Andrew Wiggins, worst max player ever?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Quentin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,212

Re: Andrew Wiggins, worst max player ever? 

Post#61 » by Quentin » Sun Jan 7, 2018 1:05 am

AssistRubio wrote:His max contract hasn't even started yet. It's amazing how many of you don't even realize that.

See, that's what Wiggins is doing. He's playing to his pay level. Why try hard when he's not getting paid yet?
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,016

Post#62 » by vxmike » Sun Jan 7, 2018 1:12 am

Wolves better hope Butler re-signs in 1.5 years or they'll miss the playoffs another ten years.

Wiggins and Towns aren't winning anything. Thibs is on Doc Rivers level as a GM thus far for giving him a max deal a year before RFA.
Splashin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,537

Post#63 » by Splashin » Sun Jan 7, 2018 1:54 am

vxmike wrote:Wolves better hope Butler re-signs in 1.5 years or they'll miss the playoffs another ten years.

Wiggins and Towns aren't winning anything. Thibs is on Doc Rivers level as a GM thus far for giving him a max deal a year before RFA.

You're probably right. Butler is the Timberwolves now, they'll likely find a way to keep him though. He seems pretty happy there
fouronesix22
Veteran
And1: 3,548

Post#64 » by fouronesix22 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 1:56 am

Isnt this year 1 of his max deal? I think its better to see what he does in year 2 and 3 but so far I dont think it is.

But it was a huge mistake giving him that contract.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#65 » by kennydorglas » Sun Jan 7, 2018 1:59 am

Wiggins is the most frustrating player to watch in the NBA. Hands down.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#66 » by kennydorglas » Sun Jan 7, 2018 2:00 am

fouronesix22 wrote:Isnt this year 1 of his max deal? I think its better to see what he does in year 2 and 3 but so far I dont think it is.

Nah. It'll start next year.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
fouronesix22
Veteran
And1: 3,548

Post#67 » by fouronesix22 » Sun Jan 7, 2018 2:02 am

kennydorglas wrote:
fouronesix22 wrote:Isnt this year 1 of his max deal? I think its better to see what he does in year 2 and 3 but so far I dont think it is.

Nah. It'll start next year.

really? oh boy... good luck with that wolves fans
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,523

Post#68 » by THE J0KER » Sun Jan 7, 2018 2:09 am

Here is the only way I see right now for a team to money back from Wiggins max deal:
step 1 - trade Wiggins to Denver
step 2 - remove Nuggets from Denver to Vancouver

With Canadian Murray-Wiggins-Lyles trio Vancouver Nuggets would occupy a rich Canadian market by storm! :nod:
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#69 » by johanliebert » Sun Jan 7, 2018 2:46 am

hes a young athletic wing playing his role on that roster. why the hate?
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#70 » by johanliebert » Sun Jan 7, 2018 2:48 am

Reeko wrote:I don't follow Wiggins or Minnesota much, but one thing about him vs DeMar is that DeMar has been labeled as one of the hardest working players in the league a true gym rat. I have never heard such things said about Wiggins. Another thing to take into consideration is he was never brought along by any good vets aside from an old KG, DeMar had Bosh in his rookie year but that aside DeMar is a driven player regardless. Wiggins may be the type who needs his teammates to push him, it is quite possible he would have thrived under LeBron in Cleveland had he not been traded.

wiggins is already better than demar was at 22.
johnx
Freshman
And1: 34

Post#71 » by johnx » Sun Jan 7, 2018 4:32 am

welcome to the weekly Wiggins bashing thread
:nod: :nod: :nod: :nod: :nod:
AssistRubio
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,269

Post#72 » by AssistRubio » Sun Jan 7, 2018 5:08 am

Fantastic game by Andrew tonight. His shot is still off but defensively he is really start to get it. He's going to be just fine.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#73 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sun Jan 7, 2018 5:34 am

Some of these bad contract guys were actually good players before they signed their deals. Wiggins not so much. To a lot of stans resigning him was an "obvious" decision though.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,964

Post#74 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 7, 2018 5:57 am

vxmike wrote:Wolves better hope Butler re-signs in 1.5 years or they'll miss the playoffs another ten years.

Wait, so first you say they better hope a guy Thibs brought in stays around, followed by saying Thibs is a horrible GM? Makes sense....
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,016

Post#75 » by vxmike » Sun Jan 7, 2018 5:58 am

Klomp wrote:

Wait, so first you say they better hope a guy Thibs brought in stays around, followed by saying Thibs is a horrible GM? Makes sense....

Butler was a good trade.

Every other move especially FA sucked. Wolves went from a great cap situation to cap hell overnight.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#76 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 7, 2018 6:06 am

It's not Andrew Wiggins. Not even close.
It's someone who is 1.5 seasons into his 4/$94M contract and has played in 60 of a possible 121 games, averaging 20 mpg and 7 ppg.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#77 » by Klomp » Sun Jan 7, 2018 6:06 am

vxmike wrote:Every other move especially FA sucked. Wolves went from a great cap situation to cap hell overnight.

Cap hell? Not even close.

-Blitz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 475

Post#78 » by -Blitz- » Sun Jan 7, 2018 7:07 am

he reminds me of rudy gay when he first got his max contract with the grizzles. An athletic inefficient chucker that hits clutch shots but isnt really a big diff maker because of his shot selection.
TooBad
Starter
And1: 1,193

Post#79 » by TooBad » Sun Jan 7, 2018 8:08 am

THE J0KER wrote:Here is the only way I see right now for a team to money back from Wiggins max deal:
step 1 - trade Wiggins to Denver
step 2 - remove Nuggets from Denver to Vancouver

With Canadian Murray-Wiggins-Lyles trio Vancouver Nuggets would occupy a rich Canadian market by storm! :nod:

Why are you trying to relocate your team? Vancouver should get a team but there are worse fan bases out there to take it from (Memphis).
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#80 » by TMU » Sun Jan 7, 2018 8:23 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Concernedcad wrote:Feel bad for Wiggins being stuck on that team. Hope he gets out of Minnesota soon.

Huh? He's stuck on a team that gave him 150 mil, gave him the ultimate green light for his first 3 years even though for 2 of those years his teammate was the far superior player. Now they add Butler and now Wiggins is going to make the playoffs despite the fact he still leads the team in FGAs.

I can't really imagine a better scenario for a young guy that wants to be the man than the one Wiggins has been put into to start his career.

Couldn't have said any better. The guy has the best setup. It beats me how the guy has 2 major cushions in Towns and Butler, but I personally haven't seen much improvement in his game at all. His defense is still subpar and he has very questionable shot selection.

Return to The General Board