Draft order - Suns, Kings, Hawks

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who would you take #1?

Ayton
47%
Bagley
2%
Bamba
6%
Carter
No votes
Doncic
43%
Jackson
No votes
Porter
1%
Young
1%

Total votes: 149

Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,680

Re: LOTTO complete SUNS,KINGS, HAWKS 

Post#841 » by Sign5 » Thu May 17, 2018 7:15 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:
Sign5 wrote:Unless someone told you Luka has an 80% chance of being the next Manu then you still take Ayton. I'm not sure why there's such a debate?

Ayton has the bigger ceiling and floor.

You're looking at either

D-Rob (best case)
Amare/Kemp(mid)
Towns (worst)

Vs

Manu (best case)
Hedo Turkoglu (worst case)

Ayton's floor is KAT?! lol He's not even as skilled offensively as Towns is. People are completely devaluing KAT since Thibs doesn't know how to use him offensively. Towns is the better ballhandler with greater array of offensive moves. While I agree he has a higher floor than Doncic, you're basically saying his floor is one of the best men in the league (period). While I do think due to his size he can turn out better, I don't think it's a shoe in that he's 100% as good or better.

Then with Doncic, I don't agree with Manu being his ceiling. Doncic shows far more passing ability and overall court awareness n bball IQ than Manu did when he was young. Manu was also primarily a scoring option where as Doncic is more so a playmaker that can score. I think his absolute ceiling is something closer to Harden but team oriented. He simply projects as a much better passer than Manu did.

But I do agree that the ceiling n floor favor Ayton.

The point. :D
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,497

Re: RE: Re: LOTTO complete SUNS,KINGS, HAWKS 

Post#842 » by RIPskaterdude » Thu May 17, 2018 7:18 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:For all the talk about the supposed "Leastern" Conference...the West has 4 out of the top 5 picks headed their way.

Just sayin'
Easier to get wins in the east
D3ko
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#843 » by D3ko » Thu May 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Sign5 wrote:Unless someone told you Luka has an 80% chance of being the next Manu then you still take Ayton. I'm not sure why there's such a debate?

You're looking at either

D-Rob (best case)
Amare/Kemp(mid)
Towns (worst)

Vs

Manu (best case)

You have to be kidding
What about :

Best: cousins
Probably ; miles turner/ whiteside/zbo
Worst ; ibaka /Wcs/ mcgee

You can be as biased as you want but towns is a pick 1 with some of the best 3 years of any player ever, let put the brakes on Ayton.
Who is the opposite of a winner right now,

Ayton will be an 2 time all star in a lottery team , he does not not play basket , he just shoot open shoots and dunk.

How he is better than WCS?
KHRICH
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,551

Post#844 » by KHRICH » Thu May 17, 2018 8:07 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#845 » by Dominator83 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:13 pm

D3ko wrote:

You're looking at either

D-Rob (best case)
Amare/Kemp(mid)
Towns (worst)

Vs

Manu (best case)

You have to be kidding
What about :

You can be as biased as you want but towns is a pick 1 with some of the best 3 years of any player ever, let put the brakes on Ayton.

Ayton will be an 2 time all star in a lottery team , he does not not play basket , he just shoot open shoots and dunk.

Im guessing you mean current Ibaka? because OKC Ibaka was pretty clearly a cut or 2 above WCS/Mcgee
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#846 » by HurricaneKid » Thu May 17, 2018 8:52 pm

Anyone know what is up with Mitchell Robinson?

High end 5star recruit. Committed to Western Ky, but dropped out of school before fall semester even started. Now he has withdrawn from all combine activities. No interviews, testing, nothing.

Could be he got promised. Or could be he got intimidated by superior athletes. So many red flags on him it is weird for him to walk out on the combine like this.
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
Sign5
Head Coach
And1: 9,680

Post#847 » by Sign5 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:05 pm

D3ko wrote:

You're looking at either

D-Rob (best case)
Amare/Kemp(mid)
Towns (worst)

Vs

Manu (best case)

You have to be kidding
What about :

Not biased at all, my team isn't picking him, nor would I say I'm some uber fan of anyone in the draft. However you seem to be biased one saying "hes a 2 time all-star on a lottery team".

