Tony Parker calls out Kawhi

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Re: Tony Parker calls out Kawhi 

Post#141 » by Spens1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:31 am

ISayshowmee wrote:Trade Kawhi for Julius Randle and IT.

don't put that evil on the spurs.

Randle for Kawhi though would be the dream. Give them the cavs first and a 2020 first too actually.

George + Kawhi would be mint.
johanliebert
General Manager
And1: 5,665

Post#142 » by johanliebert » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:34 am

trwi7 wrote:
NY 567 wrote:Pop has been exposed. He wasn't the one that sustained this operation, it was Duncan, on and off the court. These morons are really trying to run Leonard out of SA.

Pop has led a bunch of geriatrics and role players to a 42-30 record. I think he's doing an okay job.

To lose in the first round. He gets too much credit for Duncan's work.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#143 » by Spens1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:00 am

BombsquadSammy wrote:The reactions in this thread are fascinating to me: either Pop is a lowdown conniving snake or Leonard is a quitter and a selfish, terrible teammate, and in either case, the other side is the wholly-innocent victim. Suddenly Pop isn't the coach, mentor, and leader who's helped make the Spurs the most successful franchise of the last two decades, or else Leonard isn't the humble, hard-working, inspiring mid-first-round-pick-to-MVP-candidate success story-- all because of about six week's worth of rumors and half-stories.

Real life simply isn't that simple and tidy; we just don't know the entire situation, and in all probability, both sides have done some right and some wrong because both sides are just trying to do the right thing from their perspectives. All this 'Pop is good/bad now', 'Leonard is good/bad now' oversimplifying, while expected and even understandable, is wrongheaded. None of us knows the full story and none of us will until it's resolved.

honestly believe its both.

Pop has somehow managed to get even angrier in his old age and doesn't have the paitence to deal with this. Also Kawhi isn't handling this well at all either.
2LeTTeRS
Senior
And1: 465

Post#144 » by 2LeTTeRS » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:11 am

I have no problem with what Leonard's doing if his body doesn't feel right. Kawhi should be making the decision that benefits him best over the entirety of his career -- and if his team doesn't share his vision that's on them.

On the other hand I actually question what the Spurs have to gain with their approach. We've now seen the 2 highest profile Spurs publicly chastise him, after being discussed in ominous terms by Pop throughout the season. While no one has directly disparaged Kawhi's character; seemingly downplaying the severity of the injury cannot be a good strategy to retain the only bluechip talent on the roster.

Feels weird to say this about the Spurs; but, they need to keep their long-term interests in mind, and not just worry about today.
GopherIt!
RealGM
And1: 24,145

Post#145 » by GopherIt! » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:38 am

BombsquadSammy wrote:The reactions in this thread are fascinating to me: either Pop is a lowdown conniving snake or Leonard is a quitter and a selfish, terrible teammate, and in either case, the other side is the wholly-innocent victim. Suddenly Pop isn't the coach, mentor, and leader who's helped make the Spurs the most successful franchise of the last two decades, or else Leonard isn't the humble, hard-working, inspiring mid-first-round-pick-to-MVP-candidate success story-- all because of about six week's worth of rumors and half-stories.

Real life simply isn't that simple and tidy; we just don't know the entire situation, and in all probability, both sides have done some right and some wrong because both sides are just trying to do the right thing from their perspectives. All this 'Pop is good/bad now', 'Leonard is good/bad now' oversimplifying, while expected and even understandable, is wrongheaded. None of us knows the full story and none of us will until it's resolved.

quit it. your being rational and it's making my head hurt.
-TheDocOfDenial
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,179

Post#146 » by -TheDocOfDenial » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:40 am

johanliebert wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
NY 567 wrote:Pop has been exposed. He wasn't the one that sustained this operation, it was Duncan, on and off the court. These morons are really trying to run Leonard out of SA.

Pop has led a bunch of geriatrics and role players to a 42-30 record. I think he's doing an okay job.

Yea it was duncan that carried pop in 2014 for sure. Here comes the advanced stats with no context.
Slim Charlez
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,451

Post#147 » by Slim Charlez » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:35 pm

Thank you for bringing some rationality. I think one of the main problems in this situation is that too many people are taking the reports coming out at face value when the truth is probably somewhere in between what the Spurs fo is saying and the reports that have been coming out are. In this particular situation I don't believe Pop needs to send out Parker to put pressure on Kawhi like people are implying here. As a future hall of famer and one of the players with the most history with the Spurs I wouldn't be surprised at all if Parker had more of a voice and more clout in the locker room than Kawhi at this point, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he took it upon himself to set up the players only meeting and talking like he is now.
ChuckChilly
Veteran
And1: 2,666

Post#148 » by ChuckChilly » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:59 pm

johanliebert wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

How much work did Phil Jackson do, to you?
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#149 » by Dupp » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:04 pm

ChuckChilly wrote:
johanliebert wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

How much work did Phil Jackson do, to you?

He carried Shaq, Kobe, MJ, pippen etc. Coincidentally he had a sore shoulder every time he didn’t have all time great talent and couldn’t coach. Very unlucky.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,294

Post#150 » by Black Jack » Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:56 am

I had to jump in here. Seriously is there a bigger snake teammate in the NBA than Tony Parker? I don't think I have to spell this one out.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf

Return to The General Board