Kuzma: "I'd rather be talked about bad in L.A. than play in Orlando and not get talked about."

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

spacemonkey
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,661

Re: Kuzma: 

Post#261 » by spacemonkey » Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:31 am

postaboy84 wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:
Johnny Bball wrote:
I don't mean to interject, but if that's what you consider good or average food anywhere, you haven't lived. Maybe spend some of that 2mil.

I agree with your statement. But, to a native LA, the only thing LA people talk about as good food are the Japanese food, Korean bbq, In-And-Out burgers, and maybe some portos that taste like overrated crap. I also put Toronto and Vancouver food over LA's. Chris Bosh was a moron to leave Toronto for some overrated American city.

Lmao. LA / SF got the best foods. You lost credit and is a LA hater when you said Vancouver & Toronto over LA. I visited Toronto/Vancouver four years ago and wanted to get Poke and Cajun seafood like the Boiling Crab (both foods were new to LA and trending back then). I went to yelp to search for one near by my hotel. Guess what? None around me within a 5 miles radius. Now all of sudden these Canadian cities have them now. I wonder where these owners get the idea to open one?

Terrible food talk is like offseason low for threads. Why is it happening so much?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,998

Re: Kuzma: "I'd rather be talked about bad in L.A. than play in Orlando and not get talked about." 

Post#262 » by HMFFL » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:10 pm

Seems like he's learning from the Ball family. Just talk about me!

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
Magic-man4609
Sophomore
And1: 76

Re: Kuzma: "I'd rather be talked about bad in L.A. than play in Orlando and not get talked about." 

Post#263 » by Magic-man4609 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:18 pm

Kuzma lowkey bought a home in Orlando and is hoping to get traded this summer to team up with Fultz :lol:
GatorbaitDD
Rookie
And1: 673

Post#264 » by GatorbaitDD » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:53 pm

this was incredibly stupid of him
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Post#265 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:59 pm

Kuzma is absolutely right. Small markets will absolutely kill a superstar's value. Russel Westbrook couldn't even get a shoe deal in okc. Milwaukee has a great young talent that no one has heard to or can even say his name. I can't even find a record of his existence on espn. You have to do a google search for "athens athelte" or something like that.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Jon1798
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,477

Post#266 » by Jon1798 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:02 pm

#1- merely saying it shows an extremely poor lack of judgement.

#2- what he said basically admits that he cares about being in LA more than winning basketball games.

Lol this guy’s a winner
"This post wants out of New Orleans" - Woj
Cookin Baskets
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#267 » by Cookin Baskets » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:15 pm

I have no problems with this some people like the attention and gives them motivation to better themselves as a player. He might be looking at his glass half full on this one, because any of these big market medias like NY or L.A can be brutal to its players.
I don't think I Trust The Process anymore! :banghead:
We are the originals! We are the Philadelphia 76ers!
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,790

Post#268 » by jc23 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:29 pm

Orlando has GOAT level theme parks bro, do you even Horror Nights?
Be curious, Not judgmental
tondi123
Starter
And1: 1,376

Post#269 » by tondi123 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:32 pm

Hes right that being a bum in LA will get you more coverage than being a bum anywhere else. He will be finding out first hand soon enough. Hope he doesn't forget to send Bron a Christmas card from whichever backwoods town he is playing in next season.
sikma42
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,556

Post#270 » by sikma42 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:35 pm

Kuzma is a dude from who nobody expected to be a really good NBA player. He developed his game by working his ass off. Now he makes a statement about wanting to stay in LA and people are questioning his work. Quite comical. Its almost like this is a soap opera forum.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#271 » by j-ragg » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:07 pm

He can be correct and still be a douche for saying it. No reason to single any team out, but it could certainly get worse than playing in Orlando.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
aliasxn
Junior
And1: 518

Post#272 » by aliasxn » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:10 pm

He could have chosen his words more carefully but it is true, lots of good players are rotting away in small-market teams... Paul Gasol is one that comes to mind. He was putting up good numbers in Memphis for years and nobody knew he existed until he got traded to the Lakers (and then every non Laker fan was like "nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo").
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,774

Post#273 » by Audi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:10 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Kuzma is absolutely right. Small markets will absolutely kill a superstar's value.

Please explain how small market Orlando killed the value of guys like Shaq and Hardaway.

Hell, Dwight hit his peak value in Orlando and saw it plummet in LA. But hey, according to Kuzma, he was “doing something right” then.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
Viper1500
Head Coach
And1: 2,700

Post#274 » by Viper1500 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:11 pm

Clearly has not compared Disney & Universal in LA to Orlando.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,201

Post#275 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:11 pm

Audi wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:Kuzma is absolutely right. Small markets will absolutely kill a superstar's value.

Please explain how small market Orlando killed Shaq and Hardaway’s “value”.

Hell, Dwight hit his peak value in Orlando and saw it plummet in LA. But hey, according to Kuzma, he was “doing something right” then.

Good grief dude. Don't cut and paste half the post. It clearly went over your head. It was complete sarcasm.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Audi
Analyst
And1: 2,774

Post#276 » by Audi » Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:20 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Audi wrote:

Please explain how small market Orlando killed Shaq and Hardaway’s “value”.

Good grief dude. Don't cut and paste half the post. It clearly went over your head. It was complete sarcasm.

Sorry bro - sarcasm can get lost in the sea of crazy here...it’s a problem. We have to make the font green in my team forum.
Abra Cadabra, Razzmatazz, Slam-Dunk Sesame, Hocus Pocus, Alacazam, Gonna set the spirit free
Keeping The Original Orlando Magic Theme Song Alive
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#277 » by MeloRoseNoah » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:11 pm

spacemonkey wrote:
postaboy84 wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:
I agree with your statement. But, to a native LA, the only thing LA people talk about as good food are the Japanese food, Korean bbq, In-And-Out burgers, and maybe some portos that taste like overrated crap. I also put Toronto and Vancouver food over LA's. Chris Bosh was a moron to leave Toronto for some overrated American city.

Lmao. LA / SF got the best foods. You lost credit and is a LA hater when you said Vancouver & Toronto over LA. I visited Toronto/Vancouver four years ago and wanted to get Poke and Cajun seafood like the Boiling Crab (both foods were new to LA and trending back then). I went to yelp to search for one near by my hotel. Guess what? None around me within a 5 miles radius. Now all of sudden these Canadian cities have them now. I wonder where these owners get the idea to open one?

Terrible food talk is like offseason low for threads. Why is it happening so much?

Got to talk about your average food when hometown team hasn’t made the playoff in years and will miss the playoff with Lebron.
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#278 » by NPZ » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:20 pm

j-ragg wrote:He can be correct and still be a douche for saying it. No reason to single any team out, but it could certainly get worse than playing in Orlando.

He didn't want to be a big fish in a little pond.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#279 » by NPZ » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:21 pm

MeloRoseNoah wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:
postaboy84 wrote:

Got to talk about your average food when hometown team hasn’t made the playoff in years and will miss the playoff with Lebron.

Chicago's food has to much salt.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#280 » by j-ragg » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:25 pm

NPZ wrote:
j-ragg wrote:He can be correct and still be a douche for saying it. No reason to single any team out, but it could certainly get worse than playing in Orlando.

He didn't want to be a big fish in a little pond.

I don't think he's a big fish anywhere but I don't see how what you said has to do with what I said?
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.

Return to The General Board