Trae Young drops 35 and 11 in third pro game

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Trae Young drops 35 and 11 in third pro game 

Post#41 » by Stillwater » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:22 am

Baseline Runner wrote:Trae is going to be a stud, I was calling it since he was drafted. He is the perfect triple threat, he has the shot, excellent passing ability and a great dribble and driving ability. Everyone talks about his three point range but what really impressed me most were some of the high level passes he made and his ability to beat defenders off the dribble, taking it to the hole.

Not to take anything away from his game tonight, but the Cavs needed to lose to ATL.They switched so much on defense all of ATL players got clean looks from deep. Cavs played so much worse against ATL than against 2 playoff teams it wasn't even funny, and not realistic for what to expect from Young in most outings.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#42 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:24 am

Michael Lucky wrote:Honestly, Doncic and Trae should have gone 1 and 2 in today's NBA. But one is a Euro and the other is only 6 feet 2 so apparently that's a no-no.

And, there is a guy who's over seven feet tall, very athletic, very good rebounder, great passer, and he's also got three point range.

I believe he's named DeAndre something or other. That dude is really good, too.
Bye bye Beal.
nybluemeadow
Rookie
And1: 508

Post#43 » by nybluemeadow » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:32 am

Ayton, Doncic, Young, and Jackson are all doing well and all don’t look like disappointments for now. Bagley on the other hand, needs to do more, but it’s also not his fault, the Kings are coaching him horribly and not starting him, which will make him mentally weak down the line
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,635

Post#44 » by Dez » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:42 am

Great game but it's just that, one game.

Consistency is key.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Re: Media whipping boy drops 35 and 11 in third pro game 

Post#45 » by clyde21 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:45 am

shakes0 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:Did it pretty efficiently, too, shooting over 50% from the field with only 1 turnover.

Great game. Didn't see this coming from him this quickly. Good sign.

you didn't see it happening at all. Pretty sure you had Trae outside your top 10 on your big board.

No, I didn't have him in my top-10, close to 15-17 range and I still stand by that. Doesn't mean I didn't think he'd have unbelievable games every now in then.
RealGM

Post#46 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:49 am

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:Honestly, Doncic and Trae should have gone 1 and 2 in today's NBA. But one is a Euro and the other is only 6 feet 2 so apparently that's a no-no.

That's how I had them on my big board, but Trae #1 and Doncic #2

I think in the long run Jaren Jackson Jr. and Mo Bamba are going to be cream of perhaps the best draft EVER. This one.

1984: Jordan, Olajuwon, Barkley, Stockton, Alvin Robertson, Kevin Willis, Otis Thorpe, Sam Perkins, Jerome Kersey
1996: Kobe, Ray Allen, Nash, Iverson, Stojakovic, Camby, Ilgauskas, Marbury, Abdur Rahim, Jermaine O'Neal

Other drafts from the 80s were powerhouse drafts. The one with Malone and Ewing, and one with Robinson and others.

In recent years, the 2011 draft has been way better than others 10 years earlier and since. It's early but already Kyrie Irving, Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, Kemba Walker, Jonas Valenciunas, Nikola Vucevic, Nikola Mirotic, and Isaiah Thomas have each made a name for themselves as star players.

I THINK Trae Young and the bigs from this draft (Ayton, Bamba, Jackson Jr, Carter, Bagley) are SPECIAL players. There are others like Bridges (Charlotte), Knox, Sexton, TRIER ... who look like they're all going to play 7-10 years plus at a high level.

This is a tremendous draft class. Young is going to be very good.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#47 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:53 am

In my last post, Bagley...special on offense. He's a bit limited like Jabari Parker and Jaleel Okafor out Duke. Bully ball won't work as well in the NBA. I think the kid in Chicago, Wendell Carter Jr. will be a better NBA player than Bagley. I think Bagley's going to be very serviceable for alot of years.
Bye bye Beal.
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#48 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:55 am

Read on Twitter
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,134

Post#49 » by jbk1234 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:56 am

Feel_the_Heat15 wrote:Awful defensively though...that's probably not changing.

I also think he used his off arm to create space a lot. I don't imagine another coach will just sit there, watch that happen, and say nothing.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 18,963

Post#50 » by DusterBuster » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:59 am

nybluemeadow wrote:Ayton, Doncic, Young, and Jackson are all doing well and all don’t look like disappointments for now. Bagley on the other hand, needs to do more, but it’s also not his fault, the Kings are coaching him horribly and not starting him, which will make him mentally weak down the line

Bagley was doomed the second it was announced the Kings were interested in him. That's the kiss of death for an NBA prospect.

Otherwise, this looks like it's going to be a strong draft year where most teams will be happy with who they got. Aside from the Kings who'll probably end up trading for waiving Bagley by February.
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
KingFox
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,627

Post#51 » by KingFox » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:01 am

maybe this will be the first time in a while where everyone is happy with what they drafted in the top 5-8
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#52 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:02 am

Everyone loves the deep 3’s, but that vision is going to make him an All star
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,292

Post#53 » by Black Jack » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:55 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Mauro Pedrosa wrote:

That's how I had them on my big board, but Trae #1 and Doncic #2

I think in the long run Jaren Jackson Jr. and Mo Bamba are going to be cream of perhaps the best draft EVER. This one.

