Chilling. Menendez Brothers Appeared in the Background of Knicks Basketball Card

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Chilling. Menendez Brothers Appeared in the Background of Knicks Basketball Card 

Post#1 » by jason bourne » Sat Dec 8, 2018 6:02 pm

Mark Jackson NBA Hoops trading card.

"Twitter is buzzing over an unearthed basketball card that shows the Menendez brothers courtside at a Knicks game in between murdering their parents and the eventual arrest.

On the card, Lyle and Eric Menendez can be seen immediately to the left of former New York Knicks guard Mark Jackson. Sports business analyst Darren Rovell pointed out that the timeline of the photo matches up with the few months the brothers spent blowing through their family's wealth before being apprehended. "

https://www.complex.com/life/2018/12/menendez-brothers-appeared-background-knicks-basketball-card
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Re: Chilling. Menendez Brothers Appeared in the Background of Knicks Basketball Card 

Post#2 » by jason bourne » Sat Dec 8, 2018 6:05 pm

Here's the tweet --
Read on Twitter
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,218

Re: Chilling. Menendez Brothers Appeared in the Background of Knicks Basketball Card 

Post#3 » by amcoolio » Sat Dec 8, 2018 6:09 pm

Time to check my cards and put it on eBay

Must move fast
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
bisme37
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 56,210

Post#4 » by bisme37 » Sat Dec 8, 2018 6:11 pm

This is like when the dead kid is standing in the window in 3 Men and a Baby.

NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#5 » by NBAFan93 » Sat Dec 8, 2018 6:30 pm

That’s crazy in a creepy way.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#6 » by dlts20 » Sat Dec 8, 2018 6:31 pm

Honestly it's not that big of a deal. It's just a famous story. Honestly, there are killers around you all the time and you might not know. You think dudes in the hood kill people and do nothing else? They go to games, clubs, and anywhere else
The High Cyde
Head Coach
And1: 12,314

Post#7 » by The High Cyde » Sat Dec 8, 2018 6:31 pm

That's ******* crazy
Inevitable
RealGM
And1: 134,630

Post#8 » by Inevitable » Sat Dec 8, 2018 6:43 pm

Very creepy and interesting.

Couple years ago this guy got ejected from the ECF and was executed a couple weeks later in Toronto.

https://globalnews.ca/video/2750209/man-ejected-from-raptors-game-idd-as-latest-homicide-victim
Dominator83
RealGM
And1: 29,536

Post#9 » by Dominator83 » Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:03 pm

dlts20 wrote:Honestly it's not that big of a deal. It's just a famous story. Honestly, there are killers around you all the time and you might not know. You think dudes in the hood kill people and do nothing else? They go straight to games, clubs, and anywhere else

True. But random killers in the hood aren't famous
Fantasy Hoops/Football/Baseball fans..

For info on a forum that actually talks Fantasy sports and not spammed with soliciting leagues, PM me. The more the merrier !
Scuall
Sixth Man
And1: 2,761

Post#10 » by Scuall » Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:08 pm

Mama there goes those killers
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,464

Post#11 » by picc » Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:11 pm

Not chilling in the slightest. Kind of interesting if anything.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,045

Post#12 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:13 pm

Ironic they appeared in Mark "Holier than thou" Jackson's card.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
IllmaticHandler
RealGM
And1: 23,325

Post#13 » by IllmaticHandler » Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:20 pm

that cards price will jump considering its what they was doing in between getting caught.
jason bourne
Lead Assistant

Post#14 » by jason bourne » Sat Dec 8, 2018 7:54 pm

picc wrote:Not chilling in the slightest. Kind of interesting if anything.

What if you someone took a pic of yourself playing b-ball and the two brothers just happened to be behind you watching? Most of us wouldn't believe you unless someone credible verified it.

These guys were some spoiled rotten kids who committed cold-blooded murder or were horrendously abused. It's a strange story by itself.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/menendez-brothers-everything-you-need-to-know-123168/

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/g10002877/where-lyle-erik-menendez-brothers-are-now-today/

ImageImage
likemycurryhot
Senior
And1: 688

Post#15 » by likemycurryhot » Sat Dec 8, 2018 8:03 pm

Hand down gun down. Ok, I’ll see myself out now

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
picc
RealGM
And1: 17,464

Post#16 » by picc » Sat Dec 8, 2018 8:12 pm

jason bourne wrote:
picc wrote:Not chilling in the slightest. Kind of interesting if anything.

What if you someone took a pic of yourself playing b-ball and the two brothers just happened to be behind you watching? Most of us wouldn't believe you unless someone credible verified it.

These guys were some spoiled rotten kids who committed cold-blooded murder or were horrendously abused. It's a strange story by itself.

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/menendez-brothers-everything-you-need-to-know-123168/

https://www.townandcountrymag.com/society/g10002877/where-lyle-erik-menendez-brothers-are-now-today/

Its def an unlikely happenstance. I think its fascinating that they were captured on a bball card and we're just now finding out about it. Its a cool story for sure.

But unless we find out the brothers were there to claim Mark as their first victim, there's nothing chilling about it at all. Two guys who eventually committed crimes apparently spent their lives doing normal stuff like attending games. I don't see whats creepy about them just existing on the planet earth pre-murder.

Did you think I just missed the huge pic in the OP? I don't get why you posted it again.
LuDux1
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,029

Post#17 » by LuDux1 » Sat Dec 8, 2018 8:14 pm

SuperDario wrote:Ironic they appeared in Mark "Holier than thou" Jackson's card.

Maybe he was holier than thou until that day, but they swaped bodies that day? Hey, I've seen stranger things on TV
Shaka_Zulu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,652

Post#18 » by Shaka_Zulu » Sat Dec 8, 2018 8:39 pm

Killer seats they have.

Scuall wrote:Mama there goes those killers

I was litterally mid way into writing this :lol: before I decided to scroll down
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#19 » by Jvaughn » Sat Dec 8, 2018 8:44 pm

Dude, I just had a hunch and went to grab my basketball card collection. I have the card. Anyway to upload pictures from my camera roll?
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Post#20 » by azcatz11 » Sat Dec 8, 2018 8:50 pm

The card looks like it's going for like $25 now on EBay (buy it now price)

Return to The General Board