Does Kevin Love make the Cavs worse?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Tai
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,240

Re: Does Kevin Love make the Cavs worse? 

Post#21 » by Tai » Sat May 26, 2018 4:50 am

lakerz12 wrote:Losing weight mad him worse IMO.

Also, he doesn't look like he's having fun anymore.

What happened to this guy? Image

smartyz456 wrote:oh i am a laker fan for life

i'm just gonna be a warrior fan until lebron leaves the lakers

true laker fans don't root for lebron

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1728641
metalinguss
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#22 » by metalinguss » Sat May 26, 2018 5:05 am

You mean the 20 year old started to get serious? It's like he turned 30 or something.
CIN-C-STAR
Head Coach
And1: 16,312

Post#23 » by CIN-C-STAR » Sat May 26, 2018 5:09 am

HOT TAKES!
GET YER HOT TAKES HERE!!
2 FOR 5!!!
"I'd rather have Kevin Love spacing out to the three point line than anything (Karl) Malone brings"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Post#24 » by lakerz12 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:10 am

metalinguss wrote:

You mean the 20 year old started to get serious? It's like he turned 30 or something.

Nothing, including age, should take away your joy. I can't remember the last time I saw him smile.

If you saw him play in Minnesota vs. Today, it's two very different people. And he hasn't improved.
WestbrookLove
Sophomore
And1: 131

Post#25 » by WestbrookLove » Sat May 26, 2018 5:12 am

Hot takes for sure. We'll see how great they look in game seven on the road when he's out with a concussion. He's been their only reliable scorer besides James in the road losses. Without him, James will probably have to score 60 and collapse on the floor before the game is over.
metalinguss
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#26 » by metalinguss » Sat May 26, 2018 5:13 am

lakerz12 wrote:
metalinguss wrote:

Nothing, including age, should take away your joy. I can't remember the last time I saw him smile.

If you saw him play in Minnesota vs. Today, it's two very different people. And he hasn't improved.

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/kevin-love-everyone-is-going-through-something
McKenna
Rookie
And1: 1,117

Post#27 » by McKenna » Sat May 26, 2018 5:14 am

lakerz12 wrote:What happened to this guy? Image

He looks like the white Big Baby.

Love is one of the only genuine inside/outside guys in the league. He is inconsistent and physically limited defensively, but his offensive game is deadly when he's on. Defences love to hone in on him as the 2nd option because he's an easier cover than Lebron, but that's not saying much and certainly nothing against Love's game, but it adds to his inconsistencies.

He's an elite rebounder. The defensive set is not over until you secure the ball - and that brings his defensive abilities to the fore. He may not move well laterally, nor have the physical length to compete above the rim, but he adds plenty to a team at both ends. He is severely underrated by the nephew section of the internet. His ability to secure the ball is top tier.

As a bonus he is also a very good playmaker for his size. There's not many 4/5's with his court vision, and certainly no one else in the league makes touch down passes like he does. He is a triple threat from the three point line, and starts most games as a 5. That's deadly.

Prime Chris Bosh wouldn't add anything to this team in his place. It would improve their PnR defence and length inside, and they'd lose out on just about everything else across the board.

Love deserves more love.
WestbrookLove
Sophomore
And1: 131

Post#28 » by WestbrookLove » Sat May 26, 2018 5:20 am

Hot takes about them being supposedly better aside, I do agree with the side-point that he is a very different person and player from his Minnesota days. In Minnesota, he was physical, intense (remember the Scola stomp?), and the main guy -- confident and tough. Since playing with James, he's repeatedly talked about making sacrifices. I'm not sure he has much of an identity or purpose anymore now that he's gotten the ring with James. He lost weight and got super handsome and has a successful modeling career, but he seems to have nothing else going for him on or off the court (family issues, panic attacks, and such). He's also very quiet, hard to read, and who knows what his true motivations and interests are. He comes across as someone who is very unsure of himself these days, and it shows in his inconsistency and passiveness that has gotten him much criticism from fans.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#29 » by Dupp » Sat May 26, 2018 5:23 am

Sometimes yeah. Low impact player against good competition
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,144

Post#30 » by jbk1234 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:36 am

This is an absurd thread.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Brauer
Bench Warmer
And1: 806

Post#31 » by Brauer » Sat May 26, 2018 5:57 am

I think Kevin Love was on pace to have his best year since joining the Cavs until he got injured. LeBron is better than he ever was at playing off ball now since he can shoot efficiently from 3 now. Kyrie not there would allow Love to create too. He would've averaged 24ppg this year easily without the injuries.
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,738

Post#32 » by AingesBurner » Sat May 26, 2018 6:04 am

Jazz will take him, you can have expirings and a 1st.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Ingles is cooked.
improper
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,405

Post#33 » by improper » Sat May 26, 2018 8:44 am

The Cavs have had a historically good offense with Kevin Love and LeBron James on the court together, so I am going to say no.
whocurrz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#34 » by whocurrz » Sat May 26, 2018 9:37 am

In general no he shouldn’t but unfortunately he’s often injured and this year when he’s finally in an ideal role as the 2nd option (since he doesn’t provide enough else to be a great 3rd option) he’s really struggled to get a groove because of injuries. Also Cavs roster construction doesn’t help his short comings but has the same of his personal ones as a player. unfortunately for the Cavs the past few years, the one team where they could use an awesome or even just a consistently solid option (against the Warriors) he really struggles. He’s been big in other matchups though solid considering he’s reinvented his game a lot. Sucks that he’s finally in his ideal role but injuries and no even resemblance of a championship caliber third option have made him seem worse. If healthy, with better roster construction, him Lebron and a guy like Conley or just a consistent 3 and D wing would probably be best team in the east.

In general Though, Kevin Love should have been a 2nd option in his prime since he isn’t good enough to be a first, but doesn’t bring enough thugs outside scoring to be a 3rd (especially when the 2nd was Kyrie who didn’t bring a ton besides scoring) . But he’s honestly been in the improper roles most of his prime/ career.
Jarret Jack: “I brought one of my best suits. But looking down at this jersey, it’s just a sense of pride I don’t think I’ve ever felt as a professional. … Nothing in my closet is better than what I have on now."
rale93lfc
Junior
And1: 528

Post#35 » by rale93lfc » Sat May 26, 2018 12:34 pm

He is becoming Channing Frye... Losing weights made him worser imo... He is just taking 3pts shoots now, coman Love, post a bit, rebound a bit.
Pure_Basketball
Head Coach
And1: 6,375

Post#36 » by Pure_Basketball » Sat May 26, 2018 12:55 pm

My guess is social media that led to his depression. Athletes face such pressure and scrutiny, as well as opening any social media they get that much hate. I guess it's why they're on the big $$, but it would be such a heavy mental burden.
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,807

Post#37 » by JJ_PR » Sat May 26, 2018 1:41 pm

Nope. He's been the only brightspot in this series aside from James.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#38 » by Antinomy » Sat May 26, 2018 1:42 pm

Bron fans are hilarious. Anyone who plays with him is labeled a scrub. If you ask them, he’s never had a good teammate in his career lol.

Wade “wasn’t that good”
Kyrie was a “chucker”
Bosh “wasn’t special”
Love is a “role player”
Ray was “trash”
Korver is “irrelevant”.

I was just thinking about this then low & behold, I see this thread.

It never ends.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,618

Post#39 » by infinite11285 » Sat May 26, 2018 1:49 pm

lakerz12 wrote:
Spoiler:
metalinguss wrote:

lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Post#40 » by lakerz12 » Sat May 26, 2018 5:14 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:
Spoiler:
metalinguss wrote:

So 2 years ago?

Return to The General Board