Lakers/Rockets Fight

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Did Rondo Spit On Paul?

He did it! You must not debate, he did expectorate!
67%
Nope, he did not spit, you must acquit!
33%

Total votes: 100

Wizenheimer
RealGM
And1: 7,328

Re: Brawl at Staples Centre 

Post#901 » by Wizenheimer » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:16 pm

essentially, Chris Paul was fined $870K for one punch of Rondo
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,288

Post#902 » by CS707 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:19 pm

Coachcavplaya23 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:
Read on Twitter

Makes sense. I think the NBA got this right.

No they didn’t. Ingram getting a few games for throwing sucker punches that could seriously hurt someone is not getting it right. All of them should get more and set a precedent that you don’t fight or have confrontations on the court.

The NBA screwed the pooch on this but Silver obviously doesn’t know what he is doing.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Ingram’s skinny ass isn’t seriously hurting anyone.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,585

Post#903 » by Syd-TK3 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:19 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:
Syd-TK3 wrote:Should be more games for rondo and paul

Should be more for Ingram.

He came in as the two were being separately and threw a punch. League should have come down harder on that kind of behavior.

Should be more for all of them honestly but the NBA is scared
duke714
Freshman
And1: 42

Post#904 » by duke714 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:20 pm

I just don't see why Ingram received only four games. He was the instigator of the whole fight. Then pulls a Kermit Washington punch. The only difference is Washington punch landed. I feel the NBA is sending the wrong message and some one is going to get serious hurt it the future. Just my feelings
D.Brasco
General Manager
And1: 9,356

Re: Lakers/Rockets Fight 

Post#905 » by D.Brasco » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:20 pm

Childs wrote:

There will always be champions, but there will never be a brawl like this.

Watching this really shows how Artest got scapegoated but it was really Ben Wallace who started this whole mess by overeating to at most a hard foul. Wouldn't even call it a tech 1.
E-Balla
RealGM
And1: 24,419
Location: The Poster Formerly Known As The Gotham City Pantalones

Post#906 » by E-Balla » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:21 pm

LakersSoul wrote:
Catchall wrote:Sefalosha got a 5-game suspension for smoking weed when he was out with an injury. Rondo spits on a guy, sucker punches him and gets 3 games.

I thought Rondo was going to get 8-10 games.

Sucker punch?

You dont put your hands on someone's face and not expect to come to blows.
I dont understand why Paul didnt get the same number of suspension but whatever.

Rondo spit in his face and started the physical altercation. Makes sense he'd get more.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,287

Post#907 » by Jedi32 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:21 pm

Realgm has to be one of the most bipolar places on the internet. On one hand crying about the league and players are to soft and buddy buddy. See a fight that wasn’t even that big and it’s “OmG these thugs, and the league should put the hammer down for this because someone could get hurt”. :crazy:
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#908 » by clyde21 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:22 pm

Coachcavplaya23 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Pillendreher wrote:
Read on Twitter

No they didn’t. Ingram getting a few games for throwing sucker punches that could seriously hurt someone is not getting it right. All of them should get more and set a precedent that you don’t fight or have confrontations on the court.

The NBA screwed the pooch on this but Silver obviously doesn’t know what he is doing.

Not that serious. Fight happened, suspensions have been handed out, let's move on.

Save us the faux outrage.
Coachcavplaya23
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#909 » by Coachcavplaya23 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:25 pm

hoosierdaddy34 wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:Paul got 1 game too many.
Rondo got 2 games too few.
Ingram got 4 games too few.

This is nonsense. The NBA got it as I predicted, everyone 2-4 games. They got it right. Couple games, everyone move on, but the whiners will still whine of course. That’s what they do.

Ingram also got the longest suspension for fighting since Metta WorldPeace’s elbow on Harden in 2010. And he didn’t even land the punch. There is no precedence for any additional time.

Who cares if Ingram landed a punch or not? He came at a distance with the intent to hurt someone who wouldn’t have a chance to defend themselves. Ingram should be out for a while for that crap.

zzaj
General Manager
And1: 2,533

Post#910 » by zzaj » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:26 pm

Eh, if the NBA really wants to send a message of non-violence to players it's gotta be at least 5 games of 82 for each player involved. 5 games is enough for an absence to make an impact on team record, and that's ultimately what players will care about the most.

Personally, I think they should fine the ref for not physically separating CP3 and Rondo before it escalated. Watching it in real time it felt like something was about to happen and he just stood there and watched.
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#911 » by Dupp » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:30 pm

Defending Ingram is the height of delusion. Really weak by the nba. Should have gotten much more.

