Golic/Wingo fizzling; Replace Molly with Cain

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,953

Re: Golic/Wingo fizzling; Replace Molly with Cain 

Post#21 » by Shock Defeat » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:16 pm

I agree that Will Cain is a great troll and fits the persona of one. Skip is the OG though so it's hard not to compare Will Cain to Skip even though Skip has been doing this for a long time while Will is just starting out. Ironically Will Cain might be better paired up with Shannon Sharpe. The chemistry between those two might be gold.
ronnymac2
RealGM
And1: 4,881

Post#22 » by ronnymac2 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:31 pm

I don't know who Golic and Wingo are, so when I saw "Replace Molly with Cain", I thought this would be a thread about some doctor telling basketball players that they should use cocaine instead of molly.
Pay no mind to the battles you've won
It'll take a lot more than rage and muscle
Open your heart and hands, my son
Or you'll never make it over the river
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,278

Post#23 » by PhilBlackson » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:44 pm

clyde21 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
clyde21 wrote:I still don't understand what the point of Molly (or the Molly role in general) is other than looking good. She literally just sits there the entire time.

I'm not saying it to be funny, I believe her & Joy on Undisputed are only placed there by the TV executives to have each major ethnicity in America represented. Shannon/Stephen A, Skip/Max, Molly/Joy...coincidence?! I doubt it.

Well Molly is Middle Eastern and Joy is Hispanic but I know what you're saying. It's pretty funny. :lol:

That said, both Molly and Joy are completely useless. Not sure how much $$$ they're getting but that seems like a pretty sweet gig.

My bad :oops: :lol:

I totally thought Molly was hispanic, I'm legit lol at myself...although I'm sure I'm not the only one who's made that mistake. Like others said the other part of it of course is the eye candy but it's all about "appealing to a broader audience" and yeah pretty damn sweet to likely get paid great money to simply read a topic then sit there and day dream while Stephen A yells at the top of his lungs words he doesn't fully understand.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#24 » by PKABOOICU » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:29 am

Max Kellerman is really good in First Take. I dont mind SAS either, and Im all for replacing Molly with Will Cain.
McKenna
Rookie
And1: 1,117

Post#25 » by McKenna » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:31 am

rottweiler93 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:I still don't understand what the point of Molly (or the Molly role in general) is other than looking good. She literally just sits there the entire time.

to make people watch? sex sells

It's so that you can zone out when Stephen A starts banging on and just think about Molly's tits instead.
Plutonashfan
Analyst
And1: 3,128

Post#26 » by Plutonashfan » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:34 am

E-Balla wrote:Will Cain is a bigot that needs to be fired if anything.

Dude is probably a Trump supporter.
The Champ is HERE!!!
I beg to differ
Veteran
And1: 4,692

Post#27 » by I beg to differ » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:37 am

Shock Defeat wrote: Ironically Will Cain might be better paired up with Shannon Sharpe. The chemistry between those two might be gold.

WIYILL. WIYILL. WYILL.
RCM88x
RealGM
And1: 18,975

Post#28 » by RCM88x » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:49 am

The problem with Golic and Wingo is that they refuse to talk about sports 90% of the time and Wingo tries way too hard.

When they stay on topic and talk about things that people actually care about, its fine enough. Always be about 1,000,000 time better than the guy on Fox Sports in the morning.

LookToShoot wrote:Melo is the only player that makes the Rockets watchable for the basketball purists. Otherwise it would just be three point shots and pick n roll.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#29 » by Dominator83 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:49 am

First take was way better back when it was "Cold Pizza". The first take portion was " 1st and 10", and it was PART of the show, but not the entire 2 hours.

The hot debate thing was good to have in those doses. But they went overkill when they turned the entire 2 hours show into it. Classic case of too much of a good thing is a bad thing
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 11,182

Post#30 » by eyeatoma » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:53 am

Thread title should be labeled OT.
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#31 » by macNcheese3 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:54 am

Laimbeer wrote:OK, I'll start with a disclaimer. I know a significant number of folks here dislike ESPN, ESPN talk shows, and Stephen A Smith in particular. You can drop a "I hate those shows don't watch them who cares they're awful" comment if you must. But I watch on occasion and wonder what other takes there are on these developments.

