is PG13 going back to Indy?!

Moderators: infinite11285, Domejandro, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, zimpy27, bwgood77, cupcakesnake

IMF
Junior
And1: 801

Re: is PG13 going back to Indy?! 

Post#41 » by IMF » Wed May 9, 2018 9:31 pm

RakimAbdulJabar wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:
RakimAbdulJabar wrote::lol: what makes you think I fell for any hype? I’ve not thought that highly of him for a while now.

Pacers contending? For what?

Are you new to following the NBA? Because the Pacers were the biggest challengers to the Lebron/Wade Heat 3 straight years in the East, two of those matchups in the ECF.

If the Pacers have been contenders or challengers to the Heat then I must be new to the NBA, they were a speed hump to the Heat, no amount of ear blowing was going to change that

They had a seven game series and two six game series in that span, in both of the 6 game series the Pacers had the series lead at some point. Maybe your memory is a little fuzzy? There were all kinds of articles about how the Heat struggled with the Pacers defense. Met twice in the ECF and it's fair to say the Pacers gave them a tougher time than anyone else in the East at that time.

I don't know if I'd have called them a legit contender but they were maybe a piece away, If Granger's knees don't disintegrate it may have been a different story.
djsunyc wrote:tj mcconnell....the michael jordan of jj barea's.
queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,074

Post#42 » by queridiculo » Wed May 9, 2018 9:34 pm

traax wrote:I guess the Pacers have some dignity, so no, its not gonna happen.

Dignity?

They'd have made out like bandits if they brought back George.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,759

Post#43 » by Revived » Wed May 9, 2018 9:39 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:He's better off signing with philly

No he’s much better off signing with Utah.

Rubio
Mitchell
George
Ingles
Gobert

Now that would be a dynamic team with elite defense and amazing spacing.
Pantsman
Veteran
And1: 3,742

Post#44 » by Pantsman » Wed May 9, 2018 9:44 pm

No but that team might actual beat Cleveland.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 65,133

Post#45 » by Duke4life831 » Wed May 9, 2018 9:53 pm

I think sometimes some people fall into this trap that if youre not a top 5 player or MVP candidate that you cant have a big impact on the game. You add PG to Indy, that is a damn good team, you add him to Philly then all of a sudden that team becomes very very scary. Is PG a MVP level player? No. Can PG make your team a lot better and at the start of the year a legit contender for an all nba team? Hell ya he is.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#46 » by Duke4life831 » Wed May 9, 2018 9:55 pm

Revived wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:He's better off signing with philly

No he’s much better off signing with Utah.

Rubio
Mitchell
George
Ingles
Gobert

Now that would be a dynamic team with elite defense and amazing spacing.

That would be best case scenario for Utah. I consider PG and Hayward to be very similar players on the same level. They loses out on Hayward but get a year of Mitchell running the offense, then the next year basically find your Hayward replacement with PG.

I also agree that team would be scary and hard to stop while being hard to score on.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#47 » by FNQ » Wed May 9, 2018 9:59 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I think sometimes some people fall into this trap that if youre not a top 5 player or MVP candidate that you cant have a big impact on the game. You add PG to Indy, that is a damn good team, you add him to Philly then all of a sudden that team becomes very very scary. Is PG a MVP level player? No. Can PG make your team a lot better and at the start of the year a legit contender for an all nba team? Hell ya he is.

Yup, totally agree. You can have him be the best player on a team and still be very successful too.

Him going back to IND would be crazy, and put IND right back into the 2nd tier of the East behind CLE/BOS. I think it puts them right on par with Toronto and ahead of Washington. Would make a great storyline too.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#48 » by Ballerhogger » Wed May 9, 2018 10:01 pm

He would be better with 76ers but I think he signs with us
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,220

Post#49 » by Mister Ze » Wed May 9, 2018 10:01 pm

I hope he returns, the Pacers would be a bigger power house than what they had in 5-10 years ago
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 27,994

Post#50 » by Domejandro » Wed May 9, 2018 10:05 pm

Could you imagine? I would be absolutely devastated if I was Presti.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#51 » by Duke4life831 » Wed May 9, 2018 10:07 pm

FNQ wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:I think sometimes some people fall into this trap that if youre not a top 5 player or MVP candidate that you cant have a big impact on the game. You add PG to Indy, that is a damn good team, you add him to Philly then all of a sudden that team becomes very very scary. Is PG a MVP level player? No. Can PG make your team a lot better and at the start of the year a legit contender for an all nba team? Hell ya he is.

Yup, totally agree. You can have him be the best player on a team and still be very successful too.

Him going back to IND would be crazy, and put IND right back into the 2nd tier of the East behind CLE/BOS. I think it puts them right on par with Toronto and ahead of Washington. Would make a great storyline too.

