If Houston wins the championship, and then Lebron joins them next year...

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Which is worse?

Lebron’s Miami superteam
9%
KD joining a 73 win team
60%
Lebron joining Houston after a chip
31%

Total votes: 196

PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,239

Re: If Houston wins the championship, and then Lebron joins them next year... 

Post#21 » by PistolPeteJR » Fri May 25, 2018 1:00 pm

og15 wrote:They were a 65 win team that with more solid health could have actually won 70 games. Joining them would be exactly like Durant joining the Warriors outside of the semantic losing while up 3-1 part, depending on if the Cavs are in the finals and if something like that happens.

It’s not the same.

1) LeBron already had rings and won them as the alpha; KD didn’t.

2) LeBron will be 34. Obviously past his prime, no matter what people want to say about this season being his best. It’s not. He won’t get wrecked in history for going there as much as KD did; it’ll be viewed as a last legs affair.

3) LeBron won’t necessarily be joining the team that beat him in the playoffs after going up 3-1 against them.
chrisab123
RealGM
And1: 9,314

Post#22 » by chrisab123 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:02 pm

GordanFreeman wrote:
Warchant wrote:
Sheedpocalypse wrote:Of course it would be a weak move. But then again, he already did put the Cavs on his back and won Cleveland that coveted overdue sports title, so yeah nah KD still takes the beta crown.

Kyrie says hi!!!!!!!!! :D

Kyrie did chit before LBJ.

Like or hate Kyrie all you want but nothing about him even remotely screams Beta. Dude is an alpha through and through
KuruptedCav
Analyst
And1: 1,125

Post#23 » by KuruptedCav » Fri May 25, 2018 1:21 pm

Naw. Unlike the Thunder, the best days are likely behind this Cavs team. He can go, he’s not leaving a contender on the rise.

Financial considerations. The 0% tax rate in TX means he keeps $1 million more of his money.

It’s weak if the Rockets best the Cavs in the finals. If the Rockets beat the Celtics, it’s not much different than Allen joining the Heat or Wallace joining the Pistons.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ocelot17
Starter
And1: 3,829

Post#24 » by ocelot17 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:23 pm

Hopper15 wrote:
ocelot17 wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:I have yet to see how this can even reasonably be feasible. I'll wait.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Saw that tweet. But dont know wtf this tweeter guy is. Was it in a Lowe podcast? Haven't seen a link to the quote from Lowe.

Anyways, If Morey has seven ways, surely somebody can come up with one of them. Dont tell me some rebuilding team with capspace or the Cavs is going to take $60M of Ryan Anderson for two picks in the 25-30 range.

Before Durant signed with GSW there was a blueprint for the pathway and it was pretty much followed to the letter. I have yet to see such a scenario for James.

Just don’t be surprised if Anderson gets traded to a team like the kings for two first round picks.
mowcrowbar
General Manager
And1: 4,179

Post#25 » by mowcrowbar » Fri May 25, 2018 1:23 pm

You don't broadcast your "decision" live...
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#26 » by The Penguin » Fri May 25, 2018 1:29 pm

Who cares?

This is the league now, AAU culture, if teams can't build around these superstars to the point they think they can win, they are going to leave for a better opportunity and they should. If someone is working for a tech startup that looks like it might go under and Amazon comes calling, no one is going to say that's a bitch move. This antiquated notion you must be tied to the team that drafts you and the only respectable way to build a franchise is through draft picks is just stupid.
MachoMan
Junior
And1: 176

Post#27 » by MachoMan » Fri May 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Cupcake going to the team that just came back from down 3-1 in the playoffs to eliminate him will always be as bad as it gets in my opinion. Lebron has rings....he was the primary force behind those rings....he can do what he wants. KD had never won anything at the professional level, and jumps aboard a 73 win team.
"I'm the tower of power, too sweet to be sour. I'm funky like a monkey. Sky's the limit and space is the place!" - Randy Savage
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#28 » by GordanFreeman » Fri May 25, 2018 1:33 pm

chrisab123 wrote:
GordanFreeman wrote:
Warchant wrote:Kyrie says hi!!!!!!!!! :D

Like or hate Kyrie all you want but nothing about him even remotely screams Beta. Dude is an alpha through and through

I didn't call him a beta or an alpa or an omega. But since you brought it up though, he's definitely a beta next to Bron. I do enjoy watching him play though. His ball handling is second to none and his finishing at the rim is unreal and fun to watch. It's too bad he's had so many injury issues and will probably continue to have them because he's such an exciting young player.
Theocy
Sixth Man
And1: 1,428

Post#29 » by Theocy » Fri May 25, 2018 1:33 pm

KD caused a lot of severe anus-hurt these past couple of years . Feels like the fanbase is stuck arguing this whole thing again and again .

This coming from a Celtics fan.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#30 » by Hopper15 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:33 pm

ocelot17 wrote:Just don’t be surprised if Anderson gets traded to a team like the kings for two first round picks.

