Did Brook Lopez cry on the bench?

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Re: Did Brook Lopez cry on the bench? 

Post#141 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 2, 2018 6:37 am

Based on kyrieEarthings intelligent, yet off the wall style of posting, I'm wondering if this might really be Kyrie.

Is he trolling us again? Damn you Kyrie Irving.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Forte IV
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,497

Post#142 » by Forte IV » Fri Feb 2, 2018 6:40 am

This is already a GOAT thread. Melissa is a meme
If the Clippers win the championship next year I'm getting banned from RealGM
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#143 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 2, 2018 6:52 am

Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
KyrieEarthing
Junior
And1: 577

Re: RE: Re: Did Brook Lopez cry on the bench? 

Post#144 » by KyrieEarthing » Fri Feb 2, 2018 7:17 am

G35 wrote:
KyrieEarthing wrote:So I had this huge crush on this girl in 8th grade. All summer long im like doing sit ups thinking when I come back to high school im gonna pull this chick. Remember this is before the internet so we all thought eating weight gainer from GNC and doing sit ups was the key to a woman's heart.

So I'm sitting there chatting with her on aol instant messenger like every night. Her dad is a surgeon so she's rich so she's out shopping a lot. While I'm getting hit up to go raccoon hunting or play street fighter 2 all night.

Anyway I get back to school 9th grade. I'm sitting in front of her. Acting up in class. Growing my hair out. Whatever it takes. But all she cares about are the senior guys. Meanwhile her best friend has sprouted 34c's. So I end up dating her instead. All the while in love with the original girl but hey my gf is giving it up and her dad is rich. Like rich rich. Sold a software business in the 90s.

The original girl finally professes her love to me when I'm 20 or so. I been waiting forever for this but I turn her down im in a 5 year relationship.

Fast forward im 21. Rich girl dumps me bc I'm an alcoholic scumbag who barely know she exist. So I move to NYC to be with my true love. It last less than 2 weeks. She has cats and a 375 sq ft apartment. And she's like dry humping me every night telling me it cant work. I'm real confused. I even have money now why doesn't she love me?

Anyway fast forward like ten years later she wins a contest in Brooklyn and BROOK FREAKING LOPEZ shows up at her place to clean her apartment and film A short marketing video thats now on YouTube.

She looks nothing like she did in high school but deep down I still love her.

Whenever I see Brook spotting up for 3 in the corner I think of what could have been with her. And I dont often tear up physically. But emotionally I do. I can't even bring myself to watch the video of Brook cleaning her apartment. He dusts the high shelves for her because she's only 5'1.

I love you Melissa

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]

I just read this story to my girl and we both cracked up...I don't know if this story is real but damn its entertaining.....
Story is real bro. At one point I even made her a mixtape CD . With the goo goo dolls song on it from the city of angels soundtrack. That's true love. Id kick my own *** if I could go back in time for that.

Funny followup. It's funny how these memories come rushing back out of nowhere 20 years later.

So those two (my girlfriend and the girl I actually liked) have a third friend. She's kinda like the stepfriend. She's not as popular. Not that pretty yet. (She actually became really attractive in her 20s). Her dad was a doctor for the nfl and one of the early concussion /depression researchers back in the late 80s/early 90s. I'm commuting like an hour to a prep school thats in a pretty famous community thats made up vastly of a lot of the leading doctors in the country. I'm upper middle class and kids look at me like I'm a plebe. I'm 99% sure that other parents told their kids not to hang out with me at times. It was a very exclusive area.

Well this chick was the stat girl/team manager for our varsity basketball team. She's not hot but she aint ugly and she definitely aint shy. On the way to games the coach made her sit in the front of the bus while we ripped farts and made jokes that looking back on were probably mean or sexual harassment.

On the way back wed already won or lost so she could sit wherever she wanted. The lights were off and our games were usually 1-2 hours away so Id usually just put my gym bag in my lap and let her grope me so I could relax before my commute home.

Well one night she's sitting between me and my best friend who's an all state PG candidate. The coach turns the interior lights on out of nowhere and I realize she's mimicking the actions of a downhill skier. Both hands tightly gripped on poles. It became a huge running joke because no lie her cousin was actually picabo street.

