Sacramento Trades Garrett Temple To Memphis For Ben McLemore, Deytona Davis, & Cash

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Jadoogar
RealGM
And1: 14,658

Re: Sacramento Trades Garrett Temple To Memphis For Ben McLemore, Deytona Davis, & Cash 

Post#81 » by Jadoogar » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:42 pm

SacKingZZZ wrote:
macNcheese3 wrote:
Smitson wrote:Wasn't Davis supposed to be a high draft pick and then fell to the early second round?

Trading for McLemore is such a Kings move. I'm sure the Nic Stauskas trade is coming next.

not sure what Sac was thinking, but Memphis gets a usable player in Temple. He can be a solid bench role player.

I'm hoping it's a sign that Buddy Hield and Bogdan Bogdanovic don't have to look over their shoulders anymore and get all those minutes without issue.

Idk man, they just traded for another highly regarded King's pick in Ben McLemore. He's coming for those SG minutes.
SacKingZZZ
RealGM
And1: 1,082

Re: Sacramento Trades Garrett Temple To Memphis For Ben McLemore, Deytona Davis, & Cash 

Post#82 » by SacKingZZZ » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:43 pm

Jadoogar wrote:
SacKingZZZ wrote:
macNcheese3 wrote:
not sure what Sac was thinking, but Memphis gets a usable player in Temple. He can be a solid bench role player.

I'm hoping it's a sign that Buddy Hield and Bogdan Bogdanovic don't have to look over their shoulders anymore and get all those minutes without issue.

Idk man, they just traded for another highly regarded King's pick in Ben McLemore. He's coming for those SG minutes.

I doubt it but you never know what Dave Joerger is going to do. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't end up waiving him.
contestedlayups
Sixth Man
And1: 1,490

Post#83 » by contestedlayups » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:15 pm

I like the Davis acquisition by Sacramento, as he looked decent to me when I saw him last year. Active big, very long. Hopefully he stays motivated in Sacramento. Temple also is a good acquisition by Memphis, as they're looking for a playoff spot this year and a veteran like Temple will immediately provide some stability at the two or three.
Subscribe to Contested Layups on iTunes or Google Play!

Itunes: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/contested-layups/id1331840924
Infinite Llamas
General Manager
And1: 21,311

Post#84 » by Infinite Llamas » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:20 pm

Davis looked really good whenever I saw him. Hits a bunch of jumpers and can block shots too. People talk about the KIngs having too many bigs but if a bunch of the bigs are stiffs, it shouldn’t be an issue. Kong’s need to move on from guys like Randolph and Kofous and try to develop guys like Giles/Skal/Davis. Temple was a good vet but he would help a contender/playoff team more.

Not sure about the uproar here. Both team seemed to get what they want.
Gerald Green Loves LLamas!
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,706

Post#85 » by Sactowndog » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:52 pm

Darth Celtic wrote:
jason bourne wrote:
Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Possible rosters after this trade:

Grizzlies:

Conley/Carter/Harrison
Temple/Selden/Simmons
Brooks/Casspi/Parsons
Jackson Jr./Anderson/Martin
Gasol/Green/Rabb

Kings:

Fox/Mason/(Miles Jr.?)
Hield/McLemore/Shumpert
Bogdanovic/Jackson/Sampson
Bagley/Randolph/Labissere
Giles/WCS/Davis/Koufus

It seems like WCS may be on the move. They have too many bigs.

It's Bogdan Bogdonovic. Not Bojan. He's a SG. This deal makes no sense for the Kings unless they got a pick back or another deal is in the works. Temple was supposed to be their starting SF and they need a SF. They need another big like they need a hole in the Vlade's head. The Kings need to hire Sam Hinkie as co-GM with their contracts guy. Hinkie's in the area, too.

New lineup
Fox/Mason
Bogdonavic/Hield
Bagley/Jackson
Giles/Scal
WCS/Davis

I’m pretty sure Vlade is the only person in the NBA who might think Bagley can play the 3.
Pinkyring
RealGM
And1: 6,327

Post#86 » by Pinkyring » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:10 pm

Really hope Dallas can snag McLemore, rick has a way with wings
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,393

Post#87 » by SOUL » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:12 pm

Bologna Smasher wrote:I really hope the Kings don't waste develop time trying to run Bagley at SF. He would be atrocious guarding other small forwards. Reminds me what the Magic tried to do with Aaron Gordon.

