Why Lebron insists on Lebronball?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

lecola
Junior
And1: 272

Why Lebron insists on Lebronball? 

Post#1 » by lecola » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:49 am

It is obvious that his teams can't compete with the crème de la crème teams with that kind of offensive strategy. Considering his GOAT level basketball IQ, I can't just figure out the reason behind his insistence on Lebronball. Doing the same mistake again and again and expecting a different outcome is just hilarious.

Why is it so hard for Lebron to implement an offensive strategy like the Warriors' or Spurs' ?

I call myself an average fan, so I really want to hear your opinions about the possible reasons behind that.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,335

Re: Why Lebron insists on Lebronball? 

Post#2 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:53 am

Because it works

Generally speaking
Asian Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,615

Post#3 » by Asian Celtic » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:54 am

He's gotten to 8 Finals appearances including 7 straight.

edit. You replace Harden with Lebron on the Rockets and you basically have Lebron Ball on steroids.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#4 » by LakersLegacy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:56 am

He just needs another Kyrie or CP3 to balance it out. Maybe IT gets there
BetterCallSaul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,523

Post#5 » by BetterCallSaul » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:57 am

People need to stop holding every other team to the standard of play of a team with 2 MVP level players and two other perennial all-stars.
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,078

Post#6 » by pwrshft99 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:59 am

Because no one has told him 'no' his entire professional career.
#sadbullsfan
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,078

Post#7 » by pwrshft99 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:03 am

LakersLegacy wrote:He just needs another Kyrie or CP3 to balance it out. Maybe IT gets there

Lebron just needs xxxx.... Has been a narrative for years now.
#sadbullsfan
lecola
Junior

Post#8 » by lecola » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:03 am

BetterCallSaul wrote:People need to stop holding every other team to the standard of play of a team with 2 MVP level players and two other perennial all-stars.

Dude, Spurs with washed up Duncan and near washed up Parker and with young Kawhi simply humiliated 2014 Heat Team. It is just not Warriors with Durant.

I am asking why he is not trying to implement an offensive strategy like that. It is simply what basketball should be like in the modern era. Lots of off the ball cutters, excellent screens and ball is always moving.
BetterCallSaul
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by BetterCallSaul » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:05 am

lecola wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:People need to stop holding every other team to the standard of play of a team with 2 MVP level players and two other perennial all-stars.

Dude, Spurs with washed up Duncan and near washed up Parker and with young Kawhi simply humiliated 2014 Heat Team. It is just not Warriors with Durant.

I am asking why he is not trying to implement an offensive strategy like that. It is simply what basketball should be like in the modern era. Lots of off the ball cutters, excellent screens and ball is always moving.

Wow, when I wrote that I was thinking, "I hope there isn't someone that decides to use the Spurs as an example because that would be silly" and here you are.
fourtyounce48
Junior
And1: 246

Post#10 » by fourtyounce48 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:05 am

It's not just been the Warriors that Lebron ball couldn't overcome. Remember not 1, not 2, not 3......
Night hides the world, but reveals a universe.
BetterCallSaul
Assistant Coach

Post#11 » by BetterCallSaul » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:05 am

fourtyounce48 wrote:

It's not just been the Warriors that Lebron ball couldn't overcome. Remember not 1, not 2, not 3......

He may have been overconfident but no I don't expect LeBron to win every season.
fourtyounce48
Junior

Post#12 » by fourtyounce48 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:06 am

BetterCallSaul wrote:
lecola wrote:

Wow, when I wrote that I was thinking, "I hope there isn't someone that decides to use the Spurs as an example because that would be silly" and here you are.

Not just the Spurs.
lecola
Junior

Post#13 » by lecola » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:07 am

BetterCallSaul wrote:
lecola wrote:

I just can't get why it is silly for using Spurs as an example but OK, thank you for sharing your opinion.
fourtyounce48
Junior

Post#14 » by fourtyounce48 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:07 am

BetterCallSaul wrote:
fourtyounce48 wrote:

He may have been overconfident but no I don't expect LeBron to win every season.

Not the point. These are responses to your first claim about comparing his teams to the Warrior standard.
dan_atko97
Lead Assistant
And1: 287

Post#15 » by dan_atko97 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:08 am

Cavs currently have the 5th best ORTG despite their recent cold play... Offense isn't what's losing them games
BetterCallSaul
Assistant Coach

Post#16 » by BetterCallSaul » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:08 am

fourtyounce48 wrote:
BetterCallSaul wrote:
lecola wrote:

Not just the Spurs.

Ok, didn't realize that aside from the Spurs and Warriors someone else has been able to beat LeBron.

Edit: I'm not a huge LeBron guy at all. I don't like the environment he builds around his teams and I feel like it breeds contempt and resentment a bit. However, he runs a great team and promotes ball movement.
The Cavs are an awful franchise who have been saved by LeBron. The Heat actually built a team around him with a respectable coaching core that made sense.

Yes, the Mavs beat him. That is his black mark.
fourtyounce48
Junior

Post#17 » by fourtyounce48 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:16 am

It's not that he's incapable but rather unwilling.

He and Irving for example could have ran the PnR successfully. But I don't think Lebron was willing to be the one without the ball. Both have the talent and IQ to be unstoppable with it but he wants to play the PG role.
_Game7_
Veteran
And1: 1,415

Post#18 » by _Game7_ » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:16 am

It works, GOAT gonna GOAT. If it wasn't for KD joining a top 3 team in NBA history, it will be much more clear. Championship goes through GS, then Lebron.
Exodus wrote:I think Kyrie Irving in the best player on the team to be honest
Splashin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,537

Post#19 » by Splashin » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:21 am

anglewings wrote:It works, GOAT gonna GOAT. If it wasn't for KD joining a top 3 team in NBA history, it will be much more clear. Championship goes through GS, then Lebron.

Yeah it works great, just look at that beautiful finals record. True goat running his best teammate out of town and creating a joyless style where his entire team looks miserable out there.
Johnny Kilroy
Assistant Coach
And1: 442

Post#20 » by Johnny Kilroy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:27 am

Because he's one of the most selfish players in NBA history.

Return to The General Board