Games like this are why Lowry has doubters

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

cupcakesnake
Senior Mod- WNBA
Senior Mod- WNBA
And1: 24,382

Re: Games like this are why Lowry has doubters 

Post#41 » by cupcakesnake » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:56 am

RaptorsLife wrote:Lowry has fallen off a cliff.

I guess this the year of short old PG regressing. Cp3 and Lowry.

Good thing he expering next year :D

If falling off a cliff means leading the NBA in assists... please blindfold me and send me off in the direction of a nearby cliff.

The games where he can't establish himself as a scoring threat are certainly concerning and something to watch. But Lowry is a good all-around player who impacts the game in many ways on both ends. He's not having a bad season, but he's struggling with his shot right now. He close to his career high finishing around the basket (67%) and he's above his career averages from every distance except for from 3.
"Being in my home. I was watching pokemon for 5 hours."

Co-hosting with Harry Garris at The Underhand Freethrow Podcast
purplepowerade
Junior
And1: 671

Post#42 » by purplepowerade » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:56 am

i know some people are ripping lowry, however just as many are calling him hurt, injured back, etc.

this is how its always been - when demar was bad it was "trade him, chucker, iso only, no team ball" etc. but lowry there were, and still are, always excuses
cycl0nus
Rookie
And1: 773

Post#43 » by cycl0nus » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:05 am

last year he lost all kinds of weight. the weight looks like it has returned and thats a sign of disciplinary issues. his focus is on doubling his double cheeseburger meals instead of being lean, in shape and ready. he always looks scared out there when the money's on the line.
GreatWhiteStiff
RealGM
And1: 12,414

Post#44 » by GreatWhiteStiff » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:06 am

jamaalstar21 wrote:
RaptorsLife wrote:Lowry has fallen off a cliff.

I guess this the year of short old PG regressing. Cp3 and Lowry.

Good thing he expering next year :D

If falling off a cliff means leading the NBA in assists... please blindfold me and send me off in the direction of a nearby cliff.

The games where he can't establish himself as a scoring threat are certainly concerning and something to watch. But Lowry is a good all-around player who impacts the game in many ways on both ends. He's not having a bad season, but he's struggling with his shot right now. He close to his career high finishing around the basket (67%) and he's above his career averages from every distance except for from 3.

Yeah his selectiveness in driving is made up for the fact that he finishes at a very high rate when he does drive. He also looks to penetrate and pass, and he's been quite effective at that overall. Not going to comment on the slump, but its early. Honestly I'd find it hard to believe he doesn't improve on his 3 pt shooting numbers from early this season.

Let's playin for 9th!

"OG puts the clamps on point guards like Trae Young." -DelAbbot
gizardoe
Senior
And1: 402

Post#45 » by gizardoe » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:21 am

The dude looks like he put weight on.
cycl0nus
Rookie

Post#46 » by cycl0nus » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:24 am

lowry's been in the league a long time. he has no one else to blame but himself. he hasnt showed he's a big game player. he's undersized for his position, slowfooted on defense and his weight gain is slowing him down again. his weight is a problem. has he been diagnosed with any type of depression?
L3GEND4RY
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,188

Post#47 » by L3GEND4RY » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:24 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote:What is this I hear about RPM and VORP though?

:rofl: :rofl:

first thing that came to my mind and that one awful poster that’s always talking about vorp.

Signature by freshcontrast
cycl0nus
Rookie

Post#48 » by cycl0nus » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:25 am

gizardoe wrote:The dude looks like he put weight on.

exactly, looks like his "fat girl" arms are back
PhilBlackson
RealGM
And1: 42,278

Post#49 » by PhilBlackson » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:33 am

GreenBloodedC wrote:He's the best PG in the east, though

So far this year....that would be Kemba.
>>>SCOTTIEALLSTARSEASON<<< -- U KNOW THE VIBEZ :guitar: Club Shai Shai GA
Taking names of who OG will be better than Shaedon: DelAbbott, ThaCynic, pingpongrac, Los_29, OakleyDokley
langer
Senior
And1: 91

Post#50 » by langer » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:46 am

Lowry for Jemery Lin+filters plz, get it done quickly.
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#51 » by Rastas » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:47 am

Lowry for Wall , which of those teams improve.
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,400

Post#52 » by K For Three » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:57 am

I would even take Terry Rozier over him.
VanWest82
RealGM
And1: 17,740

Post#53 » by VanWest82 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:31 am

You guys are funny. Lowry carried the team over the first month and a half with Kawhi skipping games coming back from injury, so now he's a little gassed and is playing hurt. They'll give him a day off coming up and he'll be fine. It's been four games since returning from hurting his back. Four games.
Triple7
RealGM
And1: 8,435

Post#54 » by Triple7 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:45 am

Enough with the injury excuses. He’s just in a shooting slump. The thing i don’t understand is, why the hell he keeps on chucking 3’s instead of taking mid range or attacking the rim and try to get to the line. There is something going on with him. Maybe he’s just not happy in toronto. They should trade him asap. He can’t be the number 2 option next to kawhi playing like that, kawhi will be wasted come playoffs if he has no help.
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#55 » by Clay Davis » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:01 am

Not really too worried, tbh. He still contributes defensively and gets others involved. It's mindboggling how he can have a stretch like this (and I mean specifically like this) after his impressive start to the season, but I have faith that he'll find his shot as the season matures. I also think he could be a bit more cerebral in finding his shots by manipulating the defense to get the shot he wants rather than taking the shots the defense is daring him to take. At least he has still been distributing well. On another note, I find it kind of silly how people say a second option who can't score is useless; A second option (why are we calling the person who INITIATES the office the 'second' option, by the way?) who makes the third-fifth "options" more effective is still useful. I think people want to rank players as 'options' by a single column of the box score.

Sent from my ASUS_X00HD using RealGM mobile app
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,873

Post#56 » by LoveMyRaps » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:12 am

Even with one of the worst PGs in the league currently, the Raps are still holding onto the best record in the league. They've lost to the Nuggets and Bucks by one possession in the last week and that's with Lowry contributing absolutely nothing.
This team has a lot of potential, but they need to acquire a legit second option player like Beal.
Lowry as the fifth or sixth option on this team is totally fine (Kawhi, Siakam, Ibaka, Val are all ahead of him).
I also wouldn't be surprised if Masai ends up trading Lowry, considering they're not on good terms.
Maybe a Lowry for Beal swap.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
macNcheese3
RealGM
And1: 6,915

Post#57 » by macNcheese3 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:26 am

Yes it’s games like this. He’s been in an unfortunate slump.
Baski
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,950

Post#58 » by Baski » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:07 am

Most of you are being very hard on Lowry. Since when has a bad regular season stretch of 4 games ever projected accurately into the playoffs for anyone? It looks pretty bad now but it's silly to act like this is standard Lowry.
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Post#59 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:10 am

Jesus Christ, look at his past 5 games. You'd think he's a D League player if you didn't know who he was. I didn't know he was playing THIS bad.
CodeBreaker
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,199

Post#60 » by CodeBreaker » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:15 am

Lowry will forever be a border-line all star at best

Return to The General Board