If Houston wins the championship, and then Lebron joins them next year...

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Which is worse?

Lebron’s Miami superteam
9%
KD joining a 73 win team
60%
Lebron joining Houston after a chip
31%

Total votes: 196

NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Re: If Houston wins the championship, and then Lebron joins them next year... 

Post#41 » by NBAFan93 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:20 pm

GrandTheftRondo wrote:
AlciG wrote:
Jonathan starks wrote:Would that be the ultimate bitch move?

Unless somehow both Cavs and Rockets reach the finals and the Cavs blow a 3-1 Lead with Lebron disappearing at the most important moments it will in not be equivalent to what Durant did.

At this point I don't see the Cavs making the finals and Rockets might not either. If CP3 is down they have no shot imho and even if he plays there's still a big enough chance they might not.

On what planet is joining a team you lost to in the WCF worse than joining a team that just won the title?

Good lord.

Yeah - I think the best player in the league joining the team the just won the championship may actually be worse than KD. I don’t think LeBron will do it.

Maybe GSW can trade KD to Cleveland for LBJ though ;)... He’d be worth the Cavs paying lux tax on. Haha.
-Sammy-
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,698

Post#42 » by -Sammy- » Fri May 25, 2018 2:29 pm

Warchant wrote:
Sheedpocalypse wrote:Of course it would be a weak move. But then again, he already did put the Cavs on his back and won Cleveland that coveted overdue sports title, so yeah nah KD still takes the beta crown.

Kyrie says hi!!!!!!!!! :D

bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Post#43 » by bmurph128 » Fri May 25, 2018 2:37 pm

It's all about joining a team that beat you IMO. In this hypothetical I'm assuming the Cavs lose to the Celtics.

But even then, I don't think LeBron would join a team that won the title. The narrative would be that they don't need him and he wouldn't like that.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#44 » by Hopper15 » Fri May 25, 2018 3:08 pm

HotTubMike wrote:Well that doesn't even exist so..

Ok. 41M. But point still stands. Warriors are buying high 2nds for 3M a pop. What makes anyone think two low firsts are worth 40M?

But let me humor you guys and assume Morey can get Vlade drunk enough to do that. Stretch waive Nene. They're still just at or over the cap with Capela / CP /roster min capholds without Ariza. Now what?

CP got that old man max passed for a reason. Did he go to all that trouble for nothing? Are he and Lebron going to split his caphold? I still dont see it.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#45 » by BallerTalk » Fri May 25, 2018 3:32 pm

ocelot17 wrote:
Hopper15 wrote:I have yet to see how this can even reasonably be feasible. I'll wait.

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Exactly.

With the litany of articles that have been written over the last 10 months covering all the various permutations of transactions that would land LeBron in Houston (most of which are easily searchable),
at this point I simply assume anyone asking "How?" is simply using code speak for "I really really hope it doesn't happen."
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
Mister Ze
RealGM
And1: 23,201

Post#46 » by Mister Ze » Fri May 25, 2018 3:36 pm

Jonathan starks wrote:Would that be the ultimate bitch move?

Nothing Lebron does in the off-season would be a bitch move, as long as he signs for the max or close to it.

He's gonna be 34 this year, do people want him to lead a 1 man show when he's 35+? He deserves to go to a team that surrounds him with all-stars.
inquisitive
RealGM
And1: 2,844

Post#47 » by inquisitive » Fri May 25, 2018 3:36 pm

if KD hadn't done it first, then sure. After what KD did, i don't see any issue with it now.
KARD "You n Me " Mnet Countdown
www.youtube.com/watch?v=77b3zg3OhgI
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,939

Post#48 » by Domejandro » Fri May 25, 2018 3:47 pm

TommyPoints wrote:Lebron is going to Philadelphia. We can all feel it happening.

FTFY
yoyoboy
RealGM
And1: 18,801

Post#49 » by yoyoboy » Fri May 25, 2018 3:55 pm

Warchant wrote:
GordanFreeman wrote:
Warchant wrote:Kyrie says hi!!!!!!!!! :D

Kyrie did chit before LBJ.

So would LB if he had the players Kyrie had when he was 20 yrs old....good observation though smh

LeBron actually led the Cavs to the Finals when he was Kyrie's age (22 in 2007 versus 22 in 2014). Good try though.
alebaba
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,356

Post#50 » by alebaba » Fri May 25, 2018 4:01 pm

There's no way Lebron is dumb enough to do that, his legacy would be done.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,696

Post#51 » by Warriorfan » Fri May 25, 2018 4:18 pm

Is like to see Lebron in Hou Anderson and Gordon or Bos for Horford sorry Kyrie.

