Markelle Fultz: NBA Most Important Player?

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

DeathLineup
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,175

Markelle Fultz: NBA Most Important Player? 

Post#1 » by DeathLineup » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Fultz provides the biggest swing compared to any other player in this league. It’s not even close. He turns out to be good, then Sixers got a legit chance to win the East. He turns out ot be bad, then Sixers is stuck being just another good team.

Markelle Fultz. He is the biggest unknown in the league. Every scenario is on the table. He could can enough jumpers, work as the speedster pick-and-roll playmaker Philly badly needs, and solidify his spot in the starting lineup. (His first two preseason games have been encouraging. He made a 3-pointer on Monday!) He could redevelop the yips and crater. No matter what, I want to see every second of it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24846824/zach-lowe-2018-19-nba-league-pass-rankings-part-1
#thevillain
Raps2018Champs
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,920

Re: Markelle Fultz: Most Important Player? 

Post#2 » by Raps2018Champs » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:24 pm

DeathLineup wrote:Fultz provides the biggest swing compared to any other player in this league. It’s not even close. He turns out to be good, then Sixers got a legit chance to win the East. He turns out ot be bad, then Sixers is stuck being just another good team.

Markelle Fultz. He is the biggest unknown in the league. Every scenario is on the table. He could can enough jumpers, work as the speedster pick-and-roll playmaker Philly badly needs, and solidify his spot in the starting lineup. (His first two preseason games have been encouraging. He made a 3-pointer on Monday!) He could redevelop the yips and crater. No matter what, I want to see every second of it.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24846824/zach-lowe-2018-19-nba-league-pass-rankings-part-1

IDK if you can call him the most "important" player, since that certainly has to be Embiid or Simmons, but Fultz is their wildcard/x-factor for sure.
BudenFerry
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,496

Post#3 » by BudenFerry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:26 pm

Yeah, no. Philly isn't winning a chip this year whether Fultz is a bum or a star.
BudenFerry
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by BudenFerry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:27 pm

Raps2018Champs wrote:
DeathLineup wrote:Fultz provides the biggest swing compared to any other player in this league. It’s not even close. He turns out to be good, then Sixers got a legit chance to win the East. He turns out ot be bad, then Sixers is stuck being just another good team.

IDK if you can call him the most "important" player, since that certainly has to be Embiid or Simmons, but Fultz is their wildcard/x-factor for sure.

I believe he is trying to pass off Fultz as the most important player in the league, not just in Philly. :lol:
Raps2018Champs
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,920

Post#5 » by Raps2018Champs » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:30 pm

BudenFerry wrote:
Raps2018Champs wrote:

I believe he is trying to pass off Fultz as the most important player in the league, not just in Philly. :lol:

:o :o
AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,151

Re: Markelle Fultz: NBA Most Important Player? 

Post#6 » by AdagioPace » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:32 pm

I would call him "decisive uknown"
"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
BudenFerry
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by BudenFerry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:33 pm

AdagioPace wrote:I would call him the most "decisive uknown"

I wouldn't.

Kawhi, Cousins and Hayward easily beat him in that category since they are on actual contenders.
NoZoLakers
General Manager
And1: 3,358

Post#8 » by NoZoLakers » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:34 pm

come on OP, even if he didn't have the rookie yr that he did there is no way he is the difference between Phi winning the east vs. just being good. He's a 2nd yr player, unless he was "DUNCAN" like generational talent.
AdagioPace
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,151

Post#9 » by AdagioPace » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:34 pm

BudenFerry wrote:
AdagioPace wrote:I would call him the most "decisive uknown"

I wouldn't.

Kawhi, Cousins and Hayward easily beat him in that category since they are on actual contenders.

agree, I edited my comment. I've thought about the options you mention and they are as important as Fultz in being huge factors of failure and success.
"La natura gode della natura; la natura trionfa sulla natura; la natura domina la natura" - Ostanes
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#10 » by macNcheese3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:34 pm

Burner accounts or not BC should have been fired for trading up to select this kid. Imagine, Tatum, Simmons, Embiid.
Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,901

Post#11 » by Jabroni Lames » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:35 pm

All Colangelo had to do was sit tight and let Tatum fall in his lap, like all the mock drafts had forecasted. Sometimes those nerds in their parent's basement can be smarter than highly paid NBA GMs. lol.
JB2
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,104

Post#12 » by JB2 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:36 pm

Fultz being a star would certainly put them closer to Boston as EC favorite but that's as much as I can say..

Would love to see D'Angelo in Philly with former teammates Ben and Joel. He's exactly what they need in a 3rd/4th star.
Hipster Doofus
Head Coach
And1: 6,491

Post#13 » by Hipster Doofus » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:38 pm

BudenFerry wrote:Yeah, no. Philly isn't winning a chip this year whether Fultz is a bum or a star.

The Warriors are winning the chip. The rest of the league is just going through the motions until the regular season ends. Then it's Golden State time.

Sobering truth.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed.
Illmatic12
RealGM
And1: 8,459

Post#14 » by Illmatic12 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:40 pm

Fultz looks like he'll be a non-factor this year. Its a shame, you never want to see a player's career start off like this but but his game is a mess
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,175

Post#15 » by DeathLineup » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:40 pm

BallnIngram wrote:come on OP, even if he didn't have the rookie yr that he did there is no way he is the difference between Phi winning the east vs. just being good. He's a 2nd yr player, unless he was "DUNCAN" like generational talent.

Fultz was the first overall pick for a reason. He was good, good, real good before the draft. His game looked very NBA-ready.
#thevillain
BudenFerry
Pro Prospect

Post#16 » by BudenFerry » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:44 pm

Canadian6ersFan wrote:
BudenFerry wrote:Yeah, no. Philly isn't winning a chip this year whether Fultz is a bum or a star.

The Warriors are winning the chip. The rest of the league is just going through the motions until the regular season ends. Then it's Golden State time.

Sobering truth.

Most likely true, but injuries happen and the Rockets almost happened last year. Point being, the 76ers will not be contenders even if random events knock the Warriors out of their current overwhelming favorites status.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,839

Post#17 » by Karate Diop » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:51 pm

He's not even the most important player on his team.
ckman
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,198

Post#18 » by ckman » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:53 pm

I get what you trying to say , but i don't like the choice of words, i mean , how the hell he suppose to be the most important player in the league yet his team got no chance of winning the chip no matter what ? Even you think best case scenario for them is winning the East !!!
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,253

Post#19 » by PistolPeteJR » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:55 pm

OP didn't say anything about winning a chip.
bigpimpatl
Veteran
And1: 1,263

Post#20 » by bigpimpatl » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:57 pm

Sixers have a strong bench, versatile players, and good coaches. They are a markelle fultz #1 pick breakout season away from reaching the finals.

Return to The General Board