Jim Boylen pulls all 5 starters twice!!

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,209

Re: Jim Boylen pulls all 5 starters twice!! 

Post#101 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:15 am

Well that was the fastest mutiny ever.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
BarneyGumble
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,210

Post#102 » by BarneyGumble » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:18 am

Curmudgeon wrote:Frankly Boylen doesn't give a rat's arse what these players do or think. He's an interim coach who won't be considered for the head job, and next year he'll be an assistant somewhere other than Chicago. Lots of veteran players and coaches around the league know and respect him. The opinions of players like Jabari "they don't pay me to play defense" Parker and Zach "I run the locker room" Lavigne don't matter.

If Bulls fans want to blame Boylan for that pathetic effort instead of the players, that's not my problem-- or Boylen's, either.

I can understand this line of thinking but the fact is Boylen is a turd. He’s equal parts toxic and clueless.
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst
And1: 4,180

Post#103 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:39 am

GettinitDone wrote:David Blatt may be interested in the job

:angry: I'll take back Floyd, Del Negro, Hioberg, Boylan or any of the other loser coaches before supporting a team with that scumbag as the coach

In all honesty, I'd love to bring back Skiles and Thibs, not this season and not with this garbage roster, but I miss those 2 and think they would make an interesting tandem with a more defensive minded, veteran team
Hugi Mancura
Sixth Man
And1: 1,102

Post#104 » by Hugi Mancura » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:54 am

RakimAbdulJabar wrote:
GettinitDone wrote:David Blatt may be interested in the job

:angry: I'll take back Floyd, Del Negro, Hioberg, Boylan or any of the other loser coaches before supporting a team with that scumbag as the coach

What makes him scumbag? Lebron didn't want him? He was and always will be Cavs coach with best winning%. He did something wrong, but he also did something good and there was more good than bad. But you shouldn't worry. He ain't coming. He has contract with Euroleague team. But coaching is not Bulls problem not players. It's their FO. As long they have GarPax they won't succeed. They might get to playoffs, but that's it. Bad FO doesn't lure in good players or coaches.

RakimAbdulJabar wrote:In all honesty, I'd love to bring back Skiles and Thibs, not this season and not with this garbage roster, but I miss those 2 and think they would make an interesting tandem with a more defensive minded, veteran team
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst

Post#105 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:04 am

Hugi Mancura wrote:What makes him scumbag? Lebron didn't want him? He was and always will be Cavs coach with best winning%. He did something wrong, but he also did something good and there was more good than bad. But you shouldn't worry. He ain't coming. He has contract with Euroleague team. But coaching is not Bulls problem not players. It's their FO. As long they have GarPax they won't succeed. They might get to playoffs, but that's it. Bad FO doesn't lure in good players or coaches.

It has nothing to do with Lebron not wanting him, I couldn't care less about that
Hugi Mancura
Sixth Man
And1: 1,102

Post#106 » by Hugi Mancura » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:06 am

RakimAbdulJabar wrote:
Hugi Mancura wrote:What makes him scumbag? Lebron didn't want him? He was and always will be Cavs coach with best winning%. He did something wrong, but he also did something good and there was more good than bad. But you shouldn't worry. He ain't coming. He has contract with Euroleague team. But coaching is not Bulls problem not players. It's their FO. As long they have GarPax they won't succeed. They might get to playoffs, but that's it. Bad FO doesn't lure in good players or coaches.

It has nothing to do with Lebron not wanting him, I couldn't care less about that

Why he is a scumbag in your mind then?
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst

Post#107 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:08 am

Hugi Mancura wrote:
RakimAbdulJabar wrote:

Why he is a scumbag in your mind then?

I have my reasons
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#108 » by Alonzo_Morning » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:15 am

Jim Boylen looks like he should be working in management in the IT industry
NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#109 » by NBAFan93 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:16 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
jfs1000d wrote:
Dominater wrote:I know this is more a Bulls discussion, but wanna get your guys take. Now the 1st time it was like 5 minutes into the game and they were down 17-0. Understandable. The 2nd time, it was 3 minutes into the 3rd, nobody returned, and the result was it ballooned to a 56 point loss!!

Its pretty clear the honeymoon is now over. The question is, did he just lose the locker room already 3 games into his tenure?

If you are a player, and you are on the team that lost a professional basketball game by 56 points, you should be more worried about whether you belong in the NBA, than if you coach does.

That was not a professional effort by the Bulls last night. A G League team would be way more competitive than that.

Thats the thing, Boylen took out NBA players to play non NBA players. It was the non NBA players that let this balloon to a 56 point defeat. Again this was Lauri/Lavine/WCJ's +/- after the 1st 4 minutes when they went down 13-0

Lauri (14 minutes): +3
WCJ (10 minutes): -1
Lavine (15 minutes): 0

So those 3 were playing fine after the first benching. It was the coaches decision to bench players a 2nd time that was playing solid basketball for non NBA players.

Yeah - I didn’t watch that game - but the Bulls have been competitive in several games and have had a lot of close losses against good teams this season - heck they just beat the Thunder the night before. Their record is bad, but they are just not that bad.

Getting down 17 points quick sucks, but we’ve seen good teams do that too, and sometimes they even come back.

This dude pulling those starters in the second half and putting in the bench so they suffered that humiliating loss was just crazy. And even though the starters weren’t playing when they got down by 56, people will associate that loss with them - it is just a real disrespectful and confidence crushing thing to do to players like Lavine, Markabban, etc. - not to mention what it did to the self-image of the bench guys. Just really insane stuff from Boylen - that press conference after was frightening as well. I’d be leaning towards firing him if this was me... Wonder what his contract is.
sixerswillrule
RealGM
And1: 3,593

Post#110 » by sixerswillrule » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:16 am

Curmudgeon wrote:The opinions of players like Jabari "they don't pay me to play defense" Parker and Zach "I run the locker room" Lavigne don't matter.