He can opt in and demand a trade or else Clev gets nothing.
HotTubMike
Veteran
And1: 4,166

Post#52 » by HotTubMike » Fri May 25, 2018 4:22 pm

Hopper15 wrote:
HotTubMike wrote:Well that doesn't even exist so..

Ok. 41M. But point still stands. Warriors are buying high 2nds for 3M a pop. What makes anyone think two low firsts are worth 40M?

But let me humor you guys and assume Morey can get Vlade drunk enough to do that. Stretch waive Nene. They're still just at or over the cap with Capela / CP /roster min capholds without Ariza. Now what?

CP got that old man max passed for a reason. Did he go to all that trouble for nothing? Are he and Lebron going to split his caphold? I still dont see it.

The ability/scenarios of getting Lebron to Houston have been widely discussed and articles have been written about it.

Its hardly as impossible as you or others imply.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,301

Post#53 » by CIN-C-STAR » Fri May 25, 2018 4:29 pm

whysoserious wrote:
AdagioPace wrote:Lebron has nothing to prove and disprove. He the best ever or top 2 all-time and he's won already 3 rings.

Durant was only a top 5 player in this era and he had never won anything with OKC

next....

Lebron also never won a thing until he left and went to join up with his buddies on another team....

He won the Eastern Conference in 2007. That's not the Larry O'Brien trophy, but it is something.
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#54 » by Hopper15 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:31 pm

HotTubMike wrote:

The ability/scenarios of getting Lebron to Houston have been widely discussed and articles have been written about it.

So then you guys should be versed enough to fill me in. So far I got, " it's possible. Trust me". Sorry i haven't kept up on this. Throw me a frickin bone. I already gave you Anderson and stretch waived Nene. It can't be that much more difficult to lay out from there.
zshawn10
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,387

Post#55 » by zshawn10 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:32 pm

They would have to get rid of so much depth to get Lebron plus they still have to sign Cp3 to a lucrative deal. No one wants Ryan Anderson
HotTubMike
Veteran
And1: 4,166

Post#56 » by HotTubMike » Fri May 25, 2018 4:41 pm

Hopper15 wrote:
HotTubMike wrote:

So then you guys should be versed enough to fill me in. So far I got, " it's possible. Trust me". Sorry i haven't kept up on this. Throw me a frickin bone. I already gave you Anderson and stretch waived Nene. It can't be that much more difficult to lay out from there.

All you had to do was "google" it but here you go:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/12/11/16761746/lebron-james-rockets-free-agency-salary-cap-how
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#57 » by Hopper15 » Fri May 25, 2018 4:58 pm

HotTubMike wrote:
All you had to do was "google" it but here you go:

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2017/12/11/16761746/lebron-james-rockets-free-agency-salary-cap-how

Not looking for links or long articles. Just a quick synopsis. Thanks though.

A lot of Hail Mary's there and they have to dump Tucker too (which might actually be doable to the right team with a big TPE). I just can't imagine Lebron and CP taking haircuts like that. They'll have like 10 roster spots to fill with a room exception and vet mins.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,435

Post#58 » by Cactus Jack » Fri May 25, 2018 6:35 pm

Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#59 » by LightTheBeam » Fri May 25, 2018 7:03 pm

The Penguin wrote:Who cares?

This is the league now, AAU culture, if teams can't build around these superstars to the point they think they can win, they are going to leave for a better opportunity and they should. If someone is working for a tech startup that looks like it might go under and Amazon comes calling, no one is going to say that's a bitch move. This antiquated notion you must be tied to the team that drafts you and the only respectable way to build a franchise is through draft picks is just stupid.

Typically I agree. That said OKC wasn't a "tech startup going under" they had a top 10 guy, a top 5 guy, and several other good players in their primes. They then had a chance to overtake the giant and KD failed to do so. Had KD stayed in OKC, they are one of the best teams in the league and arguably could have won at least the title last year.

Last year they would have been

Adams/Kanter
Taj/Sabonis
Durant/Grant
Oladipo/Roberson
Westbrook

This team is winning the title. And then they could have went and traded for Paul George anyways and DEFINITELY been the favorites this year.

Adams
Durant
George
Roberson
Westbrook

They could be going for 2 in a row with 4 all stars the same as GSW but nobody would have hated on him for that.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#60 » by LightTheBeam » Fri May 25, 2018 7:07 pm

IF the Warriors win the title and i'm Lebron, I'm signing in Houston for the minimum. **** all over their parade without losing anyone.

Closing lineup of

Lebron
Tucker
Ariza/Gordon
Harden
CP3

lol. Warriors are struggling against this current Rockets, cant imagine them having any answer to this team.

Then we will see the mentally weak Durant do what he does best... and join the Celtics.

Return to The General Board