Rockets fans upset because Ayesha Curry is opening a restaurant in Houston

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

ISayshowmee
Veteran
And1: 1,696

Re: Rockets fans upset because Ayesha Curry is opening a restaurant in Houston 

Post#61 » by ISayshowmee » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:33 am

I just gave Mrs. Curry's restaurant a 5 star review on Yelp. Someday I will find out if the place is indeed 5 star.
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,378

Post#62 » by Oscirus » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:53 am

Who cares let the rockets fans have their fun. Its not hurting her at the moment, if anything, it's bringing more attention.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,249

Post#63 » by Clemenza » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:40 am

Antinomy wrote:
Jagic Mohnson wrote:Restaurants have a 80 % failure rate I heard. I seen so many new bbq, burger, asian, mexican joints open and then go out of business within 1-2 years.

Food businesses have notoriously low margins but most restaurants fail because they don’t have the funds to sustain losing money for long periods.

That obviously isn’t a problem for a rich person as their marketing budget alone will keep them in business & keep people coming through the door.

True but 'word of mouth' is everything. The Rocket fans boycotting will spread the word and in turn those fans will spread the word to avoid the place. Its a tree branch/domino effect but in a bad way. Call Rocket fans whatever you want but it is what it is. You can't make people eat at your establishment and nor are they obligated to. They'll probably have more room to absorb bad months of light business but even chains and big money backed establishments will pull the plug to cut losses. The restaurant biz is cutthroat. This isn't good news and I'd be worried if I was the Curry clan.
badass316
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,075

Post#64 » by badass316 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:46 am

Let the Rocket fans have their W's on yelp, their team will just keep taking the L's on the hardwood.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,610

Post#65 » by Dominator83 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:59 am

Stay classy Houston
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,143

Post#66 » by zimpy27 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:09 am

Dominater wrote:Stay classy small minority of inhabitants of Houston

FTFY
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,496

Post#67 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:13 am

It's honestly a little difficult to feel sorry for her. She has zero culinary experience, never took a class or had any previous jobs even remotely related to the industry. All of her success is basically derived from who she married. At least when she was a small time actor it was off her own merits.
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,496

Post#68 » by Patsfan1081 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:18 am

Revived wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:
Revived wrote:The one in the bay area is one that not most people can even afford. It definitely caters to the very high end customers.

Assuming the menu and prices stay the same, yeah it definitely won't be one that most of us can probably afford.

It’s hard to get a reservation at her SF location, too. You gotta reserve at least a month before.

She teams with Michael Mina, who’s a world-renowned chef and has a Michelin Starred restaurant of his own in San Francisco.

I wouldn’t worry about Ayesha. She’s working with the right people in the food industry.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Well yeah she certainly has resources that most other chefs don't have.

Wait, are you saying that Mina didn't just happen to see her YouTube foodie blog and decide to open a restaurant off her decorated history?
red96
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#69 » by red96 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:59 am

Heat3 wrote:show some team pride and run an employer out of town!
Ya damn right. And she'd probably have 2 stars if Iggy didn't get hurt.
"Morey decided in 2007 that Steve Francis was to be the "franchise player" of the Rockets only to play what... 5 games? Morey didn't think Marc Gasol was worth a look that year,"
-baki "the Rockets fan"
Javier Acosta
Bench Warmer
And1: 632

Post#70 » by Javier Acosta » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:37 am

NBAFan93 wrote:Warrior fans need to stop w/ the holier than thou attitude over some bad Yelp reviews for Curry’s restaurant (cause you know it’s the same as being his) - didn’t a SF restaurant just make a beer called “LeBron Tears” or something like that??

I think that has a more universal appeal.
binjumper
Starter
And1: 3,704

Post#71 » by binjumper » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:53 am

What childish reactions lol. Pitch fork attitude of the internet folk
itrsteve
Lead Assistant
And1: 9,294

Post#72 » by itrsteve » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:12 pm

Infinite Llamas wrote:They actually got all the bricks needed to build it from that game 7 alone.

