Kuzma: "I'd rather be talked about bad in L.A. than play in Orlando and not get talked about."

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

Benedict_Boozer
RealGM
And1: 5,696

Re: Kuzma: "I'd rather be talked about bad in L.A. than play in Orlando and not get talked about." 

Post#301 » by Benedict_Boozer » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:42 am

don’t like the shots taken at Orlando

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Martensitic
Junior
And1: 313

Re: Kuzma: "I'd rather be talked about bad in L.A. than play in Orlando and not get talked about." 

Post#302 » by Martensitic » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:42 am

LakersSoul wrote:Not the smartest comment but also some truth to it.

You guys might roast Kuzma but he is a NBA starter, MVP of the Raising Games and a good/great prospect that continues to improve his defense and facets of his game.

Impressive achievement.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 830

Post#303 » by marthafokker » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:17 pm

Martensitic wrote:
LakersSoul wrote:Not the smartest comment but also some truth to it.

You guys might roast Kuzma but he is a NBA starter, MVP of the Raising Games and a good/great prospect that continues to improve his defense and facets of his game.

Impressive achievement.

:lol: Right?

David Lee won it too. So? :banghead:
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
bigbreakfast
Sixth Man
And1: 628

Post#304 » by bigbreakfast » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:29 pm

he should just shut up tbh. getting a bit annoying. if I'm a coach or GM these comments are bit of a red flag for a young player who's not necessarily a top tier talent.
Clyde Frazier
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,318

Post#305 » by Clyde Frazier » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:20 pm

3 team deal with kuzma to orlando confirmed.
Kordic27
Analyst
And1: 3,284

Post#306 » by Kordic27 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:26 pm

KuzControl wrote:Hahaha the main board really hates the Lakers, from the comments I’ve seen. If Pascal Siakam or Tatum said this no-one would give a damn :P

His comments are meh, Orlando’s *currently* an irrelevant franchise so it definitely has merit. Probably would’ve been best to not been said, but whatever

Tatum or Siakam wouldn’t say it... because of brains.
Trusted Ujiri Watcher
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,991

Post#307 » by Wallace_Wallace » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:32 am

MeloRoseNoah wrote:
lonzo_pelota wrote:Image

I can def afford it. Can you? Chances are that you're still living in your mom basement.

Personally, I like my extra 10% state income tax for myself, and not have to fund the MediCal for all the illegals running rampant in that part of the state. Texas, Oregon, Washington, or Florida for me 10/10 over the dumpster known as LA.

If I have to live in Cali, it's San Diego above all else. LA is at the bottom. It's full of trash with homeless people infiltrating all the Starbucks in town, with overrated 5/10 or 6/10 broads faking that they're 9s or 10s until you break them down with your status notification.

Even then, San Diego is only decent. Las Vegas is half the traffic jam, half the housing prices, but with double/triple the entertainment (also, NV has no income tax). Why people are hyping about SoCal is beyond me.
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#308 » by NPZ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:47 am

lonzo_pelota wrote:They took er jerbs head ass. Why does homeless people in Starbucks make you so upset? lmao.

Imagine being this bitter in life.

What does, "They took er jerbs head ass," mean?
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,196

Post#309 » by clyde21 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:47 am

Wallace_Wallace wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:

I can def afford it. Can you? Chances are that you're still living in your mom basement.

Personally, I like my extra 10% state income tax for myself, and not have to fund the MediCal for all the illegals running rampant in that part of the state. Texas, Oregon, Washington, or Florida for me 10/10 over the dumpster known as LA.

If I have to live in Cali, it's San Diego above all else. LA is at the bottom. It's full of trash with homeless people infiltrating all the Starbucks in town, with overrated 5/10 or 6/10 broads faking that they're 9s or 10s until you break them down with your status notification.

Even then, San Diego is only decent. Las Vegas is half the traffic jam, half the housing prices, but with double/triple the entertainment (also, NV has no income tax). Why people are hyping about SoCal is beyond me.

there's nothing in Vegas other than the strip really...plenty more to do in SD.
Wallace_Wallace
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,991

Post#310 » by Wallace_Wallace » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:04 am

clyde21 wrote:
Wallace_Wallace wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:

Please elaborate......are you referring to places that are not clubs/bars? IE. family place, hangout places with buddies?

