Where SHOULD Lebron play next Season?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

If you were Lebron James what team would you play for next season?

CAVS
25%
LAKERS
7%
ROCKETS
12%
76ers
22%
SPURS
11%
KNICKS
6%
BUCKS
4%
T-WOLVES
1%
CELTICS
5%
KINGS
7%

Total votes: 350

J-Wolves
Bench Warmer
And1: 887

Re: Where SHOULD Lebron play next Season? 

Post#41 » by J-Wolves » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:30 pm

The Penguin wrote:Golden State on the MLE

Win 4+ more rings to get over 6 to toss that back in the face of everyone saying "but 6" and ensure you'll win more rings than Durant & Steph or anyone else from his era.

July 4 2016, Kevin Durant declared his dependence day, dependent on the guys he couldn't beat.
Lebron will stay (if the right trades are made) or join a gang of other stars BUT he is NOT Kevin Dependent-Rant.
July 4 2016, Kevin Durant declared his dependence day, dependent on the guys he couldn't beat!
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,966

Post#42 » by Domejandro » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:30 pm

He could win championships into his forties if he joined Philadelphia.

Markelle Fultz / T.J. McConnell
Robert Covington /
Ben Simmons /
LeBron James / Dario Šarić
Joel Embiid / Richaun Holmes

J.J. Reddick on the MLE would be insane on that roster. They also would still have either the Lakers pick (if it was first overall, imagine Luka on that team!) or Sacramento pick in 2019. That team is just amazing to think about, he would be able to age gracefully with that roster, and effectively “pass the torch” to his close friend Ben Simmons.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,990

Post#43 » by spikeslovechild » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:33 pm

Dadouv47 wrote:
robbie84 wrote:His best two shots at a title would be with the Celtics or Rockets. I think with Kawahi and Pop they'd have a shot, but their supporting cast there just isn't strong enough defensively.

All homerism aside- his bet shot at beating the Warriors would be to join Brad Stevens (and Kyrie lol) and destroy the East and potentially destroy the Warriors.

Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Lebron
Horford

with Smart and Tatum off the bench.
And before you say the Celtics wouldn't be able to keep them all- yes they can keep them all because the owners would pay the tax price for that line up. No matter the luxury tax bill they'd do it, perhaps without Marcus Smart who will be an RFA. Even if they had to dump one of Hayward too they'd do it.
I actually think Lebron would take smaller money to go and play with a team that is probably a favorite against the Warriors in a 7 game series.
The C's would have the best player and best coach although it would be close when Durant and Curry are the #2 and #3 best players in the series.

Celtics is a great destination for him, but there's no way he would do such a pussy move.

They'd have to trade one of players including one of Brown or Tatum to do a sign and trade but this is beyond dumb did anyone pay attention to the offseason? Irving does not want to play with Lebron.
KayDee35
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,613

Post#44 » by KayDee35 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:34 pm

robbie84 wrote:His best two shots at a title would be with the Celtics or Rockets. I think with Kawahi and Pop they'd have a shot, but their supporting cast there just isn't strong enough defensively.

All homerism aside- his bet shot at beating the Warriors would be to join Brad Stevens (and Kyrie lol) and destroy the East and potentially destroy the Warriors.

Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Lebron
Horford

And before you say the Celtics wouldn't be able to keep them all- yes they can keep them all because the owners would pay the tax price for that line up. No matter the luxury tax bill they'd do it, perhaps without Marcus Smart who will be an RFA. Even if they had to dump one of Hayward too they'd do it.
I actually think Lebron would take smaller money to go and play with a team that is probably a favorite against the Warriors in a 7 game series.
The C's would have the best player and best coach although it would be close when Durant and Curry are the #2 and #3 best players in the series.

LeBron's not going to the C's if Kyrie is still there. So he either goes there in a S&T for Kyrie or Kyrie (+ picks probably) is traded for someone else to open the door for LeBron.

