What if LeBron went to Warriors, Rockets or Celtics?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

DowJones
RealGM
And1: 6,732

Re: Is Lebron's best shot at beating the Warriors by joining the Celtics & Brad Stevens? 

Post#121 » by DowJones » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:39 pm

A Boston fan is wondering if LeBron should sign in Boston for the MLE. I had to check and see if I was on the Celtics forum or the GB. Wow.
FlashFlare
RealGM
And1: 30,615

Re: Is Lebron's best shot at beating the Warriors by joining the Celtics & Brad Stevens? 

Post#122 » by FlashFlare » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:40 pm

100% WADEaboo
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,572

Re: Why Lebron is going to the Houston Rockets 

Post#123 » by pcbothwel » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:40 pm

demcanes26 wrote:Only on Realgm were money and fit doesn't matter. Houston has to gut their roster, losing the shooting of Gordon and Anderson. 76ers are too young, plus Simmons is thriving because of the shooting at the 2,3, and 4. The Rockets are 76ers are balling because their rosters are ALREADY constructed well for their star PLAYERS.

Thank you... What are people talking about with Houston? They would have to let Ariza and CP3 walk, dump Anderson for practically nothing... I dont see it.

Wiz are out unless they use Otto, Sato, and Morris to dump Mahinmi while taking on almost nothing.... 0.01% chance
LAC - Everyone would need to opt out. Lebron would be a poor fit with Gallo and Blake... Not a good roster construction unless they trade Gallo.
Phi - Poor fit with Simmons, but man that would be interesting. They have the cap space.
SAS - They would need to dump Gasol, but interesting team.
LAL - doesnt look ready at all. They'll sign PG13 and probably use the remaining cap space to take on salary to dump Deng so they can sign another max player in summer of 2019.
I.E. Deng, Brewer, and Randle for Chandler, Daniels and Dudley is a good start. LAL would get max cap space in 2018 and another one in 2019 while PHO would save about 8M next year, but take on the additional year for Deng....
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,558

Post#124 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:42 pm

There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,618

Post#125 » by infinite11285 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:58 pm

MisterHibachi wrote:Philly would be a better destination, and likely just as, if not more, competitive for the title.

If he leaves, I would love to see him in Philly with that core. Even if only he's providing an "old vet / mentor" role. Him, Simmons, and Embiid would be incredible together.
lambchop
General Manager
And1: 9,217

Post#126 » by lambchop » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:06 pm

More realistic bron plays for ohio state next season
So many people who attain the heights of power in this culture—celebrities, for instance—have to make a show of false humility and modesty, as if they got as far as they did by accident and not by ego or ambition.
GWVan
Analyst
And1: 2,549

Post#127 » by GWVan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:10 pm

Yes, it's his best shot, No it's not happening
Full of sound and fury; signifying nothing
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,146

Post#128 » by druggas » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:15 pm

HoopsMalone wrote:
Dupp wrote:
K_chile22 wrote:You've got to be really uncreative to not see how it would go well.

It’s just a really bad fit is what I’m saying. I think your team now is gonna go great without Lebron so it’s not gonna get worse with him.

It's actually a great fit. Houston has the most spread offense in the league and needs lebron the most defensively. Derrick Rose needs the ball in his hands. James Harden does not. Ben Simmons needs the ball in his hands. Chris Paul does not. Giannis needs the ball in his hands. Ryan Anderson does not.

A lot of people in the basketball community need to learn what "needs the ball in his hands" means. That phrase does not mean what you think it does.

Maybe you could explain it to us dolts. Seems to me it means what it says, but I'm just an ignorant sheep.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Post#129 » by bwgood77 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:18 pm

Nah, in the east it would be a team without Kyrie that was a combo of good defense and can spread the floor and hit 3s at a high %. So maybe Detroit or Orlando.

Though if he could join a WC team it would be the Spurs.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,282

Post#130 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:21 pm

No it's going to the SIXERS and taking out both.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#131 » by Illmatic12 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:21 pm

The Spurs would be his best shot.

If he was choosing a team in the East, the guy to team up with would be Embiid and the Sixers. A healthy Embiid is the force that can counteract the Warriors
NoBias
Sixth Man
And1: 2,169

Post#132 » by NoBias » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:26 pm

I'm pretty sure both squads at full health, Cleveland will still take Boston in 6 games. In order for Cleveland to win against GSW, LBJ can't be letting Durant dropping 35 a game.
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#133 » by NBAFan93 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:29 pm

LeBron would never go to the Celtics no matter what - he'd join the Warriors for the min before going to Boston.
The_Ghost_of_JB
RealGM
And1: 17,696

Post#134 » by The_Ghost_of_JB » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:29 pm

MartinToVaught wrote:The LeBron/Kyrie dynamic didn't work in Cleveland. Why would it work in Boston?