Towns is one of the more overrated players in the league with his pourous defense. That said Ayton's floor being towns is obviously very generous but my train of thought was great offensive player with shaky defense.

To your last point, he's more skilled around the basket and has a better jumper for one.

Forget best case/worst case, that can be argued for days. The main point of my post is Ayton has the better ceiling and floor over Luka period.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,536

Post#848 » by codydaze » Thu May 17, 2018 9:16 pm

jonjames wrote:Im interested to see what the kings are gonna do at #2. Wcs and skal are flash in the pan bust so they could go big. Divac would love to add doncic on their roster. However isnt doncic a pg? They just drafted fox last year with tgeir #5:pick.

I wouldn't call WCS a bust, it's not like he was projected to be an all-star or anything. His numbers are solid as well, he's definitely a starting quality center. Skal has been underwhelming but he was also picked in the 20s.

Doncic would fit amazing in the starting lineup next to Fox and Bogdan. Fox is more of a scoring guard than a playmaker and facilitator so having two more ball handlers who can provide the playmaking from the wing would be huge.
HurricaneKid
General Manager
And1: 5,034

Post#849 » by HurricaneKid » Thu May 17, 2018 9:36 pm

Sign5 wrote:
D3ko wrote:

You're looking at either

D-Rob (best case)
Amare/Kemp(mid)
Towns (worst)

Vs

Manu (best case)

You have to be kidding
What about :

Not biased at all, my team isn't picking him, nor would I say I'm some uber fan of anyone in the draft. However you seem to be biased one saying "hes a 2 time all-star on a lottery team".

Towns is one of the more overrated players in the league with his pourous defense. That said Ayton's floor being towns is obviously very generous but my train of thought was great offensive player with shaky defense.

To your last point, he's more skilled around the basket and has a better jumper for one.

Forget best case/worst case, that can be argued for days. The main point of my post is Ayton has the better ceiling and floor over Luka period.

Better floor?

Capela, Whiteside, etc have been completely played off the floor this postseason. Even Embiid has really struggled at times to get out to Horford at the 3 pt line. Ayton is almost comically bad in space. Buffalo put 5 unathletic shooters on the floor and completely bamboozled him. He is a physical marvel and has some really amazing skills, especially for a man his age and size. But suggesting his floor is that high is to ignore the fact that he could easily be horrifyingly bad on PnRs in the NBA and defense altogether.

It is for this reason that I just don't get why so many of the top mocked picks are Cs. It could be 5 of the first 6 picks (Ayton/Bagley/JJJ/Bamba/Carter).
fishnc wrote:If I had a gun with two bullets and I was in a room with Hitler, Bin Laden, and LeBron, I would shoot LeBron twice.
D3ko
Sophomore
And1: 74

Post#850 » by D3ko » Thu May 17, 2018 9:46 pm

codydaze wrote:
jonjames wrote:Im interested to see what the kings are gonna do at #2. Wcs and skal are flash in the pan bust so they could go big. Divac would love to add doncic on their roster. However isnt doncic a pg? They just drafted fox last year with tgeir #5:pick.

I wouldn't call WCS a bust, it's not like he was projected to be an all-star or anything. His numbers are solid as well, he's definitely a starting quality center. Skal has been underwhelming but he was also picked in the 20s.

Doncic would fit amazing in the starting lineup next to Fox and Bogdan. Fox is more of a scoring guard than a playmaker and facilitator so having two more ball handlers who can provide the playmaking from the wing would be huge.

Luka will be really good in Sacramento , he is a special player that will fit in most on the NBA teams , having said that, I don't want Luka in Sacramento, or at least , not with this line up.

Fox and Doncic can work together but Doncic needs a shooter next to him, and free flowing ball movement team, I can't see Fox being that kind of player, Bogdan and Hield fit that bill , but you should move Fox as soon as possible and look for a 3&D SF.

