ECQF | P1 (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (8) Detroit Pistons

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

Who wins the series and how?

1. Bucks in 4
61%
2. Bucks in 5
29%
3. Bucks in 6
4%
4. Bucks in 7
0%
5. Pistons in 4
3%
6. Pistons in 5
0%
7. Pistons in 6
1%
8. Pistons in 7
2%

Total votes: 449

skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Re: ECQF | P1 (1) Milwaukee Bucks vs (8) Detroit Pistons 

Post#721 » by skones » Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:58 pm

TheBonzaiEffect wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
TheBonzaiEffect wrote:18/9/3/4 blocks on 8-10 shooting for Connaughton. Dude is so underrared. Bucks are so stacked/deep.

Shot terribly for most of the season and he gets lost a lot on D. He's come on at the right time though.

He shot 47/33 (57% TS) this year. I'd hardly call that "terrible." I've always been impressed by his D. Numbers back that up. 1.2 DBPM, 1.9 Defensive Win Shares. 7.5 REB/36 which is very good for a SG. Battled some injuries too, I believe.

He was at 53.3% TS prior to the all-star break. That's a pretty substantial jump in 24 games. As AussieBuck said, he came on at the right time for us down the stretch, especially with Brogdon, Snell, and Brown, being hurt. Pat Connaughton wasn't banged up, he fell out of the rotation. Those gaps in his game logs are DNP-CDs.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,217

Post#722 » by vege » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:25 pm

Casey got this. He clearly has a plan and it's working perfectly.

First game we won a quarter by 1 point. Second game we won a half by 1 point. Next game we will win the game by 1 point, and after that we will win the series by 1 game.

Easy.
BloodNinja
Analyst
And1: 5,565

Post#723 » by BloodNinja » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:30 am

BDM22 wrote:
BloodNinja wrote:
vege wrote:
Dribbling, passing, FT shooting, defense, blocking shots.

unfortunately this hasn't translated to the win column

Well the first few years he was in the league they were a .350 win percentage team. Now they're around .500 while the roster has barely improved.

If you thought Andre was going to turn a squad that starts Reggie Jackson, Wayne Ellington, and Bruce Brown into a contender, I don't think you came into this with the right expectations.

I don't have those expectations because I know he's not good. He's just a role player that posts some nice stats with little impact. The lease he could do is show a little effort and pretend to care.
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,229

Post#724 » by freethedevil » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:40 am

Kabookalu wrote:Bucks has to be the least talented most dangerous team ever assembled. You look at their roster and aren't really blown away, but then these guys are scoring 130 points in their sleep.

Usually you'd prefer to have a top heavy team with 3 studs over one where the talent is more spread out, but for the Bucks it's working. Just about anyone can step in and score 20.

Dangerous sells it short. They have the profile of an elite team even by championship winning standards.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,149

Post#725 » by RRyder823 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:51 am

freethedevil wrote:
Kabookalu wrote:Bucks has to be the least talented most dangerous team ever assembled. You look at their roster and aren't really blown away, but then these guys are scoring 130 points in their sleep.

Usually you'd prefer to have a top heavy team with 3 studs over one where the talent is more spread out, but for the Bucks it's working. Just about anyone can step in and score 20.

Dangerous sells it short. They have the profile of an elite team even by championship winning standards.
I may be biased as a Bucks fan but it really seems like Milwaukee has caught lightning in a bottle with just the perfect collection of scheme/fit and chemistry with everyone buying in despite 4/5 of the starting lineup entering the season in contract years.

I wont go so far to say they'll topple the titan that is GS but this team plays like they have something special brewing

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,034

Post#726 » by JazzUte88 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:01 am

Pistons in 6?
freethedevil
Head Coach
And1: 3,229

Post#727 » by freethedevil » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:24 am

RRyder823 wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
Kabookalu wrote:
I wont go so far to say they'll topple the titan that is GS but this team plays like they have something special brewing

Sent from my SM-G892A using RealGM mobile app

Narratives aside, I don't see why they can't. They've been better than gsw by every sort of standard thtoughout the entireity of this season despite the mvp averaging 33 minuites a game, and they're perfectly set up to defend against any team. Add a bunch of effecient three pointers who 2019 shaq and I don't see why they couldn't beat the warriors. If you can get past Toronto I'd pick you in a 1 v1 against whoever comes out west.
Antinomy
Head Coach
And1: 7,617

Post#728 » by Antinomy » Fri Apr 19, 2019 7:39 am

freethedevil wrote:

They’re one of the few teams that doesn’t truly have a bad player on the roster. Nobody comes into the game & I think “wow, this guy f****** sucks”.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,303

Post#729 » by Moses ShamMoses » Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:58 pm

man, this team managed to get a bunch of former starters cheaply to come off the bench and kill it. This team is just too stacked for Detroit to compete. Giannis is great and all, but its the rest of the players put together that makes them special.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
skones
RealGM

Post#730 » by skones » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:08 pm

Antinomy wrote:
freethedevil wrote:

They’re one of the few teams that doesn’t truly have a bad player on the roster. Nobody comes into the game & I think “wow, this guy f****** sucks”.

