Draft order - Suns, Kings, Hawks

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Who would you take #1?

Ayton
47%
Bagley
2%
Bamba
6%
Carter
No votes
Doncic
43%
Jackson
No votes
Porter
1%
Young
1%

Total votes: 149

jolbin
Pro Prospect
And1: 196

Re: LOTTO complete SUNS,KINGS, HAWKS 

Post#861 » by jolbin » Fri May 18, 2018 5:45 am

Sign5 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
Sign5 wrote:Unless someone told you Luka has an 80% chance of being the next Manu then you still take Ayton. I'm not sure why there's such a debate?

Ayton has the bigger ceiling and floor.

You're looking at either

D-Rob (best case)
Amare/Kemp(mid)
Towns (worst)

Vs

Manu (best case)
Hedo Turkoglu (worst case)

Ayton's floor is KAT?! lol He's not even as skilled offensively as Towns is. People are completely devaluing KAT since Thibs doesn't know how to use him offensively. Towns is the better ballhandler with greater array of offensive moves. While I agree he has a higher floor than Doncic, you're basically saying his floor is one of the best men in the league (period). While I do think due to his size he can turn out better, I don't think it's a shoe in that he's 100% as good or better.

Then with Doncic, I don't agree with Manu being his ceiling. Doncic shows far more passing ability and overall court awareness n bball IQ than Manu did when he was young. Manu was also primarily a scoring option where as Doncic is more so a playmaker that can score. I think his absolute ceiling is something closer to Harden but team oriented. He simply projects as a much better passer than Manu did.

But I do agree that the ceiling n floor favor Ayton.

The point. :D

How can Ayton have higher floor? One thing u guys forgot is that all games u saw Ayton play were against low competition, and still he managee to get eliminated in the tournament pretty soon, playing against future accountants and car salesmen.
On the other hand Luka is leading his team to wins in much tougher competition. And then he has lower floor? How? Why? Lmao
Zukkoyaki
Junior
And1: 262

Post#862 » by Zukkoyaki » Fri May 18, 2018 6:19 am

This feels like one of those drafts where half the lottery busts but we get all-stars taken in the 20s and beyond. Lots of compelling talent in the mid to late range.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#863 » by Dominator83 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:38 am

jolbin wrote:
Sign5 wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:
Ayton's floor is KAT?! lol He's not even as skilled offensively as Towns is. People are completely devaluing KAT since Thibs doesn't know how to use him offensively. Towns is the better ballhandler with greater array of offensive moves. While I agree he has a higher floor than Doncic, you're basically saying his floor is one of the best men in the league (period). While I do think due to his size he can turn out better, I don't think it's a shoe in that he's 100% as good or better.

Then with Doncic, I don't agree with Manu being his ceiling. Doncic shows far more passing ability and overall court awareness n bball IQ than Manu did when he was young. Manu was also primarily a scoring option where as Doncic is more so a playmaker that can score. I think his absolute ceiling is something closer to Harden but team oriented. He simply projects as a much better passer than Manu did.

But I do agree that the ceiling n floor favor Ayton.

The point. :D

How can Ayton have higher floor? One thing u guys forgot is that all games u saw Ayton play were against low competition, and still he managee to get eliminated in the tournament pretty soon, playing against future accountants and car salesmen.
On the other hand Luka is leading his team to wins in much tougher competition. And then he has lower floor? How? Why? Lmao

Well I would hope that the degrees those guys will be getting will lead them to something better than a car salesman :lol: , but I get your point
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#864 » by abark » Fri May 18, 2018 5:56 pm

PhilBlackson wrote:For all the talk about the supposed "Leastern" Conference...the West has 4 out of the top 5 picks headed their way.

Just sayin'

The Western Conference bottom feeders do have to play more games against better teams. Teams like the Suns, Grizz, or Mavs might win a few more games in the East.

It's a vicious cycle
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,266

Post#865 » by PhilBlackson » Fri May 18, 2018 7:51 pm

Just read that Ainge is meeting with Porter Jr?! Does anyone know if this story is credible at all??

Read on Twitter

FFS don't tell me he's trading Hayward n drafting MP Jr...watch him turn into KD-lite (skin) n BOS just destroy the league.