He's not going West. The LA teams don't have any sort of core to suggest they could taken on GS even with Bron. Houston looks OK but CP3's health is a major issue and after watching Wade deteriorate right in front of his own eyes, Bron won't be too keen on reliving that experience. The Spurs don't have enough talent and Pop might be a little much for LeBron to take after all his years of being in control at other organizations.

LeBron is probably staying in the East to guarantee Finals runs every year. The Bucks are solid but the market size and Parker's health are problems. The 76ers are one Embiid injury away from coming back down to earth and Simmons doesn't work well with LeBron. The Knicks... are still Dolan's Knicks.

That makes the C's the best pick. A deep team that can guarantee him plenty of rest. A tough defense that Bron won't need to anchor. A smart coach who gets the most out of his players. One of the most storied franchises in sports. Everything looks good on paper. But he won't be able to play Bronny ball there much.

If he's willing to let go of some short-term stats for less wear and hence, longevity, then Boston is perfect.
J-Wolves
Bench Warmer

Post#45 » by J-Wolves » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:35 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
Dadouv47 wrote:

Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Lebron
Horford

Celtics is a great destination for him, but there's no way he would do such a pussy move.

They'd have to trade one of players including one of Brown or Tatum to do a sign and trade but this is beyond dumb did anyone pay attention to the offseason? Irving does not want to play with Lebron.

OH YEAH he must be pretty damn high to come up with that one!
July 4 2016, Kevin Durant declared his dependence day, dependent on the guys he couldn't beat!
MarcusBrody
Starter
And1: 3,777

Post#46 » by MarcusBrody » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:46 pm

I'd like to see him beat the Sixers in this year's playoffs then join them the following year to create an upcoming monster. He can play as a star for the next few years then (if it's what he wants to do) move into a secondary roles as the young stars hit their peak and play a big role on some potential championship teams. Even an athletically declined Lebron as a great passing stretch 4 is a hell of a player to have on a team.

I admit that I'd partially like to see this due to being from PA (though actually much closer to Cleveland than Philly), still living on the East Coast and going to bed fairly early, so I tend to watch more EC games.

I looked up Philly's principal owner (Joshua Harris): He doesn't seem to be a huge Trump Republican, which would seem to be something that Lebron would avoid given his comments about Trump and Gilbert. Harris has campaign donations to both parties' candidates, so while it might not be a selling point for Lebron, it might not be a disqualifier either.
J-Wolves
Bench Warmer

Post#47 » by J-Wolves » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:50 pm

Domejandro wrote:He could win championships into his forties if he joined Philadelphia.

Markelle Fultz / T.J. McConnell
Robert Covington /
Ben Simmons /
LeBron James / Dario Šarić
Joel Embiid / Richaun Holmes

J.J. Reddick on the MLE would be insane on that roster. They also would still have either the Lakers pick (if it was first overall, imagine Luka on that team!) or Sacramento pick in 2019. That team is just amazing to think about, he would be able to age gracefully with that roster, and effectively “pass the torch” to his close friend Ben Simmons.

More likely A.Bradley will be a target in Free Agency.
PG B.Simmons and SG A.Bradley would be a really good backcourt with A.Bradley guarding the PGs on defense. Trade Fultz for a quality SF (i bet they wouldn't mind Tatum about now lol) and I don't see Reddick being with the 76ers next season.
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,280

Post#48 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:52 pm

SIXERS.

They by far make the most sense.

2 superstars, Fultz, Saric, RoCo, cap space and a boatload of young assets to configure the roster to their choosing in the weaker conference. This should be the easiest decision of LeBron's career.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#49 » by NBAFan93 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:58 pm

If I were LeBron I'd stay w/ the Cavs. But I personally would rather be a well-liked superstar in an organization where I can control things than be known as a team-hoping ring chaser - especially heading into the twighlight phase of my career...but that's me.

