With the Suspensions incoming are the Lakers in danger of missing the playoffs this year??

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

bulliedog8
Head Coach
And1: 4,482

Re: With the Suspensions incoming are the Lakers in danger of missing the playoffs this year?? 

Post#61 » by bulliedog8 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:I think it's possible, and it has nothing to do with the suspensions. They're just not a good team and the conference is competitive.

Teams better than the Lakers:

Warriors, Rockets, Pelicans, Jazz, Blazers, and possibly Nuggets.

They'll be competing with OKC, Minnesota, and SAS for that 6-8 seed.

However, I have a hard time believing that Lebron won't be able to squeak them in there.

Personally, I think the Warriors, Jazz, Rockets, Nuggets, Thunder (with westy back tonight), and Pelicans are better than the lakers. Lakers would be in that group of Spurs, Blazers, Wolves (with butler), and Clippers.

Im not sure the lakers are the best team in LA really.
evilpimp972
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,755

Re: With the Suspensions incoming are the Lakers in danger of missing the playoffs this year?? 

Post#62 » by evilpimp972 » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:03 pm

Nutty Nats Fan wrote:Suspensions are out:

Ingram 4 games, Rondo 3 games, and Paul 2 games.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25047465/multiple-suspensions-lakers-rockets-scuffle

Lol at people talking about 15 games though
Tinseltown wrote:
True Story wrote:KD is the best player in the NBA.

Kevin Durant is a better scorer than Jordan

MJ was never this efficient
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,763

Post#63 » by nikster » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:11 am

Panty Raider wrote:
nikster wrote:
Vlade Divac wrote:Kudos for Athletics for showing this:
https://theathletic.com/603940/2018/10/21/exclusive-official-video-shows-rajon-rondo-spitting-on-chris-paul/

Rondo might get way more than I initially thought

Read on Twitter

Damn thats a great angle. Didn't believe Paul at first but totally looks like he intentionally spit in his face. That was pretty subtle by Rondo

BS, I still don't see Rondo spitting on anyone. This shamefull witch hunt by the media is getting utterly ridiculous.

If anything, that spit probably flew from the refs whistle as he blew if right next to Paul's head (directly before the reaction).

Assuming that’s sarcasm but can’t be sure
Froob
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 57,978

Post#64 » by Froob » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:34 am

evilpimp972 wrote:
Nutty Nats Fan wrote:Suspensions are out:

Ingram 4 games, Rondo 3 games, and Paul 2 games.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/25047465/multiple-suspensions-lakers-rockets-scuffle

Lol at people talking about 15 games though

Kinda surprising Rondo didn’t get more due to his loooooooong history. I would have thought closer to 5.

Tommy Heinsohn wrote:The game is not over until they look you in the face and start crying.

RIP The_Hater
JN61
RealGM
And1: 9,019

Post#65 » by JN61 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:42 am

They were already on that edge. But sure. That's quite tough start to the season. I guess better get those hard games first so they lose those sure losses when they play dysfunctional rather than vs easier opponents.
Pennebaker wrote:And Bird did it while being a defensive liability. But he also made All-Defensive teams, which was another controversial issue regarding Bird and votes.
GoGreen
Analyst
And1: 3,486

Post#66 » by GoGreen » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:54 am

Silver went real easy on them with these suspensions.

Anyway, i feel the lakeshow will make the playoffs. How far will they go is the question.
monopoman
RealGM
And1: 6,221

Post#67 » by monopoman » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:13 am

I assume these would have been more severe if fights were breaking out more, those that point to the major suspensions levied in the past were because at that time fights were a bit more common.

