Markelle Fultz: NBA Most Important Player?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Re: Markelle Fultz: NBA Most Important Player? 

Post#181 » by GeorgeMarcus » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:32 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
SuperDario wrote:2 games. Goosfraba. I do wish Brown would start Redick and play Fultz off the bench though.

Ya I feel like him starting is really only for Fultz confidence. JJ fits a lot better with the starting lineup because of his shooting and his elite off ball movement, that really makes Simmons life easier in the half court. Also Fultz being the main ball handler and going against 2nd string guys should be better for him as well.

Exactly. I get the confidence element, but letting him run the 2nd unit seems like a more effective approach than hiding him off ball next to more talented players. That’s not playing to his strengths, not to mention JJ’s. Redick is the perfect offensive complement to Simmons/Embiid and our SL can hide him well enough on defense. Our 2nd unit... not so much.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,197

Post#182 » by Clemenza » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:39 pm

I wish he'd play better so the 'Fultz story' would go away. The crowd giving him a standing O when he made a bucket was sad
NY Kicks
Junior
And1: 19

Post#183 » by NY Kicks » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:43 pm

Fultz might be another top pick bust even if it's to early to call. His shot selections and % are so discouraging. I hope I am wrong
My GOAT Team

Magic
Jordan
Bird
Hakeem
Kareem

Bench:Wilt, Russell, Stockton, Isiah Thomas, TD, Kobe, Dr J, Pippen
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,343

Post#184 » by sunskerr » Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:20 am

I kinda feel like him and Dragan Bender have the same thing going on. It's all mental with them. Obviously Bender has less developed skills but it's the way they play right now that is strikingly similar. They just look rushed and timid when they are on the court.
arh1109
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#185 » by arh1109 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:19 pm

abark wrote:
arh1109 wrote:He’d be a sure fire star 10 years ago. But in this era hes about as useful as a poopy flavored popsicle. If he learns to shoot he could be like John Wall.

This isn't an era thing. He's shooting 50% from the line for his career. He has serious confidence issues and it looks like his right arm has nerve damage when he shoots from anywhere (not just three's).

Also John Wall is the fastest player with the ball in the league (comparable to Westbrook), and he is an elite playmaker. Fultz is not in the same league when it comes to explosiveness. He's far from a jumpshot away from being John Wall.

Lol nerve damage. That’s pure speculation, it’s obviously confidence issue along with skill issue. Judging from his first game, he gets about as much respect from 3 as Rondo did early in his career.

Ok John Wall was a bad comparison. Baron Davis is who he reminded me of at draft time last year. He is an elite athlete in several areas he just doesn’t know how to use it. His first step is quick and strong. Gets past his defenders easily when guarded tight. But he can’t finish around the rim just yet. And if you look at his ability to get chase down blocks and blocks in general. More spectacular than Wall or Westbrook. I think he’ll be alright but are the 76ers going to be patient with him?
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#186 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:24 pm

He needs play well if the 76ers are to beat the raptors and Cs
knuckles862
Analyst
And1: 2,571

Post#187 » by knuckles862 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:35 pm

While most #1 picks come out and produce early Fultz also is in a rare situation that he is on a win now team so he can’t have growing pains like other top prospects could. He doesn’t get to have the green light and he isn’t the #1 option so in that regard it’s a lot harder to develop but I think he will still be a decent player
Alatan
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,534

Post#188 » by Alatan » Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:02 pm

You can sugarcoat it all you want, the kid looks like a bust.
abark
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,416

Post#189 » by abark » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:49 am

arh1109 wrote:
abark wrote:
arh1109 wrote:He’d be a sure fire star 10 years ago. But in this era hes about as useful as a poopy flavored popsicle. If he learns to shoot he could be like John Wall.

This isn't an era thing. He's shooting 50% from the line for his career. He has serious confidence issues and it looks like his right arm has nerve damage when he shoots from anywhere (not just three's).

Also John Wall is the fastest player with the ball in the league (comparable to Westbrook), and he is an elite playmaker. Fultz is not in the same league when it comes to explosiveness. He's far from a jumpshot away from being John Wall.

Lol nerve damage. That’s pure speculation, it’s obviously confidence issue along with skill issue. Judging from his first game, he gets about as much respect from 3 as Rondo did early in his career.

Ok John Wall was a bad comparison. Baron Davis is who he reminded me of at draft time last year. He is an elite athlete in several areas he just doesn’t know how to use it. His first step is quick and strong. Gets past his defenders easily when guarded tight. But he can’t finish around the rim just yet. And if you look at his ability to get chase down blocks and blocks in general. More spectacular than Wall or Westbrook. I think he’ll be alright but are the 76ers going to be patient with him?

To clarify, I don't at all think he has nerve damage. Not even sure he ever had any injury at all last year.

I was using hyperbole to describe how much he still struggles to control his arm when he shoots. I agree it's most likely a confidence issue, but that issue has made it look like he just started learning to shoot a basketball.
arh1109
Pro Prospect
And1: 104

Post#190 » by arh1109 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:46 am

abark wrote:
arh1109 wrote:
abark wrote:This isn't an era thing. He's shooting 50% from the line for his career. He has serious confidence issues and it looks like his right arm has nerve damage when he shoots from anywhere (not just three's).

To clarify, I don't at all think he has nerve damage. Not even sure he ever had any injury at all last year.

I was using hyperbole to describe how much he still struggles to control his arm when he shoots. I agree it's most likely a confidence issue, but that issue has made it look like he just started learning to shoot a basketball.

Stranger things have happened.
Hindenburg
Head Coach
And1: 13,854

Post#191 » by Hindenburg » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:31 am

If this keeps up, Fultz will find himself deep on the bench
Read on Twitter
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,458

Post#192 » by dhsilv2 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:36 am

Hindenburg wrote:If this keeps up, Fultz will find himself deep on the bench
Read on Twitter

Wow, the offensive rating doesn't surprise me, but last year on the second unit Fultz looked like a legit average to decent defensive point guard at least on ball with an ok off ball awareness given his age and experience.

Return to The General Board