If he's looking to win as much as possible and be surrounded by elite talent who can set him up w/ success for years w/ less work on his part, I think Philly is his best bet to accomplish that. If he watched that Laker vs. Philly game, I would think he understands this.
jbent87
Veteran
And1: 1,202

Post#50 » by jbent87 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:05 pm

J-Wolves wrote:The 76ers with Lebron-Simmonds-Embiid would only be a good fit with 2 3pt shooters, would they be prepared to trade Fultz? Could they afford A.Bradley as a FA to fix the backcourt, would Lebron risk it with Embiids injury history?

Can I introduce you to JJ Redick and Robert Covington?
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#51 » by NBAFan93 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:08 pm

KayDee35 wrote:

Kyrie
Brown
Hayward
Lebron
Horford

LeBron's not going to the C's if Kyrie is still there. So he either goes there in a S&T for Kyrie or Kyrie (+ picks probably) is traded for someone else to open the door for LeBron.

He's not going West. The LA teams don't have any sort of core to suggest they could taken on GS even with Bron. Houston looks OK but CP3's health is a major issue and after watching Wade deteriorate right in front of his own eyes, Bron won't be too keen on reliving that experience. The Spurs don't have enough talent and Pop might be a little much for LeBron to take after all his years of being in control at other organizations.

LeBron is probably staying in the East to guarantee Finals runs every year. The Bucks are solid but the market size and Parker's health are problems. The 76ers are one Embiid injury away from coming back down to earth and Simmons doesn't work well with LeBron. The Knicks... are still Dolan's Knicks.

That makes the C's the best pick. A deep team that can guarantee him plenty of rest. A tough defense that Bron won't need to anchor. A smart coach who gets the most out of his players. One of the most storied franchises in sports. Everything looks good on paper. But he won't be able to play Bronny ball there much.

If he's willing to let go of some short-term stats for less wear and hence, longevity, then Boston is perfect.

LeBron would never go to the Celtics. I think he truly dislikes everything about that franchise because of years of tension w/ them in the playoffs (way worse than anything w/ GSW - he's actually friendly w/ those guys) - and he seems to distrust/dislike their FO more than he does Gilbert, Riley and Phil combined. I just think he'd never, ever go there no matter what.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,903

Post#52 » by BlazersBroncos » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:13 pm

Philly is far and away the answer. I don't think he will go West, and I don't think he will go to Boston. Especially with Kyrie. Boston conceded any chance of LBJ when the deal with Kyrie (Which was the right, and obvious decision)

As someone said earlier, he could play and win championships into his early 40's if he went to Philadelphia. He would have to be content with a lower usage rate, but if he wants to play a long time he needs to do that anyways.

He may not seem like a great fit with Simmons but great players can make nearly anything work. Something lost in the mix of the Cavs sucking is LBJ hitting almost 40% of his 3's this season. He clearly worked on that shot and understands its importance moving forward. He could work with Simmons, just a matter of players making sacrifice and adjustment.

Fultz/Covington/LBJ/Simmons/Embiid

That's a dynasty.
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,070

Post#53 » by tidho » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:25 pm

I think one more year (after this one) with Cleveland makes the most sense. He's going to have an opt out so leaving won't be a contractual problem. It will also coincide with Love's contract in case he feels any obligation to see through any promise he made to him.

Being from Cleveland, i'm ready for him to go.

Leaving after this season is probably best for the franchise. They'd be able to trade Love, Shump would likely opt out, and they'd have enough cap to take some garbage for more assets. I'm looking forward to the rebuild more than I am a 5 year max to LeBron.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Post#54 » by MisterHibachi » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Simmons/JJ/Covington/LeBron/Embiid with Fultz off the bench plus ring chasers to round out the rotation is a 6 year dynasty type team.

Cavs best case scenario is drafting a guy like Embiid or Simmons. Why wait on such a player to get ready for prime time when the Sixers have two of them already along with a great fan base, storied franchise, and other amazing complimentary pieces.

If not the Sixers then the Spurs, but I would enjoy that a bit less living on the East coast because west coast tip off times suck.

