2018/19 ROY/Rookie Discussion Thread (Pt 2)

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who do you think are the best two rookies?

Ayton
18%
Bagley
1%
Bamba
1%
Carter
2%
Doncic
51%
Gilgeous-Alexander
2%
Jackson
19%
Knox
2%
Sexton
1%
Young
2%

Total votes: 825

Johnny Firpo
RealGM
And1: 8,690

Re: 2018/19 ROY/Rookie Discussion Thread (Pt 2) 

Post#401 » by Johnny Firpo » Sun Dec 9, 2018 4:17 pm

mixerball wrote:sac right now is better than dallas.

Explain please. Never mind, saw your other post. I think we also have a better net rating too, right? Anyway, I agree with your main sentiment, it's way too early, but then again, most of basketball talks are pure speculations.
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,199

Post#402 » by clyde21 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:09 pm

Bob8 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
clyde21 wrote:All of the people talking crap about Sexton earlier in the year are eating crow right now. Dude's a baller.

Read on Twitter

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/12

no one gives a **** about RPM for rookies go away
Bob8
General Manager
And1: 3,566

Post#403 » by Bob8 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:24 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
Read on Twitter

http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/12

but rpm won’t go away. ;) just look against who had Trae the best games. Coincidence? ;) Trae and Sexton are not by chance in last places. But it’s on you, if you believe they’re better that stats say they’re. I admit Sexton looks better than Trae at the moment. But Trae is really looking like one of the worst players in the league.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#404 » by clyde21 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:25 pm

Bob8 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

but rpm won’t go away. ;) just look against who has Trae the best games. Coincidence? ;) Trae and Sexton are not by chance in last places. But it’s on you, if you believe they’re better that ststs say they’re. I admit Sexton looks better than Trae at the moment. But Trae is really looking like one of the worst players in the league.

i wonder, is anyone allowed to talk about anyone other than Doncic in this thread to you?
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,499

Post#405 » by 3toheadmelo » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:26 pm

Bob8 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

but rpm won’t go away. ;) just look against who had Trae the best games. Coincidence? ;) Trae and Sexton are not by chance in last places. But it’s on you, if you believe they’re better that ststs say they’re. I admit Sexton looks better than Trae at the moment. But Trae is really looking like one of the worst players in the league.

all you do is **** on every rookie besides doncic. it's getting old
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
Bob8
General Manager

Post#406 » by Bob8 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:29 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

but rpm won’t go away. ;) just look against who has Trae the best games. Coincidence? ;) Trae and Sexton are not by chance in last places. But it’s on you, if you believe they’re better that ststs say they’re. I admit Sexton looks better than Trae at the moment. But Trae is really looking like one of the worst players in the league.

i wonder, is anyone allowed to talk about anyone other than Doncic in this thread to you?

Straw man? I was talking that Rpm shows not the best picture about Sexton and Trae. So we’re talking about Trae and Sexton, no one mentioned Luka.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#407 » by Bob8 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:30 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

but rpm won’t go away. ;) just look against who had Trae the best games. Coincidence? ;) Trae and Sexton are not by chance in last places. But it’s on you, if you believe they’re better that ststs say they’re. I admit Sexton looks better than Trae at the moment. But Trae is really looking like one of the worst players in the league.

all you do is **** on every rookie besides doncic. it's getting old

I just posted RPM. I cannot change numbers.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#408 » by clyde21 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:37 pm

Bob8 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

Straw man? I was talking that Rpm shows not the best picture about Sexton and Trae. So we’re talking about Trae and Sexton, no one mentioned Luka.

1) my original comment had nothing to do with trae...didnt even mention his name

2) was just pointing out the a rookie is playing well after a rough start

3 again, go away. you've single handedly made this thread unreadable
Bob8
General Manager

Post#409 » by Bob8 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:38 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

1) my original comment had nothing to do with trae...didnt even mention his name

I just posted RPM, without comment. All discussions after that is yours. Everybody can make their own conclusions, if they want. For me RPM numbers are interesting. If you believe they’re meaningless, you just don’t look at them.
clyde21
RealGM

Post#410 » by clyde21 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:43 pm

Bob8 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:

I just posted RPM, without comment. All discussions after that is yours. Everybody can make their own conclusions, if they want. For me RPM numbers are interesting.

you responded with RPM (again, no one gives a **** about RPM for rookies) in response to two people talking about how well Sexton is doing.

You're trolling anyone who dares not talk about Doncic in this thread. Go away and stop quoting me please.
Bob8
General Manager

Post#411 » by Bob8 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:47 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

I just posted RPM, without comment. All discussions after that is yours. Everybody can make their own conclusions, if they want. For me RPM numbers are interesting.

you responded with RPM (again, no one gives a **** about RPM for rookies) in response to two people talking about how well Sexton is doing.

You're trolling anyone who dares not talk about Doncic in this thread. Go away and stop quoting me please.

No one gives a **** about RPM? That’s new. And if that’s true, why you’re upset? I for sure won’t go away and let I remind you, that you are started quoting me, I just reply on your quotes.
Riko
Rookie
And1: 688

Post#412 » by Riko » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:52 pm

RGM_SU wrote:
mixerball wrote:sac right now is better than dallas. lets stop shi***ng on divac.

