Devin Booker - The Kaiser of Empty Stats

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

TacoBell
Sophomore
And1: 86

Re: Devin Booker - The Kaiser of Empty Stats 

Post#41 » by TacoBell » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:38 am

This reminds me a lot of when the Kings had Demarcus Cousins. Same exact arguments, same culture problems and bad management. I'd say don't fire your coach every year and expect to different results. Just keep drafting good players and developing your talent and don't make any desperate trades like trading away first round draft picks for veterans.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,469

Post#42 » by Stix » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:43 am

:roll: He's 22 years old.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,411

Post#43 » by dremill24 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:43 am

Damn man...So you choose the night he has an unreal game on great efficiency that they lost in the final seconds to make a thread just to **** on him? I’m not gonna argue that he’s some perfect superstar but this is just hating for the sake of hating, and it’s weird...
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,687

Post#44 » by Qwigglez » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:44 am

TacoBell wrote:This reminds me a lot of when the Kings had Demarcus Cousins. Same exact arguments, same culture problems and bad management. I'd say don't fire your coach every year and expect to different results. Just keep drafting good players and developing your talent, don't fire your coach without giving him a few years and don't make any desperate trades like trading away first round draft picks for veterans.

I think the Suns are picking up on that this year. The majority of the Suns board feels like we at least should stick to Igor Koko as the head coach again for one more year. We should stop trading everyone and start building some camaraderie / chemistry. We also can't expect to have this super young team with three rookies starting to do anything meaningful.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,086

Post#45 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:44 am

dremill24 wrote:Damn man...So you choose the night he has an unreal game on great efficiency that they lost in the final seconds to make a thread just to **** on him? I’m not gonna argue that he’s some perfect superstar but this is just hating for the sake of hating, and it’s weird...

Bro its not even that...This is an old thread that he bumped to fuel the hatred. Check the date. :lol:
Klayforspicy
Head Coach
And1: 7,248

Post#46 » by Klayforspicy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:45 am

The factors on his side is that he's still so young and Suns management is still so bad
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,411

Post#47 » by dremill24 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:48 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
dremill24 wrote:Damn man...So you choose the night he has an unreal game on great efficiency that they lost in the final seconds to make a thread just to **** on him? I’m not gonna argue that he’s some perfect superstar but this is just hating for the sake of hating, and it’s weird...

Bro its not even that...This is an old thread that he bumped to fuel the hatred. Check the date. :lol:

Ah, didn’t see that. Same concept...still weird.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,086

Post#48 » by SlovenianDragon » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:50 am

dremill24 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:

Ah, didn’t see that. Same concept...still weird.

No that's what im saying its even weirder... The hate for book is unreal... Like a poster said in another thread, "wtf did book do to you to make you hate him so much?!"

Or something along those lines.
ThomYorke
Junior
And1: 876

Post#49 » by ThomYorke » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:51 am

Funny how these types of threads always pop up after he has an amazing game.

He just put up 50 points on 65% shooting, while defending an all star in Beal and holding him to just above his season average.

What exactly does Booker need to do?
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#50 » by Damkac » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:58 am

OK so all the "empty stats", "he can't win" dudes please tell me what Booker SHOULD do to win games with the team he is currently playing on?
Playing great defense? Sure, but it's hard when 99% of offense depends on you. And not like one great defender would change much when the whole team sucks.
Or maybe magically make his G-League level teammates making shots? He gets criticized hor being selfish and not getting teammates involved yet there are just 8 Pgs with more assists per game than him.

So all the experts I'm waiting for your analysis.
Bolivar
Starter
And1: 4,324

Post#51 » by Bolivar » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:20 am

I guess people are just a bit tired of seeing Phoenix tankind and/or sucking...they had a 17 game losing streak in Jan/Feb and I don't know if you can really excuse that in a season of 82 games where you should have games all the time where you have more energy and drive than the opponent that's on the tail-end of a back-to-back or an away tour.

Now is that on Booker who usually is the best scorer in those losses, well I don't know, maybe not. He will obviously be subjected to some critique with his bloated contract.

