Kuzma: "I'd rather be talked about bad in L.A. than play in Orlando and not get talked about."

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Re: Kuzma: "I'd rather be talked about bad in L.A. than play in Orlando and not get talked about." 

Post#281 » by NPZ » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:27 pm

j-ragg wrote:
NPZ wrote:
j-ragg wrote:He can be correct and still be a douche for saying it. No reason to single any team out, but it could certainly get worse than playing in Orlando.

He didn't want to be a big fish in a little pond.

I don't think he's a big fish anywhere but I don't see how what you said has to do with what I said?

Shaq quote re: Orlando. Just joking.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,211

Re: Kuzma: 

Post#282 » by bondom34 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:30 pm

postaboy84 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:
ChartFiction wrote:
The discussion is about popularity.

I think my issue is his main route to being known (not even popular, just known) is because of his teammate. He wasn't popular prior to Lebron that I recall. He was just an OK guy. Just my 2 cents. And either way this was a dumb thing to say and he's not talked about other than as trade fodder.

Actually you’re straight wrong about this. Kuzma was actually popular last year. If I recalled when he got drafted on draft day he only had 60k followers. It jumped to 250k followers after his performance in summer league. It then skyrocketed to over a million followers during his rookie season because of Lonzo. Note that Lonzo was pretty popular prior before the Lakers drafted him. He had like 2 million IG followers or something like that.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Maybe I am, if so I stand corrected. I still think it's a dumb thing to say, and still see him now talked about as trade fodder.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Ontario
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,100

Re: Kuzma: "I'd rather be talked about bad in L.A. than play in Orlando and not get talked about." 

Post#283 » by Ontario » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:34 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
picc wrote:Just keeping it real. No disrespect to Orlando, its just collateral damage.

no other way to take it..its disrespect

Yeah but its disrespect leveled at not just Orlando but all the small markets, 2/3's of the league really.
If you do not know how good a basketball player Gary Payton was just go and stand near him for a little while, there's a good chance he'll come over and tell you. - Ahmad Rashad
MeloRoseNoah
Starter
And1: 1,410

Post#284 » by MeloRoseNoah » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:44 pm

NPZ wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:
spacemonkey wrote:Terrible food talk is like offseason low for threads. Why is it happening so much?

Got to talk about your average food when hometown team hasn’t made the playoff in years and will miss the playoff with Lebron.

Chicago's food has to much salt.

Five guys and Shake Shack >>> In and Out
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#285 » by Lost Angel » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:48 pm

MeloRoseNoah wrote:
NPZ wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:
Got to talk about your average food when hometown team hasn’t made the playoff in years and will miss the playoff with Lebron.

lol not a chance. In n Out is far better than either of those places
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,288

Post#286 » by CS707 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:13 pm

bondom34 wrote:
postaboy84 wrote:
bondom34 wrote:I think my issue is his main route to being known (not even popular, just known) is because of his teammate. He wasn't popular prior to Lebron that I recall. He was just an OK guy. Just my 2 cents. And either way this was a dumb thing to say and he's not talked about other than as trade fodder.

Actually you’re straight wrong about this. Kuzma was actually popular last year. If I recalled when he got drafted on draft day he only had 60k followers. It jumped to 250k followers after his performance in summer league. It then skyrocketed to over a million followers during his rookie season because of Lonzo. Note that Lonzo was pretty popular prior before the Lakers drafted him. He had like 2 million IG followers or something like that.

Maybe I am, if so I stand corrected. I still think it's a dumb thing to say, and still see him now talked about as trade fodder.

He actually is/was a big deal in LA.

Those damn Kuzmania shirts were all over the place last summer.
GeorgeMarcus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23,049

Post#287 » by GeorgeMarcus » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:17 pm

Lost Angel wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:
NPZ wrote:

I’ve lived East coast and West coast, and I’d say it’s a toss up between 5 guys and in n out. Problem with 5 guys is I’m allergic to peanuts so I can’t eat the fries.
The Legend of George Marcus

"Where I'm from, bullies get bullied." - Zach Randolph
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#288 » by marthafokker » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:55 pm

If he wants to be talked about and make money, he should just follow Kap, and take a knee during anthem. You know, he got talked about a lot... maybe even more than LeBron.
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
MeloRoseNoah
Starter

Post#289 » by MeloRoseNoah » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:05 am

Lost Angel wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:
NPZ wrote:

Boba Tea in Portland >>> Boba Tea in LA
Frozzy
Starter
And1: 2,021

Post#290 » by Frozzy » Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:46 am

lol at saying LA's food is average.

Any food person would tell you otherwise. They easily run circles over anyone especially in Mexican(SD is up there), Japanese, and Korean food
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#291 » by LakersSoul » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:04 am

Not the smartest comment but also some truth to it.

You guys might roast Kuzma but he is a NBA starter, MVP of the Raising Games and a good/great prospect that continues to improve his defense and facets of his game.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
OrlandoDream
General Manager
And1: 5,940

Post#292 » by OrlandoDream » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:43 am

Got swept by Orlando and gonna miss playoffs but ok. Let's see how much you get talked about in Nola
BeatDaCavs420
RealGM
And1: 22,484

Post#293 » by BeatDaCavs420 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 4:52 am

Lebron gonna trade you!!!
postaboy84
Senior
And1: 373

Post#294 » by postaboy84 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:23 am

MeloRoseNoah wrote:
Lost Angel wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:

LA is the birth place of Boba. Boba wouldn’t be a thing if it wasn’t for the LA market. Pretty much every city steals LA food trend and claims it’s better.

AustinRiversGod
Senior
And1: 1,511

Post#295 » by AustinRiversGod » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:32 am

postaboy84 wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:
Lost Angel wrote:

LA is the birth place of Boba. Boba wouldn’t be a thing if it wasn’t for the LA market. Pretty much every city steals LA food trend and claims it’s better.

:lol: wow
jesus christ
MeloRoseNoah
Starter

Post#296 » by MeloRoseNoah » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:50 am

Frozzy wrote:lol at saying LA's food is average.

Any food person would tell you otherwise. They easily run circles over anyone especially in Mexican(SD is up there), Japanese, and Korean food

At least you LA fan boys got something right for once:

San Diego Mexican food >>> everywhere else including LA's
ndee1234
Bench Warmer
And1: 358

Post#297 » by ndee1234 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:19 am

Send his ass to African Basketball League or whatever that's called.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
KuzControl
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#298 » by KuzControl » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:29 am

Hahaha the main board really hates the Lakers, from the comments I’ve seen. If Pascal Siakam or Tatum said this no-one would give a damn :P

His comments are meh, Orlando’s *currently* an irrelevant franchise so it definitely has merit. Probably would’ve been best to not been said, but whatever
paperboymafia
Analyst
And1: 636

Post#299 » by paperboymafia » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:33 am

Eh...stupid comments but in all honesty who cares...in three days we'll have another stupid story created by another stupid remark by another player trying to be mr big boots.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,036

Post#300 » by JazzUte88 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:34 am

I see what he's saying but Kuzma would be able to jack up a lot of shots in Orlando

Return to The General Board