He was a skater bull. She said see you later bull.
mingus
Junior
And1: 165

Post#111 » by mingus » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:58 am

In his time as an asst in SA, when he was asked to fill in he made some very, very questionable calls.
Lakers05 wrote: it's perfectly sane to ask, will the Lakers lose even one regular season game?

DEEP3CL wrote:You think that by getting all analytical...that you know ball.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:02 am

So seems like Lavine was possibly the lead in rebellion,and Lopez and Markkanen held them off. Yeah I'm totally out on Lavine

Edit: Though Boylen is still in the wrong on the sub thing, and trying to hold practice after a back to back.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
31to6
RealGM
And1: 27,996

Post#113 » by 31to6 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:02 am

Curmudgeon wrote:Frankly Boylen doesn't give a rat's arse what these players do or think. He's an interim coach who won't be considered for the head job, and next year he'll be an assistant somewhere other than Chicago. Lots of veteran players and coaches around the league know and respect him. The opinions of players like Jabari "they don't pay me to play defense" Parker and Zach "I run the locker room" Lavigne don't matter.

If Bulls fans want to blame Boylan for that pathetic effort instead of the players, that's not my problem-- or Boylen's, either.

1. If you're working with people, and trying to get the best out of them, you frankly better care what they do and think.

2. He was named head coach, not interim coach, and already has a $1M contract to come back next year. If anything, he should be trying to stick and renegotiate that upwards. https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/ct-spt-bulls-hire-jim-boylen-coach-20181203-story.html

3. Really?

4. Evidence for this?

5. See point #1, and it's LaVine.

6. Unintentionally funny because Jim Boylan is a different guy who actually *was* interim coach of the Bulls a decade ago https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Boylan

Otherwise.. great post!
Paul Pierce appreciation society.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by bondom34 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:04 am

Oops, to clarify the above comment, I thought this was posted.

https://theathletic.com/704226/2018/12/09/jim-boylen-bulls-players-meeting/

Saturday night’s 133-77 loss to the Celtics was followed with another set of pointed postgame comments by Boylen and the promise of another grueling practice session Sunday — this one after back-to-back games. Those events led to a tipping point that could either lead to positive results down the road or a complete mess of a season.

That grueling practice never took place Sunday because the Bulls players discussed a boycott of practice, multiple sources told The Athletic. Veteran players spent Saturday night trying to talk Boylen out of a Sunday session, sources said, and when their pleas were rejected, they began bouncing around other ideas in a team-wide group text.

The texts started Saturday night and carried into Sunday morning. One idea that had significant support, according to sources, was the players simply not showing up to the Advocate Center on Sunday. A preliminary plan was to gather at one player’s house and wait for the phones to begin buzzing. That plan fizzled because Lauri Markkanen and Robin Lopez spoke up, voicing their concerns about the unprofessionalism of that potential act of rebellion, as well as the impact such a stance could have on the roster’s younger, less established players, sources said.

Another idea discussed centered on players walking into the practice facility Sunday morning as a unified group before turning and immediately walking out.

In the end, players reported to work and rather than practice on the court or review Saturday night’s game in the film room, they held two meetings — one with players airing their grievances among themselves, followed by one with coaches entering the room to do the same with players.

The meetings began around noon. Just before 2 p.m., they were done.

Some players stuck around to do light, on-court work with coaches. Some were shuttled to a community event. Others took off.
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,867

Post#115 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:10 am

The 57 point loss is on the players, not Boylan. If Boylan is not getting the best out of the players, fire him and find someone who will.
The inmates are running the asylum in Chicago, and the rest of the league is laughing.
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West
"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells
"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,397

Post#116 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:11 am

This is like a homeless mans version of the Minny lockerroom earlier this year.
SichtingLives
RealGM
And1: 25,446

Post#117 » by SichtingLives » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:25 am

A bad team is cruising towards a high lottery pick. Pretty sure we call that success in this here league.
10 miles through the snow uphill both ways
Curmudgeon
RealGM
And1: 21,867

Post#118 » by Curmudgeon » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:43 am

SichtingLives wrote:A bad team is cruising towards a high lottery pick. Pretty sure we call that success in this here league.

Then why call a 2 hour players only meeting? Is it that the players want to tank on their own terms? LOL, player says "I don't care if we lose 65 games, but I want my 20+ shots every night."

Suppose the coach says, no, we're tanking on my terms. What are the players going to do? "Hey coach, if you don't cut it out we are going to foil your tanking plan by trying to win."
"Numbers lie alot. Wins and losses don't lie." - Jerry West

"You are what your record says you are."- Bill Parcells

"Offense sells tickets. Defense wins games. Rebounding wins championships." Pat Summit
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,402

Post#119 » by Triple7 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:08 am

I just hope the bulls management get back at boylen,for handing them the worst home loss in franchise history. Fire his ass asap, and that could also be one of the, if not the, fastest tenure of a head coach in nba history.
RakimAbdulJabar
Analyst

Post#120 » by RakimAbdulJabar » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:27 am

Curmudgeon wrote:The 57 point loss is on the players, not Boylan. If Boylan is not getting the best out of the players, fire him and find someone who will.
The inmates are running the asylum in Chicago, and the rest of the league is laughing.

Come on man, don't make it sounds worse than it was, they're not that bad, they only lost by 56

Return to The General Board