1984: Jordan, Olajuwon, Barkley, Stockton, Alvin Robertson, Kevin Willis, Otis Thorpe, Sam Perkins, Jerome Kersey
1996: Kobe, Ray Allen, Nash, Iverson, Stojakovic, Camby, Ilgauskas, Marbury, Abdur Rahim, Jermaine O'Neal

Other drafts from the 80s were powerhouse drafts. The one with Malone and Ewing, and one with Robinson and others.

In recent years, the 2011 draft has been way better than others 10 years earlier and since. It's early but already Kyrie Irving, Kawhi Leonard, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler, Kemba Walker, Jonas Valenciunas, Nikola Vucevic, Nikola Mirotic, and Isaiah Thomas have each made a name for themselves as star players.

I THINK Trae Young and the bigs from this draft (Ayton, Bamba, Jackson Jr, Carter, Bagley) are SPECIAL players. There are others like Bridges (Charlotte), Knox, Sexton, TRIER ... who look like they're all going to play 7-10 years plus at a high level.

Wow that's what I call optimism. I like this draft but remain unconvinced any of these guys sniff the level of the creme de la creme of say 96. You really would take any of these guys over Kobe/Allen/Nash/Iverson??? I won't even mention 84...that's just not fair.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#54 » by High 5 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:55 am

dakomish23 wrote:Everyone loves the deep 3’s, but that vision is going to make him an All star

No doubt. He can bring the house down with his scoring, but the passing is the highlight for me. I can't wait for Collins to get back so they can start building their chemistry.
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,292

Post#55 » by Black Jack » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:57 am

DusterBuster wrote:
nybluemeadow wrote:Ayton, Doncic, Young, and Jackson are all doing well and all don’t look like disappointments for now. Bagley on the other hand, needs to do more, but it’s also not his fault, the Kings are coaching him horribly and not starting him, which will make him mentally weak down the line

Bagley was doomed the second it was announced the Kings were interested in him. That's the kiss of death for an NBA prospect.

Otherwise, this looks like it's going to be a strong draft year where most teams will be happy with who they got. Aside from the Kings who'll probably end up trading for waiving Bagley by February.

Confirmed. Before this year's deadline, the Kings will trade 2 future unprotected #1 picks and Bagley for a one year rental of a disgruntled vet with one year left on his contract.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
RealGM

Post#56 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:13 am

Black Jack wrote:
Mauro Pedrosa wrote:That's how I had them on my big board, but Trae #1 and Doncic #2

Wow that's what I call optimism. I like this draft but remain unconvinced any of these guys sniff the level of the creme de la creme of say 96. You really would take any of these guys over Kobe/Allen/Nash/Iverson??? I won't even mention 84...that's just not fair.
Nowhere did say ANY OF THEM WOULD BE SUPERIOR TO KOBE. Come on. Just stop.

I will plead guilty as charged with being optimistic.

Big word: Aggregate

Collectively, there's likely future HOF players in this draft. At least 6 but more like 10 or more future all stars. Doncic is young. Could be by a decade from now he's a superstar. JJJ has everything. Bamba and Ayton are REALLY SMART. Trae Young is not turning the ball over. I see Kemba Walker and think Young has it in him to surpass a very good Kemba.

I stand by my prediction. It's going to take about 5 to 7 years to see; but, if there is more than one rookie all star it's going to be pretty easy to make some point that this is a tremendously good draft crop.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#57 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:17 am

Black Jack wrote:
Mauro Pedrosa wrote:That's how I had them on my big board, but Trae #1 and Doncic #2

Kobe, Allen, Nash, Iverson .... I totally agree that at the top it's not fair.

This draft is really about adding pace and space bigs. Three really good 7 foot prospects. Doncic is a prodigy. Young led the NCAAs in scoring and assists. I haven't even mentioned Sexton or Knox. They're not typical first round picks.

Give them time. Nash took a while to get started.
Bye bye Beal.
RealGM

Post#58 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:22 am

Black Jack wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:

Confirmed. Before this year's deadline, the Kings will trade 2 future unprotected #1 picks and Bagley for a one year rental of a disgruntled vet with one year left on his contract.
Thanks for inspiring me to come up with a Wizards/Kings deal. Washington is going to have a few disgruntled veterans. :)

I'd really like to trade coaches. Joerger for Brooks.
Bye bye Beal.
nikster
RealGM
And1: 11,833

Post#59 » by nikster » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:28 am

Wolfgang630 wrote:Worst team “the Hawks” put up 133 points. Yeah today’s NBA is not good. People think rookies are getting better. Nah the game has been dumbed down and made so easy on offense that they look way better than they should be.

This wasn’t meant as a slight to Trae Young. I went to see the game stats and saw the Hawks put up 133 points. Please nba is such a bad product

the Hawks put up 133 pointers against a terrible defensive team on a night they were on fire and broke the teams 3 point record

I've seen so many of these comments from people just looking for something to complain about.
Kalela
RealGM
And1: 11,523

Post#60 » by Kalela » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:34 am

I still wouldn't pick that early in the draft.
Fire Mazzulla

Return to The General Board