Trae Young drops 35 and 11 in third pro game

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Ill News
General Manager
And1: 16,306

Re: Trae Young drops 35 and 11 in third pro game 

Post#61 » by Ill News » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:37 am

This guy's going to be good. I just hope the Hawks build the right team around him...
NBARocks
Sixth Man
And1: 1,505

Post#62 » by NBARocks » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:42 am

Still not sold on him. Think he'll be streaky and not consistent enough.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#63 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:56 am

High 5 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Everyone loves the deep 3’s, but that vision is going to make him an All star

No doubt. He can bring the house down with his scoring, but the passing is the highlight for me. I can't wait for Collins to get back so they can start building their chemistry.

Yep. Collins is going to average 20 PPG this season. Nice young core down in ATL so far and one that actually compliments each other.

If they can get a stretch 5 who can protect the rim (someone like Bomba would have been perfect), this rebuild won’t last as long as some thought.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
nomorezorro
RealGM
And1: 8,886

Post#64 » by nomorezorro » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:06 am

the idea of people being eager to go "told you so!" about luka vs. trae is funny, because i would assume anyone who likes one as a prospect would be inclined to like the other

i think they're both gonna be good! people who can shoot, pass and handle the ball are generally good bets imo
WookieOnRitalin wrote:Game 1. It's where the series is truly 0-0.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,992

Post#65 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:19 am

Trae Young did well but HOW ABOUT ATLANTA'S GM???

Fellow rookie teammate, Kevin Huerter, 9/10/4/2 in limited minutes. Omari Spellman, another steal from this first round, 17 points (same as Kevin Love) in only 25 minutes. Spellman has made 5 of his first 7 NBA threes. He's the prototypical, modern NBA 4/5 player.

As a Wizards fan I'm loathing my team's GM and his lack of insight. Other teams are killing it. ATL is at the head of the class this draft considering the breadth of talent they got. Young is good but I'm a Maryland fan. Kevin Huerter has a chance to be a really special NBA player. He's got leader gene and he is a winner. Great kid.

Got to mention Huerter and Spellman, because Trae Young is not alone on his team in terms of BRIGHT FUTURE.

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2018/09/28/atlanta-hawks-3-bold-predictions-kevin-huerter-2018-19/
Bye bye Beal.
Clemenza
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,216

Post#66 » by Clemenza » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:20 am

I'm loving this.
RealGM

Post#67 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:22 am

dakomish23 wrote:
High 5 wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:Everyone loves the deep 3’s, but that vision is going to make him an All star

No doubt. He can bring the house down with his scoring, but the passing is the highlight for me. I can't wait for Collins to get back so they can start building their chemistry.

Yep. Collins is going to average 20 PPG this season. Nice young core down in ATL so far and one that actually compliments each other.

If they can get a stretch 5 who can protect the rim (someone like Bomba would have been perfect), this rebuild won’t last as long as some thought.

I think all they need to do is to acquire Javale McGee this offseason. They've got a shot blocker in Alex Len. They just need a hype/motivator veteran C. Collins is a mauler who's IMO BETTER THAN BAGLEY. John Collins DESTROYED the ACC and he's a very, very solid but unspectacular player. He's capable of being an all star in a couple years.

An even better addition to ATL next season: Tyson Chandler. By NEXT SEASON, Atlanta can be a legit playoff team in the east.
Bye bye Beal.
dakomish23
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 45,396

Post#68 » by dakomish23 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:56 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
dakomish23 wrote:
High 5 wrote:

I think all they need to do is to acquire Javale McGee this offseason. They've got a shot blocker in Alex Len. They just need a hype/motivator veteran C. Collins is a mauler who's IMO BETTER THAN BAGLEY. John Collins DESTROYED the ACC and he's a very, very solid but unspectacular player. He's capable of being an all star in a couple years.

An even better addition to ATL next season: Tyson Chandler. By NEXT SEASON, Atlanta can be a legit playoff team in the east.

I’d rather leave the lane open for Collins and Trae if I was building the team.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Spoiler:
https://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1592147&start=1720#p57345128

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Jimmit79 wrote:Yea RJ played well he was definitely the x factor

#FreeJimmit
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,677

Post#69 » by picc » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:06 am

Would love for Trae to make his haters look stupid this season.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,697

Post#70 » by Pachinko_ » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:15 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:Got to mention Huerter and Spellman, because Trae Young is not alone on his team in terms of BRIGHT FUTURE.

https://soaringdownsouth.com/2018/09/28/atlanta-hawks-3-bold-predictions-kevin-huerter-2018-19/

He looks happy, as long as he has the ball in his hands
Huerter looks like a nun
Black Jack
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,292

Post#71 » by Black Jack » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:26 am

Black Jack wrote:
DusterBuster wrote:
Bagley was doomed the second it was announced the Kings were interested in him. That's the kiss of death for an NBA prospect.

Otherwise, this looks like it's going to be a strong draft year where most teams will be happy with who they got. Aside from the Kings who'll probably end up trading for waiving Bagley by February.

Confirmed. Before this year's deadline, the Kings will trade 2 future unprotected #1 picks and Bagley for a one year rental of a disgruntled vet with one year left on his contract.
Thanks for inspiring me to come up with a Wizards/Kings deal. Washington is going to have a few disgruntled veterans. :)

I'd really like to trade coaches. Joerger for Brooks.

