ECQF | P1 (4) Boston Celtics vs (5) Indiana Pacers

Moderators: Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285

Who will win?

Poll ended at Tue Apr 9, 2019 2:43 am

BOS in 4
8%
BOS in 5
30%
BOS in 6
33%
BOS in 7
11%
IND in 7
11%
IND in 6
6%
IND in 5
0%
IND in 4
1%

Total votes: 483

spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,991

Re: ECQF | P1 (4) Boston Celtics vs (5) Indiana Pacers 

Post#1061 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:27 pm

SMTBSI wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:This might be the least impressive series sweep I've ever seen. Bucks are going to destroy this Celtics team if they come out with that in the 2nd.

Man, imagine if we'd dropped a game. Bucks would have razed our city and scoured our names from history.

Celtics have the talent no doubt but averaging 99 points over 4 games isn't going to get it done against the bucks.

Hoping for more of what we saw late in the 2nd half of the last two games. Celtics definitely have it in them to make it an interesting series.
vct33
Veteran
And1: 839

Post#1062 » by vct33 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:54 pm

spikeslovechild wrote:
SMTBSI wrote:
spikeslovechild wrote:This might be the least impressive series sweep I've ever seen. Bucks are going to destroy this Celtics team if they come out with that in the 2nd.

Man, imagine if we'd dropped a game. Bucks would have razed our city and scoured our names from history.

Celtics have the talent no doubt but averaging 99 points over 4 games isn't going to get it done against the bucks.

Hoping for more of what we saw late in the 2nd half of the last two games. Celtics definitely have it in them to make it an interesting series.

I know it's a year later but if the Celtics would've scored exactly 99 pts in every game against the Bucks last year, they'd have still won the series 4-3.
I brings the ruckus to the ladies!
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,307

Post#1063 » by boomershadow » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:26 pm

I didn't think the Pacers were gonna win the series or anything, but I expected them to win a game or two at least.
Blaze4G
Pro Prospect
And1: 943

Post#1064 » by Blaze4G » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:02 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
ajones9219 wrote:
djsunyc wrote:the celtics faced a team that wouldn't make the playoffs if played w/o oladipo the whole year.

now they will face the most dominant east team all season. i don't think the series goes more than 5 but i would be very happy if it did.

Idk man. Indiana would beat the nets or pistons in a series without dipo imo. They had some tough losses towards the end but they played well for a while after dipo went down. I think the first Boston game broke their spirit towards the end of the regular season

I mean we can count them. If my math is correct, including this series they are 16-23 since VO went down. That's basically a lotto team. I get it that they had a brutal stretch in March, but Dipo went down in friggin January. Don't get me wrong I'm a defense/system/structure guy, and I really appreciate what Indy has done with what they have, I'm only writing here out of respect for it. But you need offensive talent too. And with Bogdanovic as your main weapon you're just not gonna get very far in the NBA, that's just how it is.

I like Bobo, but if we're honest, if he was on the Celtics or Bucks he'd probably be coming off the bench as a 6th man.

Your math is incorrect. In games Oladipo has not played this season, the pacers are 23-23.
NY 567 wrote: that won't change the fact that Tatum is mediocre as hell and that Ainge is dumb enough to give average starters with no upside like Tatum and Brown max contracts. That's worse than Isiah Thomas level dumb
walker9
Junior
And1: 429

Post#1065 » by walker9 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:28 pm

UNCBlue012 wrote:Final prediction: Celtics in 4

LMFAO what a troll.
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,588

Post#1066 » by ajones9219 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:33 pm

Pachinko_ wrote:
ajones9219 wrote:Before they went on that mid March stretch the went on an 8-2 tear. That's my point really. They showed that they were a decent to good team for stretches and their record post dipo is not indicative of them as a team. They just played a brutal schedule from the end of January on, not just in March .... But I digress

My main point is you have people talking like the Celtics we're out here playing the Knicks in the first round. I'm arguing they swept a quality opponent and should have more respec put on their name lol

I mean you keep avoiding to look at the whole 35 game stretch that Dipo was down. It had hard stretches, easy stretches and everything in between, because it was nearly half a season. And there were plenty of bad losses in there that you would not expect from a true 5 seed. But ok, if you focus on that brutal stretch in March with top seeds from both conferences, when a good NBA team hits a stretch like that they typically lose 50-60% of those games. Indiana just couldn't do anything against good teams, they lost nearly all of them. You can only do so much when your best offensive talent is BB, I mean honestly answer me this: that was their best player, would he even be a starter on the Celtics?

I didn't avoid anything. Like I said when dipo went down they dropped a few in a row, which is to be expected. From there on out they basically beat the teams they were expected to beat, and lost to the teams they were expected to lose to. They even upset some good teams along the way. So my point is if dipo never existed and the offense was built around the rest of the team that they would still be a good team
Creole_Ce1tic
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#1067 » by Creole_Ce1tic » Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:41 pm

Folks riding the Bucks nuts again just like last season. YAWN!!!
JAYZGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,528

Post#1068 » by JAYZGOAT » Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:14 pm

Well at least Oladipo will come back on 2K.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 8,046

Post#1069 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:51 pm

Creole_Ce1tic wrote:Folks riding the Bucks nuts again just like last season. YAWN!!!

yeah i hear you. there is no question in my mind you guys will be a good warmup for us. looking forward to the chippiness
slickrickstyles
Rookie
And1: 409

Post#1070 » by slickrickstyles » Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:27 pm

boomershadow wrote:I didn't think the Pacers were gonna win the series or anything, but I expected them to win a game or two at least.

Agreed...Those large leads that were blown in Game 1 and 2 is insanely frustrating...Ready to start over next year
Once they have that golden shining moment and it comes to them in a dream or whatever and they understand that, that's when this team and this franchise will go to another level from where it was when I was here.

- Reggie Miller
Luke2334
Sophomore
And1: 91

Post#1071 » by Luke2334 » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:37 pm

Pops to IND for over achieving this year.

They maximized what they could do with that rosters that was deep with solid players but not enough elite talent.
Creole_Ce1tic
Sophomore
And1: 64

Post#1072 » by Creole_Ce1tic » Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:27 am

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
Creole_Ce1tic wrote:Folks riding the Bucks nuts again just like last season. YAWN!!!

yeah i hear you. there is no question in my mind you guys will be a good warmup for us. looking forward to the chippiness

Tell Bledsoe that Rozier is on the way. :lol:

Return to The General Board