Brace yourselves for these threads if Zion goes to Phoenix and these underwhelming seasons continue. Sounds like a valid theory.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,748

Post#52 » by UcanUwill » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:26 am

Lord Cuban wrote:Told you... the new Kevin Martin....

Worst thread bump ever. He is the only guy that performs on his trashcan team and you fault him for that? What a clown.
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Post#53 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:19 am

Till this day, I still don't understand why Booker gets the hate that he does. What has he done that was wrong? If people are pissed that he agreed to that contract, blame the FO. If anyone is offering me that kind of money, even if all I do is wash dishes, I'm taking that ****.

People can't appreciate a 22 year old doing what he does. He's already one of the most gifted, offensive player in the league right now. People act like he's already in his prime, when he was just a 19 year old kid entering a losing environment and was asked to do a lot.
asas
Pro Prospect
And1: 586

Post#54 » by asas » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:38 am

Play defense and get your teammates opportunities to score. Why are people mad that haters ask him to make his teammates better? No defense, no ball movement chuckers do not lead teams to success(Derozan is a good example).
ThumbsUpBaby
Head Coach
And1: 10,825

Post#55 » by ThumbsUpBaby » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:42 am

asas wrote:Play defense and get your teammates opportunities to score. Why are people mad that haters ask him to make his teammates better? No defense, no ball movement chuckers do not lead teams to success(Derozan is a good example).

Have you even watched him and the Suns play? Only thing you nearly got right is that he plays bad defense. Otherwise, he's been doing almost everything these haters ask him to do. Why don't his teammates ever get the blame for not playing up to par when he does his best to make them "better"? Some of these unreasonable people expect him to be like LeBron or something when he's a 22 year old kid who's part of who knows what kind of system the Suns are running.
KGtabake
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,570

Post#56 » by KGtabake » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:45 am

He won't be having an excuse forever but the suns don't even have a point guard now.
Messi. Jordan. Ali. Bolt. Senna. Serena. Karelin. Phelps. Rossi. Suleymanoglou. The GOATs.
Arteezy
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,424

Post#57 » by Arteezy » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:04 am

Booker= Empty stats
Doncic in a 30 win team, padding rebounds like DeAndre Jordan and shooting 40%-30%= Future superstar

Fun thing
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#58 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:19 am

Lord Cuban wrote:Devin Booker is in his 4th season in the NBA and he signed a $158 million maximum contract extension last summer. He is still good young player but he is clearly not a franchise player material or a superstar. since he came into the league his stats never translated in wins, his team never won more than 24 games with him and that's unacceptable for a guy that talks like his the Man of the team or a star... he is the 3rd in the entire league in turnovers per game and plays one of worst defense in the league... This guy is the Kaiser of Empty Stats.

The guy is in love with his stats. I mean he took a pic of himself when he scored whatever he scored on us I can't remember(it was over 70 ? I'm too lazy to check but I remember it was a big number)... They lost the game, him and Barboza were the 2 guys shooting the ball basically the entire 2nd half, the Suns had a chance to compete to win that game instead Booker shot nearly every shot and they started fouling down like 6-7 with 90 secs to go so he can score more...
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#59 » by FlatearthZorro » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:25 am

Arteezy wrote:Booker= Empty stats
Doncic in a 30 win team, padding rebounds like DeAndre Jordan and shooting 40%-30%= Future superstar

Fun thing

Listen that Mavs team right now is not that good. Booker couldn't win 29 games with Drew Bledsoe on his team. Dallas starting 5 is Brunson/Jackson/Powell/Dirk and Luka. And btw keep in mind shooting % are usually low for most players entering the league regardless of how good they become. From what I've seen it takes 2-3 years to better it. The example I can present to you right now is Durant, who shot really low % on lottery Supersonics... It is what it is tho.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#60 » by Buzzard » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:30 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:

Bumped up by a hard core Mavs fan who is still bitter about Steve Nash.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams

Return to The General Board