even the #2 sport in the world, let alone gridiron

gridiron probably doesn't even crack the top 10

cricket is the #2 sport in the world if anyone is wondering

Let's be real though, 'the world' means mainly 99% India when it comes to Cricket. The freaking West Indies, a Caribbean team up, used to have a dominant cricket team. It is not a number 1 sport in Australia (Aussie Rules), England (Soccer) or New Zealand (Rugby Union) where it also has decent presence, it is number 1 mostly in tiny commonwealth countries. And India. Basketball definitely has a more varied and widespread presence.
Gridiron is definitely top 10 when it comes to popularity, much like basketball the majority of overseas fans just have no interest in any kind of local team. There are superbowl parties all over the place in Australia when it's on, and I see NFL gear all the time in the cities.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,238

Post#58 » by John Murdoch » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Guess he figured he's got his ring he can afford to kick back in LA and rehab idk . Lopez/Bogut should be good vets for Zubac and T.Bryant at the very least but this is still a 30 win team max
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,980

Post#59 » by Froob » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:18 pm

Lakers finally get their guy.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,045

Post#60 » by The-Power » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:19 pm

SlowPaced wrote:Nope, bad example. Basketball is popular worldwide. Whereas only North Americans give a **** about American football.

Where I'm from (though this might not apply to the entire country) my contemporaries (mid 20's) care more about the NFL than the NBA. Especially over the past few years interested in the NFL has risen greatly. Games being publicly broadcasted now and more favorable kick-off times certainly helped this recent development.

Return to The General Board