With the Suspensions incoming are the Lakers in danger of missing the playoffs this year??

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Re: With the Suspensions incoming are the Lakers in danger of missing the playoffs this year?? 

Post#81 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:14 am

Vlade Divac wrote:Kudos for Athletics for showing this:
https://theathletic.com/603940/2018/10/21/exclusive-official-video-shows-rajon-rondo-spitting-on-chris-paul/

Rondo might get way more than I initially thought

Read on Twitter
Midseason watch Rondo, Ingram, and KCP. Bet you at least one but probably two get traded.

Sent from my SM-J337T using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Re: With the Suspensions incoming are the Lakers in danger of missing the playoffs this year?? 

Post#82 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:24 am

Benedict_Boozer wrote:No excuses for Lebron. They miss the playoffs it’s on him.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Not only will the Lakers make the playoffs; they're going to be a very dangerous team that will beat anybody but GS in round one.

Lebron is probably relieved with diminished expectation of the masses. Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka are going to acquire a stud before the deadline.

The Lakers haven't even scratched what McGee dunks can do once they also play shooters on their roster. Svi and Mo Wagner can shoot. Lonzo Ball and Jason Hart both are gamers who can get triple doubles.

LAL has a roster that Lebron probably wanted with veterans like Rondo, Stephenson, and Beasley. All are moveable, replaceable, and temporary. The thing that needs to happen is for Kuzma or Ingram to become mini-alphas if they can with Lebron and other ball stoppers/handlers.

Dubious vets and unprepared youth who have to defer to the Lebron James Laker system.

Luke Walton is the one on a warm seat.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#83 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:28 am

LakersDynasty14 wrote:No way, not possible. LeBron and Lonzo Ball by themselves are good enough to win 50 games even without Rondo and Ingram, and it’s not like they’ll be suspended for more than a handful of games.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Maybe not 50 in the West; but I truly expect Lonzo Ball is about to greatly reduce Rondo's role.

Yes, those two players combined is a heap of talent. Javale might sustain career high true shooting with all the easy lobs those guys will provide.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#84 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:33 am

nikster wrote:
Ramed Nazored wrote:Am I the only poster who believes that this Lakers team is profoundly mediocre, and in fact worse than the roster surrounding Lebron on last year's post-trades Cav's team?

I had them topping out at 45 wins.

this roster is definitely worse. Kevin Love is far better than anybody else in LA, Tristans a better rebounder and the Cavs had way more shooting. This Lakers team might be slightly better defensively but still bad. They've got more playmaking but with Lebron that doesn't matter too much. No way this roster cracks 50 wins, especially in the West.
The loss by Love and the Cavs to Atlanta. That to me shows one team full of plodders and another with all kinds of balance and perimeter shooting. The Lakers first games simply had too many slashers trying to play with Rondo and Lebron. Playing off the ball was not the game they'd grown accustomed to.

The Lakers have talent on the deep bench.

Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#85 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:37 am

picc wrote:Whatever gets Ball more playing time is a good thing. He's the true second best player on the team. I have no problem with Ingram and Rondo getting suspended.
Exactly.

Hart is also a winner. More than KCP IMO. As talented as Ingram is, fir whatever reasons I like Hart more.

Like I said earlier, I think Svi might be ready already to balance the Laker roster.

Bye bye Beal.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,695

Post#86 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:45 am

We can give them Dellavedova if they need a boost :lol:
dynamic duo
Analyst
And1: 10,486

Post#87 » by dynamic duo » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:09 am

lakerz12 wrote:Every team in the West is in danger of missing the playoffs if they lose key players (in the Warriors case they'd have to lose KD and Curry).

warriors are historically stacked team and they should easily make the playoffs without curry and kd. they still have multiple all-stars - a dpoy and one of the best shooting guards of all-time and some good role players. and the best center in the league will also be coming back from the injury.
AK47MVP
Starter
And1: 1,591

Post#88 » by AK47MVP » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:08 pm

JellosJigglin wrote:
What the? Did you even watch the game? It was highly competitive with 20 lead changes. Lebron didn't even assert himself until midway through the 4th. It was a 1 point game when the fight broke out despite seemingly every call going the Rockets way. If anything, last night proved you were wrong in your prediction and yet here you are doubling down :lol:

Game 2 of the regular season, time to blow it up

Nobody said they won't be competitive. They will win some games. Lebron is the best player in the league still. But it is Western conference and he can't afford to float like on Eastern conference anymore. Lakers supporting cast is poor. Baring major trade and upgrade this roster with LeBron is not making playoffs in the West.
Hoopstar23
Veteran
And1: 1,875

Post#89 » by Hoopstar23 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:26 am

Have to bump this... cause man it seems like its taking shape
Lalouie
RealGM
And1: 10,061

Post#90 » by Lalouie » Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:37 am

they can afford to miss both players. lonzo slides EASILY into rondo's shoes and ingram is no game changer. his numbers can be made up for as we saw in the spurs game

Return to The General Board