Also rondo spitting is just as low of an act as what Ingram did.

Very poor by the nba.
BallerTalk
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,816

Post#912 » by BallerTalk » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:32 pm

hoosierdaddy34 wrote:

This is nonsense. The NBA got it as I predicted, everyone 2-4 games. They got it right. Couple games, everyone move on, but the whiners will still whine of course. That’s what they do.

Ingram also got the longest suspension for fighting since Metta WorldPeace’s elbow on Harden in 2010. And he didn’t even land the punch. There is no precedence for any additional time.

Did I give you the impression my opinion was up for debate?
You checkin' for the sound of the beast
I'm the hound, I'ma creep, I get down, I'ma eat
I'ma keep somethin' to lay a naysayer to sleep
-
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,224

Post#913 » by levon » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:35 pm

BallerTalk wrote:
hoosierdaddy34 wrote:

Yeah, by posting it on a public forum. Grow up.
MaxRider
RealGM
And1: 5,805

Post#914 » by MaxRider » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:36 pm

throwing a punch is automatic 2 games
CP3 and Ingram sound fair
i feel like Rondo should get 4
duke714
Freshman
And1: 42

Post#915 » by duke714 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:38 pm

Jedi32 wrote:Realgm has to be one of the most bipolar places on the internet. On one hand crying about the league and players are to soft and buddy buddy. See a fight that wasn’t even that big and it’s “OmG these thugs, and the league should put the hammer down for this because someone could get hurt”. :crazy:

Google Kermit Washington Rudy Tomjananovich and let me know if you feel the same way. People do get seriously hurt being sucker punched. All fights should be handled much more seriously. Just my opinion
norcocredo
Rookie
And1: 1,437

Post#916 » by norcocredo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:41 pm

I thought 2 games more each was about right but whatever. It’s over. Time to move on.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#917 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:42 pm

Coachcavplaya23 wrote:
hoosierdaddy34 wrote:

Who cares if Ingram landed a punch or not? He came at a distance with the intent to hurt someone who wouldn’t have a chance to defend themselves. Ingram should be out for a while for that crap.

In other words, people can get hurt when a fight breaks out. These are grown ass men, they each know the injury risk of partaking in a melee.

Let’s not forget the hundreds of thousands in fines each will pay. While this same sort of stuff happens on a random Thursday night at the rec center, basketball can be an emotional game. But 300k? That’s an expensive skirmish. More than 95% of America makes in a year and dude is arguing the punishment was light.

The NBA got it exactly right. Stiff but not excessive.
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#918 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:45 pm

levon wrote:
BallerTalk wrote:
hoosierdaddy34 wrote:

Yeah, by posting it on a public forum. Grow up.

Exactly. Dude posts his opinion on a debate forum and then states its not up for debate.

If it isn’t up for debate then log off and keep it to yourself.
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,423

Post#919 » by ThatBoyNick » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:46 pm

dhsilv2 wrote:
ThatBoyNick wrote:
dhsilv2 wrote:
Fair enough...still no reason to poke an eye really ever.

Do you really think Paul was intentionally aiming for his eye though?

When people push a finger on someone’s face, almost 100% of the time it’s aimed at the forehead or nose. If you watch the video, there’s a lot of pushing and movement while Paul’s trying to poke Rondos face.

I think it’s likely Paul accidentally made contact with his eye while aiming for his nose or forehead.

To be honest, I've never poked someone like that, but going for the eye is about the only think that would make sense to me. Why would you throw a poke that aggressively at a forehead?

In my experience it’s fairly common, I’ve done it and have had it done to me a couple times in my 21 y/o life lol.

It’s meant to be demeaning when you push your finger against someone’s forehead or nose, it’s like your treating someone like a child and punishing them. It’s fairly rude but it’s nowhere near someone trying to poke another persons eye, that’s psychopath **** if your reaction is to go for someone’s eye, I highly doubt Paul is twisted inside like that.
Coachcavplaya23
Pro Prospect
And1: 648

Post#920 » by Coachcavplaya23 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:46 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Coachcavplaya23 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

Not that serious. Fight happened, suspensions have been handed out, let's move on.

Save us the faux outrage.

There is no fake outrage. Let’s see here bud. Rondo spit at CP3 and threw 2 pussy like punches. Only a female would spit during an argument. Ingram can’t even square up before throwing a punch. What can you expect from the Lakers though? The Lakers have a bunch of weak players on that roster. Mainly highly overrated by their own fans. You can’t expect much when Magic, Jeanie and Lebron are running a team.

Return to The General Board