Carmelo has expanded his list of teams

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Smitson
Starter
And1: 2,945

Re: Carmelo has expanded his list of teams 

Post#101 » by Smitson » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:33 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:IF, and that's a big IF Cavs could pull of Melo for like TT, Frye or Shump, and non BKN 1st rd pick.

I wonder if Cavs would then strongly consider an all out attempt to add another star like Cousins with that Bkn first and either Shump or Frye and someone like Osman etc. I feel like if we get Melo then we should just go all out for this season.

TT and Shump is the best package the Knicks can hope for at this point. Shumps contract is surely a negative, but hardly an albatross.
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#102 » by afarmenian » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:41 pm

Does TT have any value? His contract was seen as an overpay but he is a solid glue guy and only 26.
ShowYaLuv25
Junior
And1: 525

Post#103 » by ShowYaLuv25 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:01 pm

Melo to the Thunder for Kanter, Mcdermott, and a 2nd rounder..you heard it here first
Agnostifarian wrote:I am going on record here that, IMO, Noah Vonleh will be a five+ year all-star and be one of the top 5 PFs in the league for that stretch and possibly longer.
ShowYaLuv25
Junior
And1: 525

Post#104 » by ShowYaLuv25 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:03 pm

Woj and Shams coming in 1 minute late to try and steal my shine smh
Agnostifarian wrote:I am going on record here that, IMO, Noah Vonleh will be a five+ year all-star and be one of the top 5 PFs in the league for that stretch and possibly longer.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#105 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:09 pm

Well, another talent goes from East to West lol.
DK-All Day
General Manager
And1: 8,331

Post#106 » by DK-All Day » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:13 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:Well, another talent goes from East to West lol.

The NBA should abolish East vs West in the All Star game. Just have a captain pick the teams.
Handsome.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#107 » by Dupp » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:55 pm

gflem wrote:
MovieMuscle wrote:
Dupp wrote:

With IT destroying klay and curry killing IT like he did Kyrie?

IT is way quicker and better at getting to the bucket than Kyrie. Klays to big.

lol You Cavs fans quickly forget. Watch the 2016 Finals again. IT won't be doing all of that; I guarantee you. And he won't be able to guard Curry like Kyrie did even if he tried. And if he can't guard Curry, which big man is he going to guard??

One of the things that bothers me about the GB, one fan offers his opinion and the entire fanbase gets called out. Most of us are in agreement that IT isn't really going to help against the W's. While Kyrie wasn't interested in playing D most of the time, he is still much better against Klay or Curry just due to his being 6 inches taller than IT. That makes a huge difference against Shooters like curry and Klay and most of us Cavs fans are aware of that fact.

This is complete nonsense some of you guys are repeating. It is impossible to play worse defense than Kyrie did tho past finals. His 6 inches didn't mean ****. He was strolling around leaving guys open or drive right past him or running round like a headless chook leaving Steph and okay wide open.

Not sure what you guys think you saw but point guard defense is not getting worse than what we just witnessed in the finals.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#108 » by gflem » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:25 pm

Dupp wrote:
gflem wrote:
MovieMuscle wrote:
lol You Cavs fans quickly forget. Watch the 2016 Finals again. IT won't be doing all of that; I guarantee you. And he won't be able to guard Curry like Kyrie did even if he tried. And if he can't guard Curry, which big man is he going to guard??

One of the things that bothers me about the GB, one fan offers his opinion and the entire fanbase gets called out. Most of us are in agreement that IT isn't really going to help against the W's. While Kyrie wasn't interested in playing D most of the time, he is still much better against Klay or Curry just due to his being 6 inches taller than IT. That makes a huge difference against Shooters like curry and Klay and most of us Cavs fans are aware of that fact.

This is complete nonsense some of you guys are repeating. It is impossible to play worse defense than Kyrie did tho past finals. His 6 inches didn't mean ****. He was strolling around leaving guys open or drive right past him or running round like a headless chook leaving Steph and okay wide open.

Not sure what you guys think you saw but point guard defense is not getting worse than what we just witnessed in the finals.

I guess I could have said help defensively against GS. However, if you have ever played the game it is much harder to shoot over someone that is 6'3" than 5'8". That is not nonsense, it is just fact. And, Kyrie did at times attempt to play defense.
The point is moot though, Kyrie is gone and IT is here and Melo isn't going to be here which makes me happy. I will have to take a trip to the Knick board to see how they react to the pile of junk they just got for him. Should be a good read.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#109 » by Dupp » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:30 pm

gflem wrote:
Dupp wrote:
gflem wrote:One of the things that bothers me about the GB, one fan offers his opinion and the entire fanbase gets called out. Most of us are in agreement that IT isn't really going to help against the W's. While Kyrie wasn't interested in playing D most of the time, he is still much better against Klay or Curry just due to his being 6 inches taller than IT. That makes a huge difference against Shooters like curry and Klay and most of us Cavs fans are aware of that fact.

