2018 MVP Discussion Pt II

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Re: 2018 MVP Discussion Pt II 

Post#61 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Dec 22, 2017 12:04 pm

Sark wrote:LeBron is going all in for that 5th MVP. He might end up wearing himself out by the playoffs unfortunately.

I been saying this the last 2 years but LeBron gets so much rest after sweeping a team. After the Cavs sweet pacers. He had 8 days of rest. After Cavs swept raptors he got days rest until next series

If a team wants to take advantage of LeBron getting worn out then they should win some games in series
Raptors til death
gpoon
Pro Prospect
And1: 717

Post#62 » by gpoon » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:37 pm

RaptorsLife wrote:
theonlyclutch wrote:Dark horse MVP candidate: Demar Derozan

Toronto is an 8 SRS team and have been on a roll for the past 15 games, it really won't be surprising if they get the 1 seed by the end of the season at this point,with Derozan being the primary scorer. If Kyrie gets MVP votes thrown his way that same logic should also get Derozan votes.

Yeah derozan having an underrated season. This season his advance stats look good too.

4.6 win shares 8th in nba. Raptors have played 5 less games than Celtics and 4 less games than cavs. So he could move into top 5 easily just have them playing same amount of games

.213 WS/48

3.9 ORPM

In December averaging he is averaging

27.6pts
5.4assists
4.5rebs
51%
40% from on 2.5 attempts
Raptors 9-1 in december

He should be top 7 voting atleast if raptors maintain record over season

I love Demar, but i really dont think he is a MVP over Lebron or Harden... Should he be considered? of course! but if you subtract Demar from the raptors i bet they would still win a **** load of games... take away lebron or harden from their respective teams, they would be barley a playoff team...
Edrees
RealGM
And1: 11,156

Post#63 » by Edrees » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Lauri_Legend wrote:I don't like it when people call James Harden 'King Harden'. It's like calling Lebron Strong Mamba.

No it's not. He doesn't have unique association on something that's so commonly used to describe people. Maybe millions of times. It's not original. I hear people called "King ___" at my work all the time and it has nothing to do with the NBA. When I hear people describe others as King I don't think of Lebron really. The other day someone said someone was the King of all financial advisors, and nobody thought of lebron. Imagine if they said he was the black mamba of financial advisors, everyone would think of Kobe.

Mamba is actually original and only used as a nickname for Kobe, so it's not similar at all.
Lauri_Legend
Analyst
And1: 1,666

Post#64 » by Lauri_Legend » Fri Dec 22, 2017 5:53 pm

Edrees wrote:
Lauri_Legend wrote:I don't like it when people call James Harden 'King Harden'. It's like calling Lebron Strong Mamba.

No it's not. He doesn't have unique association on something that's so commonly used to describe people. Maybe millions of times. It's not original. I hear people called "King ___" at my work all the time and it has nothing to do with the NBA. When I hear people describe others as King I don't think of Lebron really. The other day someone said someone was the King of all financial advisors, and nobody thought of lebron. Imagine if they said he was the black mamba of financial advisors, everyone would think of Kobe.

Mamba is actually original and only used as a nickname for Kobe, so it's not similar at all.

So many Kobe nut huggerse on this board
Admin of DieHardChicagoBullsFans: https://www.facebook.com/DieHardChicagoBullsFans
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,201

Post#65 » by clyde21 » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:26 pm

Sark wrote:LeBron is going all in for that 5th MVP. He might end up wearing himself out by the playoffs unfortunately.

This is what I'm hoping, but LeBron apparently doesn't get worn out.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#66 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:31 pm

gpoon wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:
theonlyclutch wrote:Dark horse MVP candidate: Demar Derozan

Toronto is an 8 SRS team and have been on a roll for the past 15 games, it really won't be surprising if they get the 1 seed by the end of the season at this point,with Derozan being the primary scorer. If Kyrie gets MVP votes thrown his way that same logic should also get Derozan votes.

Yeah derozan having an underrated season. This season his advance stats look good too.

4.6 win shares 8th in nba. Raptors have played 5 less games than Celtics and 4 less games than cavs. So he could move into top 5 easily just have them playing same amount of games

.213 WS/48

3.9 ORPM

In December averaging he is averaging

27.6pts
5.4assists
4.5rebs
51%
40% from on 2.5 attempts
Raptors 9-1 in december

He should be top 7 voting atleast if raptors maintain record over season

I love Demar, but i really dont think he is a MVP over Lebron or Harden... Should he be considered? of course! but if you subtract Demar from the raptors i bet they would still win a **** load of games... take away lebron or harden from their respective teams, they would be barley a playoff team...

never said that. my last point was he should top 7. lebron and Giannis. harden are on a another level
Raptors til death
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#67 » by Dupp » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:46 pm

Edrees wrote:

Lebron is actual royalty
Sark
RealGM
And1: 16,045

Post#68 » by Sark » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:47 pm

clyde21 wrote:

This is what I'm hoping, but LeBron apparently doesn't get worn out.

