Draft order - Suns, Kings, Hawks

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who would you take #1?

Ayton
47%
Bagley
2%
Bamba
6%
Carter
No votes
Doncic
43%
Jackson
No votes
Porter
1%
Young
1%

Total votes: 149

kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,630

Re: LOTTO complete SUNS,KINGS, HAWKS 

Post#881 » by kg01 » Mon May 21, 2018 12:39 pm

urgal wrote:
RightToCensor wrote:...
They also could, and should, make a draft day trade with Dennis. Maybe if Phoenix drafts Ayton that could open up talks of Dennis to the Suns since they need a NBA PG. Phoenix has the #31 pick that feels like fair value for Atlanta as a straight up swap...

They're not getting Dennis Schröder for a 2nd round pick. They guy is still a young starting calibre point guard on a great deal with two-way potential (because he actually has the physical tools to be a good defender).

I think Schröder just hasn't been motivated enough in ATL lately since he's playing for a franchise that lets coaches go because they were winning too much games.

Anyone remember Schröders playoff series against WAS a year ago?: 25/8/2 on 45.5 % FG and 42.5 %

He'd be great fit in PHX I agree but they're not getting him a for salary dump

First, we didn't let the coach go. He quit after saying he was on board with our rebuild.

Second, you make some salient points about Dennis and the perception that's grown about him. He's not a bad defender, he just played bad defense this year. There is some question as to whether or not this was by design due to the tank-job. Long story long, he's a good defender when engaged.

I also believe, in an environment where winning matters, he'll do quite well. The last time he was in a winning situation, he made Teague expendable.
king01 :king:
Jstock12
RealGM
And1: 17,289

Post#882 » by Jstock12 » Mon May 21, 2018 8:00 pm

kg01 wrote:
urgal wrote:
They also could, and should, make a draft day trade with Dennis. Maybe if Phoenix drafts Ayton that could open up talks of Dennis to the Suns since they need a NBA PG. Phoenix has the #31 pick that feels like fair value for Atlanta as a straight up swap...

They're not getting Dennis Schröder for a 2nd round pick. They guy is still a young starting calibre point guard on a great deal with two-way potential (because he actually has the physical tools to be a good defender).

I think Schröder just hasn't been motivated enough in ATL lately since he's playing for a franchise that lets coaches go because they were winning too much games.

Anyone remember Schröders playoff series against WAS a year ago?: 25/8/2 on 45.5 % FG and 42.5 %

First, we didn't let the coach go. He quit after saying he was on board with our rebuild.

Second, you make some salient points about Dennis and the perception that's grown about him. He's not a bad defender, he just played bad defense this year. There is some question as to whether or not this was by design due to the tank-job. Long story long, he's a good defender when engaged.

I also believe, in an environment where winning matters, he'll do quite well. The last time he was in a winning situation, he made Teague expendable.

I have no clue about Schroeder's defense, but I notice Houston fans are saying the same about Harden. "He's a fantastic defender when engaged."
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#883 » by King Ken » Wed May 23, 2018 7:16 am

kg01 wrote:
urgal wrote:

:nonono: :noway: RealGM has some terrible hot takes. Thanks for shutting down the nonsense on the last page on Dennis kg.
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,451

Post#884 » by Snotbubbles » Wed May 23, 2018 3:53 pm

King Ken wrote:
kg01 wrote:
urgal wrote:They're not getting Dennis Schröder for a 2nd round pick. They guy is still a young starting calibre point guard on a great deal with two-way potential (because he actually has the physical tools to be a good defender).

:nonono: :noway: RealGM has some terrible hot takes. Thanks for shutting down the nonsense on the last page on Dennis kg.

"He's not a bad defender, he just played bad defense..." :lol:
New_Hawks_Era
Junior
And1: 233

Post#885 » by New_Hawks_Era » Wed May 23, 2018 5:17 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:
King Ken wrote:
kg01 wrote:

He just tuned out and lost interest in being his best on defense with that team last season. But I can see how that would sound to other teams fans who don't watch him on a game to game basis. Take it from someone who has watched him since his rookie year, his on the ball defense can be Patrick Beverley like at times.
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,451

Post#886 » by Snotbubbles » Thu May 24, 2018 10:59 am

New_Hawks_Era wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:
King Ken wrote: :nonono: :noway: RealGM has some terrible hot takes. Thanks for shutting down the nonsense on the last page on Dennis kg.

