Who will be better next season: Toronto or Indiana?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who will be better next season: Toronto or Indiana?

Toronto
74%
Indiana
26%

Total votes: 279

Tiny ball
Veteran
And1: 840

Re: RE: Re: Who will be better next season: Toronto or Indiana? 

Post#41 » by Tiny ball » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:47 am

Wizop wrote:
rapsdontlie wrote:Toronto.... Depth makes a huge difference for a long season and the Raps have the best bench in the league.
Pacers significantly upgraded their bench. Our second 5 is now CoJo, Reke, Mcbuckets, O'Quinn (or Leaf), and Sabonis. Remind me where you are better now.

Sent from my phone.
Sabonis could take a big leap this year. I would not be shocked he is starter.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Re: Who will be better next season: Toronto or Indiana? 

Post#42 » by LakersSoul » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:13 am

Scott Hall wrote:Lance is a pretty big loss for the Pacers but Tyreke is a pretty interesting replacement. Also not sure
what to expect from Oladipo was last year a mirage or is he this good for the foreseeable future.

If the Raptors are healthy they're good for 55-60 wins... playoffs who knows pretty much every series
against any playoff team would go 7 games.

Indiana got better offensively but will miss Lance and Glenn Robinson on the defensive side.
Indiana could push 52-53 games this year if Oladipo doesnt take a hit.

Toronto had a lot go their way to get the most wins from the East. I dont know if they repeat with
best record in the East with Celtics, Indiana getting healthy/better. I say they get about 54 wins.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#43 » by phraoh » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:19 am

Why would anyone think Toronto?? Pacers had a great off season, have depth, and a team that shows grit. Pacers will win the East this year, and probably finish with the second best record in the East. And I am not even a Pacer fan, but a Cavs fan who felt the Pacers were the best team they faced in the Eastern Conference playoffs and that was last year prior to their additions this year.
Scott Hall
RealGM
And1: 62,605

Post#44 » by Scott Hall » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:22 am

LakersSoul wrote:
Scott Hall wrote:Lance is a pretty big loss for the Pacers but Tyreke is a pretty interesting replacement. Also not sure
what to expect from Oladipo was last year a mirage or is he this good for the foreseeable future.

If the Raptors are healthy they're good for 55-60 wins... playoffs who knows pretty much every series
against any playoff team would go 7 games.

Indiana got better offensively but will miss Lance and Glenn Robinson on the defensive side.
Indiana could push 52-53 games this year if Oladipo doesnt take a hit.

Toronto had a lot go their way to get the most wins from the East. I dont know if they repeat with
best record in the East with Celtics, Indiana getting healthy/better. I say they get about 54 wins.

2 years ago they won 56 games....last year they won 50 with Lowry missing the 2nd half of the season
this year they won 59 games pretty much being healthy.

Raps are also one of the youngest teams in the league and OG, FVV, Yak, Siakam and Delon should
be better and maybe Powell improves.
Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#45 » by Topher » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:03 pm

rocopc wrote:I think Toronto its the better team.... but ... I dont think the loss of Casey its a good thing for them....Toronto but with the Pacer very very close call

You haven’t watched the Raps a whole lot eh
Topher
Lead Assistant

Post#46 » by Topher » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:06 pm

dipodenis wrote:
Wizop wrote:
rapsdontlie wrote:Toronto.... Depth makes a huge difference for a long season and the Raps have the best bench in the league.
Pacers significantly upgraded their bench. Our second 5 is now CoJo, Reke, Mcbuckets, O'Quinn (or Leaf), and Sabonis. Remind me where you are better now.

Sent from my phone.

