D'Antoni: Harden is the best offensive player I've ever seen

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Saru
Sophomore
And1: 279

Re: D'Antoni: Harden is the best offensive player I've ever seen 

Post#181 » by Saru » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:04 pm

red96 wrote:
Saru wrote:
red96 wrote:Well, from ages 25 to Hardens current age of 28, Harden is better than Kobe was at the same age offensively. Kobe never had a season as good as Harden is having this year. By the time D'antoni got to LA, Kobe wasnt as good as Harden is now.

He's already surpassed Nash's peak (who wasnt a star until his 30's)

Thanks for the laughs tho, never had one for the whole month.

When you're done laughing at nothing prove me wrong.

Im laughing in tears. It should be a compliment, you made us happy. What is to prove? You're already set with your biases. Just keep us laughing tho
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#182 » by red96 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:06 pm

Saru wrote:
red96 wrote:
Saru wrote:
Thanks for the laughs tho, never had one for the whole month.

When you're done laughing at nothing prove me wrong.

Im laughing in tears. It should be a compliment, you made us happy. What is to prove? You're already set with your biases. Just keep us laughing tho

That's what I thought. Numbers have no bias.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
Saru
Sophomore
And1: 279

Post#183 » by Saru » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:08 pm

But just so these guys know, mike d'antoni made kendall marshall a 10+ assists guy for some time. who remembers him? Yea me too, me too.
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#184 » by red96 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:12 pm

Saru wrote:But just so these guys know, mike d'antoni made kendall marshall a 10+ assists guy for some time. who remembers him? Yea me too, me too.
:lol: When you have no point to stand on, change it. Pop has made so many players perform well over their average I wouldn't know where to start. What does that have to do with Kawhi being a better defender than Kobe? Absolutly nothing. Like I said, prove me wrong.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
G-Mamba
Junior
And1: 475

Post#185 » by G-Mamba » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:06 pm

Kobe Bryant was the better offensive player. Kobe set the record for most 3s in the game till curry came and broke it. He gets hot as 81 points. This is a guy who averaged 34pts 7 boards 8 ast 1.2 blocks while shooting 43 from 3, 50 from fg and 88 from ft. In his 15th season against the suns in the western conference finals. Against the Spurs in the playoffs in 2001.. 33 7 7 1.5 steals 50 percent from field and 35 percent from the the 3. He did this while he was 21. The so called best offensive player James Harden shoots 31 percent from the line as the man where as Kobe Bryant after shaq left, in the playoffs Kobe shoots 33 percent from 3. Lets not even talk about peak... Kobe Bryant carried a team of kwame..smush.. and won 45 games. I'm not James Harden hater. James Harden shouldve had Curry's MVP from the 2015 season. James Harden carried a team and had them in second place with Howard missing half the season. Honestly if you guys think harden is better i don't care. It's just the disrespect on Kobe.
P.s He did this all while being GOAT on ball defender. Kwahi would get wrecked by curry kyire or Ai cause he has trouble dealing with guards with handles. Kobe Bryant was one the best on ball defenders on guys who had great handles. Kawhi is a better defender on guys like Lebron Kobe vs Smaller guards. I rest my case after this. No hard feelings i hope.

even though he made the shot it was smothering defense.
Trophy Husband
Senior
And1: 231

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: D'Antoni: Harden is the best offensive player I've ever seen 

Post#186 » by Trophy Husband » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:29 pm

lakerz12 wrote:
Trophy Husband wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
Kobe was arguably the best player for 1 or 2 of the Shaq/Kobe rings.

But even forgetting those, "only managed to win 2 as the main guy"?

Tell that to Karl Malone, John Stockton, Charles Barkley, Allen Iverson, Tmac, Baylor, Chris Paul, etc.

Only 2? Only 5? You're building a case against yourself.
My man I never said he wasnt great nor a loser. But his shot selection is pretty bad. If you cant see then you are just a homer.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]

And yet you present no data to support your biased opinion. I'm just supposed to trust that you watched every shot he took and were capable of making that judgment. You must be Phil Jackson or Tex Winter?

What's crazy is that from 2000-2013, Kobe finished top 10 in the league for PER 11 times.

11 out of 13 seasons he was top 10 in the league in a statistic that measures a player's efficiency and subtracts negative accomplishments from their score.

How could a guy that took a lot of shots be top 10 in PER if he had bad shot selection?

He must have made a ton of "bad shots" or everyone else in the league must be terribly inefficient and also taking a ton of bad shots.

It just doesn't add up.
Bro. Top 10 in PER is not something to brag about. If anything, he should've been at least top 5 every season.. Top 10 probably means you are just about a top 10 level player in the league. Something that Kobe fans wouldn't like to agree.. lol

cheolee
Junior
And1: 84

Post#187 » by cheolee » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:47 pm

Who are the two best that Mike has seen?
Kobe and Nash.

Harden can score like Kobe, on a much higher efficiency.
He can run an offense like Nash, to the tune of the best offensive rating in history.

So Harden can do what Nash and Kobe specialized in, and arguably better.

That is why Mike prob said what he said.
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#188 » by ronnymac2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:38 pm

I like Pringles man. He's a real player's coach.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: D'Antoni: Harden is the best offensive player I've ever seen 

Post#189 » by lakerz12 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:10 am

Trophy Husband wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
Trophy Husband wrote:My man I never said he wasnt great nor a loser. But his shot selection is pretty bad. If you cant see then you are just a homer.

And yet you present no data to support your biased opinion. I'm just supposed to trust that you watched every shot he took and were capable of making that judgment. You must be Phil Jackson or Tex Winter?

What's crazy is that from 2000-2013, Kobe finished top 10 in the league for PER 11 times.

11 out of 13 seasons he was top 10 in the league in a statistic that measures a player's efficiency and subtracts negative accomplishments from their score.

How could a guy that took a lot of shots be top 10 in PER if he had bad shot selection?

He must have made a ton of "bad shots" or everyone else in the league must be terribly inefficient and also taking a ton of bad shots.

It just doesn't add up.
Bro. Top 10 in PER is not something to brag about. If anything, he should've been at least top 5 every season.. Top 10 probably means you are just about a top 10 level player in the league. Something that Kobe fans wouldn't like to agree.. lol

400+ players in the league and you're saying he has bad shot selection but he's top 10 in a stat that measures efficiency. Hmmmm

Think about what you're saying.

Kobe is universally accepted as a top 3 SHOOTING guard of all time.

Many believe he is the second best SHOOTING guard of all time and a top 15 or top 10 player, ever.

And you think he has bad SHOT selection.

That's like saying Stockton, Nash, and Kidd were poor decision makers.
Daddy 801
General Manager
And1: 2,436

Post#190 » by Daddy 801 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:31 pm

This shouldn’t be surprising. Harden is going to end up a top ten offensive player ever if he continues at this rate for long enough.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,413

Post#191 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:37 pm

When you combine his scoring ability with his nash like assist totals he may very well be the best. Even as a pure scorer he's up there with Michael no? Harden is so good I think he might be the next Trae Young.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
damedash09
Analyst
And1: 1,461

Post#192 » by damedash09 » Tue May 29, 2018 3:44 am

A lot of bad hot takes

Return to The General Board