He just tuned out and lost interest in being his best on defense with that team last season. But I can see how that would sound to other teams fans who don't watch him on a game to game basis. Take it from someone who has watched him since his rookie year, his on the ball defense can be Patrick Beverley like at times.

Yet looking at his stats, they indicate that he's never been a good defender.

Career DRtg 109
Career DBPM -1.6

I mean James Harden gets blasted on here as being a bad defender and he has better defensive numbers than Schroder. Heck, Harden's worst year DBPM was -1.1, Schroder's best was -.9. Schoder is on the path to Marco Belinelli-type defensive numbers and Belinelli couldn't guard my grandmother.
King Ken
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#887 » by King Ken » Thu May 24, 2018 1:24 pm

Snotbubbles wrote:
New_Hawks_Era wrote:
Snotbubbles wrote:

Yet looking at his stats, they indicate that he's never been a good defender.

Career DRtg 109
Career DBPM -1.6

I mean James Harden gets blasted on here as being a bad defender and he has better defensive numbers than Schroder. Heck, Harden's worst year DBPM was -1.1, Schroder's best was -.9. Schoder is on the path to Marco Belinelli-type defensive numbers and Belinelli couldn't guard my grandmother.

Hes a poor PnR and off ball defender. His man defense is good. He was a good defensive player with Al Horford but there is only one Al Horford and everyone is good with him
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,318

Post#888 » by Clyde Frazier » Thu May 24, 2018 9:57 pm

Awesome resource for historical combine data if it hasn't been posted yet:

https://public.tableau.com/profile/jared.dubin#!/vizhome/NBACombine/Sheet1
magnumt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 15,046
Location: Gott'a Stick To My Girls Like Glue, Ain't No No. 2 Here...Sean Paul Style, Baby Gyrl!!!

Post#889 » by magnumt » Sat May 26, 2018 8:10 pm

The Top 3 who lead my Big Board for the Knicks are:
    • Mikal Bridges
    • Trae Young
    • Collin Sexton

At the bottom of it (but I'll still support them if they're Drafted by us):
    • Poeter (injury risk is a HUGE concern for me given our current makeup)
    • Carter (fit concerns for us)

Thoughts?! :dontknow:

--Mags :beer:
BAF 1.0 - Wizards: Year 2
PG: Kemba Walker (32) / Rivers (16) / Felton
SG: Evan Fournier (28) / Evans (20) / Dotson
SF: Gordon Hayward (36)/ Delly (12) / Dudley
PF: Kevin Love (36) / Frye (12) / Ellenson
C: Pau Gasol (32) / Noah (16) / Felicio

magnumt6
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,280

Post#890 » by PhilBlackson » Mon May 28, 2018 2:16 am

magnumt wrote:The Top 3 who lead my Big Board for the Knicks are:
    • Mikal Bridges
    • Trae Young
    • Collin Sexton

At the bottom of it (but I'll still support them if they're Drafted by us):
    • Poeter (injury risk is a HUGE concern for me given our current makeup)
    • Carter (fit concerns for us)

Thoughts?! :dontknow:

--Mags :beer:

I don't see Young getting past ORL (period).

But I'd actually swap Porter Jr and Carter with Sexton and Bridges for your team. I think you guys just need to be patient with Frank and he could end up better than Sexton imo due to his length and more promising shooting touch. Bridges is a nice piece but when KP gets back you guys won't get an opportunity like this again to draft high so imo you have to take players with higher upside.