Sabonis > Siakam
Reke > CJ Miles
Cory Joseph = FVF (although I will admit he had a great season)
McDermott > Powell
KOQ < Poeltl

Lmao Sabonis better than Siakam? No no no.
rocopc
Pro Prospect
And1: 72

Post#47 » by rocopc » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:01 pm

Topher wrote:
rocopc wrote:I think Toronto its the better team.... but ... I dont think the loss of Casey its a good thing for them....Toronto but with the Pacer very very close call

ok.. I know that my english its not that good... and probablly I made a mistake...I think Casey its a great coach and the Raptors made a mistake firing him... ok.. for your respond you think they really do a great job firing him... ok agreed to desagreed...
"No dejes que tus pensamientos escapen de tu control"
justinriley11
Pro Prospect
And1: 324

Post#48 » by justinriley11 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:05 pm

Yallbecrazy wrote:lol, unless injuries are involved this isn't a contest

indiana over toronto right?.
justinriley11
Pro Prospect

Post#49 » by justinriley11 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:06 pm

Wizop wrote:

Sent from my phone.

Pacers easily have the best bench in the league now....
justinriley11
Pro Prospect

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Who will be better next season: Toronto or Indiana? 

Post#50 » by justinriley11 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:09 pm

mowcrowbar wrote:
Wizop wrote:
mowcrowbar wrote: you shouldn't come off so cocky.

didn't mean to be cocky. really don't remember all of your bench. van Vleet. Powell. I'd really have to look up the rest so I asked. I fully agree that our bench had weaknesses last year particularly on the road. Good Lance tended to show up at home with Bad Lance on the road. GRob was our only other wing and he disappointed. Evans should be a big upgrade at 2 with McDermott upgrading the 3.

Sent from my phone.

I can see Evans taking over the starting pg spot from Collison tbh, or outplaying him in minutes at the very least. With his increased shooting, he can probably even play the off guard and let Oladipo create. As far as the Raptors bench goes, it necessarily isn't about individual players, even though we have some really good pieces, but how they play in cohesion. Think about it, the Raptors bench outperforms the starters more often than not. I'd keep my eye out for Siakam and OG personally.

how did Evans playing PG work out in the past? he is much better off the bench..6th man of the year 2019.
justinriley11
Pro Prospect

Post#51 » by justinriley11 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:11 pm

NoBias wrote:
dipodenis wrote:
Wizop wrote:Pacers significantly upgraded their bench. Our second 5 is now CoJo, Reke, Mcbuckets, O'Quinn (or Leaf), and Sabonis. Remind me where you are better now.

Sent from my phone.

Sabonis > Siakam
Reke > CJ Miles
McDermott > Powell
KOQ < Poeltl

JV = Myles
Ibaka=Young
OG> Bojan
demar = oladipo
Lowry>> Collison

Poeltl> KOQ
Siakam < Sabonis
cj>mcdermott
Delon Wright < Tyreke
FVV> Cory Joseph

did you just say OG over Bojan????? and turner and young are both better than JV and ibaka....and im not feeling the double arrow towards lowry lmao...collison led the league in assists to turnover ratio and 3pt % compared to lowry who seems to fold a lot.
Topher
Lead Assistant

Post#52 » by Topher » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:23 pm

rocopc wrote:
Topher wrote:

ok.. I know that my english its not that good... and probablly I made a mistake...I think Casey its a great coach and the Raptors made a mistake firing him... ok.. for your respond you think they really do a great job firing him... ok agreed to desagreed...

I wasn’t saying anything about your English. I couldn’t even tell. I just mean Casey held this team back. His firing was a blessing.
Topher
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by Topher » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:34 pm

justinriley11 wrote:
NoBias wrote:
dipodenis wrote:
Sabonis > Siakam
Reke > CJ Miles
McDermott > Powell
KOQ < Poeltl

JV = Myles
Ibaka=Young
OG> Bojan
demar = oladipo
Lowry>> Collison

Poeltl> KOQ
Siakam < Sabonis
cj>mcdermott
Delon Wright < Tyreke
FVV> Cory Joseph

did you just say OG over Bojan????? and turner and young are both better than JV and ibaka....and im not feeling the double arrow towards lowry lmao...collison led the league in assists to turnover ratio and 3pt % compared to lowry who seems to fold a lot.

Lowry led the league in charges taken and was 3rd in 3’s made...
He also had a terrific post season last year. Best of his career.
Yeezus_
RealGM
And1: 13,741

Post#54 » by Yeezus_ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:35 pm

lmao you Pacers fans can't be serious right now. Your team overachieved last season.

