Which team has the best supporting cast in the NBA?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Without its top two players, _____ would be the best team.

Boston
7%
Cleveland
3%
Golden State
45%
Houston
10%
OKC
2%
Portland
1%
Toronto
32%
other
2%

Total votes: 120

joeyAdaMan
Analyst
And1: 2,145

Re: Which team has the best supporting cast in the NBA? 

Post#21 » by joeyAdaMan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:55 pm

Rockets might have the best depth tho....them or the Raps of course
Volcano wrote:Kobe must the best at everything. He's faster than Westbrook and stronger than Dwight. He's taller than Yao Ming and shorter than Earl Boykins. Nothing you say is going to change their minds.
Maf
Starter
And1: 868

Post#22 » by Maf » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:10 pm

Not Cavs for sure. Without LeBron they'd be fine. But without Korver they'd be doomed.
"I never played a game sober, unfortunately" - Keon Clark

"I've never drunk alcohol socially. I've never took cocain socially. I've never smoked anything socially. I did all of this... to got **** up!" - Ozzy Osbourne
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#23 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:11 pm

klay and draymond are the best role players
Raptors til death
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#24 » by RaptorsLife » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:11 pm

klay and draymond are the best role players
Raptors til death
Thabo Sefolosha
Thunder Forum The Opening Tip
And1: 6,543

Post#25 » by Thabo Sefolosha » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:15 pm

why is OKC on there
Kurosawa0
Analyst
And1: 3,276

Post#26 » by Kurosawa0 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:17 pm

Golden State is the only team that you could argue would be a playoff team without their two top stars.

Shaun Livingston
Klay Thompson
Andre Iguodala
Draymond Green
Zaza

is still a decent starting five.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 27,164

Post#27 » by YogurtProducer » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:33 pm

Kurosawa0 wrote:Golden State is the only team that you could argue would be a playoff team without their two top stars.

Shaun Livingston
Klay Thompson
Andre Iguodala
Draymond Green
Zaza

Meh

VanVleet
Wright
Anunoby
Ibaka
Valanciunas

Is on par with that imo just for the simple fact that gsw team has 0 spacing, plus once you consider the benches after the fact it becomes clear.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
Kurosawa0
Analyst
And1: 3,276

Post#28 » by Kurosawa0 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:51 pm

YogurtProducer wrote:
Kurosawa0 wrote:Golden State is the only team that you could argue would be a playoff team without their two top stars.

Shaun Livingston
Klay Thompson
Andre Iguodala
Draymond Green
Zaza

Meh

VanVleet
Wright
Anunoby
Ibaka
Valanciunas

Is on par with that imo just for the simple fact that gsw team has 0 spacing, plus once you consider the benches after the fact it becomes clear.

Klay and Draymond are both far better than anyone on that Raptors lineup.
MovieMuscle
Starter
And1: 949

Post#29 » by MovieMuscle » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:07 am

lmao typical Golden State overhype. The Warriors are definitely not the best without Curry and Durant.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#30 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:11 am

Kurosawa0 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

Shaun Livingston
Klay Thompson
Andre Iguodala
Draymond Green
Zaza

Meh

VanVleet
Wright
Anunoby
Ibaka
Valanciunas

And? It’s 5 on 5 not 2 on 2
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,316

Post#31 » by TheHartBreakKid » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:34 am

Comparing the Warriors and Raptors is pretty easy imo, considering the top two stars play relatively the similiar positions.

Ask yourself this....are the raptors a better team with the Warriors cast alongside Derozan and Lowry?

Lowry/Livingston
Klay/Young
Derozan/Iggy
Draymond/Looney
Pachulia/Bell

To me, that's without a doubt the better team. It's not even really close, despite the clear loss in depth.

As opposed to ....'

Curry/Van Fleet
Powell?Anunoby?/
Durant/Miles
Ibaka/ Siakam
Val/ Poetl

I mean, It's hard for me to say that Raptor team would beat the Warrior team considering the impact of Curry and Durant, but I can confidently say that the Raptors get better while the Warriors get worse.

Warrior supporting cast>>>>>

especially going by this criteria.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager

Post#32 » by TheHartBreakKid » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:37 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Kurosawa0 wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Meh

VanVleet
Wright
Anunoby
Ibaka
Valanciunas

right, but considering the top 2 are constants, it's really about 4 on 4, rather than 2 on 2. Lowry, Derozan Klay and Draymond would be significantly better than Lowry, Derozan, Val, Ibaka (or whoever else is considered the 3rd and 4th best player on the Raptors) Obviously, from 5-12 the Raptors core would have an edge over the Warriors, but atleast to me, all that depth doesn't come close to making up the difference between Klay and Draymond vs whoever you consider the 3rd and 4th best raptor player. Hell, I would rather have Draymond himself than any two of Ibaka/Val/Siakam. Then you have Klay...
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#33 » by YogurtProducer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:58 am

TheHartBreakKid wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Kurosawa0 wrote:

right, but considering the top 2 are constants, it's really about 4 on 4, rather than 2 on 2. Lowry, Derozan Klay and Draymond would be significantly better than Lowry, Derozan, Val, Ibaka (or whoever else is considered the 3rd and 4th best player on the Raptors) Obviously, from 5-12 the Raptors core would have an edge over the Warriors, but atleast to me, all that depth doesn't come close to making up the difference between Klay and Draymond vs whoever you consider the 3rd and 4th best raptor player. Hell, I would rather have Draymond himself than any two of Ibaka/Val/Siakam. Then you have Klay...