I mean in most games the worst we see is a guy bumping into another guy and getting real close to him, we rarely see a punch connect in an NBA game.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#68 » by HiRez » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:17 am

I'm stunned at how easy all of them got off. Guess the league loves $$$ more than setting examples.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,703

Post#69 » by jc23 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:31 am

They have always been in danger imo, i assumed a 6th seed would be the best they could do assuming health and lebron decided to play his ass off for all 82 games. But 7th-9th is the most likely spot for them. Had Butler left Minny it would have helped their chances some.
Be curious, Not judgmental
Greyhound
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,722

Post#70 » by Greyhound » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:10 am

nikster wrote:
Panty Raider wrote:
nikster wrote:Damn thats a great angle. Didn't believe Paul at first but totally looks like he intentionally spit in his face. That was pretty subtle by Rondo

BS, I still don't see Rondo spitting on anyone. This shamefull witch hunt by the media is getting utterly ridiculous.

If anything, that spit probably flew from the refs whistle as he blew if right next to Paul's head (directly before the reaction).

Assuming that’s sarcasm but can’t be sure

You got me guy. I was dead serious.

but...

After looking at the HD slow motion closeup. It appears that the spit gate accusation was true.
Don't believe the hype...
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,153

Post#71 » by Clemenza » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:25 am

Lakers might be okay in the long run but they need to win a game or two right now or the media wolves and Lakers diehards will have serious doubts and have a change of heart. The narrative could change overnight and get ugly for them. They better win tomorrow against the Spurs if you ask me.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#72 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:17 am

The are not in danger of missing the POs because of the suspensions

They are in danger of missing the POs because the West is stacked, they don't have another All Star, and Lebron is not young enough to pull them out of the lurch every single night.
Mickey8
Head Coach
And1: 5,142

Post#73 » by Mickey8 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:42 am

They are going to miss the play offs regardless the suspensions.
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,590

Post#74 » by AK47MVP » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:33 am

Suspensions or not they were not making playoffs baring a major trade and upgrade to this pathetic roster. Lebron alone was not enough to make playoffs in the West, I laugh at some idiot experts predicting they will be 4-5 seed before season. Now they will say -"but suspensions"!
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,400

Post#75 » by JellosJigglin » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:47 am

AK47MVP wrote:Suspensions or not they were not making playoffs baring a major trade and upgrade to this pathetic roster. Lebron alone was not enough to make playoffs in the West, I laugh at some idiot experts predicting they will be 4-5 seed before season. Now they will say -"but suspensions"!

What the? Did you even watch the game? It was highly competitive with 20 lead changes. Lebron didn't even assert himself until midway through the 4th. It was a 1 point game when the fight broke out despite seemingly every call going the Rockets way. If anything, last night proved you were wrong in your prediction and yet here you are doubling down :lol:

Game 2 of the regular season, time to blow it up :crazy:
RIP BASKETBALL REASONS (DEC 8TH 2011 - OCT 11TH 2020)
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#76 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:52 am

Its the general board, it's never a bad idea to blow it up and tank
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,602

Post#77 » by KingFox » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:30 am

Kuzma >> Ingram, i know that
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#78 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:08 am

levon wrote:The suspensions aren't going to be as harsh as you think. Our schedule to start was always rough.

This forces Lonzo to be the starter, Lebron to take more initiative out there, and hopefully Kuzma into a rhythm playing with Lonzo and Lebron, so I'm ready for the next game.
I think LAL will benefit from this.

Both Kuzma and Ball will play more. They have good on court chemistry. I believe that any way that there's a possibility of Svi Myhailiuk (sp?) getting run over the time while Ingram is out, it benefits the Lakers.

Svi is a knockdown shooter who IMO is a better complimentary player to Lebron than either Ingram or Kuzma. He fits well with Lance, Hart, or Lonzo because he's the ideal off-ball, catch and shoot player.

I think the Lakers are going to stumble onto better roster options.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
LastNameEver
General Manager
And1: 9,498

Post#79 » by LastNameEver » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:08 am

Dudes got eliminated in the second game of the season.
Barring a miraculous week by Bron

The west has no room for ****.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#80 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:09 am

jbk1234 wrote:I mean the suspension won't help but they're 0-2 with those guys playing. Their roster construction is as bad as everyone predicted. They're going to make some trades before the season is over.
This is actually an opportunity for Svi or Moritz Wagner to supplant player(s) better traded.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.

Return to The General Board