Tony Parker calls out Kawhi

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Re: Tony Parker calls out Kawhi 

Post#61 » by Mister Ze » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:47 pm

Lost Angel wrote:so Kawhi has $200m in the line this summer, a Spurs team that has no shot against the Warriors or Rockets, and a team that’s publicly pressuring him when it’s obviously he should just focus on getting stronger for next season?

on the other hand, the Spurs have a player that isn’t really telling them what’s going on, and seems to be playing mind games.

All of them are idiots

"No shot" seems like a stretch. GS is battling injuries and the Rockets were eliminated last year in the final game without Leonard. Obviously the Spurs aren't the favourites to win either of those matchups but the notion that he shouldn't return cause they'll lose anyway doesn't seem reasonable.

Spurs made it to the 7th seed without Leonard and now they've got a chance to get a former MVP candidate back. Anything is possible, like Baron Davis's 8th seed Warriors vs the 67 win Mavs.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#62 » by Dupp » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:47 pm

Not everyone has the same body, Parker has no idea how kawhis body would recover compared to his.

It’s nice he trusted the spurs but kawhi within his rights to get as many opinions as he wants it’s hos career on the line.

Also as others have said Parker is a bit of a scum bag and should stay in his lane.
RIP Kobe
Analyst
And1: 4,505

Post#63 » by RIP Kobe » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:51 pm

Master Ze wrote:
DROB27 wrote:
Once again
His own doctors haven’t cleared him

So you're insinuating that the Spurs doctors are incorrect in their assessment of Leonard's injury? That even though he's been cleared for weeks they're wrong?

fyi.. doctors can be wrong. it's always good to get a second opinion. i was misdiagnosed with my knee injury and they said "you'll recover just go back to playing in a month" .. turns out i had a fully torn acl and i did MORE damage to my knee. i'm good now after surgery but still the additional damage i did could have been avoided.
Porz
Junior
And1: 276

Post#64 » by Porz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:52 pm

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Pop 'bout to trade Kawhi for Ayton or Doncic.

Yes, give me Doncic. In the rebuild mode anyway soon. :nod:
Luka Doncic life matters too. No to racism!
SeattleJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,379

Post#65 » by SeattleJazzFan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:55 pm

lol @ anybody excusing kawhi because his doctors haven't cleared him. he's paying them **** tons of money - they won't clear him until he tells them to clear him.
Pan Jia Yuan
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,859

Post#66 » by Pan Jia Yuan » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:57 pm

trouble in paradise?
I've come to the conclusion that most folks don't really care that you broke one of the rules... they just enjoy telling you that you broke it.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#67 » by HurricaneKid » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:57 pm

FTR, the Spurs docs cleared him like THREE MONTHS AGO.

I don't know what is going on but I know we don't know the whole story here.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#68 » by TMU » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:05 pm

SeattleJazzFan wrote:lol @ anybody excusing kawhi because his doctors haven't cleared him. he's paying them **** tons of money - they won't clear him until he tells them to clear him.

This is true. I'm not ready to imply that Kawhi is bribing those outside physicians, but it's incredibly easy for physicians to not clear Kawhi just based on his "symptoms".
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,618

Post#69 » by infinite11285 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:07 pm

CountOnAlex wrote:
Master Ze wrote:
DROB27 wrote:
Once again
His own doctors haven’t cleared him

So you're insinuating that the Spurs doctors are incorrect in their assessment of Leonard's injury? That even though he's been cleared for weeks they're wrong?

fyi.. doctors can be wrong. it's always good to get a second opinion.

He received a second opinion when he consulted doctors in NY and they cleared him too. The only doctors holding him out are his own personal doctors.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#70 » by Dupp » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:10 pm

HurricaneKid wrote:FTR, the Spurs docs cleared him like THREE MONTHS AGO.

How do you know he was cleared? Not saying you’re wrong just curious. All I’ve seen is conflicting reports in the media.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,312

Post#71 » by CIN-C-STAR » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:12 pm

TMU wrote:
SeattleJazzFan wrote:lol @ anybody excusing kawhi because his doctors haven't cleared him. he's paying them **** tons of money - they won't clear him until he tells them to clear him.

This is true. I'm not ready to imply that Kawhi is bribing those outside physicians, but it's incredibly easy for physicians to not clear Kawhi just based on his "symptoms".