Ya just look at Indy this last series, lost by 3pts, 4pts, 3pts, and 4pts. Do people think PG couldnt have helped in that series? PG's first 5 games of the Utah series he averaged 28/6/1 on 45/41/88 shooting (60 TS%). Dont get me wrong he had a horrible game 6, but that doesnt take away the tremendous series he was having leading up to that game.

You replace Bojan with PG in the starting lineup, I think there wouldve been a legit chance that LeBron wouldve been going home in the 1st round. And PG put up those numbers as the #2 option behind Westbrook, so its not like he would come back to Indy and his role and Victor's role from this past year would have to change.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#52 » by FNQ » Wed May 9, 2018 10:12 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Ya just look at Indy this last series, lost by 3pts, 4pts, 3pts, and 4pts. Do people think PG couldnt have helped in that series? PG's first 5 games of the Utah series he averaged 28/6/1 on 45/41/88 shooting (60 TS%). Dont get me wrong he had a horrible game 6, but that doesnt take away the tremendous series he was having leading up to that game.

You replace Bojan with PG in the starting lineup, I think there wouldve been a legit chance that LeBron wouldve been going home in the 1st round. And PG put up those numbers as the #2 option behind Westbrook, so its not like he would come back to Indy and his role and Victor's role from this past year would have to change.

That would be the challenge in my mind - getting PG to be the #2 option behind Dipo. Would be a testament to his character if he could accept the role and be the excellent defender/secondary scorer he was on OKC. And would make IND quite formidable in the East, might even convince a couple people to take a discount to play there.

Still think its a bit of a pipe dream. And if it happened, it would look really really bad for not only Sam Presti, but Magic Johnson/Pelinka as well.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#53 » by Duke4life831 » Wed May 9, 2018 10:17 pm

FNQ wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
FNQ wrote:

That would be the challenge in my mind - getting PG to be the #2 option behind Dipo. Would be a testament to his character if he could accept the role and be the excellent defender/secondary scorer he was on OKC. And would make IND quite formidable in the East, might even convince a couple people to take a discount to play there.

Still think its a bit of a pipe dream. And if it happened, it would look really really bad for not only Sam Presti, but Magic Johnson/Pelinka as well.

I dont think it would be all that hard. In his last 2 years he shot 18 shots a game, this past year as the #2 option behind Westbrook he shot 17 times. Victor this past year shot 18 times, honestly I dont think it would be all that hard to find a way for both guys to get around 17-18 shots a game. I dont think its too difficult to keep 2 stars happy with their role, its when you add that 3rd guy, hes the one that tends to see a significant drop off in his role. And I actually think PG's and Victor's games go pretty well with each other.

And ya I definitely dont think its going to happen, it just would be one of the most entertaining story lines of the summer and going into the season if it did happen. I personally think PG ends up in LA or Philly.
reload141
RealGM
And1: 22,719

Post#54 » by reload141 » Wed May 9, 2018 10:20 pm

Pritchard is straight out trolling PG13. That’s so clear in his comments. No chance he goes back to Indy.
ItsThatEasy
Analyst
And1: 5,031

Post#55 » by ItsThatEasy » Wed May 9, 2018 10:45 pm

Lattimer wrote:Didn't they find he was building his daughters crib in their place in LA already? I know many have 2nd homes there but interesting.

Lol how is fleshing out your home in your actual hometown interesting?
Assistant Coach
And1: 602

Post#56 » by 8305 » Wed May 9, 2018 11:59 pm

Until I hear PG has voiced an interest in returning to indiana I’m saying there is nothing here. Kevin Pritchard made the rounds to all the sports talks shows in Indy yesterday and there was the obligatory PG discussion. What I heard Pritchard say was that it’s a mistake to try to talk someone into staying on your team. They need to want to be there. Pritchard also said he thought Paul wanted to be close to home.

Now Paul’s not the most decisive guy in the world and there is a lot to consider.
How serious is he about wanting to compete for a championship?
Lakers have some nice young pieces but they are a long ways off, even if PG is there. Can they sign two big money free agents? Haven’t seen them sign one yet.

Bottom line, anybodies guess where PG goes.
OrangeBlueSkies
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,111

Post#57 » by OrangeBlueSkies » Thu May 10, 2018 1:22 am

Lost Angel wrote:didn’t realize they had cap space. The realgm article saying they want to see if he “fits” is ridiculous. If he wants to come, they should sign him.

(I’m a lakers fan who wants him in LA, but this is unexpected competition.)

For **** and gigs

Collison
Oladipo
George
Young
Turner
Sabonis
SlowPaced
RealGM
And1: 17,487

Post#58 » by SlowPaced » Thu May 10, 2018 1:26 am

What Pritchard said in the article clearly suggests that he doesn't think too highly of George's character.

Return to The General Board