Gordon defends SF's really well actually, it was on offense where he was bad there 2 seasons ago.
sackings916
Assistant Coach
And1: 614

Post#88 » by sackings916 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:19 pm

Pinkyring wrote:Really hope Dallas can snag McLemore, rick has a way with wings

Nothing and no one can save Ben McLemore. His basketball IQ and decision making alone make him a huge liability at all times. He plays scared. He can’t dribble or pass and is a horrendous defender. He’s a decent to good 3pt shooter and a good athlete but nowhere near enough to offset his negatives.
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,500

Post#89 » by DaPessimist » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:25 pm

Kings brought McLemore back? :lol:

How is this guy still in the league when he flops everywhere he goes?
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#90 » by LakersSoul » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:02 am

Mr.Raptorsingh wrote:Possible rosters after this trade:

Grizzlies:

Conley/Carter/Harrison
Temple/Selden/Simmons
Brooks/Casspi/Parsons
Jackson Jr./Anderson/Martin
Gasol/Green/Rabb

Kings:

Fox/Mason/(Miles Jr.?)
Hield/McLemore/Shumpert
Bogdanovic/Jackson/Sampson
Bagley/Randolph/Labissere
Giles/WCS/Davis/Koufus

It seems like WCS may be on the move. They have too many bigs.

Sacramento was not going anywhere with Temple. He is 32 years old and it was time to give Hield the spot at SG.
They turn him into backup McLemore and a back center in Deytona Davis plus Valde/Vivek's favorite, cash!!

They save another 1 million under the cap for potentially facilitating trades, add cash from Memphis and get a 21 year old backup that was originally projected to be a first round pick.

They could unload WCS for a bigger contract plus picks for teams wanting cap relief and a decent player in WCS.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,230

Post#91 » by Papi_swav » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:04 am

Temple is a very good player , great trade for the Grizzlies, he will help them win.
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Post#92 » by Paradise » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:17 am

Weird deal for Sacramento...
phraoh
Sixth Man
And1: 714

Post#93 » by phraoh » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:38 am

I thought it was a great deal by Sacramento, as I think Davis is a good young NBA relevant big. Whenever I saw him play, I was impressed with him. McLemore...who knows...I never understood why he never was a better player. To me it makes a ton of sense for Sacramento....a lot more sense than Memphis getting another old mediocre player.
LakersSoul
Head Coach

Post#94 » by LakersSoul » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:01 am

phraoh wrote:I thought it was a great deal by Sacramento, as I think Davis is a good young NBA relevant big. Whenever I saw him play, I was impressed with him. McLemore...who knows...I never understood why he never was a better player. To me it makes a ton of sense for Sacramento....a lot more sense than Memphis getting another old mediocre player.

I think Sacramento should have demanded a 2nd rounder in the future say 2020 for Temple.
They didnt need to trade Temple and Memphis was more pressed to add players to that roster for a playoff push.

I also like Davis and cash but they could have held tight.

King Baller
Pro Prospect
And1: 168

Post#95 » by King Baller » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:18 am

LakersSoul wrote:
phraoh wrote:I thought it was a great deal by Sacramento, as I think Davis is a good young NBA relevant big. Whenever I saw him play, I was impressed with him. McLemore...who knows...I never understood why he never was a better player. To me it makes a ton of sense for Sacramento....a lot more sense than Memphis getting another old mediocre player.

I think Sacramento should have demanded a 2nd rounder in the future say 2020 for Temple.
They didnt need to trade Temple and Memphis was more pressed to add players to that roster for a playoff push.

I also like Davis and cash but they could have held tight.

There was a 2021 2nd rounder in the deal.
"I don't want to hear what he can't do. Tell me what the player can do to help us." Bill Walsh
LakersSoul
Head Coach

Post#96 » by LakersSoul » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:33 am

Jordan45822 wrote:
@wojespn
Sacramento is finalizing a trade to send forward Garrett Temple to Memphis for Ben McLemore, Deyonta Davis and cash, league sources tell ESPN.

Ben back to Sacto. Poor Guy

Great deal for Sacramento!!

You let Hield take over the starting role and trade 32 year old for assets:

Backup McLemore
Backup center DDavis with upside
Cash: 1.5 million
future 2nd rounder

Not bad haul for a 32 year old backup. Good job Vlade!!

Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#97 » by Spens1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:56 am

Do the Kings want an entire lineup of S.G's or something?
Unbiased hater
Sixth Man
And1: 749

Post#98 » by Unbiased hater » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:02 am

Vlade is out of his raspberry picking mind
RIPskaterdude
RealGM
And1: 36,467

Post#99 » by RIPskaterdude » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:06 am

The Kings received enough $$$ to cover Davis, so most likely they will waive him or BMac
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#100 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:35 am

DaPessimist wrote:Kings brought McLemore back? :lol:

How is this guy still in the league when he flops everywhere he goes?

You realize he spent 4 years in sac, 1 year in Memphis and here we are today. "Everywhere he goes"... smh

Return to The General Board