Sacramento does not have good shooters or versatile players yet, I don't know what Skal or Giles are, i do see Doncic helping WCS to improve to be a really good center.

So

Doncic
Bogdan/Hield
3'&D SF
Skal/Giles
WCS

Is a good line up to begin with but it will be a long way to go until playoff time

Otherwise, I could see Phoenix being super with Doncic in 3 years
Doncic
Booker
Josh Jackson
PF ( able to rebound , intimidate and 35% for 3)
Bender with a grown body
Memgrizz0
Sophomore
And1: 251

Post#851 » by Memgrizz0 » Thu May 17, 2018 11:22 pm

Jaren Jackson Jr. will be the best player out of this draft. Mark my words.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#852 » by saintEscaton » Thu May 17, 2018 11:27 pm

Memgrizz0 wrote:Jaren Jackson Jr. will be the best player out of this draft. Mark my words.

I will eat my socks if that turns out to be the case. I would take Bamba over him any day of the week
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,408

Post#853 » by ILOVEIT » Thu May 17, 2018 11:52 pm

Kings - please please PLEASE just take the BPA! Forget Center....(sheesh...think teams would learn by now....Skipping on Jordan, Durant...)
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Marty McFly
RealGM
And1: 9,343

Post#854 » by Marty McFly » Fri May 18, 2018 1:25 am

You're looking at either

D-Rob (best case)
Amare/Kemp(mid)
Towns (worst)

Vs

Manu (best case)

Towns is already better than amare and kemp ever were.

disagree with the manu comp as luka's best best case too.

If Ayton's best case is the admiral, than Luka's is larry bird-lite.
Guano wrote:Fourni3r forgetting he has Bob cousy handles

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
tundraknight
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,920

Post#855 » by tundraknight » Fri May 18, 2018 1:50 am

What are your guys thoughts on Lonnie Walker?

I’ve seen some people say he may end up being the “Donovan Mitchell” of this Draft.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#856 » by Pinkyring » Fri May 18, 2018 2:44 am

Marty McFly wrote:

You're looking at either

D-Rob (best case)
Amare/Kemp(mid)
Towns (worst)

Vs

Manu (best case)

Towns isnt better than amare or kemp those guys showed they can be lead on great teams, towns has shown to lead his teams to the lotto
Marty McFly
RealGM

Post#857 » by Marty McFly » Fri May 18, 2018 2:48 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:

You're looking at either

D-Rob (best case)
Amare/Kemp(mid)
Towns (worst)

Vs

Manu (best case)

Towns isnt better than amare or kemp those guys showed they can be lead on great teams, towns has shown to lead his teams to the lotto

oh look, someone who's never heard of steve nash or gary payton.

Woodsanity wrote:Imagine trusting a team with World B Flat on it without Lebron keeping him in check.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#858 » by Pinkyring » Fri May 18, 2018 2:56 am

Marty McFly wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:Towns is already better than amare and kemp ever were.

Sure i have, both guys were still lead dogs on contending teams, wake me up when kat does that, he is just a soft big offensive big
Marty McFly
RealGM

Post#859 » by Marty McFly » Fri May 18, 2018 3:07 am

Pinkyring wrote:
Marty McFly wrote:
Pinkyring wrote:Towns isnt better than amare or kemp those guys showed they can be lead on great teams, towns has shown to lead his teams to the lotto

Sure i have, both guys were still lead dogs on contending teams, wake me up when kat does that, he is just a soft big offensive big
sure I’ll wake you up when KAT’s won as much as 2 time MVP amare stoudemire.

jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#860 » by jason bourne » Fri May 18, 2018 3:17 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Kings - please please PLEASE just take the BPA! Forget Center....(sheesh...think teams would learn by now....Skipping on Jordan, Durant...)

Smart move by Doncic's handlers to say he may not come out. GM Divac could give him a promise at #2 if he starts drooling on his Euro trip :D. The Kings could use Ayton, but he's likely gone to the Suns.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage

Return to The General Board