Lakers/Rockets Fight

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Did Rondo Spit On Paul?

He did it! You must not debate, he did expectorate!
67%
Nope, he did not spit, you must acquit!
33%

Total votes: 100

Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Re: Brawl at Staples Centre 

Post#961 » by Ballerhogger » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:12 am

Im happy with the end result i thought ingram might get 5 games.. CP3 should gotten 3 games like rondo did. Pays to be President of the league.
shangrila
RealGM
And1: 6,067

Post#962 » by shangrila » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:20 am

Seems a bit light honestly. As someone said, getting more games for smoking weed is ludicrous.

Also makes me wonder if less popular and less profitable teams would get the same treatment. You think Andrew Wiggins only gets 4 games for barrelling into a fight and swinging wildly? Or Trae Young gets 2 games for poking someone in the face then swinging and connecting on multiple punches? I don't. But I'm a cynic.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,112

Post#963 » by og15 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:25 am

Ballerhogger wrote:Im happy with the end result i thought ingram might get 5 games.. CP3 should gotten 3 games like rondo did. Pays to be President of the league.

He definitely loses a lot not money per game than the other two, what is he losing, like a million dollars for the two games?
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#964 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:27 am

Young gun 6 wrote:Will come out more later on but intially on the replay looks like after the Ingram/Harden incident that CP3 eye gauged Rondo who then hits CP3 in the face, CP3 hits Rondo in the face and then Ingram comes in as a 3rd man throwing punches.

Will be 5-10+ suspensions you’d think..
When it went down yesterday my first guess was 5, 2, and 2; with Ingram getting 5. I am impressed with the NBA going 4, 3, and 2. Very reasonable for those involved in a high profile game.

Just right.
Bye bye Beal.
og15
Forum Mod - Clippers
Forum Mod - Clippers
And1: 29,112

Post#965 » by og15 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:29 am

shangrila wrote:Seems a bit light honestly. As someone said, getting more games for smoking weed is ludicrous.

Also makes me wonder if less popular and less profitable teams would get the same treatment. You think Andrew Wiggins only gets 4 games for barrelling into a fight and swinging wildly? Or Trae Young gets 2 games for poking someone in the face then swinging and connecting on multiple punches? I don't. But I'm a cynic.

Remember Afflalo punching Bjelica? Magic vs Wolves. Got two games. Lopez vs Ibaka was one game. The don't really give long suspensions.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#966 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:30 am

Wizenheimer wrote:essentially, Chris Paul was fined $870K for one punch of Rondo
Nice to make more in two days than the average person makes in 10 to 25 years ... or more.

:)
Bye bye Beal.
GusFring
Starter
And1: 2,639

Post#967 » by GusFring » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:43 am

Love Rondo, he's underrated on this board. Has classic grit and I loved him on the bulls. Hope he works out in LA, they're fun to watch. Its nice to see guards who don't **** the bed with lebron on the bench right?
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#968 » by LakersSoul » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:50 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Wizenheimer wrote:essentially, Chris Paul was fined $870K for one punch of Rondo
Nice to make more in two days than the average person makes in 10 to 25 years ... or more.

:)

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app

Man in the Arena.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
Wolfgang630
RealGM
And1: 16,381

Post#969 » by Wolfgang630 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:51 am

og15 wrote:
Ballerhogger wrote:Im happy with the end result i thought ingram might get 5 games.. CP3 should gotten 3 games like rondo did. Pays to be President of the league.

He definitely loses a lot not money per game than the other two, what is he losing, like a million dollars for the two games?

Oh no the horror a couple million dollars...
TheRealKaboom
Sixth Man
And1: 1,716

Post#970 » by TheRealKaboom » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:05 am

shangrila wrote:Seems a bit light honestly. As someone said, getting more games for smoking weed is ludicrous.

What? It's exactly the opposite. The Lakers are the ones who are disadvantaged by the NBA.

Why? Ask David Stern and he'll tell you it's for "basketball reasons".
Collymore
Starter
And1: 2,777

Post#971 » by Collymore » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:53 am

clyde21 wrote:
Collymore wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
I played football, soccer and basketball in high school. I can't even count how many times I wore a mouth guard.

Watch the **** video. Rondo spat on CP3 face. It's right in front your eyes.

You wore a mouth guard playing soccer? :lol:

Yes. Didn't feel like getting my teeth elbowed in?

Not much of a communicator or runner, right? I never seen anyone with mouth guard during all my years playing soccer. Must be an american thing like hanging out att malls, never missing an episode of cops and eating cheap burgers. :lol:
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#972 » by clyde21 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:00 am

Collymore wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Collymore wrote:You wore a mouth guard playing soccer? :lol:

Not much of a communicator or runner, right? I never seen anyone with mouth guard during all my years playing soccer. Must be an american thing like hanging out att malls, never missing an episode of cops and eating cheap burgers. :lol:

I don't know what to tell ya bud. I played soccer all my life, both in the states and abroad, organized and in the streets, and I always put in a mouthguard. Your anecdotal evidence doesn't really mean much to me.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#973 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:17 am

I think they got it about right. Ingram threw the worst punch and Rondo did look like he spit. CP3 obviously was in the wrong too but I guess was instigated so getting less made some sense.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,966

Post#974 » by zimpy27 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:20 am

clyde21 wrote:
Collymore wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I don't know what to tell ya bud. I played soccer all my life, both in the states and abroad, organized and in the streets, and I always put in a mouthguard. Your anecdotal evidence doesn't really mean much to me.

30% of all soccer injuries are orofacial. Congrats on being smart enough to put a mouthguard in.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Post#975 » by bondom34 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:27 am

Also adding a poll for thoughts.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#976 » by NBAFan93 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:31 am

Robin Lopez and Serge Ibaka threw punches at each other last season and each only got one game, so I actually think they were harder on these guys.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,195

Post#977 » by clyde21 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:32 am

og15 wrote:

Almost. Just over 900K.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Re: Lakers/Rockets Fight 

Post#978 » by youngthegiant » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:55 am

Carmelo threw a sucker punch like Ingram and got suspended 15 games.........BS that Lakers are getting away with such a light penalty.
shangrila
RealGM

Post#979 » by shangrila » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:58 am

TheRealKaboom wrote:

What? It's exactly the opposite. The Lakers are the ones who are disadvantaged by the NBA.

Why? Ask David Stern and he'll tell you it's for "basketball reasons".

I would post the same beating a dead horse gif I used to whenever anyone brought up this crap but even that would be beating a dead horse at this point.

You didn't get to rape the Hornets/Pelicans in a trade 5 years ago. My heart feels for you. But you need to get over it already.
shangrila
RealGM

Post#980 » by shangrila » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:00 am

og15 wrote:

Remember Afflalo punching Bjelica? Magic vs Wolves. Got two games. Lopez vs Ibaka was one game. The don't really give long suspensions.

Fair point. Still feels too lenient though.

Return to The General Board