I guess I could have said help defensively against GS. However, if you have ever played the game it is much harder to shoot over someone that is 6'3" than 5'8". That is not nonsense, it is just fact. And, Kyrie did at times attempt to play defense.
The point is moot though, Kyrie is gone and IT is here and Melo isn't going to be here which makes me happy. I will have to take a trip to the Knick board to see how they react to the pile of junk they just got for him. Should be a good read.

No he did not attempt to play any defense last finals. He was as bad as humanly possible.
richboy
RealGM
And1: 2,486

Post#110 » by richboy » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:32 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
richboy wrote:If he has added a third team I'm betting on OKC Thunder. Him and Melo are on the Jordan Brand. OKC is not that far from Houston.

The only other team I could see him going is Washington. Can't imagine what they could offer.

Not saying you're wrong because I see the interest in OKC but Phoenix is also 6 hours away from El Paso...just saying

:D
"Talent is God-given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful." John Wooden
MovieMuscle
Starter
And1: 949

Post#111 » by MovieMuscle » Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:55 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
MovieMuscle wrote:I can't believe Melo continues to be this stupid. He blinked first and gave the Knicks more leverage, perhaps forcing the Rockets to give more players in the trade. Hmm, gutting the depth of a team you're going to. Why does that sound so familiar? What's so hard about waiting it out until Monday morning or something? How has he not learned how this works yet? He blinked last time, and he did it again even though he's come this far...

I don't think there's any chance that the Knicks would've traded Melo for Anderson and a single pick. Not on Monday. Not at the deadline.

It's hard to imagine there wasn't a 3-team deal going on. I mean, are all 30 teams stupid enough to not want RA's spacing/shooting? Plenty of teams have bad contracts with terrible players.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Post#112 » by azcatz11 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:51 am

richboy wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
richboy wrote:If he has added a third team I'm betting on OKC Thunder. Him and Melo are on the Jordan Brand. OKC is not that far from Houston.

The only other team I could see him going is Washington. Can't imagine what they could offer.

Not saying you're wrong because I see the interest in OKC but Phoenix is also 6 hours away from El Paso...just saying

:D

I never said you were wrong! :lol:

Nice one though 8-)
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#113 » by Andre Roberstan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:39 am

magnumt wrote:
magnumt wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:I wonder who the 2nd team is. My guess is the Clippers.

I don't think Melo would play in Portland.

Cavs should trade Thompson, Frye, 1st rounder (not BK) and be done with it.

Might be Portland or OKC. He's been working out with players from both teams all Summer (also with players from the Rockets). :dontknow:

--Mags :beer:

Called it:

Read on Twitter

Andre Roberstan wrote:Please, for the sake of all that is good.

--Mags :beer:

ya boy been calling this since day 1.

Read on Twitter

They've been going after him for years.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#114 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:43 am

Couldn't get first for melo oh well
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#115 » by Ballerhogger » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:44 am

The thunder will have cap issues no? How will they sign PG and Westbrook to long term deals ?
Andre Roberstan
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,623

Post#116 » by Andre Roberstan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:48 am

Ballerhogger wrote:The thunder will have cap issues no? How will they sign PG and Westbrook to long term deals ?

Clay Bennett's gotta make it RAIINNNNNN.

But seriously, I'm betting on them expecting PG to walk. Presti pounced on George since he came available, and worst-case scenario it's a cap-clearing move. Melo's a guy they've wanted for a long time (OKC has a weird love for Cuse guys, probably because of the Weaver connection).

If all of them want to stay, it might be sustainable for a year, maybe two. But it would take the deeper pockets on the ownership group eating a bit of a loss. We do have at least one more well-heeled owner who came on post-Harden (George Kaiser).
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#117 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:04 pm

SF_Warriors wrote:
TankCommander17 wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
Don't need to include Jefferson to make the salaries match.

I'm taking Osman/Frye/Shump/Felder/2nd if I'm the knicks...

Why would the Knicks dump Melo for that poo poo platter?

LOL, right. That package is an insult.

LOL this package is better than the one they actually got.

Return to The General Board