They won a title so it did kind of work.
*Insert witty signature here.*
Rob Diaz
Analyst
And1: 5,390

Post#135 » by Rob Diaz » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:41 pm

LeBron only plays in Cleveland due to the hometown element. I can't imagine him joining the Celtics, Boston is the most racist sports city in America.

Just this year alone, the racism from their fans has been a huge talking point in MLB and echoed across leagues. I can't imagine an outspoken Black man with LeBron's off-court goals joining the Celtics, it would go against everything he stands for.

Don't attack a fanbase by.
Last edited by bwgood77 on Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Strike issued for attacking fanbase.
2Chainz
Sixth Man
And1: 1,010

Post#136 » by 2Chainz » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:46 pm

HoopsMalone wrote:Do you guys REALLY believe that in a contract year CP3 just made a random, one off crazy decision like this to join the rockets instead of taking the money.... with an insane sign and trade..... and then Carmelo passed up every trade on the books for 2 months.... insisting to be traded to the rockets.... and then the team got SOLD?! The entire $2 billion franchise got SOLD guys... clearly something is going on here.

Lebron has decided that Houston will be the next NBA dynasty. And the NBA goes as Lebron goes. Until someone figures out a way to stop him, he is the guy who makes the world turn.

Too fast too furious. Did anyone see the Warriors tonight? They looked incredibly weak. All Lebron needs are a few teammates to re-establish his dominance. He's been carrying a cast of vagrants for way too long. All Y'all got something to say but y'all mothers forget about Le'Bray

Nick Wright is in the building ladies and gentlemen.
"My wrist deserve a shout-out, I'm like "What up, wrist?"/My stove deserve a shout-out, I'm like "What up, stove?""
NetsDynasty2012
Senior
And1: 1,167

Post#137 » by NetsDynasty2012 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:49 pm

Rob Diaz wrote:LeBron only plays in Cleveland due to the hometown element. I can't imagine him joining the Celtics, Boston is the most racist sports city in America.

Just this year alone, the racism from their fans has been a huge talking point in MLB and echoed across leagues. I can't imagine an outspoken Black man with LeBron's off-court goals joining the Celtics, it would go against everything he stands for.

So racist that less than 100 people showed up to a white nationalist rally while over 40,000 people protested against them.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/thousands-march-boston-counter-protest-free-speech-rally-n794156

Tens of thousands of counter-protesters flooded the streets of Boston on Saturday, eclipsing a competing right-wing “free speech” rally in a display of solidarity after the deadly white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, last weekend.

There was virtually no violence as the two groups confronted each other on Boston's streets.

Counter-protesters gathered near Boston’s Malcolm X Boulevard, chanting "Whose streets? Our streets!" and "No Trump, No KKK, No Fascist USA.” They also held signs that read: "Resist," "Black Lives Matter," and "Get the hell off my lawn, you bigots."

The massive group of diverse demonstrators dwarfed the “Boston Free Speech Rally” in Boston Common, a downtown city park, where approximately 100 people attended.

It is estimated 40,000 people total were out for the demonstrations, officials said.

The dueling protests, on a hot and humid day, quickly evaporated after the free speech rally, which was scheduled to begin around 10 a.m. and ended at 1:30 p.m., according to the Boston Police Department.

Counter-protest attendees told NBC News they viewed the free speech rally, taking place at the same time, as code for hate speech.
Freefloater
Sixth Man
And1: 892

Post#138 » by Freefloater » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:52 pm

dynamic duo wrote:
Freefloater wrote:aint no chance hes landing in houston hed become single most hated man in nba history in an instant

he already is. this guy is getting ridiculed because he is 3-5 in the finals and couldn't win the 73-9 team+prime durant in the finals.

lebron has already been to 2 more finals than jordan at the age of 32 and has been the best player in the finals for 5-6 times.

he will retire as a GOAT though.

I agree but imagine the hate if he goes to nationally already hated houston and harden
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.
qm22
General Manager
And1: 1,901

Post#139 » by qm22 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:53 pm

Rob Diaz wrote:LeBron only plays in Cleveland due to the hometown element. I can't imagine him joining the Celtics, Boston is the most racist sports city in America.

Why is LeBron outspoken? I don't see him going there given he appears to highly value playing with personal friends usually.

I had no idea about the Boston story - pretty surprising for a Northeast city (and near MIT and Harvard, ffs) to be highly racist. I do remember hearing back in Bill Russell's day he said it was super racist and that he played for the Celtics but not for Boston.

To answer the OP - he'd have a good shot, and maybe the C's would trade Hayward for something (and Kyrie...), but he has many options.
Freefloater
Sixth Man
And1: 892

Post#140 » by Freefloater » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:53 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
Freefloater wrote:aint no chance hes landing in houston hed become single most hated man in nba history in an instant

Why?

because national madia already hates houston
Fact is that momentum in games is a real thing, while not tangible itself, you can tangibly see the effect it has when teams are on runs and how it can dramatically effect the outcome of games when you can generate any momentum.

Return to The General Board