Well that’s your opinion and you’re welcome to it but I believe you’re wrong.

Imagine playing that team. You literally just stay tight on Klay because he can’t create and now you have an absolute non threat (Livingston) a very inconsistent one (Iggy) a poor shooter (Zaza) and then Dray.

At least Vleet/Wright/OG/Ibaka/Val has a legit 5 guys who can step out plus a lot of defence.

Now, consider that teams are 8–10 guys deep and you have a bench of Powel Poeltl and Siakam or one of Nick Young, McGee and West?

I mean look at the raptors bench right now, it’s absolutrlt dominating and now you have them (plus sole starters) playing against teams without their top 2? For sure GSW is good but without Curry and KD that’s a much bigger loss than Lowry and Demar.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager

Post#34 » by TheHartBreakKid » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:06 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
TheHartBreakKid wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:

Well that’s your opinion and you’re welcome to it but I believe you’re wrong.

Imagine playing that team. You literally just stay tight on Klay because he can’t create and now you have an absolute non threat (Livingston) a very inconsistent one (Iggy) a poor shooter (Zaza) and then Dray.

At least Vleet/Wright/OG/Ibaka/Val has a legit 5 guys who can step out plus a lot of defence.

Now, consider that teams are 8–10 guys deep and you have a bench of Powel Poeltl and Siakam or one of Nick Young, McGee and West?

I mean look at the raptors bench right now, it’s absolutrlt dominating and now you have them (plus sole starters) playing against teams without their top 2? For sure GSW is good but without Curry and KD that’s a much bigger loss than Lowry and Demar.

Again though.....and maybe this is just how I'm looking at the thread, but to me, it's not about the raptors 3-12 vs the Warrior 3-12. In that sense, your argument is valid regarding a lack of spacing. But this is about the best supporting cast, so in my hypothetical, I'm keeping the players in a supporting role, and judging them based on that.

Lowry
Klay
Derozan
Green
Pachulia

looks pretty damn good to me.

You don't have the luxory of playing Klay tight in this scenario because you have to provide help for Lowry/Derozan.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#35 » by clyde21 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:30 am

joeyAdaMan wrote:Warriors by a huge gap...because they still have two players capable of making star level contributions

The same Warriors who are 13-10 without Curry this year?
reborn123
Pro Prospect
And1: 780

Post#36 » by reborn123 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:38 am

Why are people voting the Warriors? They obviously have trouble without their complete big 4. I voted Raptors.
JordansBulls
RealGM
And1: 5,314

Post#37 » by JordansBulls » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:56 am

Cavs had Lebron and Rose as MVP players and then Lebron and Wade for Finals mvp players with historic finals and then had Isaiah and Love as other allstars at the same time. So if at the beginning of the season it would be them. But because I don't want to get in trouble I would say currently it would have to be Portland. :lol:
"Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships."
- Michael Jordan
joeyAdaMan
Analyst

Post#38 » by joeyAdaMan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:37 am

clyde21 wrote:
joeyAdaMan wrote:Warriors by a huge gap...because they still have two players capable of making star level contributions

The same Warriors who are 13-10 without Curry this year?

Did Durant or any of the other stars miss time in those 23 games as well? I mean, nobody is denying that Steph is the engine of the Warriors or anything.
Volcano wrote:Kobe must the best at everything. He's faster than Westbrook and stronger than Dwight. He's taller than Yao Ming and shorter than Earl Boykins. Nothing you say is going to change their minds.
joeyAdaMan
Analyst

Post#39 » by joeyAdaMan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:39 am

JordansBulls wrote:Cavs had Lebron and Rose as MVP players and then Lebron and Wade for Finals mvp players with historic finals and then had Isaiah and Love as other allstars at the same time. So if at the beginning of the season it would be them. But because I don't want to get in trouble I would say currently it would have to be Portland. :lol:

Bro...you keep referencing Rose as an MVP....as if he's been remotely close to that(highly overrated) MVP caliber player he was in the last 7 years....he hasn't.... :crazy:
PierceFan4ever
RealGM
And1: 38,420

Post#40 » by PierceFan4ever » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:40 am

Celtics

Return to The General Board