#itjustaintfairlol
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
Snotbubbles
Sixth Man
And1: 1,451

Post#866 » by Snotbubbles » Fri May 18, 2018 8:13 pm

abark wrote:
PhilBlackson wrote:For all the talk about the supposed "Leastern" Conference...the West has 4 out of the top 5 picks headed their way.

Just sayin'

The Western Conference bottom feeders do have to play more games against better teams. Teams like the Suns, Grizz, or Mavs might win a few more games in the East.

It's a vicious cycle

Phoenix vs East 6-24 (.200)
Phoenix vs West 15-37 (.288)

Memphis vs East 4-26 (.133)
Memphis vs West 18-34 (.346)

Mavs vs East 10-20 (.333)
Mavs vs West 14-38 (.269)

Looks like only the Mavs did worse against the West than the East.
KHRICH
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,549

Post#868 » by KHRICH » Sat May 19, 2018 2:17 am

PhilBlackson wrote:Just read that Ainge is meeting with Porter Jr?! Does anyone know if this story is credible at all??

Read on Twitter

FFS don't tell me he's trading Hayward n drafting MP Jr...watch him turn into KD-lite (skin) n BOS just destroy the league.

#itjustaintfairlol

Do they have a pick im not aware of?
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Post#869 » by TeamTragic » Sat May 19, 2018 2:44 am

PhilBlackson wrote:Just read that Ainge is meeting with Porter Jr?! Does anyone know if this story is credible at all??

Read on Twitter

#itjustaintfairlol

Ainge is not getting MPJ for an injured Hayward.
Hangtime84
RealGM
And1: 4,387

Post#870 » by Hangtime84 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:11 am

KHRICH wrote:

Read on Twitter

#itjustaintfairlol

2019 first round draft pick | from Memphis Protected 1-8
2019 first round draft pick | Best of from Philadelphia or Sacramento
2019 first round draft pick | from L.A. Clippers 1-14 in 2019 and 1-14 in 2020

Kinda good the Kings are in top 2. Lowers the success of that 2019 Kings pick.
Jcool0 wrote:
aguifs wrote:Do we have a friggin plan?

If the Bulls do, you would be complaining to much to ever hear it.

NBA fan logic we need to trade one of two best players because (Player X) one needs to shine more.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,549

Post#871 » by Dominator83 » Sat May 19, 2018 3:26 am

Hangtime84 wrote:
KHRICH wrote:

Read on Twitter

#itjustaintfairlol

2019 first round draft pick | from Memphis Protected 1-8
2019 first round draft pick | Best of from Philadelphia or Sacramento
2019 first round draft pick | from L.A. Clippers 1-14 in 2019 and 1-14 in 2020

Kinda good the Kings are in top 2. Lowers the success of that 2019 Kings pick.

Assuming their pick doesn't bust or if it's Doncic and he doesn't come over yet
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#872 » by thamadkant » Sun May 20, 2018 1:02 am

DirtybirdGA wrote:I think Luka is more like a wing with pg skills.

there's a term for them... Point Forwards
RightToCensor
Head Coach
And1: 7,410

Post#873 » by RightToCensor » Sun May 20, 2018 2:36 am

I love Atlanta's potential at the draft. They have 4 picks in the top 34 selections, and one of them can get Atlanta any prospect not named Ayton or Doncic. I love Jaren Jackson and think his style of play would be key for a franchise that wants to win.

They also could, and should, make a draft day trade with Dennis. Maybe if Phoenix drafts Ayton that could open up talks of Dennis to the Suns since they need a NBA PG. Phoenix has the #31 pick that feels like fair value for Atlanta as a straight up swap. Atlanta clears money and gets another useful pick and Phoenix gets a quality PG to pair with Booker and Ayton
urgal
Rookie
And1: 1,876

Post#874 » by urgal » Sun May 20, 2018 11:39 am

RightToCensor wrote:...
They also could, and should, make a draft day trade with Dennis. Maybe if Phoenix drafts Ayton that could open up talks of Dennis to the Suns since they need a NBA PG. Phoenix has the #31 pick that feels like fair value for Atlanta as a straight up swap...