Dream big. Remember Sacto's current front office is the same one that squeezed out this stinker:

https://www.nba.com/sixers/news/150710-kings-trade-release

PHILADELPHIA, PA. – JULY 10, 2015 – The Philadelphia 76ers today announced they have acquired 21-year-old guard Nik Stauskas (STOUS-kiss), veteran forwards Carl Landry and Jason Thompson, a future first round pick, and the rights to swap first round picks in 2016 and 2017 from Sacramento in exchange for the rights to 2015 second round draft picks Arturas Gudaitis and Luka Mitrovic.
Rest in peace Kobe & Gianna

my response to KD critics: https://tinyurl.com/tlgc6bf
Dame Lizard
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,162

Post#72 » by Dame Lizard » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:28 am

Great performance from Trae.

However, personally I feel that Atlanta should have drafted Mo Bamba instead of Trae. Just my opinion though- I don't want to cause an uproar!
6ixSideSniper
Head Coach
And1: 11,585

Post#73 » by 6ixSideSniper » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:30 am

I'd rather have Trae Young over Devin Booker already.
What about DeRozan dawg?!?!

2018-2019 NBA CHAMPIONS

Rest In Peace The_Hater
-G-
Analyst
And1: 2,122

Post#74 » by -G- » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:47 am

I think the Hawks aka the tanking version of the Rockets will be interesting. How bad can you be while chucking a Rocket-level of 3s?
RealGM

Post#75 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:50 am

Black Jack wrote:
Black Jack wrote:
Confirmed. Before this year's deadline, the Kings will trade 2 future unprotected #1 picks and Bagley for a one year rental of a disgruntled vet with one year left on his contract.
Thanks for inspiring me to come up with a Wizards/Kings deal. Washington is going to have a few disgruntled veterans. :)

I'd really like to trade coaches. Joerger for Brooks.

Dream big. Remember Sacto's current front office is the same one that squeezed out this stinker:

https://www.nba.com/sixers/news/150710-kings-trade-release

PHILADELPHIA, PA. – JULY 10, 2015 – The Philadelphia 76ers today announced they have acquired 21-year-old guard Nik Stauskas (STOUS-kiss), veteran forwards Carl Landry and Jason Thompson, a future first round pick, and the rights to swap first round picks in 2016 and 2017 from Sacramento in exchange for the rights to 2015 second round draft picks Arturas Gudaitis and Luka Mitrovic.

:( :o :crazy: :noway:

DAYUM!

I thought Ernie Grunfeld was an imbecile with the deals he's made. That above is really bad. Like the Nets giving Boston hella picks bad. I wondered how Stauskas could hit EVERYTHING at Michigan but (apparently) bust in the NBA. He's looking better now. :)

Kings better keep their young core. Jackson and Bagley, if any, they MIGHT trade down the road, Idunno.

With that deal above, the Sixers didn't really allow Stauskas much room to breath. Not with Bellinelli and Redick in front of him and their (bust) on Fultz. Everybody makes mistakes. I think Ben Simmons was one of the picks they swapped, right?
Bye bye Beal.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,603

Post#76 » by youngthegiant » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:59 am

I was high on Trae pre-draft and was worried after watching him in summer league. Looks really good, Atlanta did well picking up a prospect they believe in and an additional 1st that will likely be in the lottery. Atlanta's rebuild will be fast if they get two high picks in the 2019 draft.
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,434

Post#77 » by CP War Hawks » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:12 am

I feel pretty decent a Hawks rookie is getting this much love since probably Dominquie or maybe Horford who probably had modest praise at best. This team has never had any real good rookies which is sombering.

Love seeing trae do his thing, but today's NBA is screwy right now. It's a great sign indeed being mentioned with rookie Lebron and Curry for 30 and 10. All but guarantees he will be no bust. Whether he's something between Bibby to Nash to Curry remains the mystery.
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Post#78 » by lakerz12 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:20 am

I remember when Brandon Jennings had 55 pts in his 7th NBA game.
anish23
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,911

Post#79 » by anish23 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:27 am

lakerz12 wrote:I remember when Brandon Jennings had 55 pts in his 7th NBA game.

I also thought Trae was going to fail. But he has quietly quieted me.

He is a smart kid, plays with the flow of the game, some shots are bad selection but with his range and freedom he has got, I say go for it, and so far the results have not been bad.

He also has great court vision, is always in control of the ball, sometimes over dribbles but that'll get better with time, and scores in a whole lot of ways. He floaters seem pretty good as well.

Trae could just be the second coming of Steph. But a long way to go, let's wait and see.
Utah Jazz for Championship :)
lakerz12
Head Coach
And1: 8,899

Post#80 » by lakerz12 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:31 am

anish23 wrote:
lakerz12 wrote:I remember when Brandon Jennings had 55 pts in his 7th NBA game.

I also thought Trae was going to fail. But he has quietly quieted me.

He is a smart kid, plays with the flow of the game, some shots are bad selection but with his range and freedom he has got, I say go for it, and so far the results have not been bad.

He also has great court vision, is always in control of the ball, sometimes over dribbles but that'll get better with time, and scores in a whole lot of ways. He floaters seem pretty good as well.

Trae could just be the second coming of Steph. But a long way to go, let's wait and see.

Yeah if he could just be the almost second coming of Steph that would be great.

I'm not saying he will be a total bust, but I think he has a lot to prove over the next 5 years to prove his value as a 5th overall pick.

The same goes for anyone chosen in the top 5 and your first few games don't change that.

I hope he does turn into an All-Star. But we've seen other guys come out of the gates well on below-average teams that are now playing overseas. So I'm just saying temper expectations.

Return to The General Board