Also the only team the Raptors are trash against in the playoffs are the Cavs. Every other team we handled the past 3 playoffs (Pacers/Heat/Bucks/Wizards).
Yeezy SZN approaching
Eskobar13
Starter
And1: 1,325

Post#55 » by Eskobar13 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:54 pm

Just wanted to make sure everyone knows that in 17/18:

Tyreke Evans + Victor Oladipo > Kyle Lowry + Demar Derozan.

I mistakenly voted Pacers before seeing the question was regular season wins. I think the poll actually reflects my opinion well, which is that the Raptors still have the edge in depth and more experience - despite a lower ceiling than the Pacers.
cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,387

Post#56 » by cupcakesnake » Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:59 pm

Raptors should clearly be favored going into the season. This core has won a lot of games the past 5 seasons.

Myles Turner is the big question here. We've been waiting for him to take a big leap but he's been making marginal improvements at best. Is there a star in there or does he have less potential than we initially thought. Still looks like he'll be a good shooter and great rim protector, but maybe those twiggy legs keep him from being any kind of dominant force (he's very weak on the boards and his finishing numbers have been declining to below average).

Raptors counter is the development of OG and Siakam, who have a little star potential in them. OG is a beast with good role player skills, we'll see if he's got a little more than that. Siakam is one of the fastest end to end player in the league and an elite athlete with small hints of a potential skill set. Delon Wright, Jakob Poetl, FVV and even Norm Powell all have chances to make huge gains.

Oladipo stepped over Demar and Kyle last year (He's kind of like a taller more athletic Lowry imo). No one should fear Demar after 5 straight years of empty carb stats that get horrifically exposed in the playoffs. Lowry could take a step back due to age, but is still really good. Valanciunas quietly destroyed the league in limited minutes last year (per 36 of 20 points 14 boards, while shooting an absurd 57/40/80!!!) and it's possibly Nick Nurse unleashes him in ways Casey refused to. Ibaka is washed. Thad Young is declining as his athleticism fades.

Not out of the question Indy surges forward, but at the outset the Raptors are clearly ahead in terms of roster construction.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
Optms
RealGM
And1: 16,963

Post#57 » by Optms » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:08 pm

Indiana for me. Raptors have already maxed out. 59 wins and they just fired the COY for an unproven guy just because they have cowards on their roster who are afraid of Lebron James. They aren't going to get better, they're going backwards.
KHRICH
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,554

Post#58 » by KHRICH » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:18 pm

phraoh wrote:Why would anyone think Toronto?? Pacers had a great off season, have depth, and a team that shows grit. Pacers will win the East this year, and probably finish with the second best record in the East. And I am not even a Pacer fan, but a Cavs fan who felt the Pacers were the best team they faced in the Eastern Conference playoffs and that was last year prior to their additions this year.

Pacers win the east? Jesus... what planet am I on. Did bucks Sixers raptors an celtics just fold franchises and move west? I honestly think pistons will finish ahead of Pacers.
BigShaq34
Sixth Man
And1: 2,849

Post#59 » by BigShaq34 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:31 pm

NoBias wrote:
dipodenis wrote:
Wizop wrote:Pacers significantly upgraded their bench. Our second 5 is now CoJo, Reke, Mcbuckets, O'Quinn (or Leaf), and Sabonis. Remind me where you are better now.

Sent from my phone.

Sabonis > Siakam
Reke > CJ Miles
McDermott > Powell
KOQ < Poeltl

JV = Myles
Ibaka=Young
OG> Bojan
demar = oladipo
Lowry>> Collison

Poeltl> KOQ
Siakam < Sabonis
cj>mcdermott
Delon Wright < Tyreke
FVV> Cory Joseph

JV is easily better than Miles Turner dude.
Patches Perry
RealGM
And1: 15,366

Post#60 » by Patches Perry » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:48 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see the Pacers disappoint people next season.

Return to The General Board