Dallas is 13-11 right now and Sacramento 13-12, just saying. And the question is not whether Sacramento is as good or better than Dallas, the question is whether they'd be better than themselves right now and going forward if they had drafted Doncic instead of Bagley.

They really believe in fox, they probably still think that drafting Luka wuold have hurt fox development.
I still think that was a mistake but let's see how it pan out for them.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,040

2018/19 ROY/Rookie Discussion Thread (Pt 2) 

Post#413 » by Mr B » Sun Dec 9, 2018 5:55 pm

mixerball wrote:this narrative that teams messed up at drafting... its ridiculous

nothing is given. all are generals after the battle. luka is playing like even most hardcore fans from slovenia havent envisioned.
ayton was the only logical choice for phx. sac right now is better than dallas. lets stop shi***ng on divac. and atlanta had something else in mind. they may have messed up but its not the final verdict.

also, playing hallelula before the game... cringey... especially for other players

Sacramento is not better than Dallas as of today. They’re below Dallas in the standings. As for how they are playing I’d say they are about even.

Edit: just saw your post about not factoring in last night’s games. I still think the two teams are about even. Also Bagley should be getting more attention in this thread.
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,979

Post#414 » by Archx » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:11 pm

Riko wrote:
RGM_SU wrote:
mixerball wrote:sac right now is better than dallas. lets stop shi***ng on divac.

Dallas is 13-11 right now and Sacramento 13-12, just saying. And the question is not whether Sacramento is as good or better than Dallas, the question is whether they'd be better than themselves right now and going forward if they had drafted Doncic instead of Bagley.

They really believe in fox, they probably still think that drafting Luka wuold have hurt fox development.

Let's be realistic here for a second. Luka is transforming his game to be more of a scorer than a PG. He doesn't even play like a PG. Last game Brunson started with him when DSJ was out just to fill that role.
I do 100% think now, that SAC actually made the right move not drafting him. Because if they had drafted him, it means that they would also had to make some trades. There would have been too many ball dominant players. Love him or hate him, Vlade made the right move with Bagley.
stilldropin20
RealGM
And1: 1,233

Post#415 » by stilldropin20 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:31 pm

Question: Do i post this here or in the MVP thread?
Read on Twitter
like i said, its a full rebuild.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#416 » by stilldropin20 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:37 pm

Archx wrote:
Riko wrote:
RGM_SU wrote:Dallas is 13-11 right now and Sacramento 13-12, just saying. And the question is not whether Sacramento is as good or better than Dallas, the question is whether they'd be better than themselves right now and going forward if they had drafted Doncic instead of Bagley.

Let's be realistic here for a second. Luka is transforming his game to be more of a scorer than a PG. He doesn't even play like a PG. Last game Brunson started with him when DSJ was out just to fill that role.
I do 100% think now, that SAC actually made the right move not drafting him. Because if they had drafted him, it means that they would also had to make some trades. There would have been too many ball dominant players. Love him or hate him, Vlade made the right move with Bagley.

carlisle played with larry bird. From 25-31 (before back injury) larry Bird averaged about 26, 10, and 7 with a 59%TS. Carlisle knows what he has here. And he has a vision for Luka as a larry bird type player.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,663

Post#417 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:39 pm

twomangame wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:He shouldn't have. He averaged 14/3/8 on 35/19/86 and 44 TS% while playing horrible defense. Clearly whatever they're doing isn't helping his confidence, his numbers and play continues to get worse. He's playing horrible basketball.

Point taken. Still, I don't believe demoting a lottery pick to the G League this early would be the best move. There are arguably better ways to give him some confidence. Limit his minutes, control his shot attempts... heck, even make him come from the bench.

But wouldn't benching him and not having him be a starter also be a form of hurting his confidence? I'm saying G League because I think he just needs to see the ball go through the hoop. He is really struggling to do that right now against NBA opposition.
stilldropin20
RealGM

Post#418 » by stilldropin20 » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:40 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Bob8 wrote:
clyde21 wrote:

at this point...every single post in this thread needs to be about Doncic. and if Doncic keeps this up we are going to have to merge the ROY and MVP threads.

If you want to talk about sexton, or even ayton and JJ I suggest a ROY "runner up" thread. :D
Quentin
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,205

Post#419 » by Quentin » Sun Dec 9, 2018 6:51 pm

If Okogie was on a team where he could get minutes, man he'd be turning some heads. If you haven't seen his defense, it is spectacular.

Check this out.

Read on Twitter
I hang out here and mnrubecentral
Sactowndog
Kings Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 1,711

Post#420 » by Sactowndog » Sun Dec 9, 2018 7:03 pm

mixerball wrote:this narrative that teams messed up at drafting... its ridiculous

nothing is given. all are generals after the battle. luka is playing like even most hardcore fans from slovenia havent envisioned.
ayton was the only logical choice for phx. sac right now is better than dallas. lets stop shi***ng on divac. and atlanta had something else in mind. they may have messed up but its not the final verdict.

also, playing hallelula before the game... cringey... especially for other players

Here are per36 numbers for the rookies. Lots of good players in this class.

https://stats.nba.com/players/traditional/?sort=PTS&dir=-1&Season=2018-19&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Per36&PlayerExperience=Rookie

Return to The General Board