LeBron could be in for a rude awakening

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

HurricaneDij25
Junior
And1: 276

LeBron could be in for a rude awakening 

Post#1 » by HurricaneDij25 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:44 pm

In his age-34 season and without a second star...

When he realizes the western conference is no joke. Obviously I think they'll make the playoffs, but I could see them being a first round out depending on who they draw.

And Javale McGee was the best they could do to fill their big man void??? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Archerbro
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,244

Re: LeBron could be in for a rude awakening 

Post#2 » by Archerbro » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:47 pm

I think he knew going to the west would be a tougher path to the finals. (hell any player probably knows that).
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,960

Post#3 » by KyRo23 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:48 pm

I think he's okay with it because we all know losing in the first round is better than losing in the finals!
Masterfully
Starter
And1: 1,435

Post#4 » by Masterfully » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:48 pm

We all know Lebron just wants the Warriors to sweep him in the first round. Earlier offseason.
raps_aviator
Pro Prospect
And1: 208

Post#5 » by raps_aviator » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:50 pm

Lebron on any team is a contender.

He will be fine. I see him in the league until he is 40 years old as his basketball intellect and how is game is aging will allow him to still be dominant. He is 33 so there is no need to rush the process. He will still be the best player in the game at 35.

Look how GWS allowed their young players (Steph, Draymond, Klay) to grow for 2-3 years. I think they should let Lonzo, Kuzma, whoever they trade for Brandon Ingram to grow. It could potentially lead to a dynasty.
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,179

Post#6 » by donnieme » Sun Jul 8, 2018 7:53 pm

He'll put the WC thing to bed when he makes the Jazz look like the Raps
Cavsfansince84
RealGM
And1: 10,296

Post#7 » by Cavsfansince84 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:04 pm

Next year could be a little rough for him but he's not exactly new to having to carry teams he is on. Magic needs to make some kind of move though before Oct/Nov.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,624

Post#8 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:05 pm

donnieme wrote:He'll put the WC thing to bed when he makes the Jazz look like the Raps

Lol.

You might wanna look up LeBron's win/loss record playing in Utah.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
pwrshft99
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,078

Post#9 » by pwrshft99 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:10 pm

KyRo23 wrote:I think he's okay with it because we all know losing in the first round is better than losing in the finals!

At the beginning of your career, as a young, learning player, its acceptable to get knock out in the early rounds.

It takes a certain level of greatness to reach the championship round and never be challenged to the full seven games... let alone lose the series.
#sadbullsfan
DROB27
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,119

Post#10 » by DROB27 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:14 pm

Masterfully wrote:We all know Lebron just wants the Warriors to sweep him in the first round. Earlier offseason.

Yup i agree with this statement
donnieme
Head Coach
And1: 7,179

Post#11 » by donnieme » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:15 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:
donnieme wrote:He'll put the WC thing to bed when he makes the Jazz look like the Raps

Lol.

Looked it up. 0-0 in the playoffs so far
Kurosawa0
Analyst
And1: 3,276

Post#12 » by Kurosawa0 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:18 pm

This is going to be a really horrible season on this board if people are acting like this Lakers team is supposed to be a contender. This is clearly a long term play from LeBron and the Lakers. Being above .500 and making the playoffs should be the only expectations.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,702

Post#13 » by Warriorfan » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:25 pm

Lebron gets a pass this year. Him and Magic get to recruit year a talented free agent class. 7th seed is where I think they finish.
Cappy_Smurf
Head Coach
And1: 9,624

Post#14 » by Cappy_Smurf » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:27 pm

donnieme wrote:
Cappy_Smurf wrote:

Lol.

"The memories here -- I've lost a lot of games that I've played well here," James said. "That's not a good formula."

LeBron James has had individual success in Salt Lake City, averaging 31.3 points, 8.3 rebounds and 6.4 assists in 12 career games. But his teams are 5-7 there in his career, including four straight losses. Melissa Majchrzak/NBAE/Getty Images
James said he has been challenged consistently in Utah throughout his career.
"Since I came into the league, one thing they do, they move the ball," James said. "They move bodies, they share the ball and they're going to play hard. It has not changed."

These are LeBron's own words. He has played really well in Utah and still lost. And Lmao at thinking his current team is anywhere close to the Miami teams or the Cavs with Kyrie and Love. I don't believe this Lakers team is as good as last year's cavs, let alone anywhere close to his other teams that have lost in Utah. Anyway, if the idea you're pushing here is that LeBron cranks it up in the playoffs, he has played really well in Utah and still lost.
Dwayne "smells like" Bacon, A.K.A. The Policeman.

Dude needs to wear #50, that way when he's on the fast break, everybody can yell "Here comes five-oh!"
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,433

Post#15 » by FlyingArrow » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:33 pm

Maybe LeBron just wants to score a ton for one season without thinking about the playoffs. Just like Wilt had that one season he led the league in assists, LeBron can have that one season he averaged 35+.
G35
RealGM
And1: 7,786

Post#16 » by G35 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:42 pm

KyRo23 wrote:I think he's okay with it because we all know losing in the first round is better than losing in the finals!

We also know that quality of competition in the East is equal to the West......
I'm so tired of the typical......
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#17 » by The Rebel » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:43 pm

It is far from a given that Lebron and that roster makes the playoffs.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,221

Post#18 » by niQ » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:43 pm

Don't you worry. I hear they're getting Melo...
Lego Legs
Junior
And1: 817

Post#19 » by Lego Legs » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:43 pm

Cappy_Smurf wrote:
donnieme wrote:
Cappy_Smurf wrote:
Lol.

"The memories here -- I've lost a lot of games that I've played well here," James said. "That's not a good formula."

LeBron James has had individual success in Salt Lake City, averaging 31.3 points, 8.3 rebounds and 6.4 assists in 12 career games. But his teams are 5-7 there in his career, including four straight losses. Melissa Majchrzak/NBAE/Getty Images
James said he has been challenged consistently in Utah throughout his career.
"Since I came into the league, one thing they do, they move the ball," James said. "They move bodies, they share the ball and they're going to play hard. It has not changed."

These are LeBron's own words. He has played really well in Utah and still lost. And Lmao at thinking his current team is anywhere close to the Miami teams or the Cavs with Kyrie and Love. I don't believe this Lakers team is as good as last year's cavs, let alone anywhere close to his other teams that have lost in Utah. Anyway, if the idea you're pushing here is that LeBron cranks it up in the playoffs, he has played really well in Utah and still lost.

But he does crank it up in the play-offs and Utah have never played him in the post-season. RS is not a good barometer of what LeBron does in the post season.
KyRo23
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,960

Post#20 » by KyRo23 » Sun Jul 8, 2018 8:49 pm

G35 wrote:

We also know that quality of competition in the East is equal to the West......

Listen, the competition of both conferences has nothing to do with "HAHAH 3-6 THOOO!". It's strictly about finals losses. If LeBron was 3-0 in the finals and didn't make the finals his other 6 times, the delusional people would think that was better.

Return to The General Board