That's because we traded Thon.
hege53190
Head Coach
And1: 2,671

Post#731 » by hege53190 » Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:15 pm

freethedevil wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
freethedevil wrote:

Narratives aside, I don't see why they can't. They've been better than gsw by every sort of standard thtoughout the entireity of this season despite the mvp averaging 33 minuites a game, and they're perfectly set up to defend against any team. Add a bunch of effecient three pointers who 2019 shaq and I don't see why they couldn't beat the warriors. If you can get past Toronto I'd pick you in a 1 v1 against whoever comes out west.

As a Bucks fan I love the confidence. I have been pimping the Bucks harder than most. If you look at my posting history It is pretty much telling people this is a historically good team since November. I really like our chances in the East.

That thing they have in Golden State is a different animal though. While the Bucks may be historically good team Golden State might be the best team ever assembled. Especially for the way the game is played today. I think the Bucks can compete with them. I think it will be a good series. I think the Bucks could possibly win. However Golden State should be favored by a decent margin.

But who knows. The Bucks might play really fast try to make depth matter, they may not have an answer for Giannis and the Bucks could get the upset. Curry, Durrant, Thompson, and Green still scare the crap out of me though.
DingleJerry
RealGM
And1: 8,089

Post#732 » by DingleJerry » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:17 pm

hege53190 wrote:
freethedevil wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:

As a Bucks fan I love the confidence. I have been pimping the Bucks harder than most. If you look at my posting history It is pretty much telling people this is a historically good team since November. I really like our chances in the East.

That thing they have in Golden State is a different animal though. While the Bucks may be historically good team Golden State might be the best team ever assembled. Especially for the way the game is played today. I think the Bucks can compete with them. I think it will be a good series. I think the Bucks could possibly win. However Golden State should be favored by a decent margin.

But who knows. The Bucks might play really fast try to make depth matter, they may not have an answer for Giannis and the Bucks could get the upset. Curry, Durrant, Thompson, and Green still scare the crap out of me though.

Pretty much how I feel. And I'd in that in spite of all that the Bucks have two really tough series to even get to the Finals. No way it's for granted they make it as Boston is also really good and then of course Tor/Phil as well. If they win this thing it'll be one heck of an accomplishment and possibly one of the best titles runs ever, especially for a team basically coming out of nowhere. Pretty much would escalate Giannis a major level in the historical rankings type BS talk that goes on. Long damn way to go though
Resident Lillard truther since 2015.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,684

Post#733 » by Pachinko_ » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:23 am

Just take care of business one game at the time. Do what we did all year.
Perseus1966
Veteran
And1: 1,159

Post#734 » by Perseus1966 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:30 am

Pachinko_ wrote:Just take care of business one game at the time. Do what we did all year.

Yep,because the Bostonians are already in nba finals...
I want RoLo to be my son in law!
One Last Shot
Sixth Man
And1: 2,681

Post#735 » by One Last Shot » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:40 am

Bucks got lucky with Lopez. I wonder if you switch Simmons to Giannis in Bucks, does Simmons the front runner in MVP now? Budenholzer got Hawks to 60 wins before applying the same 5-out system with Horford in Hawks and now Lopez in Bucks.
bigbucksfan1234
Senior
And1: 187

Post#736 » by bigbucksfan1234 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:50 am

One Last Shot wrote:Bucks got lucky with Lopez. I wonder if you switch Simmons to Giannis in Bucks, does Simmons the front runner in MVP now? Budenholzer got Hawks to 60 wins before applying the same 5-out system with Horford in Hawks and now Lopez in Bucks.
Giannis is in another universe when compared to simmons. Simmons is a better passer, but dwarfs him everywhere else when It comes to basketball. Giannis could Goat potential and Simmons will be mentioned in that breath.

Sent from my LGLS992 using RealGM mobile app
Greek
Starter
And1: 447

Post#737 » by Greek » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:40 pm

One Last Shot wrote:Bucks got lucky with Lopez. I wonder if you switch Simmons to Giannis in Bucks, does Simmons the front runner in MVP now? Budenholzer got Hawks to 60 wins before applying the same 5-out system with Horford in Hawks and now Lopez in Bucks.

Giannis was doing his thing last year too without Lopez...
skones
RealGM

Post#738 » by skones » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:46 pm

Uh, no. Giannis is a dominant player. Simmons is not.
aboveAverage
RealGM
And1: 2,604

Post#739 » by aboveAverage » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Ummmm. That would be a resounding no.

The system works because Giannis is the most dominant post player in the league and a top 3 defender in the league. Simmons would just be bullied out of the paint.
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#740 » by Ballerhogger » Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:20 pm

skones wrote:

Uh, no. Giannis is a dominant player. Simmons is not.

And he can actually shot it decently

Return to The General Board