Greenberg left Mike & Mike and the show took a dive as far as I'm concerned. ESPN seems to agree as I understand they're being kicked downstairs to ESPN News. Golic's kid gives me the creeps anyway.

Greenberg has his own show starting in April which I'm guessing will be more bearable but not up to the old Mike & Mike. Hopefully they'll realize the break up was a mistake, but the dislike they developed for one another was pretty apparent. Not much hope there.

First Take is miles better with Cain in for Molly. He brings a sharp third voice to the discussion and Smith seems to go off on less of his moronic rants. Make Will permanent.

Molly is strictly eye candy. She brings zero to the discussion. Asks a couple of questions "so Stephan A...."
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#32 » by macNcheese3 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:55 am

that is exactly the point and her role. quite sad.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,550

Post#33 » by Dominator83 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:59 am

eyeatoma wrote:Thread title should be labeled OT.

While I certainly agree, it is kinda nice to have a thread about something other than Lebron, Golden State, or IT2 (who I have no idea why he's in that class lol)
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Deezzraptors
Pro Prospect
And1: 417

Post#34 » by Deezzraptors » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:07 am

Molly is amazing on that show
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#35 » by dlts20 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:43 am

All 3 on undisputed are way better than the 3 on first take. Way better
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#36 » by Scalabrine » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:48 am

Am I the only one who thought this was about drugs?
Go Knicks!
reborn123
Pro Prospect
And1: 780

Post#37 » by reborn123 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:54 am

Wouldn’t say Molly Qerim is useless, she’s there to moderate the discussion. Without her, the show wouldn’t end because Max and Stephen A would just continue their bickering.
Edug27
RealGM
And1: 8,204

Post#38 » by Edug27 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:18 am

I’m a big ESPN and FS1 radio guy. I use to love Mike and Mike. It was the best part of my morning commute. Something about Greeny... I could listen to him talk for hours. I was sad to see them split. Golic and Wingo are a mess. Wingo has a corny sense of humor. His jokes make me cringe. And both do nothing but agree with one another about the basic stuff. It needs to end soon. And Golics son is just annoying. His voice. His opinions. How he speaks. Everything. He talks as if he’s reading off a script.

First Take is great with Stephen A and Max. Both compliment each other well and have very interesting perspectives. I love the back and forth. I’m a big Stepen A fan. Again, another guy I can listen to talk for hours. I love the screaming and cockiness. Max has been a solid replacement for Skip here. He knows his stuff. I do like the idea of Will Cain replacing Molly though. But I guess every show needs a female face in the mix.

I don’t mind the Will Cain show I guess. I don’t often agree with him.. and that NCAA tournament challenge thing he did recently where you have to eat something pending on who won the game .. was a disaster and so not funny or interesting. How anyone on that set thought that was a good idea is beyond me... but otherwise he makes for decent radio. His opinions are controversial and that’s what ESPN loves.

FS1 is interesting.... I really don’t like Skip and Shannon. Skip isn’t as interesting as he was on ESPN for some reason. And Shannon plays too much of a character role. Like he’s tries to be funny and gimmicky. Colin Cowherd has interesting takes. Sometimes annoyingly interesting though. Like he dumbs everything down was too much.. “If you’re tall and fast, you will be a great player. It’s that simple folks. Let’s not overthink this”. Sigh.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#39 » by Spens1 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:05 am

reborn123 wrote:Wouldn’t say Molly Qerim is useless, she’s there to moderate the discussion. Without her, the show wouldn’t end because Max and Stephen A would just continue their bickering.

the issue is she often tries to get in her two cents also and doesn't add anything to the conversation. As a moderator i think Nichols does a better job than her.
Cartuse
Rookie
And1: 1,130

Post#40 » by Cartuse » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:11 am

I cannot be the only one who thought this thread was about changing drug consumption habits

Return to The General Board