When people talk about SoCal, it's about the beaches, clubs and women. Clubs and women, no need to leave Las Vegas. Beaches, like it's cool and all, but it stinks like a mf'er. Going to the bathroom in any beach smells like hell.
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#311 » by NPZ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:04 am

MeloRoseNoah wrote:

Mr. President! Hi, never knew you posted at RGM during Executive Time.

You rail on illegals, the homeless, and 5-of-10 broads, you hate taxes, and you're angry at the lack of quality million dollar homes.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20
levon
RealGM
And1: 23,189

Post#312 » by levon » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:41 am

What's the percentage of US moms with basements broken down by city, is the real question here.
NEM
RealGM
And1: 2,122

Post#313 » by NEM » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:09 am

Probably would have been better for him to not say anything, than to disrespect a franchise the way he did for no reason at all. Yeah we’ve had a bad run the last few years, but it’s not as if someone asked him about playing in Orlando and he gave his opinion. It was completely unsolicited. Kind of weird.

Also, LA blows. Been once. Not impressed in the slightest. A bunch of smog, smells horrible, and no joke, a few homeless people on every corner. Some lady took her pants off in front of my wife and I and starting peeing IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD while we were there. Never again. Place is a dump.
I live rent free in your head. You know who you are :D

Not changing this sig until Magic win a championship. Started 6/26/2015.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,035

Post#314 » by JazzUte88 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:26 am

ratul wrote:The salt coming out of LA is incredible. Enjoy the lottery boys - maybe you can go fishing in Salt Lake?!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#315 » by basketballRob » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:04 pm

Clyde Frazier wrote:3 team deal with kuzma to orlando confirmed.

Honestly even if he didn't say those things I wouldn't want him on the Magic. I'm just not a big fan of chuker, little defense type players.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#316 » by Spens1 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:12 pm

Kuzma why? Now we're going to get blown out by 30 in Orlando.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#317 » by HeartBreakKid » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:31 pm

clyde21 wrote:
Wallace_Wallace wrote:
MeloRoseNoah wrote:

Vegas is one of the entertainment capitals of the world, San Diego is a a glorified military base on a beach. Yes, Vegas is reliant on the strip - most places don't have entertainment comparable to what you can find on the strip including SD.

The only thing that SD has relative to Vegas is good weather/beach. SD is my favorite city in California, but it's pretty snoozy.

Depending on your life style, Vegas is a better bang for your buck - SD is only better for raising a family from what I gather.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#318 » by Buzzard » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:00 pm

So long as he is playing PF and only getting 5-6 boards a game, he will be talked about poorly in that aspect of his game anywhere he calls home. I see him as a Ryan Anderson clone right now. Nothing bad about being called that; but not exactly a primary piece in a AD trade either.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,600

Post#319 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:18 pm

Worst part of LA for me is the traffic. I had to do a ton of work out there a ways back for 3 weeks all over LA. It was a nightmare driving those roads. Sure, it is dirty, but so are many big cities I have visited. Miami is a massive city with horrid traffic, but way cleaner and nicer.

I live in Orlando now with low taxes, year round good weather and can go to the beach east or west coast within an hours drive. Plus, with all the lakes, can take the boat out at any time. Plus, the congestion is minimal compared to west coast as houses have more property with their spacing.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
GordanFreeman
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,165

Post#320 » by GordanFreeman » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:26 pm

My unashamedly petty rant: Kyle Kuzma is damn fugly. His smile is wack and he has the face of a an unwell 10 year old. If he was of avg height he'd be lucky to snag 5's instead of the 8's and 9's he's pulling in now.

As for living in la vs other places, you've got to look at it from an NBA player's perspective. These guys love a things like: good places to eat, good weather, good clubs/entertainment, other famous people to chill with, good pussywillow. LA has all of that in droves. They don't give an f about the homeless since they won't be in those areas.

Return to The General Board