He's also never been 33 years old before.
1993Playoffs
Analyst
And1: 3,555

Post#69 » by 1993Playoffs » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:38 am

Is back to back 50 pt games while losing both good or bad for James harden MVP? Lol
C0bR
Pro Prospect
And1: 656

Post#70 » by C0bR » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:43 am

With every game Harden plays his stain on the sport of basketball grows bigger and bigger.

Stapadded hard for the 50 with garbage points (just like against the Lakers) and then quit by fouling out because a rookie exposed him and got into his head.

MVP campaign sinking like a ship
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#71 » by JordansBulls » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:44 am

Harden lost 2 in a row for season, Lebron lost 4 in a row.
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
Barnzy
Sixth Man
And1: 2,792

Post#72 » by Barnzy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:49 am

fileman3 wrote:Is back to back 50 pt games while losing both good or bad for James harden MVP? Lol

His box score stats look nice but he gave most of the points back on the defensive end - Austin Rivers 36 points, Lou Will 32 points.
INKtastic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,967

Post#73 » by INKtastic » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:53 am

Edrees wrote:

Harden already has a nickname, why not use his instead of borrowing LeBron's. And LeBron absolutely has a unique associate as King James, and has since his rookie season.

Calling Harden "King Harden" since he has James in his name is as bad an idea as calling him "Doctor J" since his name has a J.
http://www.inktastic.com/ Custom T-Shirts and more
Winsome Gerbil
RealGM
And1: 13,086

Post#74 » by Winsome Gerbil » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:59 am

fileman3 wrote:Is back to back 50 pt games while losing both good or bad for James harden MVP? Lol

obviously:

#emptystats

#statpadding

K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Re: RE: Re: 2018 MVP Discussion Pt II 

Post#75 » by K_chile22 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:04 am

Barnzy wrote:

His box score stats look nice but he gave most of the points back on the defensive end - Austin Rivers 36 points, Lou Will 32 points.

He was guarding neither of those guys lol he was on Evans who had a nice game but those two were just hitting everything over anyone who tried to contest. They went wild
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,935

Post#76 » by K_chile22 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:06 am

He scored 30 of his 50 in the first half and people are saying he was stat padding smh. He was great. Everyone else sucked butt. He shouldn't get extra MVP credit in losses though.

Though it is hilarious how record shouldn't be a big part in the MVP discussion until the Rockets drop two straight lol
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#77 » by RightToCensor » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:12 am

Barnzy wrote:

This guy obviously watches games
Barnzy
Sixth Man
And1: 2,792

Post#78 » by Barnzy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:15 am

RightToCensor wrote:
Barnzy wrote:

I watched the whole game. Harden switched onto them numerous times. If you think players in modern NBA stay on one player for a whole game obviously you don't watch games. The fact is both Clippers guards torched you with no resistance from your guards.

He is still a horrible defender. Only good at getting his hands into passing lanes.
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#79 » by RightToCensor » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:27 am

Barnzy wrote:
RightToCensor wrote:
Barnzy wrote:

I watched the whole game. Harden switched onto them numerous times. If you think players in modern NBA stay on one player for a whole game obviously you don't watch games. The fact is both Clippers guards torched you with no resistance from your guards.

He is still a horrible defender. Only good at getting his hands into passing lanes.

Rivers and Lou scored a vast majority of their points while not being guarded by Harden. That's the bottom line. Most of them were Curry range threes that are unguardable against any defense unless you think Austin Rivers should have the same gravity for defenses as Steph Curry. If Austin Rivers is settling for those crazy shots then you give it to him, if he makes them you just shake his hand and move on.
MisterHibachi
RealGM
And1: 19,073

Re: RE: Re: 2018 MVP Discussion Pt II 

Post#80 » by MisterHibachi » Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:28 am

K_chile22 wrote:
Barnzy wrote:

He was guarding neither of those guys lol he was on Evans who had a nice game but those two were just hitting everything over anyone who tried to contest. They went wild

Should've taken that challenge to guard them if they were giving it to their regular defenders.
"He looked like Batman coming out of nowhere"

Return to The General Board