I also think LeBron is almost guaranteed to leave. If he goes to a third franchise, wins a ring and finals MVP he would be the only player in history to lead 3 different franchises to the championship as the best player. That's a lot of legacy points.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,078

Post#55 » by pwrshft99 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:36 pm

Retire... Only half serious but I am looking forward to the postLeBron/superteam era. I think it's going to be some exciting basketball.
#sadbullsfan
76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,535

Post#56 » by 76ciology » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:39 pm

Shanghai Sharks

Build a big three with Jared Sullinger and Jimmer.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Andy123
Pro Prospect
And1: 312

Post#57 » by Andy123 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:45 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
DowJones wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:It might not be this year but cavs even with lebron will be passed by Celtics, Sixers and bucks. They got no cap space. Old players even if lebron doesn't decline the others will.

He gotta go. This isn't same situation in 2010. He got Cleveland their championship, everybody sees cavs getting beat bad by this warriors team. Aslong he avoids another the decision special. I see very little backlash in him leaving

Rockets and Sixers makes most sense. I don't think Lakers are talented enough with that roster

The old players are bit role guys like Frye, Wade, and Korver. The core is perfect for LeBron as they are right in their prime.

-Love is 29
-Thomas is 28
-Crowder is 27
-Thompson is 26
-Smith is 32
-The BKN pick would be traded for someone in the 24-29 range

Those are the core 6 core pieces. That is exactly what you want when competing for a title. Then you fill in from there. LeBron is about to be 33. He is going to sign a 1-3year deal wherever he goes. He wants guys in that age range.

Tristan thompson hasn't been good since after 2016 finals. Jae Crowder has been awful for the cavs

If cavs can Get cousins with Brooklyn pick that would be dope but would they risk giving up a top 5 pick just for an expering? Idk about

Gee you talk like Pelicans want to trade cousins..
Because all teams need to trade all stars to help Lebron ?
I enjoy contributing ideas in a discussion towatds a solution , not interested in debates or arguments.
Chris76
Sixth Man
And1: 318

Post#58 » by Chris76 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:46 pm

MisterHibachi wrote:Simmons/JJ/Covington/LeBron/Embiid with Fultz off the bench plus ring chasers to round out the rotation is a 6 year dynasty type team.

Cavs best case scenario is drafting a guy like Embiid or Simmons. Why wait on such a player to get ready for prime time when the Sixers have two of them already along with a great fan base, storied franchise, and other amazing complimentary pieces.

If not the Sixers then the Spurs, but I would enjoy that a bit less living on the East coast because west coast tip off times suck.

I also think LeBron is almost guaranteed to leave. If he goes to a third franchise, wins a ring and finals MVP he would be the only player in history to lead 3 different franchises to the championship as the best player. That's a lot of legacy points.

I agree, the Sixers would be a good choice.

Fultz
Covington
LeBron
Simmons
Embiid

They could be a very good defensive lineup.
Andy123
Pro Prospect
And1: 312

Post#59 » by Andy123 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:48 pm

J-Wolves wrote:
The Penguin wrote:Golden State on the MLE

Win 4+ more rings to get over 6 to toss that back in the face of everyone saying "but 6" and ensure you'll win more rings than Durant & Steph or anyone else from his era.

July 4 2016, Kevin Durant declared his dependence day, dependent on the guys he couldn't beat.
Lebron will stay (if the right trades are made) or join a gang of other stars BUT he is NOT Kevin Dependent-Rant.

Or maybe he just declared he says what's on his mind.. which is admirable .
I enjoy contributing ideas in a discussion towatds a solution , not interested in debates or arguments.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#60 » by whocurrz » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Wouldn’t ever go there because I think location definitely is a factor and besides the big 3 he could form I doubt the roster intrigues him. However a big 3 in Memphis with him Conley and Gasol would be such a perfect fit. Gasol could be like Bosh but stretch the floor better, pass better, operate in the post better when needed and defend better. Conley is a great fit as far as PGs go. They always play the Warriors well without him and he’s good with Fizdale. With Parsons contract and at least one pick owed though I don’t know how they would fill out the rest of the roster though
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."

Return to The General Board