Luka Doncic will be the best rookie since Lebron.

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Xherdan 23
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,537

Re: Luka Doncic will be the best rookie since Lebron. 

Post#321 » by Xherdan 23 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 8:31 am

Xherdan 23 wrote:Even if everything you say is true it doesn't mean the Suns should take him first.
I think it's obvious that he's the best player in this draft and probably will remain the best in the class until the end of their rookie contracts.

That said, he's not an elite athlete and this limits his potential on defense and offense.
As for his strengths, he is a good shooter and playmaker but how much can he improve these skills? He's not going to shoot like Curry or pass like Magic and that means he's capped as a rich man's Gordon Hayward (with better playmaking but worse defense and athleticism). That's still a great player but I don't know if it's worth taking over Ayton who's potentially (although unlikely) the second coming of David Robinson.

Well, this is embarrassing. Is it too early to say that I nailed it with this pro analysis? :oops:
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
- Jan L. A. van de Snepscheut
wolfram
Junior
And1: 314

Post#322 » by wolfram » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:59 am

Xherdan 23 wrote:
Xherdan 23 wrote:Even if everything you say is true it doesn't mean the Suns should take him first.
I think it's obvious that he's the best player in this draft and probably will remain the best in the class until the end of their rookie contracts.

That said, he's not an elite athlete and this limits his potential on defense and offense.
As for his strengths, he is a good shooter and playmaker but how much can he improve these skills? He's not going to shoot like Curry or pass like Magic and that means he's capped as a rich man's Gordon Hayward (with better playmaking but worse defense and athleticism). That's still a great player but I don't know if it's worth taking over Ayton who's potentially (although unlikely) the second coming of David Robinson.

Well, this is embarrassing. Is it too early to say that I nailed it with this pro analysis? :oops:

You should see stuff people were writing a year before the draft. I should take time and dig those threads up. Pure gold.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,951

Post#323 » by Archx » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:02 am

Xherdan 23 wrote:

At least you got it right by comparing him to a white player, since this is what most do anyway these days :D
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,554

Post#324 » by Bob8 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:44 am

Luka is first in BPM, OBPM and VORP.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#325 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:26 pm

and FAPS
SweetTouch
RealGM
And1: 2,961

Post#326 » by SweetTouch » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:28 pm

It’s time to win the ring this year

No excuses

With stats come rings
Stop being so disrespectful.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#327 » by dautjazz » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:33 pm

Bob8 wrote:Luka is first in BPM, OBPM and VORP.
And Hottest Mom
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
Goudelock
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,866

Post#328 » by Goudelock » Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:35 pm

Don't bump old threads.
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.

Return to The General Board