Sorry, I'll be stunned.
MrMcglock
Senior
And1: 707

Post#31 » by MrMcglock » Fri May 25, 2018 1:38 pm

Warchant wrote:
GordanFreeman wrote:
Warchant wrote:Kyrie says hi!!!!!!!!! :D

So would LB if he had the players Kyrie had when he was 20 yrs old....good observation though smh

he does there in the eastern conference finals......kyrie did well they won the #1 pick with him leading the team
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,416

Post#32 » by nbafan38 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:50 pm

KD's move still the worst but Lebron joining Houston after winning a championship would be pretty bad
nbafan38
Head Coach
And1: 5,416

Post#33 » by nbafan38 » Fri May 25, 2018 1:54 pm

PistolPeteJR wrote:
og15 wrote:They were a 65 win team that with more solid health could have actually won 70 games. Joining them would be exactly like Durant joining the Warriors outside of the semantic losing while up 3-1 part, depending on if the Cavs are in the finals and if something like that happens.

It’s not the same.

1) LeBron already had rings and won them as the alpha; KD didn’t.

2) LeBron will be 34. Obviously past his prime, no matter what people want to say about this season being his best. It’s not. He won’t get wrecked in history for going there as much as KD did; it’ll be viewed as a last legs affair.

3) LeBron won’t necessarily be joining the team that beat him in the playoffs after going up 3-1 against them.

Yea 34 year old Lebron and 34 year old injury prone Paul isn't as frightening for the league as Durant joining GS in the heart of his prime but for a year or two the rockets with Lebron would be close to unbeatable with Golden State maybe having a chance against them but not a great one.
Sheedpocalypse
Junior
And1: 157

Post#34 » by Sheedpocalypse » Fri May 25, 2018 1:55 pm

Warchant wrote:
Sheedpocalypse wrote:Of course it would be a weak move. But then again, he already did put the Cavs on his back and won Cleveland that coveted overdue sports title, so yeah nah KD still takes the beta crown.

Not really. LeBron obliterated everybody's stats that year. I can't remember exactly, but didn't LeBron lead all players in a ridiculous amount of stats that series?

Sure, Kyrie made some big shots, I'm not taking anything away from him. But he also couldn't get Cleveland in the playoffs without LeBron. Not once.

Bron brought Cleveland that title (with help of course). C'mon now :)
Detroit vs Everybody by way of Belgium.
dontforget
Senior
And1: 440

Post#35 » by dontforget » Fri May 25, 2018 1:59 pm

It's not happening without either CP3 or LeBron leaving money on the table, and those days are long gone. I don't care how much of a genius Darly Morey is, he's not going to find a magical taker for Ryan Anderson money.
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#36 » by Ugalde » Fri May 25, 2018 2:02 pm

It’d be just as bad if not worse then KDs move and thr Miami move isn’t even close to as bad as KDs move.
politics
to many 3s
Ugalde
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,260

Post#37 » by Ugalde » Fri May 25, 2018 2:05 pm

Sheedpocalypse wrote:
Warchant wrote:

Not really. LeBron obliterated everybody's stats that year. I can't remember exactly, but didn't LeBron lead all players in a ridiculous amount of stats that series?

Sure, Kyrie made some big shots, I'm not taking anything away from him. But he also couldn't get Cleveland in the playoffs without LeBron. Not once.

Bron brought Cleveland that title (with help of course). C'mon now :)

Dude anybody who acts like Kyrie is more responsible than LeBron for that title isn’t even worth talking to. Every star has had role players and other All Stars on their team hit big shots. People who try to act like only LeBron has had that happen is a moron.
politics
to many 3s
HotTubMike
Veteran
And1: 4,166

Post#38 » by HotTubMike » Fri May 25, 2018 2:11 pm

Hopper15 wrote:
ocelot17 wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:I have yet to see how this can even reasonably be feasible. I'll wait.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Saw that tweet. But dont know wtf this tweeter guy is. Was it in a Lowe podcast? Haven't seen a link to the quote from Lowe.

Anyways, If Morey has seven ways, surely somebody can come up with one of them. Dont tell me some rebuilding team with capspace or the Cavs is going to take $60M of Ryan Anderson for two picks in the 25-30 range.

Before Durant signed with GSW there was a blueprint for the pathway and it was pretty much followed to the letter. I have yet to see such a scenario for James.

Well that doesn't even exist so..
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#39 » by whysoserious » Fri May 25, 2018 2:11 pm

AdagioPace wrote:Lebron has nothing to prove and disprove. He the best ever or top 2 all-time and he's won already 3 rings.

Durant was only a top 5 player in this era and he had never won anything with OKC

next....

Lebron also never won a thing until he left and went to join up with his buddies on another team....
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,703

Post#40 » by scrabbarista » Fri May 25, 2018 2:14 pm

I don't personally have a problem with any of the three, so I didn't vote.
The man who sleeps on the bed can never fall out of the floor... Winnie the Pooh

Return to The General Board