GB Discussion (OT) Thread (No Political talk)

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Raps2018Champs
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,920

Re: Does anyone know where to place NBA bets? 

Post#281 » by Raps2018Champs » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:53 pm

HeartBreakKid wrote:
Raps2018Champs wrote:Gambling ruins lives and families. Dont gamble.

One of my best buddies went to undergrad same time as me, around 2009. He's still **** there. Dont think he got his degree. While rest of us are starting our families and buying condos etc.

Dont gamble bro.

Dont gamble because one of your friends dropped out of college? Might as well tell us not to drink or play vidya games while ya at it.

Well yeah, dont get addicted to drinking or video games either fellas.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,676

Post#282 » by Dupp » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:56 pm

Internet.com
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#283 » by euroleague » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:39 pm

u4ric wrote:
euroleague wrote:I want to bet on a few W/L over unders, as some seem ridiculous

I’m high on Grizzlies and Utah, low on Houston

Where you're located makes a bit of a difference. There are plenty of online places you can go. If you're serious, I can provide you some places that are legit and no, I don't get any kick backs. Myself and others have made bets on these sites for various sports like NCAA Football, NHL, NFL, Boxing, etc..

Yes I'm serious.
euroleague
General Manager
And1: 1,869

Post#284 » by euroleague » Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:40 pm

Raps2018Champs wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:
Raps2018Champs wrote:Gambling ruins lives and families. Dont gamble.

One of my best buddies went to undergrad same time as me, around 2009. He's still **** there. Dont think he got his degree. While rest of us are starting our families and buying condos etc.

Dont gamble bro.

Dont gamble because one of your friends dropped out of college? Might as well tell us not to drink or play vidya games while ya at it.

You're buying a condo and you started in 2009? I started in 2008, just finishing undergrad :lol:

Although my story may be a bit more complicated than your friends.
Raps2018Champs
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,920

Post#285 » by Raps2018Champs » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:07 pm

euroleague wrote:
Raps2018Champs wrote:
HeartBreakKid wrote:Dont gamble because one of your friends dropped out of college? Might as well tell us not to drink or play vidya games while ya at it.

You're buying a condo and you started in 2009? I started in 2008, just finishing undergrad :lol:

Although my story may be a bit more complicated than your friends.

Working right out of school + getting help from parents + good income from fiancé + low cost lifestyle
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Re: GB Discussion (OT) Thread (No Political talk) 

Post#286 » by jlokine » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:02 am

throwback to my fellow canadians!

LascelleL
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,996

Re: The San Antonio Spurs welcome DeMar DeRozan with a BBQ sauce fountain 

Post#288 » by LascelleL » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:35 pm

Honestly. Even though we HAD to seize the opportunity for Kawhi. im glad DeRozan is with a world class organization.
Slim Charlez
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,451

Post#289 » by Slim Charlez » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:44 pm

He came up big yesterday against the wolves. Can't believe clowns in here actually had Kyle Anderson ahead of him SMH.
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,470

Post#290 » by Chinook » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:54 pm

There are still going to be folks who think Anderson is better than DeRozan. He's not. Kyle's not better; he's not "more impactful", and he doesn't "contribute more to winning". And I love Kyle and wanted the Spurs to keep him. But there are just arguments that defy any reason, and asserting guys like DeRozan and Aldridge are neutral or net-negative players is one of those.
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#291 » by NBAFan93 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:58 pm

I love those HEB ads. Cool they did one to welcome DeRozan.
codydaze
Forum Mod - Kings
Forum Mod - Kings
And1: 4,505

Post#292 » by codydaze » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:39 pm

Chinook wrote:There are still going to be folks who think Anderson is better than DeRozan. He's not. Kyle's not better; he's not "more impactful", and he doesn't "contribute more to winning". And I love Kyle and wanted the Spurs to keep him. But there are just arguments that defy any reason, and asserting guys like DeRozan and Aldridge are neutral or net-negative players is one of those.

Wait, there were actual people saying Kyle Anderson was better than Derozan? I'm a huge Anderson fan but that's just incredibly wrong.
Topher
Lead Assistant
And1: 11,467

Post#293 » by Topher » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:18 pm

Chinook wrote:There are still going to be folks who think Anderson is better than DeRozan. He's not. Kyle's not better; he's not "more impactful", and he doesn't "contribute more to winning". And I love Kyle and wanted the Spurs to keep him. But there are just arguments that defy any reason, and asserting guys like DeRozan and Aldridge are neutral or net-negative players is one of those.

lolwut
Chinook
Head Coach
And1: 3,470

Post#294 » by Chinook » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:38 am

codydaze wrote:Wait, there were actual people saying Kyle Anderson was better than Derozan? I'm a huge Anderson fan but that's just incredibly wrong.

Topher wrote:lolwut

Essentially before the latest rash of injuries, some people who saw the Spurs' win projections argued that Anderson and Green more than canceled out DeRozan. Furthermore, stats like RPM comparatively love Anderson, and when asked to explain how a stat can have a guy like Kyle as being the better player, some folks ether doubled down ("Anderson IS the better player") or used other terms like "more impactful" to essentially say the same thing.

I'm just restating more definitively that there isn't a way to interpret any data to define Anderson as better than DeRozan. Stats that say otherwise need to be tweaked numerically, because there's isn't a level of head-canon that can really make someone believe that to be true. Not only is DeMar better in a vacuum, but on a generic team, he would be better. You're more likely to win games with DeRozan on your team than Anderson. You're closer to winning a title with DeRozan rather than Anderson. In the playoffs, I'd rather have DeRozan. In the "modern game", I'd rather have DeRozan. I hate that I even have to say that, but I do.
KHRICH
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,523

Post#295 » by KHRICH » Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:28 pm

I refuse to believe people thought this.
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,175

Warriors troll Duhamel & Fergie #FergieRemixChallenge 

Post#296 » by DeathLineup » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:13 am

Earlier in the day, actor Josh Duhamel called out Warriors forward Draymond Green for snickering during Fergie singing the national anthem during the NBA All-Star Game in February. Duhamel, Fergie's ex-husband, went as far as calling Green a "prick" for laughing.

How did the Warriors respond? Just with a remix of Fergie's anthem blasting in the locker room in New York.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/sports/csn/warriors/Warriors_troll_Josh_Duhamel__Fergie_s_national_anthem_after_win_vs__Knicks-498761681.html

#thevillain
badass316
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,075

Re: Warriors troll Duhamel & Fergie 

Post#297 » by badass316 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:18 am

She was so bad it was laughable. She was gonna get clowned and turned into a meme regardless if Dray snickered or not. I almost couldn't believe how bad it was live.
ckman
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#298 » by ckman » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:19 am

Lol a prick for laughing? Half the stadium were laughing. He should call his ex-wife a prick for insulting US national anthem
afarmenian
Analyst
And1: 3,504

Post#299 » by afarmenian » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:20 am

Good,

no great I saw that interview. What a smug self serving bag that guy came off as. Makes me sick to think he is that big of a tool to make me side with anything warriors.

Everyone was laughing at her. Everyone multiple times, outloud. It was top 5 worst anthems of all time.
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#300 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:21 am

That's dope. Fergie is disgrace of a singer
Raptors til death

Return to The General Board