Was pretty classic. Really sealed our friendship. We ended up joining the same fraternity a few years later and becoming roommates and sharing a loft for a year. Great times.

My patented move if I could tell his new girl wasn't very adventurous was just to walk down the ladder and remove it from the loft. Id hit "winamp" to play that song "I dont know much... But I know I love you" by linda rondstat and Aaron neville and just leave the room. Hed be so embarrassed but the women really ate it up.

And that may be all you need to know...

Mylie10
RealGM

Post#145 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 2, 2018 7:27 am

:lol:

Well one night she's sitting between me and my best friend who's an all state PG candidate. The coach turns the interior lights on out of nowhere and I realize she's mimicking the actions of a downhill skier. Both hands tightly gripped on poles. It became a huge running joke because no lie her cousin was actually picabo street.

Khoee wrote “
Golden Knight
Analyst
And1: 4,965

Post#146 » by Golden Knight » Fri Feb 2, 2018 7:34 am

Melissa!

Picabo Street!
KyrieEarthing
Junior
And1: 577

Post#147 » by KyrieEarthing » Fri Feb 2, 2018 8:06 am

Lol at thinking I'd make this story up. Who the heck would even know that video exists?

So my mom was a school librarian and id get to school at like 530 am in kindergarten and play the original Oregon Trail, Number Munchers, or that game where you operated a lemonade stand on the original Apple Computers in 1987.

Then I'd go fall asleep on a beanbag chair for a few hours. Whenever I woke up id walk into my kindergarten class a few hours late. Well I'm a smart kid but I'm a total knucklepuck and I got caught stealing a puzzle piece. I thought it'd be funny if the kids tried to put together a puzzle and couldn't find the last piece. Well my dumb*** left it in my Osh Gosh B'gosh overalls or my red courdaroy pockets and my mom found it in the laundry. So long story short I had to repeat kindergarten in 1988.

Well ultimately this paid off as it made me the first kid to get a car in my class in 1998. I'm like rolling with all the babes for a few months until they get their own cars. So not only am I driving off campus and taking my girlfriend behind the quick check during study hall... But I can also go to Melissa house while my girlfriend is at cross country practice.

Her mom had two rules when we went upstairs to her room. Door had to stay open and we had to be playing a game. Looking back on it I think these were just suggestions. They had like nude statues and art all over their house, she drove a Lexus convertible, and dyed her hair a different color every week. But I was naive and really thought we had to be playing a game.

We always chose "Guess Who". I dont know if you guys have ever played guess who but it's a truly a classic. You have like 25-30 characters in front of You and your opponent has a card with one of them on it. You say stuff like "Does this person have orange hair" or "Does this person have glasses?" etc

Well if she says they don't have orange hair you know it cant be Charles, Herman, etc so you fold them down and now it's their guess.

Well after 100 games or so you know all the questions to ask and their order and all.... to optimize your chances of winning. Its called GTO or "game theory optimal" strategy.

So I developed a version of "mental guess who". Wed play without the cards and fold out characters. Youd ask qualifying questions like "is this person a female" or "Does this person wear a hat" and have to eliminate the remaining possibilities strictly in your head. It really added another level to the game.

Like I said previously. One of the most intelligent women ive ever met. Not that she beat me that often. But often enough that i miss playing Mental Guess Who with her.

Who knows. Maybe she see this post one day and we get together 20 years later. Or maybe not. Two years ago I was homeless and facing jail time. A year ago I was just getting out of drug rehab. And now today I have two jobs that give me 75 wage hours a week and allow me to tell you fine folks my NBA related, deeply personal high school romance stories. The world is a funny place.

Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,281

Post#148 » by Dominator83 » Fri Feb 2, 2018 8:32 am

Why hasn't there been any buyout talks on him yet?
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
_AIJ_
RealGM
And1: 4,122

Post#149 » by _AIJ_ » Fri Feb 2, 2018 9:53 am

KyrieEarthing wrote:So I had this huge crush on this girl in 8th grade. All summer long im like doing sit ups thinking when I come back to high school im gonna pull this chick. Remember this is before the internet so we all thought eating weight gainer from GNC and doing sit ups was the key to a woman's heart.