Whichever guy CHI doesn't take out of Porter Jr (who I get a feeling they will take the chance) or Carter, I'd take. I like either for your team. I see some "Horford" in Carter so idk why fit would be a concern because given his wingspan he can be interchangeable at the PF/C positions and KP can do likewise. Please don't see you're factoring Kanter because he's an ok piece but he's nothing you factor in long term as he's just a roleplayer especially since he sucks defensively which you need. Of course Porter Jr would be swinging on the homerun which again I would suggest because Kristaps had you guys battling for a Playoff spot n will again next year. If your franchise takes their time with his recover all of sudden you have an incredible duo that could suddenly catapult the Knicks into conversation for top future teams. Seems like a no brainer to me versus the "safe picks" that will only get you stuck on a treadmill. Just my 2c.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,905

Post#891 » by FlatearthZorro » Fri Jun 1, 2018 8:25 pm

I think Miles Bridges is the dark horse in this year's draft and he will be drafted outside of the top 10. His potential is off the hook, can shoot, sick athlete, very strong.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
NaturalBuns
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,463

Post#892 » by NaturalBuns » Sat Jun 2, 2018 11:04 pm

urgal wrote:

They're not getting Dennis Schröder for a 2nd round pick. The guy is still a young starting calibre point guard on a great deal with two-way potential (because he actually has the physical tools to be a good defender).

I just can't see the suns throwing a mid 1st for him when they have Brandon knight who has not even really played in phx but at his peak is just as good as schroder.

I don't see a major upgrade for them to do that
oldscho0led wrote:Baseball is all about momentum. Pirates will carry their winning ways and beat Giants in the Wildcard.

A's over Royals. Lester and experience will prove that he's worth the trade.

Tigers winning it all. Tigers are, imo, peaking at the right time.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#893 » by jason bourne » Tue Jun 5, 2018 7:08 am

Clyde Frazier wrote:Awesome resource for historical combine data if it hasn't been posted yet:

Mo Bamba could be another Rudy Gobert with better offense.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
and1GS
RealGM
And1: 2,726
Location: home of 4x champs, 1x AS starter, supporter of checkbook wins and all-time weakest moves

Post#894 » by and1GS » Wed Jun 6, 2018 5:41 pm

jason bourne wrote:
Clyde Frazier wrote:Awesome resource for historical combine data if it hasn't been posted yet:

This may be the most aggressive player comp I've seen since DeShawn Stevenson was compared to MJ on nbadraft.net
"The dynasty doesn't start with you, it starts after you" :lol: :lol:

KevinMcreynolds wrote:hopefully JK laid some pipe on the strip as well, gotta get those reps in
zshawn10
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,390

Post#895 » by zshawn10 » Wed Jun 6, 2018 7:46 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#896 » by jason bourne » Wed Jun 6, 2018 7:53 pm

and1GS wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

This may be the most aggressive player comp I've seen since DeShawn Stevenson was compared to MJ on nbadraft.net

I like Mo Bamba and it's not just nbadraft.net. Mark Cuban and Danny Ainge like him, too. For the Mavs, Bamba-Smith Jr-Barnes-Matthews-Dirk. That's four shooters and a potential Rudy Gobert. Same with Ainge's thinking.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#897 » by Pinkyring » Thu Jun 7, 2018 5:06 pm

jason bourne wrote:
and1GS wrote:
jason bourne wrote:

I like Mo Bamba and it's not just nbadraft.net. Mark Cuban and Danny Ainge like him, too. For the Mavs, Bamba-Smith Jr-Barnes-Matthews-Dirk. That's four shooters and a potential Rudy Gobert. Same with Ainge's thinking.

Please dont bring up wes and Dirk they're done here, hopefully barnes is too after this season, dsj and whoever we draft is our team
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,318

Re: Draft order - Suns, Kings, Hawks 

Post#898 » by Clyde Frazier » Thu Jun 7, 2018 10:10 pm

Givony:

Wow... Reinsdorf is a joke.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,554

Post#899 » by SOUL » Thu Jun 7, 2018 10:12 pm

Posted this in some specific forums, but I made a mock draft if ya'll want to check it out:
http://thedoublescreen.com/words/2018/6/2/2018-mock-draft

It's mostly for fun and light reading (it's gif heavy though so be careful lol), but thought ya'll might enjoy it here.
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,554

Post#900 » by SOUL » Thu Jun 7, 2018 10:12 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:Givony:

Wow... Reinsdorf is a joke.

Jordan Bell didn't make them enough money? :noway:

Return to The General Board