Yeah I'm all for players getting a second or even third opinion if they want, but that idea can be abused too.
I'm not saying it's the case with Kawhi, but all a player has to do is find a doctor that says he wouldn't clear him if he is experiencing any amount of pain, and then tell that doctor he is still experiencing pain. Then he would never get cleared.
That's why ideally there has to be compromise and trust on both sides. It does seem like maybe Kawhi isn't willing to compromise at all, and that both sides have lost some of that trust.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,618

Post#72 » by infinite11285 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:15 pm

Dupp wrote:
HurricaneKid wrote:FTR, the Spurs docs cleared him like THREE MONTHS AGO.

How do you know he was cleared? Not saying you’re wrong just curious. All I’ve seen is conflicting reports in the media.

It's been widely reported the Spurs medical staff cleared him months ago. Here's a link to one such report: http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/02/21/report-kawhi-leonard-cleared-medically-seeking-second-opinion/

I haven't seen a single report stating the Spurs medical staff hasn't cleared him.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#73 » by NCHeels2008 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Considering the Spurs' reputation for caution with other players, I tend to trust their doctors with Kawhi
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,483

Post#74 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:20 pm

Lmao @ Pop is a snake

Seriously one of the most dumbest theories an things I've ever seen said on here
badpotato
Sophomore
And1: 369

Post#75 » by badpotato » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:20 pm

At this point I'm really counting that genuine injury concerns are the reason for Kwahi delay.
If it's the power play to maximise his earnings, then i'm out of respect for him.

By the way for all the people praising his smart decission, please try to remeber that he's being paid 20mls to sit on his ass despite being cleared for 3 months THIS SEASON. He's barely around the team during that stretch.

And Spurs are no Celtics - they have history of taking care of their players.
When the individual feels, the community reels.
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,483

Post#76 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:24 pm

Pillendreher wrote:I don't think they're trying to run him out of town. I think they're either trying to 'score points' PR wise because they sense he's going to want to leave in the summer or they're trying to bully him into getting back on the court.

Or maybe just speaking the truth. He is getting paid to play basketball. If he's healthy he should play and its BS that he's not...If I was his teammate I'd be pissed off too
vxmike
Head Coach
And1: 4,012

Post#77 » by vxmike » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:28 pm

We might be watching the Spurs unravel after 20 years of greatness. Really sad times. They're already light on assets and facing a possible trade of their star which never returns fair value. Pau, Manu and Tony are ancient. Might be time for a rebuild here.
taj2133
General Manager
And1: 2,972

Post#78 » by taj2133 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:30 pm

From what I have heard is that Kawhi's uncle has pretty much brainwashed him into not wanting to play for the Spurs anymore. His uncle has always wanted him in LA since day 1 and now is using this bogus injury to justify him not wanting to play for the Spurs. Can't blame the Spurs or their players for the way they have handled it. This is all on Kawhi.
TMU
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 10,411

Post#79 » by TMU » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:31 pm

BeatDaCavs420 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:I don't think they're trying to run him out of town. I think they're either trying to 'score points' PR wise because they sense he's going to want to leave in the summer or they're trying to bully him into getting back on the court.

Or maybe just speaking the truth. He is getting paid to play basketball. If he's healthy he should play and its BS that he's not...If I was his teammate I'd be pissed off too

If anything, Pops has maintained a neutral stance throughout this whole drama and hasn't made any specific comment to dissuade the public in one way or another. He's just in a very unfortunate situation because he knows he's in a lose-lose situation.

Every on the Spurs roster has worked their ass off without their superstar and it's incredible to think that they will make the playoffs again this year. Heck yeah, Tony Parker has every right to be upset.
MrBigShot
RealGM
And1: 17,077

Post#80 » by MrBigShot » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:32 pm

alienswon wrote:I think he just trying to get paid now at this point. He doesnt need to play. I believe his agents are selling him playing and risking further injury will just hurt his stock. His value is at its highest, and can only remain that way if he doesnt play. Also, Cousins's injury is an example of diminishing your value, but Kawhi had already earned a high value unlike Counsins so he does not have to play at all if he does not want to.

Yes, this 100%. I've lost a lot of respect for Kawhi tbh. This isn't a guy in his last year of a rookie deal looking to get paid, he's making ~19 mil this year and has another 40 mil left on this contract. He's already an established superstar in this league, he'll get his money. He's essentially getting paid to do nothing at this point.
"They say you miss 100% of the shots you take" - Mike James

Return to The General Board