So I'm sitting there chatting with her on aol instant messenger like every night. Her dad is a surgeon so she's rich so she's out shopping a lot. While I'm getting hit up to go raccoon hunting or play street fighter 2 all night.

Anyway I get back to school 9th grade. I'm sitting in front of her. Acting up in class. Growing my hair out. Whatever it takes. But all she cares about are the senior guys. Meanwhile her best friend has sprouted 34c's. So I end up dating her instead. All the while in love with the original girl but hey my gf is giving it up and her dad is rich. Like rich rich. Sold a software business in the 90s.

The original girl finally professes her love to me when I'm 20 or so. I been waiting forever for this but I turn her down im in a 5 year relationship.

Fast forward im 21. Rich girl dumps me bc I'm an alcoholic scumbag who barely know she exist. So I move to NYC to be with my true love. It last less than 2 weeks. She has cats and a 375 sq ft apartment. And she's like dry humping me every night telling me it cant work. I'm real confused. I even have money now why doesn't she love me?

Anyway fast forward like ten years later she wins a contest in Brooklyn and BROOK FREAKING LOPEZ shows up at her place to clean her apartment and film A short marketing video thats now on YouTube.

Whenever I see Brook spotting up for 3 in the corner I think of what could have been with her. And I dont often tear up physically. But emotionally I do. I can't even bring myself to watch the video of Brook cleaning her apartment. He dusts the high shelves for her because she's only 5'1.

I love you Melissa

Wow hope youre ok

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
LETS GO WOLVES!!! 8-)
SimonFish
General Manager
And1: 2,025

Post#150 » by SimonFish » Fri Feb 2, 2018 9:57 am

KyrieEarthing wrote:Lol at thinking I'd make this story up. Who the heck would even know that video exists?

So my mom was a school librarian and id get to school at like 530 am in kindergarten and play the original Oregon Trail, Number Munchers, or that game where you operated a lemonade stand on the original Apple Computers in 1987.

Then I'd go fall asleep on a beanbag chair for a few hours. Whenever I woke up id walk into my kindergarten class a few hours late. Well I'm a smart kid but I'm a total knucklepuck and I got caught stealing a puzzle piece. I thought it'd be funny if the kids tried to put together a puzzle and couldn't find the last piece. Well my dumb*** left it in my Osh Gosh B'gosh overalls or my red courdaroy pockets and my mom found it in the laundry. So long story short I had to repeat kindergarten in 1988.

Well ultimately this paid off as it made me the first kid to get a car in my class in 1998. I'm like rolling with all the babes for a few months until they get their own cars. So not only am I driving off campus and taking my girlfriend behind the quick check during study hall... But I can also go to Melissa house while my girlfriend is at cross country practice.

Her mom had two rules when we went upstairs to her room. Door had to stay open and we had to be playing a game. Looking back on it I think these were just suggestions. They had like nude statues and art all over their house, she drove a Lexus convertible, and dyed her hair a different color every week. But I was naive and really thought we had to be playing a game.

We always chose "Guess Who". I dont know if you guys have ever played guess who but it's a truly a classic. You have like 25-30 characters in front of You and your opponent has a card with one of them on it. You say stuff like "Does this person have orange hair" or "Does this person have glasses?" etc

Well if she says they don't have orange hair you know it cant be Charles, Herman, etc so you fold them down and now it's their guess.

Well after 100 games or so you know all the questions to ask and their order and all.... to optimize your chances of winning. Its called GTO or "game theory optimal" strategy.

So I developed a version of "mental guess who". Wed play without the cards and fold out characters. Youd ask qualifying questions like "is this person a female" or "Does this person wear a hat" and have to eliminate the remaining possibilities strictly in your head. It really added another level to the game.

Like I said previously. One of the most intelligent women ive ever met. Not that she beat me that often. But often enough that i miss playing Mental Guess Who with her.

