Resting is already getting annoying

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Resting is already getting annoying 

Post#1 » by DTP » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:08 pm

No Leonard, Butler, or Hayward tonight due to resting......we aren't even a week into the damn season yet. My goodness I hate the softness of this league. Do NHL guys rest this much?

Btw Hayward is totally fine...I get that. The other two, especially Leonard, just annoys me. Robbed of such a good matchup tonight with Wizards/Raptors because they're resting a guy who's played less than 20 games in two years.....yeah that's what he needs, more rest!
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,537

Re: Resting is already getting annoying 

Post#2 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:09 pm

Wtf. Leonard is resting??
First Step
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,929

Post#3 » by First Step » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:10 pm

Don't sweat it so much man!
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,640

Post#4 » by Duke4life831 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:11 pm

I don't blame the Hayward one at all. The other two is a joke though this early in the season.
Romeiro Celtic
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,710

Post#5 » by Romeiro Celtic » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:12 pm

This is called prevention, a player who had a history of injuries recently should get some rest to avoid physical stress to prevent pain and other issues on his bodie, specially where he had the injury, because it's where is more vunerable. I get it that people pay to watch players, but you should understand that they are humans too.
Al Horford wrote:Brad Stevens is a genius, man.
Wolfgang630
RealGM

Post#6 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:12 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:I don't blame the Hayward one at all. The other two is a joke though this early in the season.

Seriously this is a **** joke. This is what the league has turned into now. Players sitting out 3 games into the season.
DTP
General Manager

Post#7 » by DTP » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Romeiro Celtic wrote:This is called prevention, a player who had a history of injuries recently should get some rest to avoid physical stress to prevent pain and other issues on his bodie, specially where he had the injury, because it's where is more vunerable. I get it that people pay to watch players, but you should understand that they are humans too.

Hayward is the only one this applies to out of Leonard & Butler.
doc slivers
Ballboy
And1: 163

Post#8 » by doc slivers » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Resting ensures that these guys are less likely to suffer an injury like all 3 have done in the past. You should be thankful teams are doing it.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,197

Post#9 » by clyde21 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Not sure why Leonard is resting but Hayward is coming off major surgery and Butler is probably resting because they want to get Towns going.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,528

Post#10 » by SFour » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:13 pm

Kawhi isn't going to play 3 games in 4 days coming off a season ending injury. He's already played 70+ minutes against Cavs/Cetlics. The Raptors want Kawhi to re-sign, so they will treat him with great care, and they need him for the playoffs not the regular season.
DTP
General Manager

Post#11 » by DTP » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:16 pm

First Step wrote:Don't sweat it so much man!

This league markets stars, not teams. I am 95% sure when the Wizards were trying to sell tickets to this game it was come watch John Wall and your Wizards take on Kawhi Leonard and the Toronto Raptors.....that's how it is. Kawhi top 5 player in the league...prices go up. So for a family of 4- 4 tickets at $50 each is $200 alone in tickets. Not to mention paying for parking....paying for gas to get to the arena, some people travel far that they have to spend on hotels and stuff. Going to games aint cheap at all and when guys are healthy they should play. It's understandable come March and April but it's freaking October 20th.
Trippinskarlo
Rookie
And1: 1,326

Post#12 » by Trippinskarlo » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:19 pm

The organizations should refund a percentage of ticket price to the consumer. Want to rest players? Fine, but don't falsely advertise a product and charge like it's the same quality. What if you got dubs tickets that are insanely expensive and they rest Durant and curry? I would be furious.
DTP
General Manager

Post#13 » by DTP » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:19 pm

doc slivers wrote:Resting ensures that these guys are less likely to suffer an injury like all 3 have done in the past. You should be thankful teams are doing it.

Where's the proof in this? Dude can get injured working out before the game....at shootaround....at practice...in the layup line. Guys can get hurt in their off season workouts. Injuries are injuries. I've yet to see any real proof that resting ensures these guys are less likely to be injured. LeBron has played in a ton more games than Danilo Gallinari but which one has had more injuries in their career?

It would be different if it was soreness/tightness or whatever but healthy DNPs suck.
WeTheNorth123
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,363

Post#14 » by WeTheNorth123 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:19 pm

For the raptors you also have to consider they have a game on monday, and i think wednesday too.

He played pretty big minutes against boston and cavs as well
Wolfgang630
RealGM

Post#15 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:20 pm

Start giving customers some of their money back. People pay more money to see superstars play and they’re already resting 3 games in.
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,555

Post#16 » by Dominator83 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:20 pm

Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Wolfgang630
RealGM

Post#17 » by Wolfgang630 » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:22 pm

doc slivers wrote:Resting ensures that these guys are less likely to suffer an injury like all 3 have done in the past. You should be thankful teams are doing it.

This is bs. Dudes get hurt all the time. They make the schedule longer for these millionaires. They spread the schedule out for these millionaires. They cut down back to backs and certain games in certain nights for these millionaires yet there’s still plenty of injuries.
Imon
Head Coach
And1: 6,263

Post#18 » by Imon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:24 pm

The NBA is a copycat league.

I really believed most NBA fans now understood the concept of resting players now. The Spurs were probably the most notable team to rest guys - although in their case the guys they rested were pretty old like Duncan and Ginobili.
I think the rest of the league saw the success that the Spurs had year after year and, like I said, it's a copycat league - other teams started emulating the Spurs. Yeah, maybe some teams may be taking it a little over the top but they'll eventually settle on a nice equilibrium.
DTP
General Manager

Post#19 » by DTP » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:24 pm

Trippinskarlo wrote:The organizations should refund a percentage of ticket price to the consumer. Want to rest players? Fine, but don't falsely advertise a product and charge like it's the same quality. What if you got dubs tickets that are insanely expensive and they rest Durant and curry? I would be furious.

Any time I go to a game I'm at least driving 2hrs both ways and I don't believe in driving that far to sit in bad seats, so probably paying at least $75-125 per ticket...add up gas....sometimes I have to stay in a hotel, it aint cheap at all. Even though I'm not a fan at any of these games tonight, I know there are hundreds more that do the same thing and I feel their pain. We understand injuries happen. We even understand guys dont play 82 games in seasons now.....before I buy any ticket I check out the schedule of both teams to see if its worth it because of the likelihood of a team punting and "resting" guys. But wtf expects this 4 days into the season? It's such bs!
doc slivers
Ballboy
And1: 163

Post#20 » by doc slivers » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Wolfgang630 wrote:

This is bs. Dudes get hurt all the time. They make the schedule longer for these millionaires. They spread the schedule out for these millionaires. They cut down back to backs and certain games in certain nights for these millionaires yet there’s still plenty of injuries.

Teams employ world class doctors and sports scientists. I trust that they know more than the average fan does about rest and protecting their assets.

Return to The General Board