They're not getting Dennis Schröder for a 2nd round pick. The guy is still a young starting calibre point guard on a great deal with two-way potential (because he actually has the physical tools to be a good defender).

I think Schröder just hasn't been motivated enough in ATL lately since he's playing for a franchise that lets coaches go because they were winning too much games.

Anyone remember Schröders playoff series against WAS a year ago?: 25/8/2 on 45.5 % FG and 42.5 %

He'd be great fit in PHX I agree but they're not getting him a for salary dump
drekwins
Head Coach
And1: 4,328

Re: LOTTO COUNTDOWN 

Post#875 » by drekwins » Sun May 20, 2018 2:58 pm

New_Hawks_Era wrote:
drekwins wrote:Three teams with the worst owners are left. Suns are cursed with Sarver, Atlanta is notoriously cheap and Sacramento's owner is... odd. At least all of these kids will eventually be free agents after year 7.

No your team is in a league of their own when it comes to bad owners. You have the Thanos of bad ownership, some nerve.

It's easy to say that from the outside looking in. However, without an owner that's willing to spend, an NBA team has no chance. This isn't baseball.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#876 » by stitches » Sun May 20, 2018 4:05 pm

KHRICH wrote:

Read on Twitter

#itjustaintfairlol

I can absolutely see Ainge trading the Sacramento pick for Porter Jr, if he thinks his health is not a concern. Porter fits exactly the mold he seems to love - playmaking, shooting wings with length. He might be trying to construct a team with 1 PG and 4 wings between 6'6" and 6'10", where they can switch everything on D.

This also makes sense if he doesn't like next year's draft(I don't like it for example), I think I'd take healthy Porter over every single player that is likely to be in that draft... maybe except for RJ Barrett... but even with him the jumpshot is a question mark. So yeah... if Porter starts falling to 6-7-8... I can see him trying to swing such a trade.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,451

Post#877 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Sun May 20, 2018 4:59 pm

stitches wrote:
KHRICH wrote:

Read on Twitter

#itjustaintfairlol

I can absolutely see Ainge trading the Sacramento pick for Porter Jr, if he thinks his health is not a concern. Porter fits exactly the mold he seems to love - playmaking, shooting wings with length. He might be trying to construct a team with 1 PG and 4 wings between 6'6" and 6'10", where they can switch everything on D.

This also makes sense if he doesn't like next year's draft(I don't like it for example), I think I'd take healthy Porter over every single player that is likely to be in that draft... maybe except for RJ Barrett... but even with him the jumpshot is a question mark. So yeah... if Porter starts falling to 6-7-8... I can see him trying to swing such a trade.

You forgot that the 2019 Kings pick is not getting you a top 7 pick in this draft. And especially not after Sacramento gets even better via their 2nd overall pick this year.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#878 » by stitches » Sun May 20, 2018 5:05 pm

ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
stitches wrote:
KHRICH wrote:Do they have a pick im not aware of?

You forgot that the 2019 Kings pick is not getting you a top 7 pick in this draft. And especially not after Sacramento gets even better via their 2nd overall pick this year.

I mean... they have other assets.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,451

Post#879 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Sun May 20, 2018 5:28 pm

stitches wrote:
ChiCitySPORTS#1 wrote:
stitches wrote:I can absolutely see Ainge trading the Sacramento pick for Porter Jr, if he thinks his health is not a concern. Porter fits exactly the mold he seems to love - playmaking, shooting wings with length. He might be trying to construct a team with 1 PG and 4 wings between 6'6" and 6'10", where they can switch everything on D.

I mean... they have other assets.

So do other teams? Was just responding to what you wrote.
Bologna Smasher
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,182

Post#880 » by Bologna Smasher » Mon May 21, 2018 4:16 am

Really wish the Kings had enough assets to go after the Grizzlies #4 pick. Jaren Jackson would be a great fit next to Doncic. Wouldn't be surprised to see someone outside of the top 10 make a move to grab him. Could almost guarantee Ainge would be going after him hard if he didn't already have Tatum/Brown/Hayward. Even then, I can still see him doing it if he wants to move Hayward.

Return to The General Board