Who knows. Maybe she see this post one day and we get together 20 years later. Or maybe not. Two years ago I was homeless and facing jail time. A year ago I was just getting out of drug rehab. And now today I have two jobs that give me 75 wage hours a week and allow me to tell you fine folks my NBA related, deeply personal high school romance stories. The world is a funny place.

if you are in kindergarten in 1988, that means you are around 33 years old. Melissa in that clip looks like she was 40?
JaysRule15
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 119,974

Post#151 » by JaysRule15 » Fri Feb 2, 2018 10:54 am

Is Melissa a Celtics fan?
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,033

Post#152 » by shangrila » Fri Feb 2, 2018 2:00 pm

Came to read a thread about Brook Lopez, didn't leave disappointed.

Well done, 10/10. Would hear tragic love story again.
szaer
Ballboy
And1: 8

Post#153 » by szaer » Fri Feb 2, 2018 2:31 pm

KyrieEarthing wrote:Lol at thinking I'd make this story up. Who the heck would even know that video exists?

These stories really have a The Catcher in the Rye feel to them, keep them coming they're making my mornings
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#154 » by RonaldArtest » Fri Feb 2, 2018 2:43 pm

So has it been confirmed yet that the reason Lopez was crying was indeed Melissa-related?
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#155 » by Stillwater » Fri Feb 2, 2018 3:09 pm

I love you Melissa

Wrong planet g.
Melissa ? There ain't no Melissa only Lopez here.
If you never have an eye well up with fluid,you have no soul.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#156 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 2, 2018 3:24 pm

SimonFish wrote:

if you are in kindergarten in 1988, that means you are around 33 years old. Melissa in that clip looks like she was 40?

No she doesnt...she looks a little haggard and earthy, but 40, no way.
Khoee wrote “
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#157 » by Mylie10 » Fri Feb 2, 2018 3:27 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Image

The more I think about it Kyrie....you might just be, "The Most Interesting Man in The World"
Khoee wrote “
playaloc916
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,289

Post#158 » by playaloc916 » Fri Feb 2, 2018 3:34 pm

sca wrote:
breatnach wrote:
Sofia wrote:
We got a new all time great. :bowdown:

assphalt and elementals
Outdoor holds millions
Bring your pets
Pisscum Maytricks
GreenApple wordsmith
Kidd getting fired ballboy
I love you Melissa

The first three are notorious (and belong to the same post), but I don't recognize the others? Got some links?

Maytricks Championship
The day Carl2680 became a legend

Green Apple was a legendary poster (link to profile). You can read some of his wisdom here: viewtopic.php?t=1184551#p32020749

Also, let's not forget about these:
top 15 best players of the basketball
My IQ is 197.
Guaranteed Championship: The Shaq / Boykins offence
Jimmy Butler removes rearview mirror in his car as a symbol to never look back
Re: greg monroe peed himself while drunk
New Basketball Play: Wall of Hands
Ran into Bruno Caboclo tonight
If the ball doesn't touch the rim and it's all net, should it be worth an extra 2 points?
OT: how many pickles does rudy have?
Re: Royce White traded to Philadelphia
Gay-Love-Sessions Triangle about to occur in Minnesota?
Met Spencer Hawes last night in Toronto
Met Greivis Vasquez Last Week
Re: Can the myth that Carmelo Anthony is a ball stopper end?
Revisiting the Amazingly Sucky Juan Dixon Thread (the thread itself is nothing special but you've got to read the story)
is NBA planning on implementing 5v5v5 basket ball?
THE NBA AND THE "FRACTIONAL-SECOND".
OT: Nude Photos of Greg Oden LEAK
I've posted my 994 th post about 100 times - is that normal?
New nickname (read the whole thread)

Wow...

I remember there was a funny thread about someone who tried to give Sam Mitchell a high five while walking a dog and holding a frisbee in his hands... Is that in one of these threads? I think that one should be added to this list.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,229

Post#159 » by John Murdoch » Mon Feb 5, 2018 1:08 pm

What happend to Green Apple? He was legend
Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Captain Hooker
Sophomore
And1: 67

Post#160 » by Captain Hooker » Mon Feb 5, 2018 3:40 pm

We should have I love you Melissa day or something!

Return to The General Board