This requires quoting. Well done.
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#73 » by GordanFreeman » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:33 pm

Lalouie wrote:then best thing to do is don't go, and just let the restaurant flop like a dead mackeral.

stupid woman shouldn't attach her name to the restaurant in the first place. in texas, everybody cooks their own bbq,,,,,,unlike san francisco

I hope it does well and you're forced by your gf/wife/bf/someone else if you're not in a relationship, to go.
PizzaSteve
Veteran
And1: 1,837

Post#74 » by PizzaSteve » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Free advertising...people will be curious now...

P.S. Writing a fake review without actually eating at a restaurant is a horrible look. The restaurant is made by the workers, all of whom will be locals. Who owns it may be relevant to talk about, and to use as a criteria to decide if you want to eat there, but to base a review on that data is wrong. It disrespects the staff, the chef, and is a missuse of Yelp. I hope these people posting fake reviews, positive or negative, have their Yelp accounts suspended. Nothing is more annoying than a yelp review from someone who didnt actually eat at the restaurant or who uses stupid criteria to try to impact ratings. Ive seen so many 'im a vegan and this steak resaturant didnt cater to me, so I am giving it 1 star.."
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#75 » by Illmatic12 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:28 pm

Jagic Mohnson wrote:
Antinomy wrote:
Jagic Mohnson wrote:Restaurants have a 80 % failure rate I heard. I seen so many new bbq, burger, asian, mexican joints open and then go out of business within 1-2 years.

Food businesses have notoriously low margins but most restaurants fail because they don’t have the funds to sustain losing money for long periods.

That obviously isn’t a problem for a rich person as their marketing budget alone will keep them in business & keep people coming through the door.

True. But remember that baseball player Curt Schilling that lost most of his money on business ventures. These celebs think they can open this and that like 50 cent the rapper and then like that they are broke.

50 Cent the rapper is far from broke..
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#76 » by MaxRider » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:36 pm

I'm more upset people care about this stuff than actual basketball
SDANNIE
Junior
And1: 335

Post#77 » by SDANNIE » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:43 pm

Clemenza wrote:True but 'word of mouth' is everything. The Rocket fans boycotting will spread the word and in turn those fans will spread the word to avoid the place. Its a tree branch/domino effect but in a bad way. Call Rocket fans whatever you want but it is what it is. You can't make people eat at your establishment and nor are they obligated to. They'll probably have more room to absorb bad months of light business but even chains and big money backed establishments will pull the plug to cut losses. The restaurant biz is cutthroat. This isn't good news and I'd be worried if I was the Curry clan.

Ayesha should speak with KD about running a restaurant in hostile territory, lol.

I read through this thread and I never did find out if she has some connection to Houston. Why is she opening a restaurant there? Especially a BBQ restaurant? I don't think she could have picked a more hostile location.
ChiCitySPORTS#1
RealGM
And1: 5,456

Post#78 » by ChiCitySPORTS#1 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:46 pm

I think this is kind of hilarious tbh. Dont blame them either - i'm sure in the long run it'll be fine. Also - she brought a lot of negative attention to herself. Crybaby-like with some her tweets.
SDANNIE
Junior
And1: 335

Post#79 » by SDANNIE » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:54 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:It’s hard to get a reservation at her SF location, too. You gotta reserve at least a month before.

She teams with Michael Mina, who’s a world-renowned chef and has a Michelin Starred restaurant of his own in San Francisco.

I wouldn’t worry about Ayesha. She’s working with the right people in the food industry.

I'm sure it is hard to get reservations in her San Francisco location. Might not be the case in Houston. The two cities couldn't be more different and Texans already know how to BBQ. Hell I think they teach that in kindergarten down there.
migya
Head Coach
And1: 1,336

Post#80 » by migya » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:39 pm

Be the first taste of winning for quite some time wouldn't it????

Return to The General Board